As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Rain-Slick 3 Free DLC, The Beginning of the End, out today for PC & XBLIG

RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
I'm pleased to announce that the final bit of free DLC for Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 has just been released today on PC. The update for the XBLIG version of the game has passed peer review and should go live later today (probably this afternoon). The Mac & mobile versions are still being worked on and will receive the update at a later date. We'll keep you posted.

If Steam doesn't automatically download the update, try exiting and restarting Steam. That usually does the trick.

This update adds a new playable scenario to the game - The Beginning of the End. This scenario takes place before the main story of the game and features a new playable character, new abilities, new maps, new enemies, and even a couple new songs as well. To access the scenario, just select it from the main title menu. I do recommend waiting to play the new scenario until after you've beaten the main game since the plot will make more sense that way.

• Game VyseGame Vyse Registered User regular
    well it did not take long to beat.

But I have to ask, who idea was it to use the bag in that way?

• AskerothAskeroth Registered User regular
    I have to ask. Would you consider this free DLC endeavor to be a success? I mean, you're giving it away for free and yet there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of buzz about it. All of your threads announcing each DLC have barely generated a handful of replies. This one, which seemed to be the most important, only got one before this post. I'm grateful for what you and the others on the team have done, but it seems like it might not have gone as you had hoped.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    @Askeroth I don't think that the forums are an accurate indicator of whether or not people are playing a game.

edited December 2012
    zerzhul wrote: »
    @Askeroth I don't think that the forums are an accurate indicator of whether or not people are playing a game.
    It's more than that, though. There's not much going on at any forum, and only one-or-two gaming news sites posted about the DLC. It just feels like it's not getting the attention that it deserves.

Askeroth on
  • Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I really enjoyed the dlc! Hope you guys are hard at work on part 4.

• RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    No, we haven't heard much buzz at all about this DLC or our previous ones. Sales haven't really increased at DLC releases either. I think in the future, we're not going to do DLC since that's time that we could be working on new games instead.

No, we haven't heard much buzz at all about this DLC or our previous ones. Sales haven't really increased at DLC releases either. I think in the future, we're not going to do DLC since that's time that we could be working on new games instead.
    Well, I do appreciate it. I'm not sure if you saw my post a few months back, but after playing this game, I went back and bought all of your other ones, even the text games. Keep up the good work and don't let this get you down.

• Game VyseGame Vyse Registered User regular
    I do appreciate the work you put in this, I had more fun from this game then most of the AAA games and i do like some of hard fights in the Lair of the Seamstress.
    The DLC came out too late in the year, some of the news site I know half close up for the year so it real just came out at the wrong time for your hoping it come.

Oh you may like to ask PA to update the Rain-Slick 3 ad tab thing on the website, it still saying Plus free new "Lair of the Seamstress" DLC for all!
    with no word on the new DLC.

On another note, can somebody, uh, explain the ending of this DLC to me? I'm all sorts of confused.

• Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Unless you've beaten the main game, you won't understand.

Unless you've beaten the main game, you won't understand.
    I have, but frankly, that scene in the main game didn't make much sense to me, either... I think being in the crystal lets you survive the end of the world or something, but what sort of future is there? Eh.

• DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Apparently...
    You (the character) and Anne-Claire are the ones that are going to be the founders of the new universe.

...That sounds kind of squicky.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    What I gathered from the story is
    Various dieties were housed in those crystal, and Tycho's family line has been all about going into the periphery and destroying them, and then bringing about end times so the universe will be destroyed, creating a better universe with the dieties still in those crystals as the New Gods, because the Old Gods were kind of dicks and something something mimes.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • MacAnatomistMacAnatomist VicenzaRegistered User regular
    First of all, I want to say that I don't mean to be unrespectful in any way: my purpose is just to have some news about the mac release of the last DLC.
    Today the first screenshot of the 4th part comes out (so beautiful) but we mac users have no idea when we'll see the 2nd DLC (tBotE): no date, no news, nothing at all.
    Zero.
    In december I contacted Zeboyd and Tinkerhouse but I got a generic ETA for the first part of the year (for mobile device, so I HOPE iOS version means mac version, too).
    That's all.
    I'm really disappointed because I find this lack of news really frustating: someone sells a game also available for mac and then *BAM* he pratically ignores a (small) part of his customers.
    Surely, I'm going to buy the incoming 4th part (I want to support PA and Zeboyd for their works) but I am feeling really upset about this.
    Please, gimme some informations (and forgive my english, too, I am italian).

• RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Last I heard, the Mac DLC update was supposed to already have come out. Just sent an email asking for an update.

Also, I believe Rain-Slick 4 will only be available for PC & XBLIG. Would love to do as many platforms as possible but we're a tiny studio and have to focus on our strengths. PC & XBLIG are our two biggest platforms as far as sales and they're also the platforms that we have development experience on (for everything else, we need to outsource to another team which as you can see can cause issues with delays and such).

RainbowDespair on
    edited January 2013
    2 DLC for mac isn't out.
    I understand the market situation, I am just complaining the lack of information.

MacAnatomist on
    Zeboyd: "The DLC is on PC & XBLIG. I believe the DLC will come out on mobile & Mac later this month"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=46710512#post46710512

I cross my fingers.

• asdfffasdfff Registered User regular
    Thanks for bringing back the PC from Ep1-2, though it would have been nice if he talked, or something...apparently your house gets reuilt at some point between 2 and 3.

Also, does this mean he'll figure into 4's plot somehow?

11 days without a ETA.
    Just the bad news that PA4 WON'T BE FOR MAC.

• itatemykidneysitatemykidneys Oh well Registered User regular
    Wait, so PA4 won't be on Mac? Or PSN? I am much disappoint.

It sucks, and you're all stupid for liking it.
    Yes, Zeboyd announced it on twitter.

That explains everything--I don't have Twitter. So is that "yes, it will be on Mac/PSN" or "yes, you have it correct, it won't be on Mac/PSN?"

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    They announced that it will only be for PC and XBL

That's disappointing, especially since it's only one more game...
    But what if I slipped Zeboyd this twenty dollar bill?

Until today, no ETA for the 2 DLC for mac on steam.
    I wish I had bought it on applestore.