As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WOOP WOOP LOOT THREAD!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My Mother-In-Law always wastes a tiny bit of money buying me gifts. This year she got me a bottle of Axe body wash and a can of de-icer...I told my wife just tell her to get me a $5 Best Buy gift card next time or something if she feels she HAS to get me something.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I forgot: I also got a flask that has a skull and crossbones and the words FUCK OFF on it

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Want dat flask

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fJysbIAiebE

Sorry about the derpness of it all, I was having to try extra hard to hold it together.

• Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    That's just old people, man.

It's kind of accepted amongst my cousins that with grandma some years are just your year. Last year I got fifty dollars. This year I got a pullover sweater, likely better fitted for the frame of a small adolescent. This year was my year, but we all got a good chuckle out of it, so I'm happy as a clam.

My folks got me wallet and Swiss Card to replace the ones taken from me during my last mugging, my sister got me a copy of Princess Mononoke on DVD as retiring the VHS has been a long time coming, and Olivaw got me a nifty little travel clock and three paintings one would find in a home and garden store that I will cherish and intend to will to the most deserving of my heirs.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    How often do you get mugged that you qualify it with your 'last'

Is it that frequent?

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    My cousins and I once figured out my late Grandfather's system for Christmas. He had seven children, each married, and each with a minimum of two grandchildren to a max of six, some of those had great-grandchildren.
    -Each of his children got a present equal to around $50.
    --Each spouse got something worth $40.
    -His grandchildren got $25 in present form or a check.
    --Spouses of grandchildren got $20.

I have no idea how much great-grandchildren got since they were all out of town and the first local great-grandchild was only born after my grandfather died, my nephew.

He died a few years ago but in his honor every Christmas I write a check to myself for $25, cash it, then spend it on something like a Lego.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    Oh, it happens every couple of years or so

not fun, but the most they've ever gotten from me is a phone I bought for ten bucks, two dollars and some change

so fuck 'em.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sheri wrote: »
    The Geek wrote: »
    My dad got me a gift card to Michael's and my mom got me tea stuff

My parents get me

If you come to Seattle again, we should take you to visit our friend who makes and sells her own fancy tea blends.

OMG faaancy

How can I buy some from here

http://www.etsy.com/shop/fridaytea

I love the Audrey's, the orange spice, and the vanilla ceylon. She also has a new pomegranate black that I'm sipping right now and it's wonderful.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular

not fun, but the most they've ever gotten from me is a phone I bought for ten bucks, two dollars and some change

so fuck 'em.

Ok, what?

Where do you hang out? Walking around sketchy neighborhoods with dolla dolla bills hanging out of your pockets?

• Options
    animal companionanimal companion xenomortis Registered User regular
    I have this fantasy that my new tablet will inspire me to great heights of getting more work done

yep

this definitely will happen

VdxNI.jpg
  • Options
    FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    i'm spending like $1300 in rental costs and gas to drive a uhaul full of my furniture up to my house

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    oh my

how much of a trip is it?

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It didn't cost me much more than that to get a moving firm and also store my stuff for several months.

Of course, the downside is I had to deal with a moving firm. Worth at least a couple of hundo to skip that experience.

• Options
    DrZiplock wrote: »

so fuck 'em.

Ok, what?

Where do you hang out? Walking around sketchy neighborhoods with dolla dolla bills hanging out of your pockets?

Nah, I just walk around in a sandwich board with a big target on it.

• Options
    FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    oh my

how much of a trip is it?

650 miles

still cheaper than buying all of my furniture again, especially since a good half of what i own are some level of family heirloom, it just hurts to rip that particular bandaid

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    yKyR8.png

i’m not sure what they make. i’m not sure they know either.

• Options
    oh man this isn't the webcomics thread

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular

My parents get me

If you come to Seattle again, we should take you to visit our friend who makes and sells her own fancy tea blends.

OMG faaancy

I love the Audrey's, the orange spice, and the vanilla ceylon. She also has a new pomegranate black that I'm sipping right now and it's wonderful.

