As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Galaxy S2 Software Corrupt?

Silent TristeroSilent Tristero Registered User regular
edited December 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Hi Super Forum;

For some inexplicable reason, my Samsung Galaxy S2 (UK) has decided to stop working. I took it out of my pocket to find it switched off; it's done that before so I wasn't too concerned. However, upon bootup, I get the error 'twLauncher has stopped working'. It repeats this process over and over...

I can access the drop-down bar at the top of the screen, and nothing else - no settings or menus; interacting with the homescreen at all causes the crash.

I've been able to download 2 different 'Launcher' apps to the phone from my PC, but both of those have also crashed on boot. This was the only fix I've found through searches thus far.

Anyone happen to have had a similar experience, or can offer some tips? I can launch into boot mode, so a factory reset is an option - preferably a last option, as I'm not sure exactly what I'll lose in the wipe.

Cheers for any help, and happy holidays.

Edit: To clarify, it's stock ICS, with Samsung's default skin. No rooting or custom launchers, until now.

Silent Tristero on

• Options
    Great ScottGreat Scott King of Wishful Thinking Paragon City, RIRegistered User regular
    It sounds to me like there is a problem with either displaying or loading apps, which almost certainly means flash corruption. This may well be a hardware problem, but if it isn't, trying to fix it will almost certainly cause you to lose something.

Since you can use the top-down bar, can you see the phone as a USB drive when connected to a PC? You should be able to get your data off of it.

I'm unique. Just like everyone else.