As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Got a Dremel for Christmas...what do

InxInx Registered User regular
Hey guys, I got a Dremel 200 for Christmas this year. I love the damn thing, and I know they're super useful, and I intend on using it for Warhammer 40k stuff, but I want to use it for other stuff too.

Problem is I don't know what else to use it for. Any suggestions?

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Starting an etsy shop of course!

First you'll need to strip some printed circuit boards, then cut through some old vintage books, and fianlly glue them together for a vintage antique up-cycled steam-punk picture frame!

Also Dremel has some ideas.

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    grind/cut/sand out the inside supports of nerf blasters, insert modified internals, sand off the exterior details and create new ones out of styrene, spray paint gold and sell as "steampunk raygun" for hundreds of dollars.

Find a sheet of rusted or tarnished metal, polish a pattern or design into it. Or make a plaque.
    Make woodcuts by carving designs into sheets of plywood and rolling ink or paint over them, then printing on roll paper or fabric like a giant custom stamp. use results as posters, tablecloths, wrapping paper, placemats, bedsheets, pillow slipcovers, or wallpaper.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Moly hit mine already. We used them to make woodcut prints in college. Cheaper than linoleum, and waaay cheaper than acid bath, but it can be tempermental and makes lots of dust. Also recomend using a soft wood..hardwoods tend to be tougher to work with.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular

Two words: Home dentistry. Why would you pay for a cleaning when you can scour your own toothies at home, for free? I mean, it's that or the artsy-fartsty craft stuff.

http://pinterest.com/pumpkinbear/crafting-things-to-do-with-my-dremel/

http://pinterest.com/mariatenorio/hechos-con-el-dremel-crafts-using-dremelcrear-una-/

Be sure to take pictures of your fangs before and afte.....actually, no, don't do that.

• Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    Thanks guys! I've got some ideas rollin around now :D

• Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    Familiarizing yourself with the different types of tools available for the dremel will probably be the best way to find uses for it, assuming you have hobbies it can be used in. I've used mine to create stone settings in rings with a carbide bur, drill holes, polish metals with cloth disks and polishing compounds, and I've even used one as an improvised lathe to turn miniature metal parts for jewelry.

bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    What you should do with it is take it back to the store and upgrade to the 3000 because when you fall in love with this thing you're going to want a better one.