HMMMMM

Also re-reading my post it looks like I mis-typed "from her" but in fact I meant "from my location"

• Options
    -smash-smash Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    oh man this isn't the webcomics thread

I checked that one right before this one and got really confused for a minute there

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular

My parents get me

OMG faaancy

HMMMMM

Also re-reading my post it looks like I mis-typed "from her" but in fact I meant "from my location"

I understood it as "from here".

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular

My parents get me

OMG faaancy

HMMMMM

I understood it as "from here".

Oh good

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    something arrived in the mail today
    cgOao.png

best gift from best wife

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    @Godmode got called Hawkeye at work the other day. He was elated.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I have this fantasy that my new tablet will inspire me to great heights of getting more work done

yep

Do you have a job playing angry birds or browsing the forums while on the toilet?

• Options

yep

Do you have a job playing angry birds or browsing the forums while on the toilet?

I MAKE OVER $50/FL OZ OF CUM JERKING OFF ON MY HP TOUCHPAD

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT HOW

• Options
    Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    I keep on clicking, but nothing happens...

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Just clued in that you guys weren't talking about MASH.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I bought the Zone of the Enders HD Collection Special Edition today.

It's preeeeeetty

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    My family knows me well, I got a buncha cool Will Eisner graphic novels, and Lock and Key, which I've been wanting to read. Also I got a digital camera, and enough gift cards to get Super Mario Bros for the Wii U! YAHOO!

Hey Flay, hows the new Aesop Rock!??

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »

yep

I MAKE OVER $50/FL OZ OF CUM JERKING OFF ON MY HP TOUCHPAD

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT HOW

Not without some rubber gloves

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    I got some regifted movies, some old movies I don't really like, and socks

Woo! Motherhood has officially begun

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    I got my wife The Most Awesome Thing In The World

I wasn't lying
    WP_20121222_001.jpg

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    i got some rad clothes, a nice spider-man poster, a gorrillaz t-shirt, some money, some MS funbux... but then when i got home this was waiting for me
    1zy92mf.jpg

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    oh and i got far cry 3 and the first expansion to cards against humanity

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    oh, hi Loot Thread, I've been looking for you but couldn't find you!

this year I got some great loot

from my Secret Satan I got an N7 water bottle and N7 tank top that I'd been wanting for ages, as well as two of the deluxe trades of Y The Last Man (my *fave* BKV series)

from Blake's parents I got some random stuff but also a cookbook I really wanted (Jamie Oliver's 15 Minute Meals)

from Blake's sister I got a pair of SUPER PRETTY EARRINGS: http://www.swarovski.com/Web_US/en/1155542/product/Tinker_Bell_Wings_Pierced_Earrings.html

and from Blake himself I got the complete Lord of the Rings Extended Trilogy on Blu-Ray and a pair of ceramic bowls to match the ones I broke earlier this year *and* a FREAKIN' KINDLE PAPERWHITE

it has been such an excellent Christmas and I have the bestest boyfriend in the universe weeeeeeee

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    Stale wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    For those wondering what Neville and I are talking about, it's this.

I keep a copy of this on my tablet. I find it amazing as reference material.

You have it.
    I want to kill you... and take possession of your things.
    Well, just that. :3

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    Seriously? $500 for a cook book?

The fuck kind of shit is that??

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    I think the sodastream my ma got me is going to singlehandedly kill me

• Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Since my birthday is so close to Christmas, I'll just throw up what my most amazing fiance got me.

The Hobbit Special Edition Soundtrack. WOO!
    TheHobbitSPECIALSdtkCover90_zps70216df7.jpg

Also *swoon* The 10th Anniversary Dream Cast recording of Les Miserable IN CONCERT!! Oh god yes.
    51V2pD2XWOL_SL500_AA300__zpsdad5f434.jpg

And I went ahead and bought me a little something for my birthday. I've been needing a tool cabinet with deep drawers to keep my larger power tools. I saw it at Home Depot today and couldn't resist!
    2013-01-02_00-54-45_701-1_zpsd7528c84.jpg

It prompted me to re-arrange my garage/shop so I could start work on my ultimate gaming table. next month.

Cogliostro on