As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xorn was a Skrull all along! (Retcon Thread)

1235»

• Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Isn't Origins about to run a Wolvy-in-WWII story soon anyway?

Well, if it's Origins than we know it's gonna suck

Algertman on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I liked Mark Millar's Wolverine in WWII issue, although its almost certainly not in continuity.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I liked Mark Millar's Wolverine in WWII issue, although its almost certainly not in continuity.

It was a tricky thing to do, and I liked it except for the one page where Millar simply can't help himself and starts drawing paralells between the Nazis and the present day America. He really needs a strong editor to rein in his dafter excesses.

Bogart on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Bogart wrote: »

It was a tricky thing to do, and I liked it except for the one page where Millar simply can't help himself and starts drawing paralells between the Nazis and the present day America. He really needs a strong editor to rein in his dafter excesses.

Hell, it can't be any worse than Front Line comparing fictional comic battles to real-life wars. Man that pissed me off.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007

which page was that? i don't particularly recall making that connection

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_Chapter_One

Spider-Man is the sole survivor of a nuclear explosion that kills hundreds.

Or something.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2007
    Servo wrote: »

which page was that? i don't particularly recall making that connection

Dunno what page it was on, but it's while the German Officer is narrating tyhe story in Wolverine #32: "I took no pleasure in our camps or our preemptive strikes, but recognized that it was necessary to fight this terror abroad just as we had done for the security of our homeland. The Jews might have started this war when they brought down one of our finest buildings, but it's the duty of all patriots to finish it."

Subtle is one of many words Mark Millar would have to look up. It's quite a neat trick, actually, Godwinning something by actually having a Nazi say it instead of merely comparing something someone said to the Nazis.

Bogart on
  • Options
    PantheraOncaPantheraOnca Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    mmmm... argument style: ad nazium

PantheraOnca on