As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 12/19/12: I Like Slides.....

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited December 2012 in Graphic Violence
Li'l Gotham #3, Christmas issue! Mr. Freeze was trying to protect orphans just like Batman! Turtles on tricycles! The inmates at Arkham are becoming the best sight gags in the series! Why aren't you buying these issues?
lilgotham3a.jpg

lilgotham3b.jpg

lilgotham3c.jpg

lilgotham3d.jpg

lilgotham3e.jpg

Avengers #2, the round up issue, here are the highlights from most of the cool recruits:
avengers2a-1.jpg

avengers2b.jpg

avengers2c.jpg

Cable & X-Force #2, Dr. Nemesis performs brain surgery like Mr. Burns did, and Cable talks about saving the world, like he's a gruffier Nick Fury these days:
cablexforce2a.jpg

cablexforce2b.jpg

cablexforce2c.jpg

Uncanny X-Force #35, Wade is an infinitely better teacher than Wolverine, plus he ends on a high like Costanza. Gonna miss Remender's Wade:
uncannyxforce35a.jpg

uncannyxforce35b.jpg

uncannyxforce35c.jpg

uncannyxforce35d.jpg

TexiKen on

• ryvenryven Registered User regular
    lol spiderman

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Spider-man's response is funnier with the preceding panel, recruiting Logan
    "We have beer." "I'm in."

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #12 had some of Roberts' trademarked disgusting horror and crazy action, along with the book's typical humor

but those general things are pretty common/easy to come by in various books (though executed wonderfully well in this series) so I'm going to share something awwww worthy
    tumblr_mf82jhlopz1qghv93o1_1280.jpg

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Love that Deadpool moment.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Thats some good Deadpool.

No matter how violent or crazy Deadpool gets, at his core, theres a real mensch in there somewhere.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Sam & Bobbly were the best part of Avengers #2

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Wow. That UXF bit is all kinds of awesome.
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #12
    I'm guessing that was movie night.

Crimsondude on
    that was indeed movie night!

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I just like how even cups are Autobot branded :)

looks like the Elite Guard symbol

but yeah, Roberts can handle so many seemingly contradictory tones in one issue and have them flow together perfectly, and it's always nice to see the friggin' happy and cute things like that

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    X-Force ended wonderfully

thanks for the stories Rick! It was a great ride!

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Hawkguy #6 Hawkeye hangs out with his neighbours on Kwanzaa, but the Tracksuit Draculas have something to say about that.
    IiNOO.jpg

ccCPf.jpg

teaoH.jpg
    Saga #8 Marco defends his wife against hist Mother's Slander.
    v8PgD.jpg

kD6H3.jpg
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #18 Miles and Jessica have a talk.
    rhBar.jpg

TaOM2.jpg

IXjE6.jpg
    Ultimate Comics The Ultimates #19 Scorpio Revealed?
    tWku9.jpg

plCKT.jpg

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    So many MotWs, where to begin
    Tex has Avengers and UXF covered, and it feels like most of ANXM was covered in previews

Secret Avengers #35. So apparently Father chose Synthesis
    And turned the entire UN council into Homo-Synthezoids

But that didn't look as cool as Hawkeye and Beast fighting the Avengers of the Undead
    SA_35_1.jpg
    SA_35_2.jpg
    Sunlight Arrow, bro

Or a Super Sentinel incinerating the Avengers Tower and the Baxter Building
    SA_35_3.jpg
    SA_35_4.jpg
    This book is crazy good and completely insane
    I have no idea how Remender is gonna round it all up in the next two issue

A tiny one from Hawkguy #6
    hawkguy_6.jpg
    I just love the visual of Clint in his street clothes, wearing a santa hat in the snow, about to fight off a giant mob off angry gansters to protect his building

Thor: God of Thunder #3 is gorgeous as usual
    Thor gets snark from a librarian in Omnipotence City
    tgot_3_1.jpg

And goes searching for missing gods, some of who are old friends
    tgot_3_2.jpg

Wolverine and the X-Men #22. The Frankenstein's Circus arc is pretty great. Full of crazy fun, like SA
    Evan gets to be Superman even before the mirror scene
    watxm_22_1.jpg

Hmm, I wonder who the witch's Red Lord whose name starts with Az- could be :bz
    watxm_22_2.jpg

Among other things, Wolverine is the best there is at stabbing ghouls in the face with pie
    watxm_22_3.jpg

No moments really stood out for me in Captain America #2, but the issue was really good and I'm totally sold on the whole "lost on a strange planet"-esque scifi story.

Tony sure got around this week
    Rocking his sweet new armor in both Hulk and Thor's books (looking better than he does in his own book *cough*)
    Also with small cameos in Secret Avengers and in Hawkeye. Oh, and regular Avengers of course.

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Heh eh.

Nice disguise FUry.

Quire.jpg
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Damn, must have missed picking up Thor

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Also
    Green Lantern #14The first other Green Lantern Baz meets :)
    dU93Y.jpg

uCr2B.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Finally got caught up with Scarlet Spider.
    "Check his pockets. he owes me two dollars"

heh.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    It's getting harder and harder and harder and harder to trade wait Saga.
    Should I just buy it digitally and re-buy the trades for bookshelf display when they come out? >_>

Edit: And when does the Miles USM run start? It looks pretty good.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Ultimate Comics Spider-man #1.

