As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Thread not being bumped by posts?

admanbadmanb unionize your workplaceSeattle, WARegistered User regular
Kind of random but the Clingy/Controlling Girlfriend thread isn't displaying correctly, for me at least. It says the last post was Dec 23rd and is currently bumped to page two even though there was a post as recently as two hours ago.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's not a bug or anything.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2012
    That is the sink feature.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I was wondering if it was intentionally sinking or not. I think a lot of people are watching that thread very closely - I know I am, as I'm learning a lot of things to keep an eye out for with regards to relationships and the like.

It's not my place to request it for that particular thread, but is the sink feature something that can be turned on/off? Is there a place where its triggers are documented?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I would think if you're watching it closely, you would not need it to be unsunk.

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    It's not my place to request it for that particular thread, but is the sink feature something that can be turned on/off? Is there a place where its triggers are documented?
    That's kinda like asking if the lock feature can be turned off.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    agilemaniaagilemania Lyon EstatesRegistered User regular
    Why don't you bookmark the thread by clicking the little bookmark tab in the thread's title bar? You can then click the star button next to your name in the header and see your list of bookmarked threads.

• Options
    agilemaniaagilemania Lyon EstatesRegistered User regular
    Is there a way that we can tell if a thread has been sunk? Some kind of visual indicator maybe?

• Options
    the indicator is if new posts are not bumping the thread ;)

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    That's kinda like asking if the lock feature can be turned off.

But I enjoy reading watching mods play who can get the last word after a thread is locked!

... In all seriousness, I had 100% completely forgotten about the bookmarking feature, as I've never used that on any forum I've ever gone to. I just compulsively reload the main forum pages and look for the light blue "new posts" indicator. I'll start using that in the future!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    It also sinks it in your bookmarks, so unless you go looking for it there's not any indication people are posting in it still

• Options
    If you switch on notifications for bookmarks, then it should still light up your notifications button whenever there are new posts.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Huh. Notifications for bookmarks are opt-in, not opt out. That makes sense from a spam perspective, but I'm glad someone mentioned it.

Again, not complaining, just learning.