As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The New ORIGINAL Sci-Fi from Norway!

jardoss95jardoss95 Registered User new member
Hey guys!
Earlier this year we posted a trailer for our upcoming sci-fi feature EVERYWHEN, which got great feedback (thank you!). The norwegian premiere being 28th of January, we thought it might fit with a second trailer!

Once again ill remind you we're only 17 (16 when we shot it) so keep that in mind when it comes to actors and amateur-ish faults. However, being this young, we welcome all reasonable criticism that can make us better:)!

Anyway, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXUQ_T68hw0

Have a great day! Looking forward to hear from you,
Jarand B. Herdal

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    I got to be honest, I'm not really sure how we can crit a trailer. Its pretty classic trailer editing and doesn't really tell us much about the film, and its hard to judge effects that we can only see for 5 second cuts.

If you have an isolated scene, screencaps, or other material you are willing to post, or give me some response to indicate that this isn't a fly by youtube posting thats fishing for views, I think that would get you a better response.

• Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    I do love the fact that the DSLR (and digital workflow in general) has allowed indie film makers to produce this level of quality.

That being said the trailer tells me very little about this film. So it's either being deliberately obtuse to avoid divulging the plot, or it's so bad that it needs to toss up a smoke screen in the hope that the little bit of info provided is enough to make me want to see it. The thing is, most people don't have much time and have a laundry list of entertainment they want to consume. You have to hit shit out of the park to make people want to see things these days.

Don't get me wrong, I wish you every bit of luck with it. Just don't give up if it bombs, because I can definitely see there's a shitload of potential here.

• Options
    JohnTWMJohnTWM Registered User regular
    Well, I gotta say I have to disagree with the above posters on the basic premises of A. Their analysis of the trailer, and B. on their statement that there isn't enough here to make judgements/recommendations of the techniques used. Although, before I get started, I would say my first impression is that, as Iruka said, this stinks of just a quick publicity grab.

Anyway, back to the trailer, I feel that it was fairly effective, in that it gave me a fairly solid grip of what the basic story elements are. The brother is missing. There is a parallel universe. It's not a nice place. The two boys in the trailer (main characters?) have the ability to travel between them. The brother is probably there. And there appears to be some government involvement just based on the swat/suits that I saw. They just had a sort of government conspiracy feel to them. One could really go deeper here and draw some further conclusions, but I think what I listed is already enough for a trailer. I would also say that based on the quality of filming here, I would be inclined to go see this movie. Or at least I would be bothered to check rotten tomatoes at it's time of release to see if it has accrued a greater than 60% ;)

Now I am in no way involved in filming or editing beyond a super amateur level, so I can't really say anything about specific effects/cuts/shots. But, as a movie enthusiast and a writer, I can say that the trailer was effectively paced and shot so as to, at least superficially, demonstrate a solid grasp of filming and a potentially entertaining movie. I would say the only thing that really stuck out to me as less than stellar was the green light thingies at the very end of the trailer.. I didn't see enough of them to really say what they were or what they were supposed to be doing, but my initial impression was that it felt cheesy. Again this is only the most vague sort of feeling... I can't point to anything in particular, just that it struck me as amateurish on my first viewing.