As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

There is a brand new STEAM thread for this sale now

• InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Alright guys. What do I do? RPG Maker as a flash sale, but it would eat up 75% of my remaining sale budget.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • RobotSpammerRobotSpammer Registered User regular
    Just want to thank @Steevl for being a classy fellow and gifting me Ys. I love you man!
    ...Did I just make it weird? I'm sorry for making it weird.

steam_sig.png
  • minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Blurgh, do I have to register to buy at GG?

• slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    only 66% flash on sims 3?

dumb, the game is almost 4 years old, still $10...

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Guys. Am I serving the newell correctly? I bought two games, finished one of them, and then finished Max payne 3. I have a 1:1 bought/finished ratio.

You should feel shameful and dirty.

You'll need to purchase a lot more games and play a lot less.
    Sadly dishonored and scribblenauts was the last of my gaming budget. so the ratio will probably continue to get more onesided. On the plus side, dishonored.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    minirhyder wrote: »
    ya, I think so:(

steam_sig.png
  • JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    I feel like I should buy the Darksiders Franchise pack even though I own both 1 and 2. It seem the DLC is cheaper that way.

striderjg wrote: »
    minirhyder wrote: »
    ya, I think so:(

Well there goes another hour of trying to give people my money and failing.

Out of curiousity though. Steam doesn't let you buy DLC for games you don't own with them, right? Cause I'd probably pull together ten bucks for a sims 3 expansion, but I don't think I could USE it without the base game.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Alright guys. What do I do? RPG Maker as a flash sale, but it would eat up 75% of my remaining sale budget.

Yeah, it's a painfully tempting offer, but it would also ruin the self-imposed Steam budget at only day 2.

Maybe it'll hit that price again in the last day? Argh.

• RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    @Incindium is awesome and gifted me Legend of Grimrock when I was on the fence. Now if I end up getting the Humble Bundle I'll be sure to gift this to someone else.

steam_sig.png
  • ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    I've heard of Tiny & Big before, but never watched the video. Holy crap this game looks awesome!

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Skyrim is better than Morrowind because it's substantially more polished, it's much friendlier to someone not already deeply invested in the Elder Scrolls universe, because the main plot is way more awesome (you fight dragons and Viking zombies), and the graphics are the result of the better part of a decade's worth of improvement.

Morrowind is better than Skyrim because it's the most unique setting of basically any game anywhere, because the music and atmosphere are amazing and top even Skyrim's excellent score, because it'll run great on just about anything, because it doesn't just hand you everything and let you join whatever group you want as their new leader after doing a couple of fetch quests, and because the main plot feels as much like a religious pilgrimage of self discovery as it does fighting an ancient and horrifying evil in order to save the world.
    One of the things I love about Morrowind is that even after you've fulfilled all of the prophecies and defeated Dagoth Ur and the other significant enemies in the game, there's still room to doubt that you're actually Nerevar come again, and not just a dupe of Azura pointed in the right direction. With Skyrim, there's none of that. You're the Dragonborn, and there's no doubt or ambiguity about whether or not you're Crystal Dragon Jesus. I miss that about Morrowind.

Oblivion is better than Bad Rats, because it's in the same universe as Morrowind and Skyrim.

The first time I played Morrowind I did so without any FAQ or walkthroughs, it was almost 250 hours into the game before I found the trigger for the "main plot". I had tried to find it before but I always just went off and did other things after a half hour of looking. Finally through blind luck and stumbling around I found it and it felt so good.

I really wish more sandbox games had a "main story optional" type gameplay where you had to really search for the plot trigger to start in on that quest.

That's one thing I dislike about Skyrim. Once you start the main quest, you're pretty much an asshole not to devout yourself entirely to it.

"Sure, the world is about to end if I don't do something about this personally, but I really want to keep exploring random caves to find swords that random village people have lost."

I usually either take off as soon as I escape the keep at the start of the game (i.e., I just survived the worst day of my life, and now I'm running away as fast as I can from these crazy people) OR after the first dragon is killed (i.e., oh god, this is way to much to take in, I'm running away as fast as I can from this crazy situation).

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Sims 3 misses quite a bit of DLC on steam right? Some stuff is only available on Origin? And it doesn't transfer (unlike many EA titles)...

