As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW game 94 - Base Set - Cerberus wins as Nurgle with VP's

1234568»

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Round 4, Summoning Phase
    game94state1.png
    Upgrades -
    Bloodsworn - Stats: (1/1/1)
    Lepers - A Leper's cost is 0 if placed in a region where you have no other figures. A given leper may only be summoned for free once per round.
    Acolytes - When summoned from the board instead of your stockpile, an Acolyte may bring a Warpstone token if present from its origin to its destination
    Seductress - New stats (1/0/2)
    Keeper of Secrets - At the beginning of the battle phase, choose any cultist or warrior in this region. Control it until the end of the round or until your keeper of secrets is killed, whichever comes first.

OW Card Effects -
    Bretonnian Knights -
    In the end phase when Old World cards are resolved, any player with one or more followers in Bretonnia must discard a Chaos card, if able.
    Dark Elf Corsairs -
    At the end of the battle phase, each player must remove one of his figures from each region where there is at least one Event token, if able.

Spell Effects -
    Estalia: Ritual Slaying - Each time you kill a figure in this region, draw a card
    The Border Princes: (M) Temporal Stasis - The cost for your opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by two.
    The Border Princes: Battle Cry - No corruption tokens may be placed in this region during this round.
    The Badlands: Warp Shield - When you play this card, choose one of your figures in this region. That figure cannot be killed in battle this round.

Khorne is active.

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    Cultist to the Badlands, rest

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Rain of Pus in Kislev. 5/6pp.

• Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Acolyte to the Empire.

2/6 PP

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Seductress from the Border Princes to Kislev

1/6 PP

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Round 4, Summoning Phase
    game94state1.png
    Upgrades -
    Lepers - A Leper's cost is 0 if placed in a region where you have no other figures. A given leper may only be summoned for free once per round.
    Acolytes - When summoned from the board instead of your stockpile, an Acolyte may bring a Warpstone token if present from its origin to its destination
    Keeper of Secrets - At the beginning of the battle phase, choose any cultist or warrior in this region. Control it until the end of the round or until your keeper of secrets is killed, whichever comes first.

OW Card Effects -
    Bretonnian Knights -
    In the end phase when Old World cards are resolved, any player with one or more followers in Bretonnia must discard a Chaos card, if able.
    Dark Elf Corsairs -
    At the end of the battle phase, each player must remove one of his figures from each region where there is at least one Event token, if able.

Spell Effects -
    Kislev: Rain of Pus - The defense value of each of your figures in this region is increased by one.
    Estalia: Ritual Slaying - Each time you kill a figure in this region, draw a card
    The Border Princes: (M) Temporal Stasis - The cost for your opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by two.
    The Border Princes: Battle Cry - No corruption tokens may be placed in this region during this round.
    The Badlands: Warp Shield - When you play this card, choose one of your figures in this region. That figure cannot be killed in battle this round.

Khorne is done.
    Nurgle is active.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Leper to Kislev from Bretonnia. 5/6pp

Cerberus on
  • Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Acolyte from Bretonnia to Kislev, dragging a Warpstone.

1/6 PP

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Seductress from the Empire to Kislev

0/6 PP

LoserForHireX on
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Leper to Troll Country from Bretonnia. 5/6pp

• Options
    Acolyte from the Badlands to Kislev.

0/6 PP and rest.
    Take it away, Nurgle...

• Options
    All Lepers to Kislev from all over the Old World. Then rest.

• Options
    @LoserForHireX to decide on what to control with the KoS.

• Options
    I'll be taking control of one of the Bloodsworn. Time to join the team with all the sexy cheerleaders!

• Options
    Round 4, Battle Phase
    game94state1.png
    Upgrades -

OW Card Effects -
    Bretonnian Knights -
    Dark Elf Corsairs -

Spell Effects -
    Kislev: Rain of Pus - The defense value of each of your figures in this region is increased by one.

Kislev: 3 dice & Rain of Pus
    The Border Princes: 2 dice
    The Badlands: 3 dice; 3 dice

• Options
    Oh well, guess it's all over. Good game, well done Cerbs!

• Options
    Good rolls could stop it, but seems unlikely.

