As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Secret World] Come play Pretty Princess Dress Up!

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    It is not a tab-target, stand there and bang out the same skill rotation every time type of game. You are *constantly* having to move, maintain environmental awareness and shift between melee and range, and adaptively modify your skill combinations.

I read this, yet basically every gameplay video I've seen is people just standing there trading blows with the enemy in what looks like the most boring combat system since WoW.
    Someone post me proper links to show me how good it really is.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Honestly, it's not as complex as all that.

However lots of enemies do have area attacks that are designated by white outlines on the ground that fills up like a meter before the attack goes of, and some of them cause damage pools on the floor, etc that reward movement in combat.

But loads of enemies are just "run up, hit skill rotation, collect loot"

Honestly a lot of the stuff Yokai has in his guides and such are, while still decent from a basic standpoint, pretty outdated in terms of what we know about the game now.

EDIT: This video shows some enemies with a decent range of attacks,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DxOAE3adgY

Maddoc on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Character.

And @Kay- I am trying a little different build atm. I changed Call Your Shots with Ferocity, and Cutting Thoughts with One in the Chamber. My current gear lets me crit rather regularly, so I think OitC > CT for me.

If you really want a Hit rate buffer, try Sharp Shooter.
    Call Your Shots gives a stack of Hit Rating whenever you hit. Sharp Shooter gives a stack of Hit Rating whenever I crit or penetrate. Why would I want Sharp Shooter over Call Your Shots?
    Kay wrote: »
    This is mainly because there's no Weaken On Burst passive
    There is, however, a weaken on chaos/some other weapons skill passive. (Or something of that nature)

Also, thanks for the link, it is a fairly awesome build. Let me beat The Wild Hunt solo.

Breakdown (Chaos) Weakens when you hit an Impaired target, Insult to Injury (Hammer) and Fear and Wonder (Pistol) Weakens when you Crit, Contradiction (Chaos) Weakens if I Evade an attack, 12 Gouge (Shotgun) Weakens when you Penetrate.

There's no easy way to get Weaken on that build, I'm afraid. Trust me, I spent ages looking. One of the Crit ones would be best, as that build gears for Crit anyhow with Empower, but has no way of boosting crits with a click power, or stacking critchance unless I start dipping deep into other sets. :( Glad it helped you through a tough patch, though!

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Kay wrote: »
    Character.

And @Kay- I am trying a little different build atm. I changed Call Your Shots with Ferocity, and Cutting Thoughts with One in the Chamber. My current gear lets me crit rather regularly, so I think OitC > CT for me.

If you really want a Hit rate buffer, try Sharp Shooter.
    Call Your Shots gives a stack of Hit Rating whenever you hit. Sharp Shooter gives a stack of Hit Rating whenever I crit or penetrate. Why would I want Sharp Shooter over Call Your Shots?

Because with any reasonable amount of crit and/or pen with burst attacks, you will fill it up quickly and keep it full anyway, and you won't lose your stacks upon glancing.

• Options
    As I said, the build is geared to crit, but it doesn't have any other crit snowball powers - it's mainly there for the HoT crits, which happen pretty steadily (if slowly) but it's more than enough to keep you healed. I'll try it, see if I notice a difference.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Keep in mind that each hit of a burst attack has its own chance to crit or penetrate.

That is why burst+passive procs is so potent.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    So I went to London to pick up some QL4 talismans a bit better suited for my swords. Basically lost about 200HP in return for 30-40block rating, 100heal rating and 30 extra Pen which seems a very worthwhile trade (heal ratings used on immortal spirit btw).

What you people didn't tell me was that there was a clothes vendor that wasn't the silly leather race car driver stuff:

2q3vukx.jpg

UGG BOOTS AND TURTLE NECK SWEATERS.

I'm sorry, I'm the lamest investigator. I'm also broke now.

• Options
    Yeah, the Burst-multi-proc-chance thing would help. I just don't see mad CRIT CRIT CRIT text all over the place there like I do when I bust out the Pistols/Elemental or Pistols/Blood and stack crit-snowball powers. Those builds just crit every goddamned hit once they get going, they're awesome.

