As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cookie/Biscuit Brigade - Attack of the Bickie Bandits!

• Options
    zerochosenzerochosen WollongongRegistered User regular
    This recipe looks interesting... Rum soaked tropical oatmeal cookies

A webcomic by me: Enemy Agency
    http://www.enemy-agency.com
  • Options
    DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    Tropical...

Coconut and Lime. Mojito cookie!

• Options
    Danacyrus wrote: »
    Tropical...

Coconut and Lime. Mojito cookie!
    ... and mint?

• Options
    DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    Maybe not for that, unless it was dusted with a mint infused sugar. I think that cooking with it would butcher it :P

• Options
    DragonBearDragonBear Registered User regular
    So loving the rum soaked recipe @zerochosen. I'll try that one today.
    After looking at FeastyGeeks I think I'll try bacon wrapped stuffed Tim Tams too.

• Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    DragonBear wrote: »
    So loving the rum soaked recipe @zerochosen. I'll try that one today.
    After looking at FeastyGeeks I think I'll try bacon wrapped stuffed Tim Tams too.

bacon wrapped stuffed Tim Tams o.0 oh my

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    I think my heart just stopped :(

• Options
    Ew

• Options
    Did you read that recipe blog @Danacyrus?
    Don't forget who the taste tester is ;-)
    Seriously though, I don't think I could do that to a Tim Tam

• Options
    I think everyone should post pics of their trials now

@DragonBear yeah some interesting recipes XD A bit too weird for my likes I think, for some reason sweet + Bacon scares me, unless it's bacon with maple syrup....

Mmm Maple Candied bacon cookies anyone???

Hmm This time to try the weird things I think!

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Try oatmeal cookies using dried tropical fruits instead of raisins.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    Am I the only one that doesn't like any kinda fruity oatmeal based cookies :cry:

• Options
    I'll enjoy one fruity, oatmeal biscuit but the second is always a disappointment for some reason.
    Then again, I bake but don't tend to eat much of my product unless it is chocolate fudge based :-)

• Options
    Im a Vanilla/Coconut/Nuts/Marshmallow kinda person :3

• Options
    Bacon and maple syrup should be on the same plate... just not in the same mouthful :/

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Nope, my Canadian chef taught me the awesomeness of Sweet Potato hotcakes with Maple Syrup and Bacon.

I was a hater, then I saw the light!

I will make something awesome for you got PAX and you will like it, I PROMISE :D

Danacyrus on
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    zerochosen wrote: »
    Bacon and maple syrup should be on the same plate... just not in the same mouthful :/

bacon and maple syrup are VERY good together. Actually bacon is good with most sweets because of the salt/sweet mix

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    I am prepared to be proven wrong :)

• Options
    DaCrawDaCraw Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    While searching for bacon-based biscuits, I came across this: Bacon Sweeties). Basically it's caramelised bacon with chocolate and almonds on top. I'm yet to try it, but I must admit that I'm curious.

DaCraw on
    ---
  • Options
    Singapore.

That is all.

• Options
    FPFr0styFPFr0sty Registered User regular
    "Epic meal time - Thanks giving care package"

And have 000 on speed dial

• Options
    Today's Effort:

5eea0cce3db011e2bb3e22000a1fb8a8_7.jpg

Maple Candied Bacon and Choc-Chip Cookies.

Was pretty lazy, didn't use a recipe and forgot to put a timer on, so spent the better part of 20 minutes walking to and from the kitchen, poking them, and then walking away.

I'm thinking that the Chocolate is slightly overpowering though and next time I'm going to try a Spice and Maple Candied Bacon Cookie, definintly the same base though, so good. Crunchy on the outside, chewy in the middle... Also, more bacon... XD

Soooooo good.

• Options
    FatSoDaFatSoDa Professor Doctor AustraliaRegistered User regular
    This may be the beginning of a beautiful friendship
    Today's Effort:

5eea0cce3db011e2bb3e22000a1fb8a8_7.jpg

Maple Candied Bacon and Choc-Chip Cookies.

Was pretty lazy, didn't use a recipe and forgot to put a timer on, so spent the better part of 20 minutes walking to and from the kitchen, poking them, and then walking away.

