As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Gas attack in Syria

13»

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I mean I guess I understand a liberal not minding Reagan because he was mostly pleasant in terms of personality but Thatcher?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    who was the goddamn moron that said hindsight is always 20/20

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I mean I guess I understand a liberal not minding Reagan because he was mostly pleasant in terms of personality but Thatcher?

Well they both wanted to kill the poor. That's a universally supported position.

jkZziGc.png
  • Old Red InkOld Red Ink Registered User regular
    While attempting to find information on this I instead found this:
    Two US volunteer firefighters have been shot dead and two injured while responding to an emergency call in the town of Webster in New York state.

A pretty depressing night for news all around.

• FoolproofFoolproof thats what my hearts become in that place you dare not look staring back at youRegistered User regular
    While attempting to find information on this I instead found this:
    Two US volunteer firefighters have been shot dead and two injured while responding to an emergency call in the town of Webster in New York state.

A pretty depressing night for news all around.

yup, it was an ambush/suicide apparently. the perp started the fires and they spread to nearby homes before the scene could be secured.

• FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Is it that the news has gotten really depressing lately? Or has one sensationalist story just lead me to a daisy chain of the types of events that happen every day and I just normally don't notice?

Because... I get it. I was ready to give up awhile ago. You've made your point, hideous people of the world. No matter how many good people there are, you can always make the world a shitty place in an afternoon. Get it over with, please.

• satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Putin gets some popularity at home and abroad because of his propaganda stunts, like harpooning a whale and shooting a tiger and fishing shirtless

He is also popular among some sections of the Russian electorate just because he is not Yeltsin, and the state pours much of its energy-export revenues into public largesse to sustain that popularity

If an American politician shot a tiger or harpooned a whale there would be a fucking uproar.

Pretty sure the folks that love shirtless Putin stabbing tigers are the same internet ironists who love Chuck Norris and libertarianism.

no, a ton of people love him

russians especially

how much of that is motivated by fear remains to be seen

his most recent election was basically a travesty and has been followed by extensive protests, so i think you're taking official word at face value a bit too much

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Putin gets some popularity at home and abroad because of his propaganda stunts, like harpooning a whale and shooting a tiger and fishing shirtless

He is also popular among some sections of the Russian electorate just because he is not Yeltsin, and the state pours much of its energy-export revenues into public largesse to sustain that popularity

If an American politician shot a tiger or harpooned a whale there would be a fucking uproar.

Pretty sure the folks that love shirtless Putin stabbing tigers are the same internet ironists who love Chuck Norris and libertarianism.

russians especially

I was specifically referring to the folks DL thought might give a shit about an American pol hunting whale, aka 0 Russians.

• Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular

russians especially

I was specifically referring to the folks DL thought might give a shit about an American pol hunting whale, aka 0 Russians.

Well, look at shitbag Gingrich's sons. They shot a couple elephants, which actually benefits the villages around the game preserves in Africa, and people were complaining about that.

But Dongs said it was with a tranq and a tracker so I guess whatever.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    w9LjB.jpg

• One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited December 2012

Problem: solved.

One Thousand Cables on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    w9LjB.jpg

That's hot

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

russians especially

Well, look at shitbag Gingrich's sons. They shot a couple elephants, which actually benefits the villages around the game preserves in Africa, and people were complaining about that.

I don't want to be that guy, but do you have any non-NRA references to back that claim up?

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Elephants are really mad that people keep killing them so sometimes they like to kill people. A wandering rogue elephant could go nuts and attack, so tranqing and relocating is a solid idea.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Fugitive wrote: »
    Is it that the news has gotten really depressing lately? Or has one sensationalist story just lead me to a daisy chain of the types of events that happen every day and I just normally don't notice?

Because... I get it. I was ready to give up awhile ago. You've made your point, hideous people of the world. No matter how many good people there are, you can always make the world a shitty place in an afternoon. Get it over with, please.

When violent crimes get reported and receive a lot of press it can trigger other acts of violence. A horrible form of inspiration. This is why eulogies in newspapers traditionally do not mention if a person died via suicide.

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    w9LjB.jpg

That's hot

Probably would be for the baby.

russians especially

I don't want to be that guy, but do you have any non-NRA references to back that claim up?
    There are without a doubt economic and environmental benefits of hunting tourism, but these benefits go hand in hand with the threats of unsustainable quotas, poaching, corruption, and misconduct. CBNRM schemes have attempted to utilize the large revenues generated by hunting tourism to merge conservation and rural development. In theory, this is a far more effective conservation tool than the fences and fines approach; however, in practice; the win–win approach of CBNRM is proving to be more problematic.

http://www.environmentmagazine.org/Archives/Back Issues/2011/July-August 2011/exploitation-or-conservation-full.html

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/40980403?uid=3739920&uid=2134&uid=2&uid=70&uid=4&uid=3739256&sid=21101476315093

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Those sources tell me that whilst the CBNRM system set up is really helping out people, it needs some very significant changes and ongoing work to make it environmentally sustainable.

So it's a good try, but not yet good enough.

Obviously eradicating all legal hunting would just lead to an explosion in poaching, I'm not suggesting safari hunting be eradicated altogether. But the long term effects on shrinking animal populations must always be the first and most important consideration.

it's a system with large potential for abuse

but at the same time when run properly is a good thing

you asked for a "non-nra" source so i went anywhere but there

i think environment magazine probably has their own agenda they want to push that is not "hunting is good" when the first line they mention hunting having "many negative connotations"

so take from it what you will

Oh no, we both know hunting can be very beneficial to the environment when circumstances require it, for instance culling excessive population growth of kangaroos and wild horses here in in Australia.

I like shooting, myself - I just prefer to shoot inanimate objects, less mess to clean up after. I get my steaks from the butcher!

I get steak from the store too.

I also get tenders, backstrap, hams, chili meat/ground meat, and buck sticks out of deer

Sausage links, ground sausage, and ribs out of my hogs

Breast out the turkey for tenders

mmmm so tasty

• Old Red InkOld Red Ink Registered User regular
    there are some things that you just have to get for yourself

for example, my local butcher doesn't carry human flesh