Also ugh, boots. :D

I bought the red go-go boots once without checking the preview. BOY WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular

However lots of enemies do have area attacks that are designated by white outlines on the ground that fills up like a meter before the attack goes of, and some of them cause damage pools on the floor, etc that reward movement in combat.

Honestly a lot of the stuff Yokai has in his guides and such are, while still decent from a basic standpoint, pretty outdated in terms of what we know about the game now.

Thanks for posting that. It doesn't look as bad as other videos showed it, but it still doesn't really make me want to play it.
    I DO however fucking love those white attack outlines and boy do I wish Guild Wars 2 had those!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Klyka wrote: »

Thanks for posting that. It doesn't look as bad as other videos showed it, but it still doesn't really make me want to play it.
    I DO however fucking love those white attack outlines and boy do I wish Guild Wars 2 had those!

Just to weigh in on this quickly as someone who doesn't like mmo combat at all. The Secret Worlds is fine, alot of the time they chuck in gimmicks into fights or AOE spam to make monsters more interesting (ever tried to stab a chainsaw wielding zombie clown in the middle of a possessed ring of bumper cars knocking you both about? This game tottaly makes that a thing you can do). Add that to the fact that the behind the scenes bit of combat in deck building is really fun (see the Deck geek talk that's the OTHER half of the thread than pretty princess dress up) and that the world is very engaging and I can't really help but recomend people to at least try it. It's dirt cheap now anyway.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    The deck-building stuff is certainly more interesting than the combat, but the combat is... fine. Acceptable. Good enough.

For what it's worth, the guy in that video is either really bad or completely new to the game. Would you judge DMC's gameplay by someone's first attempt at it?

The only times that the combat really bores me is in dungeons where bosses have huge HP pools, and everyone is attacking and attacking and attacking... and we're never in danger of losing but they just have so much HP that the fight takes five or ten minutes... and of course if anyone stops paying attention for a few seconds they get instakilled, and it takes longer or we wipe and have to start over. But that's a pretty small part of the game.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    The deck-building stuff is certainly more interesting than the combat, but the combat is... fine. Acceptable. Good enough.

For what it's worth, the guy in that video is either really bad or completely new to the game. Would you judge DMC's gameplay by someone's first attempt at it?

The only times that the combat really bores me is in dungeons where bosses have huge HP pools, and everyone is attacking and attacking and attacking... and we're never in danger of losing but they just have so much HP that the fight takes five or ten minutes... and of course if anyone stops paying attention for a few seconds they get instakilled, and it takes longer or we wipe and have to start over. But that's a pretty small part of the game.

What I play this game for honestly, NPC's and lore. It's just so good.

• Options
    mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular
    Am pretty much the same as Moridin. Was hooked on the lore concept and setting when it first came out (couldn't really justify another sub at the time sadly), and the F2P move pretty much sealed it.

The fact that you can play Pretty Dress Up is a bonus though, and seriously, everyone needs to roll a Templar just to experience the majesty of humour that is Gladstone and the Stuart sisters.

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Yeah it's the combat that's really hurting the game. Or more specifically, the lame animations for most of the attacks. It really bothered me at first, but there are some decent ones hidden in there. Once I found some I liked it made combat more enjoyable, but it's really the low point of the game unfortunately. It's really a shame because everything else about the game has turned out to be so good. It's mostly the lore, and story that keeps me going. Combat is, on paper, quite interesting in the deck/skill set creation. I like that every character can learn everything so you never really need to make an alt, unless I guess you want to play as a different faction. It would be great if the game had another 5-6 weapons and another 10-15 decks on top of that. Even if there was some repeat in functionality, it's variety that is the spice of this MMO's life, imo.

Again though, the story and lore is so good, and right up my alley for what I love. It's practically Hellboy:the MMO (without Hellboy).

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Actually the devs have said their doing an overhaul of the animations, I think in the next update or two.