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    In the span of 20 minutes I've gotten EDF from @kalia, Ace of Spades from @Lord_Snot and Bit.Trip Core from @Triple B

IvanIssacs on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Zenitram wrote: »
    I've heard of Tiny & Big before, but never watched the video. Holy crap this game looks awesome!

I completed out in two hours but its insanely fun. Definitely a great title to blast through

SanderJK wrote: »
    Sims 3 misses quite a bit of DLC on steam right? Some stuff is only available on Origin? And it doesn't transfer (unlike many EA titles)...
    A couple origin exclusive bonuses and maybe a stuff pack or two, but all the major expansions are on there. And I would imagine it would, actually, since registering the title on the sims website ties the game to your origin account.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Out of curiousity though. Steam doesn't let you buy DLC for games you don't own with them, right? Cause I'd probably pull together ten bucks for a sims 3 expansion, but I don't think I could USE it without the base game.

You can buy and store them in your inventory. But you can't activate DLCs without the base game.

camo_sig2.png
  • RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    So this probably has been asked, but does the THQ collection come with all the DLC for Darksiders 2?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
    Sumanai wrote: »

You can buy and store them in your inventory. But you can't activate DLCs without the base game.
    Yeah. That's what I thought. Shame, cause I'm not buying a second copy of the sims 3.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Rakai wrote: »
    So this probably has been asked, but does the THQ collection come with all the DLC for Darksiders 2?

It does not appear to.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Rakai wrote: »

It does not appear to.

It would be in the list if it did. Steam doesn't hide things.

The amazon Darksiders pack has 1+2+all DLC

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    So thanks to the Humble Bundle, I have an extra copy of The Binding of Isaac... anybody want it?

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    I've been hit by two round of high-explosive classery, with @Triple B gifting me EDF and Ys: The Oath in Felghana from @SteevL! Thanks guys!

• DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    Thank you @SoulGate for gifting me Dishonered! I will slay everyone in your name.

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    And to think I was being so strong during the Fall sale. I didn't buy a thing. Now look at me....

• RobotSpammerRobotSpammer Registered User regular
    So I made the mistake of looking at my wishlist with the lie that I was strong enough to browse but not buy. Walked away with four games and I feel horrible and ashamed at my lack of self control. Would cry myself to sleep tonight but I now have three new horror games to play that will ensure that I probably won't be sleeping at all.

steam_sig.png
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Jungleskye wrote: »
    I feel like I should buy the Darksiders Franchise pack even though I own both 1 and 2. It seem the DLC is cheaper that way.

Just nabbed that myself... it's now the 4th time I've bought Darksiders.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    Meant to mention, Thanks to @sensAZN for I Am Alive! I will survive for you!

steam_sig.png
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    So thanks to the Humble Bundle, I have an extra copy of The Binding of Isaac... anybody want it?

Seeing how only three people entered my giveaway, you could try offering it to Gregalor or gidwani (Steam names), as they were the other two who entered.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    About to jump on a plane for 12 hours. In case any of you need my sage advice while I am out of the loop, the answer is "Buy it."

ESPECIALLY if it's KOTOR 2.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I'm blaming you idx if I wind up with badrats.

striderjg on
    steam_sig.png
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Even though I said as much in chat, I still want to thank @triple b for Hotline Miami. I played the first like.. two areas and holy crap. Tripping balls.

steam_sig.png
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Thanks @HeirTransparent for giving me a copy of Renegade Ops.

Big thanks as well to @Zen Vulgarity for not only gifting me Hitman - Blood Money from his contest but Super MNC as well.

This is getting ridiculous though the more games I'm gifted/win the more I'm compelled to buy and give away myself. When does it end?????

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

Get it and then make more games for free.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular

Buy it for me!

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Some say I was born to shoot, others hula. Thank you sir @Ruiner999 - I will retake Vegas in a blaze of rainbows, of course in your honor.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Much thanks to @Viking for the classy gift of FTL! I keep hearing how good it is, now I can find out for myself!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    I leave at 2pm EST to return to civilization. All the gifting I've done is but a prelude to what is coming once I get home.

Also.

@Malakaius dropped a class bomb on the form of Ys Origin. Don't know anything about the series, but y'all have been singing its praises so I loom forward to trying it out

This discussion has been closed.