As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fight Games] Get ready for SoCal Regionals all weekend!

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I'd play with you but xenoblade chronicles is currently demolishing my free time

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Xenoblade is hella legit, single player mmo yes pls

and i can be dave g

J3qcnBP.png
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    I have no PS3 fighting games, so I'm putting this new stick through its paces with Symphony of the Night.

Maybe I'll try to grind out some Heavy Rain after that.

• FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    I forget who gave the advice to break in my hitbox this way, but someone suggested Pacman Collectors Edition

and damn is that game fun. though i guess that doesn't break in your buttons, just your directional

ETqXK.png
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I'm doing the challenges and some of them I just have issues with and they're not even that hard?

Ryus cr.mp, cr.mp, cr.hk. I can't do it. My thumbs are too slow/dumb.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    It's about timing

The moves don't naturally chain together, there's a very small window where the next hit will combo

You want to hit cr.mp then hit your next cr.mp right when the animation is finished. Same with the cr.rh

Start with the two mps. If your second one didn't come out, you were too fast. If it came out but the dummy blocked it, you were too slow

I'm having trouble doing one of Codys ones mainly cause I can't reliably ex zonk punch.

Just hold down any two punches, then let go when you want ex zonk

Say you want to do cr.mp xx ex zonk, you'd hold down lp and hp then as your cr.mp is hitting, release lp and hp

Aye i've been holding down lp and mp and hitting hp for the combo but I guess i'm just not pressing them right.

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    It all seems really dumb and arbitrary and first

and then you can confirm and it's like oh

this game is awesome

lfYVHTd.png
    You could be canceling at the wrong time
    In this case, don't wait for the hp to finish. Release zonk as soon as t hits

The combo is j.hp, st.hp ex zonk into ex criminal upper

edited December 2012
    yeah, so thats canceling the hp into ex zonk

itd be, (hold down lp and mp) jumpin hp, press hp. as soon as you see the stand hp connect, release lp and mp. this will cancel the recovery animation of stand hp into ex zonk. then just ez cu and ur golden

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    ez cu translates to ex criminal upper in actual words, dave

lfYVHTd.png
    that dave fella, not that other dave fella

lfYVHTd.png
    I figured as much!

I'll keep working on the trials for stuff like that and then I'll try and learn some combos.

edited December 2012
    you guys can start calling me frawst

idc

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
    bryar lets fight

J3qcnBP.png
    i will never not call you dave, dave

also dave i am at work for another 10 hours at least and then i am going in to work all day tomorrow

but tomorrow night

oh boy tomorrow night (maybe, it might be sunday depending on how tired i am)

lfYVHTd.png
    i work all weekend

but mybe when i get back from work itll be like 11-12 ur time

so maybe

J3qcnBP.png
    When I'm not fighting a training dummy I just start to freak out.

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular

Are you playing arcade mode? They aren't anything to feel bad about, they're programmed to react to everything you do so just sit back and let them walk up and then do cr. hk (or cr. hp if you're playing Makoto) if you really wanna beat 'em.

Against people though, I used to do that pretty bad, and really you just wanna play consciously, actively tell yourself what you wanna do, or go into a match trying to do a single thing (this thing could be "I wanna land this hit confirm" or "I wanna anti air every time he jumps in on me" or it could be "I don't wanna wake up into some dumb again") and that thing might not necessarily allow you to win a match and that's fine! You're not at EVO! You're playin' us randoms online!

The only way to get over that is to fight more folks. Don't worry about winning. Just focus on making one good decision during the round. Anti-air a jump in. Tech a throw. Block a mixup. Focus a projectile. Cancel a normal into a special. Hit a link. Then after you can make one every round, make another one. Then make a bunch of them. Still use practice mode to grind combos and test setups and punishes, the muscle memory stuff, but use real people to practice thinking.

Dang, I'm slow.

Yeh I was doing arcade mode and playing against chun who would u2 on reaction to me jumping in.

edited December 2012
    The ai cheats. It reads ur inputs and does whatever it think will beat it.

Play vs people yo

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
    GFWL is down for me!

Playing arcade mode is actually really useful and I don't think enough people do it

Arcade mode lets you practice combos and setups on a moving target, plus it will get you out of the habit of doing unsafe things really quickly because they will all be punished. Also the cpu loves to throw dumb shit out all goddamn day, so you get good practice punishing unsafe shit. Playing against hardest cpu gief will teach you really really quickly exactly where the spd ranges you need to avoid are.

It can teach you bad habits and there aren't footsies or mixups involved at all, but it has a place

Back when we used to marathon AE lobbies when I was playing, I'd drill arcade mode against Balrog every once in a while

it would result in me actually taking a match or two off of Knob out of the 20 we'd play

arcade mode works wonders

ETqXK.png
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Arcade mode is how I learned Marvel

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    So on brokentiers website theres a survey you can fill out to get a 10% off coupon.

Part of the survey asks for the name of a player you want to see on bt.

Everyone go and vote for kinderparty

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
    When it came time to record Seth on hardest they just hooked poongko up to a machine and something something I'm drawing a blank here

lfYVHTd.png
    So on brokentiers website theres a survey you can fill out to get a 10% off coupon.

FUCK HIM VOTE FOR KNOB

• blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    @Kinderparty is ducking me in Marvel. Doesn't want a repeat of that horrible first to 50 the other day.

Yeah we in there

lfYVHTd.png
  • Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Tempted to submit another voting for

FUCKING ANYONE BUT KNOB

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.

His shirt can just have an endless stream of daggers flying across in silhouette.

did it.

go do ittttt

ETqXK.png
    KINDER IS TINY

YOU NEED A MAN WHO CAN BENCH PRESS A MOOSE

FUCK A MOOSE, I AM THAT MAN

This discussion has been closed.