And for a fight with no standing around, try looking up the Hell Rising fight with the Machine Tyrant, or the Hell Eternal fight with Eblis, or even the Mayan Battle Mage from Darkness War. Or heck, any time anyone fights an ak'ab. Or aggros an ak'ab. Or is just in the general vacinity of an ak'ab. Fucking ak'ab.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Finally had a chance to put some hours in during the holiday, and I'm digging the hell out of it. Even with a lot of standard mechanics, it feels so fresh. I think I'm a sucker for the setting, mostly. I have SO many questions, though! Can any rec a comprehensive FAQ or newbie site?

I'm working my way around Kingsmouth now. Initially I just picked up blood and spent point in both healing and damage sides of it while selecting the "dps" version of quest rewards. It's really hard for me to tell if it's terrible or not, because I don't know how fast or easily a normal player is supposed to kill an even con or yellow mob in this game yet.

So am I supposed to have a weapon in addition to using blood magic? Seemed like in general chat everyone was espousing AR and/or using blood in conjunction with fist or even pistol. I'm still unsure of how this works. Doesn't seme like I have enough hotkeys on the primary bar to effectively use two weapons sets. I've got 4 attack skills from blood and 2 heal/barrier skills from blood [healing] right now, so I think I need to read up more on that.

I think I'm a little hooked, though. I keep getting good vibey flashbacks to AO, too, even if some of that is clunky engine nostalgia. =P

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Combat animations are lacking, which I had found a bit surprising since AoC's were great (though not much else was). Honestly, I didn't find the combat in this game all that different from GW2's in practice. Minus the deck building of TSW and the weapon swapping of GW2 I think both play rather similarly (though GW2 has amazing animation).

Like others have said, everything else in this game is just so good. Music, voice acting, the story, lore, the atmosphere, the NPCs (you WILL remember them long after you left the zone), deck building (you can have two people use the same weapons, but have very different builds), the dungeons, and the investigation missions are all fantastic.

I've said this before and I'll probably say it again, but if The Secret World had been $60 and singleplayer I'd probably still feel I got my money's worth and then some.

No game is without its faults, but I'd say that TSW is a damn fine step in the right direction to where I'd like to see MMOs go.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    The animations are pretty bland, but that wouldn't be so noticeable if the game was better optimized at higher graphics settings.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Finally had a chance to put some hours in during the holiday, and I'm digging the hell out of it. Even with a lot of standard mechanics, it feels so fresh. I think I'm a sucker for the setting, mostly. I have SO many questions, though! Can any rec a comprehensive FAQ or newbie site?

I'm working my way around Kingsmouth now. Initially I just picked up blood and spent point in both healing and damage sides of it while selecting the "dps" version of quest rewards. It's really hard for me to tell if it's terrible or not, because I don't know how fast or easily a normal player is supposed to kill an even con or yellow mob in this game yet.

So am I supposed to have a weapon in addition to using blood magic? Seemed like in general chat everyone was espousing AR and/or using blood in conjunction with fist or even pistol. I'm still unsure of how this works. Doesn't seme like I have enough hotkeys on the primary bar to effectively use two weapons sets. I've got 4 attack skills from blood and 2 heal/barrier skills from blood [healing] right now, so I think I need to read up more on that.

I think I'm a little hooked, though. I keep getting good vibey flashbacks to AO, too, even if some of that is clunky engine nostalgia. =P

All weapons have skills that are Builders and Consumers.

Builders, well, build weapon resources. Some Builders only build resources for that weapon type, however many will build resources for both of your equipped weapons. ie: The very first attack for Blood will build resources for both your equipped weapons.

Consumers are the skills that require X amount of a weapon resources to be used.

So, if you are using that Blood attack that builds resources for both weapons and you have an AR equipped you can use the AR's Consumer abilities without ever firing a shot from the AR to build up its resources.

Generally people will have two weapons. One Builder that gives resources for both weapons and then a few Consumers for both of those weapons.

Oh and in case it wasn't clear, each weapon has its own pool of resources it uses. So you can have 5 Blood resources and 5 AR resources at the same time, then you can use a big ass Consumer from the AR and immediately use a large Consumer from Blood.

edit- This here is a very nice newbie friendly guide. It is actually in the OP, but it does seem like it can be easily missed. I will have to rectify that.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Actually the devs have said their doing an overhaul of the animations, I think in the next update or two.

