As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Our [chat] Is Up

• JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    Who cares if Jacob's an agree slut? That's his own prerogative :)

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I was agree slurring it up before it was shameful

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Being tall is awesome. Also having hair.

I may have the most hair of anyone in this thread

certainly the most of the male [chat]ters

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    huh

after the world ended, it appears to have been instantly replaced by an identical world

i bet the mayans weren't expecting that
    or is it identical

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    huh

after the world ended, it appears to have been instantly replaced by an identical world

i bet the mayans weren't expecting that
    or is it identical

You were actually Elldren yesterday.

aRkpc.gif
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    God I love the end of this episode.

Picard and the Romulan Commander.

It would seem we are not completely dissimilar. In our hopes. Or in our fears.

Yes.

Perhaps then, one day.

Yes. One day.

I had many similar experiences with my roommates from China last year.

Lh96QHG.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I'm playing the only game in town and I thought for a very dumb second that I could come out on top.

steam_sig.png
  • KEBKEB Registered User regular
    @Ravenhpltc24

Ooh, I really like that dress! Also, my small-chested jealousy is in full-swing at the moment :P

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Jean wrote: »

This is truer than you know.

KKwf8.jpg

rRwz9.gif
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I'm sorry for what you're going through, DUE. I know you'll come out of it though. You're a good dude.

rRwz9.gif
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

KKwf8.jpg

now you need to make an archvillain called The Implication

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Being tall is awesome. Also having hair.

I may have the most hair of anyone in this thread

certainly the most of the male [chat]ters

Starting from Halloween, I grew a beard to pass as Santa. It was successful.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I dont know if this was posted yet but if it has Im sorry

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/bosses-irresistible-workers_n_2348381.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003
    IOWA CITY, Iowa -- A dentist acted legally when he fired an assistant that he found attractive simply because he and his wife viewed the woman as a threat to their marriage, the all-male Iowa Supreme Court ruled Friday.

The court ruled 7-0 that bosses can fire employees they see as an "irresistible attraction," even if the employees have not engaged in flirtatious behavior or otherwise done anything wrong. Such firings may be unfair, but they are not unlawful discrimination under the Iowa Civil Rights Act because they are motivated by feelings and emotions, not gender, Justice Edward Mansfield wrote.

But Nelson's attorney said Iowa's all-male high court, one of only a handful in the nation, failed to recognize the discrimination that women see routinely in the workplace.

"These judges sent a message to Iowa women that they don't think men can be held responsible for their sexual desires and that Iowa women are the ones who have to monitor and control their bosses' sexual desires," said attorney Paige Fiedler. "If they get out of hand, then the women can be legally fired for it."

Nelson, 32, worked for Knight for 10 years, and he considered her a stellar worker. But in the final months of her employment, he complained that her tight clothing was distracting, once telling her that if his pants were bulging that was a sign her clothes were too revealing, according to the opinion.

seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2019953376_apusirresistibleattractionfiring.html
    He also once allegedly remarked about her infrequent sex life by saying, "that's like having a Lamborghini in the garage and never driving it."

Knight and Nelson - both married with children - started exchanging text messages, mostly about personal matters, such as their families. Knight's wife, who also worked in the dental office, found out about the messages and demanded Nelson be fired. The Knights consulted with their pastor, who agreed that terminating Nelson was appropriate.

Knight fired Nelson and gave her one month's severance. He later told Nelson's husband that he worried he was getting too personally attached and feared he would eventually try to start an affair with her.

Nelson was stunned because she viewed the 53-year-old Knight as a father figure and had never been interested in starting a relationship, Fiedler said.

Knight is a very religious and moral individual, and he sincerely believed that firing Nelson would be best for all parties, he said.

"While there was really no fault on the part of Mrs. Nelson, it was just as clear the decision to terminate her was not related to the fact that she was a woman," he said. "The motives behind Dr. Knight terminating Mrs. Nelson were quite clear: He did so to preserve his marriage.

"I don't view this as a decision that was either pro-women or opposed to women rights at all. In my view, this was a decision that followed the appropriate case law."

Zampanov wrote: »

KKwf8.jpg

I can't :(

rRwz9.gif

KKwf8.jpg

Leopard-skin parachute pants aren't the kind of thing I expected to see in an online game

Well, outside of Second Life anyway. But that doesn't exactly qualify as a game

I remember when D&D invaded SL many years ago. It was glorious. I have pictures, somewhere

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »

KKwf8.jpg

I can't :(

truly this is our darkest hour

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov

KKwf8.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cDLZqe735k

ay yo bob-bee!

steam_sig.png
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    My grandfather grew a beard because he wanted to play Santa. But then no one would hire him. He was pretty bummed.

@bloodyroarxx

Well, thank goodness that potential home-wrecking temptress was stopped time!

alt: Iowa is a terrible backwards place.

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Conversely,
    My dress made me feel like an actual slut. Bought it online so I took a risk in terms of fit. Turns out, my boobs would just not be tamed.

8296411332_e4ea5b1512_z.jpg

It was pretty flattering otherwise though.

I didn't realise you were from the mirror universe.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    Hey chu, did I read somewhere that mim has reported in from bootcamp? How is she doing?

she didn't say much. i got a letter basically saying: here's my address, here's the stuff i can't be sent, here's the stuff i can be sent, please give my info to any PA people who want to write me.

@organichu

Send me dis

I will write a Christmas letter

I could also use the address.

