As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

There is a brand new STEAM thread for this sale now

• striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »
    Ceno wrote: »
    I just hope Skyrim gets a deep cut this sale. It's already ridiculous that it's still $60 over a year later.

Get the bundle that was posted.

I mean $30 for all those games.

TRY! to get that bundle. It's fing hard. I still haven't gotten checkout to go through with multiple windows working on it. Furthest I've gotten is a payment/# url that won't load.

steam_sig.png
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    Whats some good local coop games?

Going away for christmas with relatives soon and want some to play with cousins and such

• pheknophekno Registered User regular
    @HyphyKezzy is one classy bastard who believes that PA Forumers should own games made by other PA Forumers and was nice enough to gift me OTRSPOD3. Thanks a ton @HyphyKezzy!

steam_sig.png
  • FredZ89FredZ89 Huehuehueh Registered User regular
    @Inksplat Thanks for the welcoming gift of Bad Rats!

Currently Playing: MH4U
    My Steam profile
    3DS: 1435-3951-4785
  • PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    Many thanks to @SteevL for the gift of Ys: The Oath!

camo_sig2.png
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

Going away for christmas with relatives soon and want some to play with cousins and such

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is great in 2-player co-op.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Jamestown is great for cooping on a single screen if you have extra controllers.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • ElinElin Registered User regular

Like, one copy and everyone can play or multiple copies just on a lan?

I think Trine does the first and Torchlight 2 for the second

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Skyrim is better than Morrowind because it's substantially more polished, it's much friendlier to someone not already deeply invested in the Elder Scrolls universe, because the main plot is way more awesome (you fight dragons and Viking zombies), and the graphics are the result of the better part of a decade's worth of improvement.

Morrowind is better than Skyrim because it's the most unique setting of basically any game anywhere, because the music and atmosphere are amazing and top even Skyrim's excellent score, because it'll run great on just about anything, because it doesn't just hand you everything and let you join whatever group you want as their new leader after doing a couple of fetch quests, and because the main plot feels as much like a religious pilgrimage of self discovery as it does fighting an ancient and horrifying evil in order to save the world.
    One of the things I love about Morrowind is that even after you've fulfilled all of the prophecies and defeated Dagoth Ur and the other significant enemies in the game, there's still room to doubt that you're actually Nerevar come again, and not just a dupe of Azura pointed in the right direction. With Skyrim, there's none of that. You're the Dragonborn, and there's no doubt or ambiguity about whether or not you're Crystal Dragon Jesus. I miss that about Morrowind.

Oblivion is better than Bad Rats, because it's in the same universe as Morrowind and Skyrim.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Sacred 2 is back on Steam. Includes the xpac that was never released on Steam before. http://store.steampowered.com/app/225640/?snr=1_550_552&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

20 bucks, 10 for the winter sale.

• Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    Thanks to @UreshiiAkuma for the gift of Mirror's Edge, and thanks to @SteevL for Y's Oath in Felgana. I shall make sure this display of class does not go unpunished!

vru37z14gk5j.png

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Thanks a ton to @One Thousand Dicks for the gift of Recettear! I will treasure it and sell it for a high price to a wandering hero.
    Wait, no. that's not right.

• CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Skyrim is better than Morrowind because it's substantially more polished, it's much friendlier to someone not already deeply invested in the Elder Scrolls universe, because the main plot is way more awesome (you fight dragons and Viking zombies), and the graphics are the result of the better part of a decade's worth of improvement.

Morrowind is better than Skyrim because it's the most unique setting of basically any game anywhere, because the music and atmosphere are amazing and top even Skyrim's excellent score, because it'll run great on just about anything, because it doesn't just hand you everything and let you join whatever group you want as their new leader after doing a couple of fetch quests, and because the main plot feels as much like a religious pilgrimage of self discovery as it does fighting an ancient and horrifying evil in order to save the world.
    One of the things I love about Morrowind is that even after you've fulfilled all of the prophecies and defeated Dagoth Ur and the other significant enemies in the game, there's still room to doubt that you're actually Nerevar come again, and not just a dupe of Azura pointed in the right direction. With Skyrim, there's none of that. You're the Dragonborn, and there's no doubt or ambiguity about whether or not you're Crystal Dragon Jesus. I miss that about Morrowind.

Oblivion is better than Bad Rats, because it's in the same universe as Morrowind and Skyrim.

Everything you said is true, and if you have some sort of a newsletter, I wish to subscribe to it.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

The first time I played Morrowind I did so without any FAQ or walkthroughs, it was almost 250 hours into the game before I found the trigger for the "main plot". I had tried to find it before but I always just went off and did other things after a half hour of looking. Finally through blind luck and stumbling around I found it and it felt so good.

I really wish more sandbox games had a "main story optional" type gameplay where you had to really search for the plot trigger to start in on that quest.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Installing Bad Rats...

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Jamestown is great for cooping on a single screen if you have extra controllers.

Yeah I've got that one and we played it last year, was good fun
    SteevL wrote: »

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is great in 2-player co-op.

I'll wait a few days to see if it has a better sale but even if it doesn't I'll probably grab it before leaving, it looks like it could be a lot of fun coop

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Installing Bad Rats...

Any one in grad school for psych? We are a goddamned cookie cutter case study of Stockholm Syndrome.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    RE: Gamersgate's Bethesda pack. There's apparently a lot of other really deep discounts going on, like Awesomenauts 3 packs for 2 bucks and whatnot. Fire Sale!

