As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Steam Steam: buy all video games

ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
edited January 2013 in Social Entropy++
assailed by sales!

oh the humanity!

sill.jpg

Shabooty on

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Oh the huge manatee?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh the steamanity!

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    my list of people who own: CorporateRed, MTS, and Sir Platypus

• SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    Just finished walking dead episode 2, holy shit

xet8c.gif

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Sal wrote: »
    Just finished walking dead episode 2, holy shit

Oh you have no fucking idea what awaits

Gatsby on
  • monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    I had this whole post typed up about how Sims 3 rekindled my hate for EA and their money-grubbing ways right when the last thread was locked.

I don't really feel like typing it out again, but suffice it to say it was steamy

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Every year I wait for the CoD sale, every year I look at them and go "... nope, still too expensive". It's like the thing with teenage girls and you getting older, only less creepy and more... well, less creepy.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    monsterror wrote: »
    I had this whole post typed up about how Sims 3 rekindled my hate for EA and their money-grubbing ways right when the last thread was locked.

I don't really feel like typing it out again, but suffice it to say it was steamy

I was SO close to buying Sims 3 because the last iteration I played was the first one, which I lent to some asshole once and didn't get back
    Then I got 'em back, the main game and...3 expansions I think.
    Only the manuals with the bloody cd keys were missing.

Fuck that dick.

Also there are a ton of games which are more interesting to me than the Sims, bleh

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

Look all I'm saying is that $500 in DLC is a little ridic.

And don't even get me started on the fact that there's one town in the base game, and any others cost about $30 in EA's currency.

Yeah that is bullshit - I remember shopping a few weeks ago, strolling through the media stuff - I turned around and practically the whole aisle was covered with Sims 3 expansions.
    That's fucked up

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    The ONE game + expansion I want to go on sale (Civ V and Gods and Kings) has yet to do so and that is driving me crazy.

I passed on getting other wishlist games in favor of waiting for this and its galling

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Thank you @Stilts for the wonderful gift of Scribblenaughts

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Yeah that is bullshit - I remember shopping a few weeks ago, strolling through the media stuff - I turned around and practically the whole aisle was covered with Sims 3 expansions.
    That's fucked up

When Sims 1 was out, everyone wanted pets, so they added it.
    Everyone wanted vacations, so they added it.

But then Sims 2 came out, and didn't inherently have pets or vacations. They were later released as expansions.

Then Sims 3 did the same thing and I'm just tired of buying the same thing over and over again.

• Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    I bought The Sims 3 for fairly cheap, played it for a few hours, screwed up, and then just moved on.

About what I had expected.

By the way, I screwed up by taking too long to romance a lady. She was an elder by the time the wedding was over, and I needed to pass down my honorable Sim name. I may have murdered her.

Really its the fact that it costs almost $30 just to buy a new town that grinds my gears. Something like that should cost like $10 tops

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I loved the Sims but then the big first expansion wouldn't work for some reason but we had the others and they worked, but then Makin' Magic came out and the game started crashing so often it was unplayable and I was like 10 so troubleshooting was out of the question

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    picked up that sonic 2 for two quid, mate have to hurry though
    theyre going fast

sig-1.jpg
  • SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    When Sims 2 came out, I entered the cheat code that made sure no one ever aged.

I never played Sims 3. Does it have that too?

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I wanted to look up Sims 1 cheats out of nostalgia and apparently CheatCC still exists

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Yes, but it is entirely too easy/fast to get your sim's life goal complete, so I feel like the meat of the game is having a lineage.

• SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    The ONE game + expansion I want to go on sale (Civ V and Gods and Kings) has yet to do so and that is driving me crazy.

I passed on getting other wishlist games in favor of waiting for this and its galling

Yeah, I think Gods and Kings is something else I'd jump on for a flash/daily sale. I may get it anyway just at the 50% off. But the sale goes on for another week or so, give it some time.

sig.gif
    I also wish I could have more ambitions than "Get to career level 10 in this field!" or "Get 10 skill level in these skills!" without having to buy a $30 expansion.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    @Nikolai got me back with Iron Brigade. Hell yeah. Also the video he posted to me in the last thread owns bones.

I wish they would make actual dice poker sets from The Witcher games

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Installing Scribblenauts now.

I already love the workshop.

Pjdu7.png

IKknkhU.gif
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Gooooood Morning and Happy Christmas!

The Scribblenauts codes are being distributed as we speak!

@Fyndir
    @TheRoadVirus

Were my winners for both amusing and entertaining me. Although everybody's answers were quite awesome!

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

@MrBrick mentioned having a gift copy of Civ V in the last thread, dunno if he found a taker for it already.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I need everyone to give me their excess steam sales. We are conducting steam sale research.

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Gooooood Morning and Happy Christmas!

The Scribblenauts codes are being distributed as we speak!

Fyndir
    TheRoadVirus

Were my winners for both amusing and entertaining me. Although everybody's answers were quite awesome!

!!!

Hooray!

I really didn't expect to win, since I can't draw worth shit.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    There's also a bearzooka! And a dalek! And Corvo from dishonored!

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    @Lonelyahava
    This act of gift-aggression will not go unanswered!

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    @TheRoadVirus apparently already bought himself a copy!

Making him unable to win the game!

Without Telling the Host! HMPH!

So the Final Scribblenauts key goes to::

@TankHammer!!!

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    OH MAN I GOTTA GO GET SCRIBBLENAUTS

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    Scribblenauts looks coo

• marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Yo what are the daily deals? Even the steam website is apparently a bit of a struggle for my phone.

• worksintheoryworksintheory Registered User regular
    steamed hams for Xmas dinner

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I need everyone to give me their excess steam sales. We are conducting steam sale research.
    Friend me, link is in my sig.

• ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    Ahhh mystery ghost is great, I think endless space was the second game he gifted me but I don't know who he is and it bugs me!

Also my wishlist has been completely gifted and you guys are awesome, I really probably might have too many games now.

hLeTR.png
    Jsut fyi my steam ID is MeanPony

Just saiyan

This discussion has been closed.