And for a fight with no standing around, try looking up the Hell Rising fight with the Machine Tyrant, or the Hell Eternal fight with Eblis, or even the Mayan Battle Mage from Darkness War. Or heck, any time anyone fights an ak'ab. Or aggros an ak'ab. Or is just in the general vacinity of an ak'ab. Fucking ak'ab.

Can you cite? I haven't heard anything about any combat animation redo.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Not at the moment, no, I can't bring up anything game related at work due to blocking (why Penny Arcade slips through continues to elude me, but I won't complain.)

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    Ok, so i just picked this up yestarday. I acutally joined the right server it seems on happenstance.

Regardless, loving the game, but have questions. First of all what is the penility of death, what do i get for running back to my body. Next the quest The End is Nigh is annoying me; I don't know how to drop it or complete it. Near as i can tell it wants me to go to egypt to a specific set of latitude and longitude...but i don't know how to do that. Also quest related, i don't know the combo to the pad under the rock outside the church, and i don't know how to go back and read the message to figure it out...8675309 doesn't work BTW (sorry if that songs stuck in your head now)...

And then theres my build, I guess i'm gonna build a ninja to start with and progress from there. I've started with blades and i was going to get all of that in one go before getting the elemental stuff, but after reading the OP here i'm thinking that may be wrong, thoughts?

Finally crafting, is there anything you can/should do with QL0 mats? And is there any kind of "item bank" to store items for later, ala diablo style.

P.S. Go Dragons! I'm gonna try to join the guild tonight when i get home.

• Options

If that's so, I'll be very very pleased. It's really the biggest noticeable drawback of an otherwise very good game.

Divorced from the animations, the combat itself isn't really all that bad. The choices in character building itself are pretty fun. It's a mobile game, in that you don't self-root to cast most things as far as I can tell. The feedback is decent in that the numbers pop up appropriately when the animation hits so that you know which ability is doing what damage (for an example of a game that this was hurt by: Warhammer online).

Yesterday though, I got to thinking: This game would have been really amazing if it was designed as a first person game. The atmosphere and set design would be that much better if this was the case. As it is, when I'm doing something atmospheric, I zoom the camera way in to better experience it.

• Options
    texasheat wrote: »
    Ok, so i just picked this up yestarday. I acutally joined the right server it seems on happenstance.

Regardless, loving the game, but have questions. First of all what is the penility of death, what do i get for running back to my body. Next the quest The End is Nigh is annoying me; I don't know how to drop it or complete it. Near as i can tell it wants me to go to egypt to a specific set of latitude and longitude...but i don't know how to do that. Also quest related, i don't know the combo to the pad under the rock outside the church, and i don't know how to go back and read the message to figure it out...8675309 doesn't work BTW (sorry if that songs stuck in your head now)...

And then theres my build, I guess i'm gonna build a ninja to start with and progress from there. I've started with blades and i was going to get all of that in one go before getting the elemental stuff, but after reading the OP here i'm thinking that may be wrong, thoughts?

Finally crafting, is there anything you can/should do with QL0 mats? And is there any kind of "item bank" to store items for later, ala diablo style.

I recommend completing the End is Nigh if I were you. Otherwise that stupid mayan zombie is going to constantly spawn on you and gank you until you complete it. However if you want to drop it, just accept another side quest when your current sidequest queue is full and it will ask you which one to drop. Once you get to egypt you basically just run forward out of the camp, drop down into the canyon where there's some big pipe, and move forward a few feet and there's a clickable on the ground.

• Options

@Arch needs to have this drawn to his attention. So he may inform you of the most effective way to wave your hands about like a zombie.

And yes, you want two weapons, pick whatever you feel like.

The reason you have enough slots to use both is because you don't need more than 2 consumers from each weapon max. My current bar is: Builder, Pistol Consumer, Sword Consumer, CD based sword elite, crit buff, block buff, charge attack for example.
    texasheat wrote: »

In no particular order:

A) Go Templar! Get your trashy organisation out of here!

