As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There is a brand new STEAM thread for this sale now

1939495969799»

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Personally, I don't think I've ever lost a crew to o2 loss, unless it's one of the first encounters and half my ship is on fire from mark 2 anti-ship drones killing my shields non-stop, in which case I'm going to restart regardless of the outcome.

Maybe piloting.

I wouldn't mind a patch that made putting points in piloting/o2/med-bay worthwhile.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    in my experience oxygen is the sort of thing that is almost always not a problem

but when it's a PROBLEM oh geez do you have to make the exact right decision at every turn

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Well, unless you have two mantises (manti?) running around, or for some crazy reason you are running an anti-personal drone (crazy) it's only 20 points. And totally worth it.

I mean, I normally have ~50 scrap in the final zone with, literally, nothing worth upgrading available. And I'm glad I spend those 20 for doors in sector ~3

I normally have more than one hundred scrap in the final zone. What's your point?

Depending, of course. Some runs are less fruitful than others. And some, like the 600-ish scrap of my last game, are more.

Relying on upgraded doors to slow boarders down is, in my view, silly. Why would you want to slow them down? You want them gone. Attack them. They'll port out.

• Options
    Tamin wrote: »
    Well, unless you have two mantises (manti?) running around, or for some crazy reason you are running an anti-personal drone (crazy) it's only 20 points. And totally worth it.

I mean, I normally have ~50 scrap in the final zone with, literally, nothing worth upgrading available. And I'm glad I spend those 20 for doors in sector ~3

I normally have more than one hundred scrap in the final zone. What's your point?

Depending, of course. Some runs are less fruitful than others. And some, like the 600-ish scrap of my last game, are more.

Relying on upgraded doors to slow boarders down is, in my view, silly. Why would you want to slow them down? You want them gone. Attack them. They'll port out.

The point is, 20 scrap into doors lets you open the airlocks and kill half their health while they are 'slowed down'.

Then they port out, without really needing to do anything.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Oh, FTL got a patch, I think its to help color blind players.

Asphyxiation is my favorite victory condition.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Tamin wrote: »

The point is, 20 scrap into doors lets you open the airlocks and kill half their health while they are 'slowed down'.

Then they port out, without really needing to do anything.

I can deprive them of oxygen without spending scrap in sector 2, which is about the point I can't spare any that isn't helping me fight actual ship battles, instead of the relatively uncommon teleporters.

Tamin on
  • Options
    Enemy leaves any room that lacks oxygen. With level one doors, it is simple impossible to hurt the enemy in your ship due to o2 loss.

Because if you try it, they will stop attacking the current room and move on.

I mean, if you kill your own crew as much as the enemy boarders, sure. But otherwise, no, it doesn't work.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Stolls wrote: »
    Viking wrote: »
    For those on the fence about RPG Maker, there is a lite version with some advanced features stripped out.
    Good enough to make some games though.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/224280/

Damn it, I see this and I think of the dozen or so unfinished/not even started little creative projects that are collecting dust on my hard drive. I just know that whatever idea I have will sputter out and die, neglected and forgotten beneath a pile of other things. I know that no matter how good the idea of a typical fantasy hero constrained by the bureaucracy and infighting that comes from shoehorning magical disciplines into trade guilds sounds in my head, the execution can and likely will fall flat in any number of ways.

...fuck it. I'm going through.

Are there any in-game tutorials of any kind? Not just guides on all the different features, but also ways you could conceivably implement them, step-by-step.

It would be great if the game had any tutorial-like challenges of any kind, like say "build a party of four" or "have this cave lead into an underground mine", stuff like that.
    not anything like that, but the official forums have a mountain of tutorials and advice.
    there are even a bunch of tutorials in the form of games you can D.L and inspect to see how stuff is put together.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Enemy leaves any room that lacks oxygen. With level one doors, it is simple impossible to hurt the enemy in your ship due to o2 loss.

Because if you try it, they will stop attacking the current room and move on.

I mean, if you kill your own crew as much as the enemy boarders, sure. But otherwise, no, it doesn't work.

Hence Level 2 doors to keep boarders in a room that they can't leave and can't breath in. Then you port your boarding team over to their ship and kill their boarding time and any other crew members. Hence the reason you go board team happy in Engie and Zoltan systems.

• Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Can anyone name all the 'Publisher packs'? looks like australia is missing out on one and i'm intrested which one it is...

i can see 2k, UBIsoft, SEGA, square enix, Bethesda, THQ and the 'indie super mega pack'.

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Robot Santa, please close the thread.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Rorus Raz. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.