As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's a compass. It points north, John. [L O S T]

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Locke directing everyone is fucking mindblowing genius, years before anyone could've known how genius it was.

Walt directing along is cute. Oh, season 1 theories.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    So just got to episode 20 of Lost season 2 again
    I've seen all this before but it was still crazy to see Michael kill Anna-Lucia and Libby. Fuck man, so goddamn crazy.

I would give almost anything to have been watching this when it was new with other people and seeing the freak out.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I've seen all this before but it was still crazy to see Michael kill Anna-Lucia and Libby. Fuck man, so goddamn crazy.

I would give almost anything to have been watching this when it was new with other people and seeing the freak out.

It was WTF to the goddamn rafters

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    just finished episode 18

this numbers shit is gonna get cleared up, right?

it's weirding me out

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    just finished episode 18

it's weirding me out

Kinda...

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    T4CT wrote: »
    just finished episode 18

it's weirding me out

They absolutely do

However it requires you to dip into some ARG stuff. Luckily all the problem solving has been done for you! I would say to wait until after season 2 and we can point you into the right direction.

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Finish up Season 2 last night. Such a great ending.

Now on to season 3 after work tonight probably. I'm not looking forward to the cages though.

• Options

I was alone watching it when it happened

I remember exactly how I reacted.

I figured it out about 3 seconds before it happened.
    As soon as Michael had the gun in his hands I went "OH HOLY SHIT NO NO DON'T"

and then Libby walked in

I was devastated

sig.gif
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Holy shiiiiiiiit season 4 is good.

broken image link
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I watched all of Lost
    Never really knew what happened
    But it was entertaining

poo
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    Season 4 is pretty much the best season of television ever.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    One day my sister asked me, "Should I watch Lost?"

Then she went through 4 seasons in like 2 weeks

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Season 4 is pretty much the best season of television ever.

This

Exact maybe not

I'm still not sure whether I prefer season four or five

But yes one of those seasons

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Continuing the Season 1 watch tonight. Just got to the Kate episode just before the three hour finale.
    Charlie had the following to say at the start of the episode:
    "As in platinum record -- as in a million units sold. Now, Drive Shaft's albums must have spiked when everybody found out that I died in some catastrophic plane disaster. When I come back, alive, it's going to be insane."
    :(

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Just showed my mum that awesome UK advert, she asked:

"where's Sawyer"
    "There he is!"
    "oh my god!!!!!"

yeah, my mum slightly fancied Sawyer!

SharpyVII on
  • Options

They finally had a definitive end date and could write an entire season knowing this

and it shows

I love season 4

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    season 4 is indeed the best season of television ever

season 4 of The Wire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    That is the best season of The Wire

It's got nothing on Lost at its best

• Options
    Partway through Season 2 now.

Ana Lucia was actually fairly likable in her Season 1 cameo when she's flirting with Jack. Shame she never got back around to that lighter personality.
    Also the hatch seems much bigger during the first few episodes. I don't think all those halls or the telescope with the mirrors or anything ever get used again. Not to mention I'd forgotten how the door to the Swan Station made Locke & Boone look rather dumb for not better exploring the area around the hatch they found.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    season 4 is indeed the best season of television ever

season 4 of The Wire

I think I'm the only person whose favorite Wire season is 2. I did not care for 4.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Lost at its best is on par with Breaking Bad.

Breaking Bad keeps its amazingness levels that high for a much longer time though. (Pretty much all of it I've seen so far.)

broken image link
  • Options
    I dunno

I mean I love LOST a whole lot but

I don't think any of it's seasons stack up to Breaking Bad S3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    I just marathoned Breaking Bad's first four seasons over the course of like 2 weeks and I don't see the big deal. It's good (very good!) but I would like it more if
    I ever felt like Walt was going to fail. I guess I feel like the fact that the show is popular means that they will not write an end, which is a shame because I feel like a well-plotted out, catastrophic, disastrous, and dramatic end would be fantastic and the character of Walter White is built for it.

His possessiveness, pride, and personality are tailor-made for a classic greek tragedy plot and it doesn't feel to me like the show is willing to write that plot.

• Options
    uh they've already written the end

and the end of season 4 almost was the end, it was not renewed for the final 2 seasons until after that episode was in the can

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    Well then in that case I think that that is a very poor way to end it.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    We're up to the end of Season 2 now. There are definitely some cracks showing in the whole "planned it all along" thing.
    First up is the Caves. They were presented as kind of a big deal with the survivors splitting up and half of them moving to the caves. However, we never really saw anybody staying at the caves after Claire moves back to the beach, and then in Season 2 we don't see them or have them mentioned at all until Hurley says a line about nobody living there anymore without giving a reason.

The big thing though is the hatches. Based on how the rest of the series went, I think they either hadn't planned them out entirely (which could potentially fit if you assume they only planned out the whole Candidates thing and not all the Dharma stuff), they changed their minds, or a bunch of stuff ended up on the cutting room floor.