B) Combining weapons is something you should do from the start. It'll cost like 5AP to set up an elemental consumer so that you are able to get the most out of your builders blows.

For an example Delicate strike on Sword builds resources for both weapons (as do all builders except the healing ones to my knowledge). So even if your entire bar is swords you're missing out on damage/utility by not having a second weapon equipped and a consumer for that weapon (for example shoot out from pistols is easy to grab).

C) The End is Nigh is because of the Fucking Mayans (yes, the fucking needs a caps) and will be gone soon, ignore it, be glad it doesn't take your main quest slot.

D) Regarding the key code the message tells you it's the first song to be sung in church. In case you don't go to church too often it's the number board by the altar. Also, if this had you stumped please do the Priests investigation missions (Kingsmouth Code and Digging Deeper) :3

E) Someone posted a crafting guide but for now a neat thing to consider is that 5 lower quality mats makes one better quality one, so hold onto all the mats you can (considering it costs peanuts to upgrade inventory this is all of them)

Regarding that, get the inventory sort mod as well, it's a god send.

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I have a bit of a tough time playing the combat in this after the highly mobile combat of GW2. It's not quite as bad as WoW's increasingly antiquated stand-in-place-and-trade-blows though (no way I could go back to that now). Also, as people have mentioned, the animations are very lacking which doesn't help with the "feel" of it. It is good to hear the devs want to address that though.

On the positive side, the deck building hits a lot of the right notes. I like how it limits you to just 7+7 skills and you have to make a synergistic and effective build out of it. Skill builds are one of my favorite parts of GW1/GW2 and this feels quite similar.

Also, the setting is pretty great of course.

Edit: I wish I could get a cabal invite though.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Wewt! Moar Dragons!

*ahem* I mean... Welcome, young butterfly. Your arrival has been foreseen.

There are a few Dragons that can invite you to The Six Mouths- if you don't get one by tonight, please let me know, and I'll send an invite when I get online.

So, on to your questions...

1. Death penalty: The only real penalty is that your equipped items get durability loss. And perhaps time, if you're trying to rush somewhere. But otherwise, death isn't such a hindrance as it is in other games (and in fact, the game actually encourages you to die willingly for certain events). It's also the fastest way to get around, once you've unlocked all the anima wells for a map. The term coined is "telemortation."

2. The End is Nigh: It's the end-of-days event, mission. I don't know if newbies can go to Egypt straight off the bat, but to get there you'd just have to go to Agartha (the bright area of trees and portals) and follow the middle path until you hit the right one. (When you zone into Agartha via capital city or your item, you pop in front of the three capital city portals. Go follow the middle path- the one guarded by two Custodians. IIRC, the portals should go Kingsmouth - Savage Coast - Blue Mountain - Scorched Desert (this is the one you want.) The game will tell you where to go via map indicator, and if you're careful you can do it without any issues.

Doing this will also open up an easy sidequest for you that's worth over 1 million XP.

3. Builds: You're better off using two weapons together, so split your points between your two weapons of choice. For example, start out with the weapon that uses a builder, then go into your second weapon and pick up its consumer. Then just go from there, picking up the more essential abilities of the deck. (If you need help figuring that out, let us know.)

4. Crafting: You have a bank. It's located in London. If you're referring to QL0 runes, you can definitely keep them. You can upgrade runes, in a ratio of 5(QL(n)) = 1(QL(n+1)). You do need higher-QL kits to make items of better quality. Also, if you ever find out you need lower-QL runes, you can break them down as well but you lose one in the process; i.e., 1(QL(n)) = 4(QL(n-1)).

• Options

Doing this will also open up an easy sidequest for you that's worth over 1 million XP.
    I feel we need to organise a trip to appease the Fucking Mayans tonight. Please?

• Options
    I'd be happy to help you guys get there. :) It's essentially go to Egypt < watch cutscene < back to London, pick up sidequest < farm Mayans < go back to London. Done.

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited January 2013

... oh realllly?