I'm thinking that the Chocolate is slightly overpowering though and next time I'm going to try a Spice and Maple Candied Bacon Cookie, definintly the same base though, so good. Crunchy on the outside, chewy in the middle... Also, more bacon... XD

Soooooo good.

[E]nforcing it Like I stole it
    paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • Options
    VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    FatSoDa wrote: »
    This may be the beginning of a beautiful friendship

Says you... That cookies future has crumbled.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • Options
    I don't know what hurts my brain more, bacon as a desert or Vapok's terrible pun :)

• Options
    Vapok :P

These cookies are too amazing.

• Options
    I don't know what hurts my brain more, bacon as a desert or Vapok's terrible pun :)

Here's a punny story: There's such a thing as a bacon alarm clock. It exists!
    Vapok :P
    These cookies are too amazing.

As amazing as a bacon alarm clock?

Vapok
  • Options
    Eh, that's just creepy.

• Options
    Eh, that's just creepy.

I think you have to be into bacon to appreciate it's full potential.

But enough about bacon!

cookie.jpg

Vapok
  • Options
    I was expecting the bacon alarm clock to shoot scalding bacon at you... it's a surprisingly affective way to wake up.

• Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    I was expecting the bacon alarm clock to shoot scalding bacon at you... it's a surprisingly affective way to wake up.

I snore, so odds are the bacon would simply land in my mouth. I'd awaken feel sated and not require breakfast :D

• Options
    ZedCavalryZedCavalry I swear, I'm not that immature. Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Just signed up at the site. I'd be willing to make delicious treats of the pastry/biscuit variety for charity. I'd also be happy to do distribution!

• Options
    SandmanTechSandmanTech MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    We'll be willing to support anyone coming that wants to bake by supplying the raw ingredients if wanted. Might even be able to supply a kitchen, but this depends on the new showroom/office/workshop that we are looking for here.

Won't be able to do too much during the event though as we hope to have a stand in the expo hall. Our in-house plans are starting to take shape.

SandmanTech on
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Can I just step in here and say that it's really great and heartwarming to see so much interest in the Brigade! @Punzie will REPRESENT at Pax Au! ... No, really - she's the Brigade representative.

Welcome all you Aussies and Kiwis, to the grand friendly competition beween the East and Prime Brigades to see who can raise the most donations! (Prime kicks ass.)

BRING IT!!

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    UmbraLucisUmbraLucis Registered User regular
    Out of curiousity, is the brigade absolutely limited to biscuits? I was wondering if there might be leeway to cook up some good ol' peppermint, Mars Bar or lemon slices? Or even jam tarts?

Domo's are like cookies. One's just never enough.
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    It is not limited specifically to those, no. Basically one can make just about any treat that is easily individually wrapped and transported and can stay good without refrigeration (unofficial observations, not an official cookie brigade response).

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    The official CB response is, yeah, basically what Zer said. The vast majority of things we hand out are biscuits (cookies to my American brain), but we've had hard candies, popcorn balls, banana and pumpkin breads, Rice Krispie treats and other assorted items.

Unrelated note: the CB admins were all super busy over the holidays so apps got put on hold. I'be been making some headway in that department over the last couple days though. So if you applied and are still waiting for a response, that's probably why. Also, there is a lot of spam in there so you got deny and feel it was in error, please pm me as there's a chance I checked an incorrect box.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    SandmanTechSandmanTech MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Some time in the next week I should be able to confirm if our new offices have a fully equipped kitchen with an oven, so if anyone coming from O/S or interstate and wants to bake, that option will be available to you.

• Options
    UmbraLucisUmbraLucis Registered User regular
    Just looking at possible options for hiring a kitchen for any non-Melbournian's who want to cook locally. I've spoken with William Angliss TAFE which charges $650 for kitchen hire a day. Great facilities and location but probably too expensive if we don't have all that many interested. There are also these alternatives:
    Cooking Space which hasboth a West Melbourne and Abbotsford site and they're fully equipped and seem to offer a really good rate
    or Commercial Kitchens in Abbotsford

The real question is, is how many non-locals would be interested in cooking up a storm in the day or two prior to PAX as that will determine what kind of hire fee we can afford?

Domo's are like cookies. One's just never enough.
  • Options
    tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    if somebody made a batch of anzac biscuits i would grant them their hearts desire

tokyodove on
This discussion has been closed.