As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Magic The [Phalla]ning: Return to [Phalla]ca- Day 6 has begun, Rakdos and Insurgency fall!

AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life!Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
edited January 2013 in Critical Failures
Magic the Phallaning: Return to Phallaca
WyCEk.jpg
Warning: I have taken liberties with the lore for my own purposes. If that sort of thing makes you angry, please stop reading now.

Prelude
It has been several years since The Great Upheaval. The rest of Ravnica watched in horror as five of the cities great guilds cast out some of their best, brightest, and most loyal. From Selesnya, the great Tolsimir Wolfblood accused of murder most foul. The Rakdos cast out Lyzolda, the Blood Witch for a plot to overthrow the Lord of Riots himself. Proud Azorius unceremoniously drummed out one of their greatest lawmakers, Grand Arbiter Augustin IV. For what crime, none will say. Out of the Golgari sewers crawled the Sisters of Stone Death, their love of violence having gone too far. Finally, and most shocking, Tibor and Lumia, once proud Izzet scientists, now a terrible example of what can go wrong.
Not all refer to this as the Upheaval, however. There are those that claim these icons of the guilds were betrayed. It is rumored that even now the Insurgency grows, waiting for it’s chance to strike back at those who it sees as having wronged it.
Meanwhile, two powerful entities arrive on Ravnica, free from previous obligations. Who truly knows what they want here? Only time will tell.
This is a Phalla, the Penny Arcade Forum's version of Mafia. In particular this is a multiple faction game. There is only one mafia with several village factions. This is my first game so I make no promises about the balance. @TheRoadVirus and @Kilnaga did take a look at it, so judge that as you wish. All final decisions were mine, I accept all blame. THIS WILL BE CHAOS!

Signups in Lime, and please PM me a name sometime between now and end of Day 1 to possibly be used in narration. If you do not I reserve the right to make one up for you. You may not use guild names or guild leader names. I reserve the right to reject other names for similar reasoning. This is designed for 30 players, so poke friends if its slow. Signups will close when we hit 30 or 8pm Dec. 27th.

The Villager PM
There isn’t one! You are all special in one way or another.

Rules:
Standard rules
No sharing of host-provided PMs via screenshots and direct quotation, no anonymous communication, no communication with the dead without host consent.

Vote Close
Each day will end at 9pm PST. Any actions or votes submitted up until X:59 will count, whereas those taken on or after X:00 will not. Please do not submit any actions or votes for the following day until narration has been posted and all nightly PMs have been sent.

Voting
Each day, the Boros Legion will go all judge/jury/executioner on one player of your choice. Each player may !vote for a player in Bold Red. In the result of a tie, chaos will reign.

Inactivity
Ravnica doesn’t like the lazy. Each day, you've got to speak up on who you want taken out, or it will be assumed you are volunteering. You must also post your orders via PM or pro-board. One warning will be given.
Proboards
Any player may create a proboard for any reason. However, all proboards must be linked to the host, who must have full access to all information on the board.

PMs
Trust is a valuable commodity in Phalla. If you want to add someone to a conversation, you must start a new conversation.
In the city of Ravnica, secrets are very valuable. If too much information is given out via PM, there will be...consequences.
It is required that you include the Host in PMs.

Clarifications
Nullzone wrote: »
Also since it hasn't been asked yet

Vote manip/Millers/Thralls?

No, CD, CD.

If a faction is eliminated, then the mafia and the faction they were supposed to eliminate die, do they win?

No. A Faction must exist to claim victory. Dead players in a surviving winning faction do posthumously win though.

Please note no village faction may claim victory while ANY threat to the village remains

Order of Actions
Vote > All the other stuff

For those not familiar with the setting.

Anialos on

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Player List:
    4. The Anonymous
    6. OminousLozenge
    14. Feral
    15. enlightenedbum
    20. I needed a name to post
    23. Mikey CTS
    25. Chen
    30. Void Slayer

Reserves:
    1. Mill
    2. Invictus
    3. Blahmcblah
    4. Smoove Operator

The Dead-
    Leshrac the Spiffy-Typhus733- the vote
    Bluestreak- Matev- incinerated
    Tolsimir Wolfblood- Antimatter- poisoned
    Devotee of Chaos- Nullzone- turned in
    Mandalore the Mandalore- Baidol- killed while on mission
    Chamberlain- - the vote
    Locus- Hans- shredded
    tzeentchling- - killed by multiple attackers
    SLyM-Sister Maria Teresa Garcia Graziela Aguilera Delgado Francisco Diego Arroyo Inigo Montoya Zapata Paquito El Guapo Abuelita de la “ Boom” Mendoza- betrayed by a guildmate
    Obifett- - incinerated
    SaberOverEasy-Doodler, the Mind Kinker- the vote
    Trust- Aramil Cael- victim of The Insurgency
    jdarksun-Ian Christopher "IC" Manipulator- killed in the crossfire
    Zombie Hero-Phinneas Partypants- killed in the crossfire
    Shalmelo-Lyzolda, the Blood Witch- killed in the crossfire
    Premium-Devotee of Politics- incinerated in the crossfire
    Thetheroo-Humuhumunukunukuapua'a
    Bedlam-Tibor and Lumia- the vote
    Assuran-Sebestian of Ravnica- incinerated
    Macallan-Theodore Samuel "Morningstar" Wellspring the Fifth- struck down

Narrations-

Day 0

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Anialos on
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    CONFIRMED

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »
    In the result of a tie, chaos will reign.

So, Rakdos chooses?

;D

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »

So, Rakdos chooses?

;D

No. My cat does.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Yes.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Uncle Istvan reporting for duty. (and yes, I don't care that it's from the wrong set. Crazy old guy with an axe, that's why).

Assuran on
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    I attack your life points directly

• OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Double post.

OminousLozenge on
    Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    YOUVE ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD!
    -flips it over-
    "Dude, you can't play. You helped design it."

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    -flips it over-

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Psssh, we'll go play in our own game... with blackjack and hookers.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    -flips it over-

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Psssh, we'll go play in our own game... with blackjack and hookers.

As a matter of fact, forget the blackjack!

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Also do you want like actual Ravnican character names or just some made up stuff

Nullzone wrote: »
    Also do you want like actual Ravnican character names or just some made up stuff

Up to you, although I reserve the right to refuse anything too horrible.

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    This shouldn't start before I get home

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I'd tap that

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Malkor Signs Up!!

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    !Sign up!

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »

So, Rakdos chooses?

;D

No. My cat does.

Pretty sure cats are Rakdos, anyway. All peeing on stuff, leaving dead bodies on doorsteps as offerings, howling in alleyways in the middle of the night...

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Best expansion

Well, the original was, I haven't been back to fool around with the new one. But the first one brought me back to the game after like a six year layoff, it was so fantastic.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • MacallanMacallan Registered User regular

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular

Now where did I leave my icy manipulator...

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    !signup

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    !SIGNUP

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    farts

liEt3nH.png
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I only like formats where hill giant is a playable card

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I tap all my mana

Also, ponytails never look good on guys.

• MillMill Registered User regular
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    I'll tap a swamp to play Dark Ritual

I haven't played MtG since the Rath Block was legal. :P

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • TrustTrust Registered User regular
    I'm on my phone so this may not work...

!sign-up

We Stand Ready
    Trust for best Phalla name 2012.

• TrustTrust Registered User regular
    I'm even mentioned in the OP.

We Stand Ready
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    I tap two Islands to counter your spell.

V0Gug2h.png
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Adding myself to the stack

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Signup, pass priority