@Flimflammery just in case you feel cheated / manipulated about Bretonnia, I wasn't giving you bad advice, if you had played the Lord of Change I would have moved everyone out and put them in Kislev and that would have caused the OW token and the Heroes to kill everything there.
    What I was expecting you to do was to Teleport one of my guys to Norsca (Killing him), this would have allowed you to dominate and because the heroes and OW would have killed me instead of you, you would have been left in a great position to take first place. I was very surprised that you allowed us to joint ruin it.

Other thoughts:
    Khorne, what a first turn, absolutely awesome, downside to it was everyone was so scared of a Khorne dial victory they ran from him.
    Tzeentch, seemed to have really poor card draws from what I saw you play. I would say that you have to use some of them to cycle through the deck and get the good ones as cards such as Temporal Stasis and Drain Power are game changers, so play those meddling of Skaven etc as you don't know the damage that they actually do.
    Slaanesh, depending on other peoples actions could easily have won from ruining TBP & The Badlands, or from a dial win if the game had gone on a turn longer. I was really worried going into the last turn about stopping him from both these goals.
    Leper Upgrade, is AMAZING, it allowed me to delay six times a turn providing I was never committed to a region, which is mental good. It was hard for anyone to stop me as they didn't know where I was going to commit my forces. I actually prefer this to PoR in instances where you are in the lead and know you are going to be targeted.
    I had to do a lot of blagging this game.

This is going to be embarrassing if @Daemonis now rolls well and kills lots in Kislev.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    I did have terrible luck with my cards, which was frustrating. I didn't feel cheated about Bretonnia, but I honestly didn't see the Norsca play; I'm not sure how it would have let me dominate, though, as playing the Teleport would mean I could place one less cultist; instead of being at five cultists each at the end of the battle phase we both would have been on four. But even without domination it might have been best in the long run, ruination-wise.

Edited for stupidity. God, I'm terrible at this game...

Flimflammery on
  • Options
    The Teleport counts towards domination so you would have dominated with 5 points over my 4.

• Options
    Yeah, I just realised that now. *facepalm*

• Options
    Looking back on things, I think I shot myself in the foot with the Changer of Ways card in Bretonnia, as I then wasn't able to Teleport anything.

• Options
    Yup, totally agree. I bluffed about playing cards and that caused you to play Changer of Ways. If you'd looked through Nurgle cards you'd have seen that I couldn't really do anything cool without having corruption down.

• Options
    DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    Kislev - 4 hits. kill 2 Nurgle cultists
    The Border Princes - 1 hit, kill Tzeentch
    The Badlands - 2 hits, kill Slaanesj cultist

Good game, Cereberus. I should not let you tick twice.

• Options
    2 Hits in the Badlands, killing off Khorne.

Good game everyone. My dial was so close...

• Options
    Round 4, Corruption Phase

An Acolyte is removed from Bretonnia & a Bloodsworn is removed from Estalia.
    (Will be on next post.)

Board at the End of Battle Phase

game94state1.png
    Domination Step
    The Border Princes: +3 VP

Corruption Step
    Kislev: +1; +4 DAC; +2 DAC; +2 DAC
    The Badlands: +2 DAC

Check for ruined regions - Kislev ruins fourth: +5 VP; +5 VP; +5 VP; +5 VP

Updated Victory Points:
    Khorne: 13 + 5 = 18
    Nurgle: 39 + 5 = 44
    Tzeentch: 29 + 5 = 34
    Slaanesh: 20 + 8 = 28

• Options
    Round 4, End Phase

Board at the beginning of the End Phase

game94state1.png
    1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board - No cards will remain.

2. Hero Tokens are resolved - An Acolyte dies in The Empire & 2 die in Bretonnia.

3. Resolve Old World cards - N/E

4. Score Ruined Regions - Kislev ruins fourth: +10 VP; +5 VP

5. Advance Threat Dials - Khorne ticks twice. All others tick once.

Khorne:
    23 - Upgrade
    28 - Upgrade

Nurgle:
    22 - Upgrade

Tzeentch:
    20 - Upgrade

Slaanesh:
    24 - Upgrade

6. Check for Game end - The game does end.

Updated Victory Points:
    Khorne: 18
    Nurgle: 44 + 10 = 54
    Tzeentch: 34
    Slaanesh: 28 + 5 = 33

Nurgle wins a VP victory!

Final Board
    game94state1.png

• Options