As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Our [chat] Is Up

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Goddammit.

I lost one quarter.

I had just enough for laundry. Can't fucking find it.

There was a website someone once linked it [chat] about minor inconveniences that at the time seem really irritating. Any clues? Because this was my worst one.

Could you be referring to a Sneaky Hate Spiral?

I get this

But no, it was a series of pictures of unfortunate inconveniences that when they happen to you seem like the worst things in the world

I wish I had a better description

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Jean wrote: »
    Reading my old threads fill me up with shame. Too bad I can't plausibly deny it was me.

IT IS ME! I just find ''me '' from a few years ago to be so damn stupid.

I understand that feeling but it's best to just try and take it as a positive. Imagine if you read your old stuff and thought "man, I suck so much compared to that guy."

Well said and thank you :)

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Reading my old threads fill me up with shame. Too bad I can't plausibly deny it was me.

I understand that feeling but it's best to just try and take it as a positive. Imagine if you read your old stuff and thought "man, I suck so much compared to that guy."
    I'm glad I've never posted anything I regret. :bz

Tomorrow I have to go to my grandmothers 96th birthday.

I can't stand seeing her because every time I look at her I can feel that I remind her of my Dad and he ain't been dead more than two years.

and then when i leave early everyone will be like.

"did you see that due. he didn't even stay long! what a jerk!"
    @DasUberEdward Man, if people can't get that it's been kind of a shit couple years for you, they can fuck the hell off, family or not.

Now that my laundry issue has been solved... LoL?

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I have been on this forum for nine years. There is no way I am not going to be embarrassed at my old posts ever. I'M OVER IT.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I read posts I made a page ago and wonder who wrote that tripe.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I have been on this forum for nine years. There is no way I am not going to be embarrassed at my old posts ever. I'M OVER IT.

Maybe in 10 more years when you are looking for a corporate job and they find your posts then you can be embarrassed.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eirBtt7wIDU

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    This is for you, DUEd.
    tumblr_mehzc4gbYb1qdv7k2o1_1280.jpg

I'm not Ludious so that's the best I am willing to find.

are you trying to say i'm really bad at making comics

because oh god I am so bad at making comics

steam_sig.png
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    wait is that a real Whomp or an edit?

Fairly sure it's an edit.

Shit :( I love when people take shots at Buckley

Well then boy have I got the comic for you

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    wait is that a real Whomp or an edit?

Fairly sure it's an edit.

Shit :( I love when people take shots at Buckley

I think only the last bit is edited.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    No words

p8IWx.jpg

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular

what if you do it every couple of years

it stands to reason that if the pattern holds, current you is terrible in ways you can't even imagine!

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    This is for you, DUEd.
    tumblr_mehzc4gbYb1qdv7k2o1_1280.jpg

I'm not Ludious so that's the best I am willing to find.

are you trying to say i'm really bad at making comics

because oh god I am so bad at making comics

I thought it might give you a chuckle .

I tried to make a comic once, but all evidence of that has been burned on an altar.

Lh96QHG.png
    it's like breakfast sausage and a gun

i need a waffle

steam_sig.png
    sometimes i go back and read jokes i made three year ago and laugh

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

Maybe in 10 more years when you are looking for a corporate job and they find your posts then you can be embarrassed.

i already have a corporate job

and my posts are a work of art

Organichu wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eirBtt7wIDU

chu.

did you know that my ex-girlfriend was Megan and I pronounced her name incorrectly occasionally because of my dumb uneducated person accent.

how did. you know.

steam_sig.png
    @Thanatos

no LoLs for me brocipher.

steam_sig.png
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

I do think this, not about fourm poast but about stuff I've written for serious

Well except one or two pieces, but when I try to channel what got me through those it's just... not there anymore

But that's the point of creativity isn't it. You get it out of you. You push through it. You exorcise those demons, you say what you always wanted to, you unravel the Gordian knot of your psyche (or at least a small part of it). And once its done you have to move on to better places.

I wrote half a chapter last night. Not a very good one. Not an important one. Not even a whole one. But it's half a chapter. It needs serious work. I didn't feel the same stirrings that led me to some of the best stuff I've written, but much like a marriage a novel can't be sustained on passion alone. There is a core of "I must express this" to it but everything else is sheer hard work.

alright [chat] got more than it needed from me tonight

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    Elendil wrote: »
    sometimes i go back and read jokes i made three year ago and laugh

Well bully for you!

I am tired but happy. Life is good.

due nooooo

due nooooo

that's what she said

:bz

steam_sig.png
  • KEBKEB Registered User regular
    I have had a lot of wine in the last couple hours.

Time to make bad decisions!

KEB wrote: »

hello

i was sad tonight in a romantic context. i spent a really wonderful night with a lady and i know she has zero interest in participating in something long term or monogamous or emotionally lasting. le sigh. le siiigh.

i continue to see her though because i am p head over heels

Elendil wrote: »

hello

:winky:

d

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i was sad tonight in a romantic context. i spent a really wonderful night with a lady and i know she has zero interest in participating in something long term or monogamous or emotionally lasting. le sigh. le siiigh.

i hung out with an attractive girl and i'm pretty sure it could have segued into something un-platonic but...

i was feeling zero connection

it was really weird, just occasionally she would say something and it would be kind of a boner-killer

it felt like we would be completely incompatible as anything more than casual acquaintances

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

d

dvd

d

tomorrow

and i deleted her from my phone.

now i just gotta delete my facebook

and then i can.

steam_sig.png
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    house republicans still insane, politicians still beholden to money over people

hmm

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    It's a good thing no one in Québec ever calls me ''Jean''. They won't think to search under that name :) I started going by ''Jean'' when my first serious girlfriend (an american) started calling me by that name. I loved the simplicity!

I still go by ''Jean'' in English Canada to make things simpler (ok.. somewhat for old time sake, I have to admit. We broke up a long time ago but I kept the nickname. )Almost no one asides from my mother use my full name.

In fact it felt WRONG when my supervisor actually used my full name!

If someone really wanted to, they could find my old shames. I don't think it will matter for the middle class jobs I want to apply to once I permanently move back to Québec, tough.

I do imagine it would bite me in the ass should I ever run for office, tough. I really love politics and being elected to l'assemblée nationale du Québec is the highest honour I could ever receive.

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    And Breen ship get.

high five.

steam_sig.png

d

dvd

Dick venereal disease?
    Bad decision indeed!

also i think that pants bulging / tight clothing comment could have been settled in arbitrage on its own, apart from the whole at-will employment issue, if the lady was smart and sued the shit out of the guy for sexual harassment

d

dvd

dvda

and i deleted her from my phone.

now i just gotta delete my facebook

and then i can.

*hug*

This discussion has been closed.