Quire.jpg
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

Oh, I see. It's a Vol2.

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    good lord. Avengers and Thor were amazing this week.

Oh, I see. It's a Vol2.

Basically all comics used to be name "Ultimate Whatever" and switched to "Ultimate Comics: Whatever" a little before the relaunch. SPiderman kept the old naming until Peter died and then switched.

Quire.jpg
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    So much awesome this week. Most of the stuff I picked up was already covered, but i wanted to throw in X-Treme X-Men #8.

Wherein the team meets the scariest evil Xavier yet:
    hyU9v.jpg
    Rainbow-Cupcake-flinging Unicorn Pony Xavier!

But it turns out they are actually ugly demon monsters that just pose as My Little Pony rejects so that nobody suspects them. See, I always knew those Ponies were up to no good.....

Also, Second Team Hercules turns out to be:
    From Howlett's reality. Awww, how sweet!
    UnPao.jpg

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    This week was such a great week for comics

ThorL God of Thunder was fucking awesome

Hawkeye was great

X-O Manowar stays exciting and enjoyable

X-Force finished wonderfully

Wonder Woman was as good as it has ever been

makes me so glad to be a comic fan!

happy christmas everyone!

Solar on
    Indestructible Hulk #2, in which Tony Stark has a hard time adjusting to the "new" Banner
    rQB27.png
    99HnE.png

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    It's getting harder and harder and harder and harder to trade wait Saga.
    Should I just buy it digitally and re-buy the trades for bookshelf display when they come out? >_>

Edit: And when does the Miles USM run start? It looks pretty good.

If you're trade-waiting Saga, you're really missing out. Buy the floppy issues, then buy the trade, then give away the floppy issues to someone that you want to hook. Its win-win.

tOkYVT2.jpg
    also you realize the first trade is out, right?

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    also the floppies have the letters section which is almost worth the price of the issue itself

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    also you realize the first trade is out, right?

Yeah, the trade is how I discovered it.

Balefuego wrote: »
    also the floppies have the letters section which is almost worth the price of the issue itself

I have trouble picking a favourite - probably the guy who introduced it to his dad, who loved it so much he had to do a drawing of Marko to send in. That or the doula delighted by the realistic birthing scene (or the crocheted marko and alana dolls)

Fearghaill wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »

I have trouble picking a favourite - probably the guy who introduced it to his dad, who loved it so much he had to do a drawing of Marko to send in. That or the doula delighted by the realistic birthing scene (or the crocheted marko and alana dolls)

the marko and alana dolls were my favorite

but I think issue 8 may have topped it with the Fiona Staples step by step "how i art" section

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kind of bummed that Fiona Staples original art does not physically exist, though. :(

tOkYVT2.jpg
    Also, its mind-boggling that Fiona Staples wasn't working on something before Saga. Her art is absolutely incredible.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Saga and Locke and Key restored my faith in comics.

I buy them digitally, and then I buy the trades so I can shove the trades into people's faces and make them read it.

Eventually, hopefully, hardcover editions will happen, and I'll get those as well, for reading ten or twenty or thirty years from now.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    A-nHryWCYAEXTsP.jpg:large

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Whenever I see "Cyclops was right" I think about my Mom's cousin.

This cousin (We'll call him Ned) refused to wear his seatbelt at any time, because once upon a time he wasn't wearing a seatbelt, skidded and crashed into the tree. During the accident, he got flung to the passanger side seat of the car, which was lucky because a large tree branch smashed through the driver's side windshield and probably would have killed him. So did not wearing his seatbelt in that accident save his life? Yeah, probably. Is it a good idea for him to never wear his seatbelt again? Fuck no.

Same thing with laser-face up there. Did fucking with the Pheonix allow the resurgance of the mutant race? Yes. Should you ever intentionally fuck with the pheonix? Fuck no. Because more often than not, you will get your ass burned.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    This week was such a great week for comics

ThorL God of Thunder was fucking awesome

Hawkeye was great

X-O Manowar stays exciting and enjoyable

X-Force finished wonderfully

Wonder Woman was as good as it has ever been

makes me so glad to be a comic fan!

happy christmas everyone!

Was just checking this out, sorry if this has already been mentioned and then beaten down, thought it'd be neat if the dark shifting thing that Thor is fighting is The Void.

Young Thor vs the old angel of death Void we saw in Dark Avengers way back, current Thor chasing the piece that was trapped in Scott's head, perhaps escaped due to Phoenix fiascos, and future Thor against the full Void after our star has died and released it, with the Bob construct having no Earth to go back to.

Uh yeah no, Gor is not the Void

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    whoops, I missed issue 1 that showed what he looks like, I was going off of all the black shifty tendril stuff in 2

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    My Christmas gift to myself was waiting for me when I arrived home. 8->

tumblr_mfkm2dQNhs1qzzvpao1_r1_500.jpg

As I said on Twitter, it's really quite amazing I'm still single. Ladies.

EDIT: Oh, good grief. It turns out every other Captain Marvel fan on tumblr is literally half my age. But at least they're girls.

Crimsondude on