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/bosses-irresistible-workers_n_2348381.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003
    IOWA CITY, Iowa -- A dentist acted legally when he fired an assistant that he found attractive simply because he and his wife viewed the woman as a threat to their marriage, the all-male Iowa Supreme Court ruled Friday.

The court ruled 7-0 that bosses can fire employees they see as an "irresistible attraction," even if the employees have not engaged in flirtatious behavior or otherwise done anything wrong. Such firings may be unfair, but they are not unlawful discrimination under the Iowa Civil Rights Act because they are motivated by feelings and emotions, not gender, Justice Edward Mansfield wrote.

But Nelson's attorney said Iowa's all-male high court, one of only a handful in the nation, failed to recognize the discrimination that women see routinely in the workplace.

"These judges sent a message to Iowa women that they don't think men can be held responsible for their sexual desires and that Iowa women are the ones who have to monitor and control their bosses' sexual desires," said attorney Paige Fiedler. "If they get out of hand, then the women can be legally fired for it."

Nelson, 32, worked for Knight for 10 years, and he considered her a stellar worker. But in the final months of her employment, he complained that her tight clothing was distracting, once telling her that if his pants were bulging that was a sign her clothes were too revealing, according to the opinion.

seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2019953376_apusirresistibleattractionfiring.html
    He also once allegedly remarked about her infrequent sex life by saying, "that's like having a Lamborghini in the garage and never driving it."

Knight and Nelson - both married with children - started exchanging text messages, mostly about personal matters, such as their families. Knight's wife, who also worked in the dental office, found out about the messages and demanded Nelson be fired. The Knights consulted with their pastor, who agreed that terminating Nelson was appropriate.

Knight fired Nelson and gave her one month's severance. He later told Nelson's husband that he worried he was getting too personally attached and feared he would eventually try to start an affair with her.

Nelson was stunned because she viewed the 53-year-old Knight as a father figure and had never been interested in starting a relationship, Fiedler said.

Knight is a very religious and moral individual, and he sincerely believed that firing Nelson would be best for all parties, he said.

"While there was really no fault on the part of Mrs. Nelson, it was just as clear the decision to terminate her was not related to the fact that she was a woman," he said. "The motives behind Dr. Knight terminating Mrs. Nelson were quite clear: He did so to preserve his marriage.

"I don't view this as a decision that was either pro-women or opposed to women rights at all. In my view, this was a decision that followed the appropriate case law."

What in the fuck

• Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular

SIGH. So she was a threat to his marriage, despite her not being remotely interested in him, let alone willing to begin an affair. I cannot believe this was deemed a legitimate reason for firing a good employee. Why not just impose a dress code if her "tight clothing" is causing you pants bulges?

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular

KKwf8.jpg

:lol:

That's from a PS1/N64 game I presume?

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
    evilbob wrote: »
    Conversely,
    My dress made me feel like an actual slut. Bought it online so I took a risk in terms of fit. Turns out, my boobs would just not be tamed.

Cameras, man. Who knows what the hell goes on in there. At least my hand-painted Jack Bauer portrait can still be appreciated.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Oy4oa.png

steam_sig.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

SIGH. So she was a threat to his marriage, despite her not being remotely interested in him, let alone willing to begin an affair. I cannot believe this was deemed a legitimate reason for firing a good employee. Why not just impose a dress code if her "tight clothing" is causing you pants bulges?

I love how HE might cheat on his wife but its not his problem its the assistants

Conversely,

Cameras, man. Who knows what the hell goes on in there. At least my hand-painted Jack Bauer portrait can still be appreciated.

wait, did you paint that?

rRwz9.gif

Raven, you and I both know that, as women, we find ALL men irresistibly attractive, and it's only their incredible self control that stops the world from being a 24/7 bonefest.

And this man was losing his self control, what was he to do?!

Ugh.

Conversely,

wait, did you paint that?

Yeah man. It's the only good art I've ever done. It actually looks like Kiefer Sutherland. D:

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    All right, enough of Sweet Lady G for one night.

It's my best friend's birthday this weekend and for the first time in two years we're all in town at the same time so it's gonna be a pretty liquid diet.

Going to the German restaurant in Tampa on Sunday.

Gonna eat so much meat and drink so much He'Brew: the Chosen Beer.

I hope this time we can refrain from having the more conservative members of the group shout random questions about Obama at me in between shots.

Lh96QHG.png
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    KEB wrote: »

Raven, you and I both know that, as women, we find ALL men irresistibly attractive, and it's only their incredible self control that stops the world from being a 24/7 bonefest.

And this man was losing his self control, what was he to do?!

Ugh.

Unless they're nice men. :p

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I just

I don't even

If someone feels they can't control themselves why should that be anyone else's problem

That man is a terrible person

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    She replied to my text messages. She must want to sex me.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    God, and his wife, and his pastor

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Goddammit.

I lost one quarter.

I had just enough for laundry. Can't fucking find it.

I just

I don't even

If someone feels they can't control themselves why should that be anyone else's problem

I hope someone kicks that dude in the fucking teeth

But personal responsibility! She should just own up to the fact that she was dressed like a whore and whaaratlgblaglablasdbm;sfnk

Fuck it I can't do Poe's law

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Goddammit.

I lost one quarter.

I had just enough for laundry. Can't fucking find it.

There was a website someone once linked it [chat] about minor inconveniences that at the time seem really irritating. Any clues? Because this was my worst one.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
This discussion has been closed.