The biggest thing is probably the blast door map. Here's a version of it with the latin translated:
    Cleanwall-707484.jpg

Considering that the map is later revealed to have been drawn by Radzinsky, some of that doesn't really make sense. Also that it was originally implied there were only six stations but we ended up with at least nine (not counting the Lamp Post which is nowhere near the island) with a few others potentially existing as well.

Going back to the thing about the caves, it's also curious (though not really plot relevant) that the survivors never really tried to use any of the discovered hatches as shelter, beyond the handful of people who were lucky enough to be allowed to stay in the Swan. I mean yeah, the Arrow is obviously way too far away, but the Pearl and the Staff are much closer (the Staff in particular has a lot of room for people and is more defensible than the beach). Yeah, it's not really a big deal, it's just when you see things like Kate or Jack using the shower at the Swan you have to wonder how many of the other forty or so people are given access to these comforts.

On another note, for the amount of hate I remember Ana Lucia getting when Season 2 was airing, she's really not in the show that much at all. After her group meets up with the main group, she spends most of the season sitting in a camp by herself separated from everyone else.

Lastly, while looking into some of the hatch stuff, I found a variety of fan-made island maps.
    THIS seems to be the popular one, but it hasn't been updated in over four years:
    Lost_island_map_v3_3.png

It seems to indicate the Staff is further away than the episode implied, though.

There's also THIS one which is more recently updated and features a lot more locations, but just glancing through it I see a few things that don't really make sense. Also, the Staff isn't on this one, likely because it's location is too vague.

Lars on
  • Options
    So this is what Walt is up to now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0gtzHJphVg

• Options
    Oh and by the way

Pause at 42 seconds into that video and look at the chalkboard.

• Options
    good lord that's awful

broken image link
  • Options
    Yes it is

But I am happy for 0:42

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    By the way if you don't watch the colbert report you might want to check out either the last episode before the break or the one right before, where the actual cast of downton abbey perform fake breaking bad season five scenes.

It's wonderful

• Options
    I think it'd be lost on me because I haven't seen any of season five yet, and haven't seen any of Downton Abbey

• Options
    trust me you do not need to have seen Downton Abbey to appreciate it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Lars wrote: »
    We're up to the end of Season 2 now. There are definitely some cracks showing in the whole "planned it all along" thing.
    First up is the Caves. They were presented as kind of a big deal with the survivors splitting up and half of them moving to the caves. However, we never really saw anybody staying at the caves after Claire moves back to the beach, and then in Season 2 we don't see them or have them mentioned at all until Hurley says a line about nobody living there anymore without giving a reason.

The big thing though is the hatches. Based on how the rest of the series went, I think they either hadn't planned them out entirely (which could potentially fit if you assume they only planned out the whole Candidates thing and not all the Dharma stuff), they changed their minds, or a bunch of stuff ended up on the cutting room floor.

The biggest thing is probably the blast door map. Here's a version of it with the latin translated:
    Cleanwall-707484.jpg

Considering that the map is later revealed to have been drawn by Radzinsky, some of that doesn't really make sense. Also that it was originally implied there were only six stations but we ended up with at least nine (not counting the Lamp Post which is nowhere near the island) with a few others potentially existing as well.

Going back to the thing about the caves, it's also curious (though not really plot relevant) that the survivors never really tried to use any of the discovered hatches as shelter, beyond the handful of people who were lucky enough to be allowed to stay in the Swan. I mean yeah, the Arrow is obviously way too far away, but the Pearl and the Staff are much closer (the Staff in particular has a lot of room for people and is more defensible than the beach). Yeah, it's not really a big deal, it's just when you see things like Kate or Jack using the shower at the Swan you have to wonder how many of the other forty or so people are given access to these comforts.

On another note, for the amount of hate I remember Ana Lucia getting when Season 2 was airing, she's really not in the show that much at all. After her group meets up with the main group, she spends most of the season sitting in a camp by herself separated from everyone else.

Lastly, while looking into some of the hatch stuff, I found a variety of fan-made island maps.
    THIS seems to be the popular one, but it hasn't been updated in over four years:
    Lost_island_map_v3_3.png

It seems to indicate the Staff is further away than the episode implied, though.

There's also THIS one which is more recently updated and features a lot more locations, but just glancing through it I see a few things that don't really make sense. Also, the Staff isn't on this one, likely because it's location is too vague.

I remember seeing a map that was super huge and super detailed, and seemed perfectly consistent with everything we see on the show EXCEPT

(season 5)
    it showed them taking Jughead an impossible distance from its burial site to the Swan considering there were only like 6 of them and they moved it there in one episode

sig.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    It's also great ("great") that it's at 0:42 specifically

• Options
    Yes it is

But I am happy for 0:42

All the chalkboards have lost references on them

Plus he bumps right into harold perrineau during the video

• Options
    Well yeah, Harold Perrineau was obvious though I guess that's if you can stomach the video, so I suppose it needs to be said

It's just, damn man

That video just came out today

It's cool that Walt still cares enough about Lost to do this but it is just kind of weird at the same time

• Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    charleh_zps06fec60b.png