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    I'd be happy to help you guys get there. :) It's essentially go to Egypt < watch cutscene < back to London, pick up sidequest < farm Mayans < go back to London. Done.

Imma ward whore the fuck out of that. Temptation to spend the like 7AP to get the Chaos pull elite.

• Options
    It's not even necessary (the Chaos elite). Once I get positioned right I don't even have to move (unless someone walks up and screws over my spawns).

It's a quest to "acquire 5 Mayan K'in." Last I checked it was worth 1.6M XP.

• Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    Thanks for the quick info guys, that's going to be really help ful. A million xp huh...yea that'll be worth it. Ok, so i guess i'll put that million toward my elementalisms...

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    the path to hoodie ninjahood is long and difficult

really wish I'd finished that intro quest for mayan stuff but whatever

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

Hey @Straygatsby ! I love blood!

Okay, so first thing is this- you don't need to put SP in both lines for a weapon (I think, we keep going back and forth on this), but you DO need to invest SP into whatever weapons you like best and will use most often. If you are using blood, I would recommend putting your SP into the damage line, which buffs your damage whenever you bleed yourself (which you will do ALOT, and I THINK it also buffs healing as well!)

Blood/Fist, Blood/AR, and Blood/Pistol are all "healing" sets- that is, investing all your points into these combinations will get you damage abilities, but people are saying that because they work well together for a healer.

I would say this- the good thing about blood is that it has synergies to ALMOST all weapon types, so unless you really want to be a healer, pick whatever secondary weapon you want. I did most of the starting zone as Blood/Elemental, and switched to fists after I filled out both of the "inner rings" of blood.

I would recommend NOT doing this- I blew a lot of points filling in three entire rings. Pick two weapons you liked (You should have tried them all in the intro quest, if not quickly make a new character and try them all out).

Then, when you are setting up your abilities, you need to keep the following maxim in mind: UNLESS YOU ARE BUILD ABILITIES FOR HEALING IN A DUNGEON you want to have one builder ability that generates resources (which show up in the bottom left of your screen) for both equipped weapons. Generally all damaging builders do this, but tend to generate additional resources for their specific weapon type depending on certain things. Then, take two "consumers", one from each of your weapons. After these two requirements, go hog-wild and get whatever you want in your last 4 slots. I generally take a self-heal and some buff.

For dungeons, however, the game changes if you are a healer, because you now generally need TWO resource builders- one for each weapons, which is REALLY annoying.

If your skills are what I think they are, you have boiling blood, blood spike, exsanguinate (maybe?) infection, blood shield and angelic aegis.

You can drop either blood spike or exsanguinate, as they fill the same role (resource consumer). Grab another weapon and put some points in it to get a resource consumer for it as well.

Also, when you open your skills window (Default "N") look on the far left tab, under "decks". The starter decks are all not too bad, and they give you a guide to what skills to buy (and, bonus! once you buy all the skills for a deck, you get the outfit the guy in the picture is wearing! You also just get a special jacket when you finish an inner ring). Most of the starter blood decks aren't bad- I leveled up as Haruspex, and it works well.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Not at the moment, no, I can't bring up anything game related at work due to blocking (why Penny Arcade slips through continues to elude me, but I won't complain.)

I am pretty confident that the devs have not said they were redoing combat animations anytime soon, as that would be a huge, substantial effort. I'm not going to say I'm certain, but I'm 99.9% certain that this isn't the case.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    the path to hoodie ninjahood is long and difficult

enXHK.jpg

• Options
    Just curious, what sort of hit rating should I be at for Savage Coast? I'm sitting on 560 right now and it glances a fair deal

• Options
    Blood/Pistols might be primarily used as a healing set, however I run with a Pistols/Blood DPS that gets requests to link his build when we finish a dungeon, he's a fucking beast. You really can mix and match outside of the normal cookiecutter specs, if you know what you're doing. However, you can end up with sub-optimal builds, you jsut have to keep experimenting until you find what works right.

texasheat, welcome to Team Mean Green. You made the right choice, pay no attention to the Templars. They're stick-in-the-muds that smell like cat pee.

This discussion has been closed.