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Sacred 2 is back on Steam. Includes the xpac that was never released on Steam before. http://store.steampowered.com/app/225640/?snr=1_550_552&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

20 bucks, 10 for the winter sale.

I just squeed.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Could somebody please help me get through the crippling "unexpected errors" that is preventing me from buying anything? It's not fair, I actually had a Santa-like plan.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Share my misery. http://ustre.am/RPI1

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    RE: Gamersgate's Bethesda pack. There's apparently a lot of other really deep discounts going on, like Awesomenauts 3 packs for 2 bucks and whatnot. Fire Sale!
    Someone got told they're getting fired at the end of the month and is taking revenge!

• minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    striderjg wrote: »
    I just hope Skyrim gets a deep cut this sale. It's already ridiculous that it's still $60 over a year later.

TRY! to get that bundle. It's fing hard. I still haven't gotten checkout to go through with multiple windows working on it. Furthest I've gotten is a payment/# url that won't load.

Omg what bundle D:

• SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Installing Bad Rats...

3Usiw.gif

camo_sig2.png
    minirhyder wrote: »

Omg what bundle D:

Skyrim
    Brink Complete
    Dishonored
    Doom 3 BFG
    Fallout 3 GOTY
    Fallout NV Ultimate
    Hunted Demons Forge
    Rage
    Morrowind GOTY
    Oblivion GOTY

For 28 dollars.

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Haha, tofy an cooljammer you glorious bastards. I can't decide which one i like better so both of you can send me what two games you'd like.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Could somebody please help me get through the crippling "unexpected errors" that is preventing me from buying anything? It's not fair, I actually had a Santa-like plan.

We all had that plan, dammit.

By the time we were done, there wouldn't be a single person here who didn't own Skyrim.

edited December 2012
    Yeah, found it
    Super nice deal.

Bethesda New Year Collection €26.42

Brink Complete Pack
    €33.47
    33%
    Dishonored™
    €29.95
    DOOM 3 BFG Edition
    €9.95
    Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
    €17.48
    50%
    Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
    €19.95
    Hunted: The Demon’s Forge™
    €19.95
    RAGE
    €9.99
    Rogue Warrior
    €11.94
    40%
    The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition
    €16.74
    33%
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition Deluxe
    €49.95
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-BETHESDANYC/bethesda-new-year-collection-bundle

Site is dead as a doornail though.

minirhyder on

Omg what bundle D:

Skyrim
    Brink Complete
    Dishonored
    Doom 3 BFG
    Fallout 3 GOTY
    Fallout NV Ultimate
    Hunted Demons Forge
    Rage
    Morrowind GOTY
    Oblivion GOTY

For 28 dollars.

:( I didn't want to spend 30$ :'(... But there is Skyrim, Dishonored, Fallout 3 / NV and RAGE in this package that I'd love to play. Oh god help me, must resist !

My Steam profile
  • striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    I've gotten to a order in process, paypal link that I haven't gotten to work yet, but i think that means I probably got it. Hurrahh!

steam_sig.png
    Man oh man if I can get an order through, such contests will be had!

• EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    I have made a super handy form to decide the game I'll playthrough. Voting will conclude at 12 am PST 1/1/13. If anyone wants to art me a banner for this, I'll throw it in my sig.

EDIT: Other option is TOTALLY OPEN.

Thus Far:

Breath of Death VII 0 0%
    Company of Heroes 3 10%
    Cthulhu Saves the World 3 10%
    Jamestown 4 13%
    Red Faction: Armageddon 2 6%
    Spacechem 5 16%
    The Witcher 10 32%
    Other : Bad Rats 2 6%
    Other: Secrets of the Magic Crystals 2 6%

Ya'll are making this easy on me and my backlog.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    It took forever to get to the paypal link, which then crapped out. After refreshing a couple of times it still didn't load, but paypal sent me a receipt for my payment to gg.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2012
    FredZ89 wrote: »

Omg what bundle D:

Skyrim
    Brink Complete
    Dishonored
    Doom 3 BFG
    Fallout 3 GOTY
    Fallout NV Ultimate
    Hunted Demons Forge
    Rage
    Morrowind GOTY
    Oblivion GOTY

For 28 dollars.

:( I didn't want to spend 30$ :'(... But there is Skyrim, Dishonored, Fallout 3 / NV and RAGE in this package that I'd love to play. Oh god help me, must resist !

Buddy, you don't know how much I understand you.
    The website not working is making it even harder to resist.

minirhyder on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Are Steam purchases not working for everybody?

That bethesda deal is amazing

I think I might try to buy it just for Skyrim and Dishonored

FredZ89 wrote: »

Omg what bundle D:

Skyrim
    Brink Complete
    Dishonored
    Doom 3 BFG
    Fallout 3 GOTY
    Fallout NV Ultimate
    Hunted Demons Forge
    Rage
    Morrowind GOTY
    Oblivion GOTY

For 28 dollars.

Buddy, you don't know how much I understand you.
    The website not working is making it even harder to resist.

We shall put together a support group... The more I think about it, the more I think I will regret not buying this Bundle... I never played Skyrim and Dishonored (and heard so much good stuff about both, I really feel like I missed something), and it's been a while since I last played Fallout 3...

As I said earlier, oh god help me to resist.

My Steam profile
  • InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    All I want is Dishonored out of there, so its not tempting for me at all.

I still can't believe they have all of Brinks DLC but not Skyrims.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
    Fuck!
    I tried to click buy but clicked on tweet instead.
    Sigh.
    More endless waiting.

Anyone know how long that Bethesda pack deal is going to run for?

This discussion has been closed.