As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WOOP WOOP LOOT THREAD!

1141516171820»

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Cogliostro wrote: »
    Seriously? $500 for a cook book?

The fuck kind of shit is that??

Well, it's molecular gastronomy (or 'modernist cooking' if you want to be snooty about it). It's not exactly an everyday cookbook.

• Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    Sounds like hippy nonsense to me, I tell ya whut.

• Options
    Plus the $500 cookbook is an enormous 5-volume set.

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    actually, a lot of it isn't trippy modern gastro nonsense

it is just highly scientific gastro data and amazing photography

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I got a pair of SSDs and about seven hours of work and a new case for my busted ass computer, because my uncle is a really nice guy.And is giving me his second-hand parts.

My computer is still busted ass but instead of replacing it, it looks like all I'll have to do is buy a copy of Windows 8 and reinstall the OS. Which is exciting...

I got a bunch of other stuff, too, courtesy of everyone trying to get my grandmother to throw things away - a sewing machine and a blender and a sleeping bag and a lamp made from a WW1 artillery shell casing - but I don't have room to take them with me this trip.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular

you haven't even lived in TX for 2 years
    cut that out

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Sandra I want that lamp. That sounds amazing.

• Options
    TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
    so I got a Vita and Klipsch S4is. The combination is amazing.

Also, Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia for my office because I am the biggest Star Wars nerds in this state.

sig4.jpg
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    I got some beats! they're pretty fucking rad

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    neville wrote: »

cut that out

Three years this February.

Uh..

I tell ya whut.

(Did I do that right?)

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    My mum and dad arrived in Vancouver for a visit the other day and they brought me some gifts from my family!

- An Australian Region, multi voltage Bluray player so I can finally watch the giant book of movies I brought over with me

- A big box full of my Grandma's butter shortbread (which tastes so much like home it almost makes me cry)

- This potato masher
    31SFoYGmudL._SL500_SS500_.jpg
    (They said it looked like me)

- and this amazing thing which speaks for itself
    541838_10151374211395873_2025826081_n.jpg

They also got my girlfriend some really nice perfume (Jean Paul Gaultier Classique) and a really beautiful Australian Geographic day planner full of amazing photography of aussie animals and landscapes.

#pipe on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular

cut that out

Uh..

I tell ya whut.

(Did I do that right?)

Nah

That's a nice garage/workshop you got going on by the way. Shiny new toolbox. I'm jealous.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    edited January 2013

cut that out

Uh..

I tell ya whut.

(Did I do that right?)

Nah

That's a nice garage/workshop you got going on by the way. Shiny new toolbox. I'm jealous.

I've been looking for a hobby and it seemed to fit.

My next project is rather ambitious... an RPG table I have dubbed "Project Silmarillion". I'm hoping to get it finished by next month. Went looking at lumber today. I figure it will be around $350 w/ tax to build. I've got measurements and plans drawn up, just have to put it together :)

Cogliostro on
  • Options

cut that out

Uh..

I tell ya whut.

(Did I do that right?)

Nah

My next project is rather ambitious... an RPG table I have dubbed "Project Silmarillion". I'm hoping to get it finished by next month. Went looking at lumber today. I figure it will be around $350 w/ tax to build. I've got measurements and plans drawn up, just have to put it together :)

my beer pong table, lumber was about 250 - 300.

then another $100 or so getting to Shiner to go to the brewery to get the bottle caps

and then another $230 for epoxy, but that cost was picked up by somebody else

it's very nice, and i think i want to try to sell it to a bar/restaurant. the only thing i would change is the trim, and cut it to meet at a corner, rather than jammed in there in a pissed off rage because my roommates fucking suck

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    My family knows me well, I got a buncha cool Will Eisner graphic novels, and Lock and Key, which I've been wanting to read. Also I got a digital camera, and enough gift cards to get Super Mario Bros for the Wii U! YAHOO!

Hey Flay, hows the new Aesop Rock!??

Nearly missed this, but it's really damn good, my second-favourite album of 2012 (the first is 'Allelujah by Godspeed You! Black Emperor).

I got this shirt as a late Christmas present today:

bustedtees.b8c94da7-b68c-4523-96f9-c6ae9e4f2fea.jpg

Flay on
  • Options

cut that out

Uh..

I tell ya whut.

(Did I do that right?)

Nah

then another $100 or so getting to Shiner to go to the brewery to get the bottle caps

it's very nice, and i think i want to try to sell it to a bar/restaurant. the only thing i would change is the trim, and cut it to meet at a corner, rather than jammed in there in a pissed off rage because my roommates fucking suck

Yeah, I dropped about $180 for the lumber yesterday. The only thing I have to buy now is the drawer hardware - which is only another $55.

This one I may sell to a game store and use the money to build a second one that I'm already planning. This one will have shelves in the middle and on either end for the DM.

• Options
    I mostly got gift cards.
    I know some people would consider this to be a cop out, but it's due to me living in California and the family living in SC.
    Shipping things is a bitch.

Besides gift cards, I got some socks, a few cooking implements, and a few other misc things.
    Overall a good holiday, since I avoided unpleasant political discussions which ALWAYS end badly.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I love getting socks.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I love getting gift cards as long as they are to places I would actually shop.

Amazon gift cards all the way!

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Flay wrote: »
    Wasser I just saw that painting and was about to @ you

My family knows me well, I got a buncha cool Will Eisner graphic novels, and Lock and Key, which I've been wanting to read. Also I got a digital camera, and enough gift cards to get Super Mario Bros for the Wii U! YAHOO!

Hey Flay, hows the new Aesop Rock!??

Nearly missed this, but it's really damn good, my second-favourite album of 2012 (the first is 'Allelujah by Godspeed You! Black Emperor).

I got this shirt as a late Christmas present today:

bustedtees.b8c94da7-b68c-4523-96f9-c6ae9e4f2fea.jpg

oh my god I want that shirt

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular

cut that out

Uh..

I tell ya whut.

(Did I do that right?)

Nah

Yeah, I dropped about $180 for the lumber yesterday. The only thing I have to buy now is the drawer hardware - which is only another $55.

This one I may sell to a game store and use the money to build a second one that I'm already planning. This one will have shelves in the middle and on either end for the DM.

and proper supports

:rotate:

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Stale wrote: »

cut that out

Uh..

I tell ya whut.

(Did I do that right?)

Nah

and proper supports

:rotate:

Funny you say that... I decided to shorten the legs and support it with four smaller bookcases at each corner and one in the middle of the side player stations.

:D

• Options
    I love getting socks.

did you get the picture i sent you yesterday

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Yeh you squnt.

• Options
    hee hee
    GAELGA / GALAGA :3

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Gaeilge

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    I got a copy of The Hunger Games for Christmas, a book I'd never gotten around to reading. I really enjoyed it, to the point that I read the entire book in one sitting.

My friend Ais just gave me a copy of Catching Fire and Mockingjay. Ais is the best!

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    hee hee
    GAELGA / GALAGA :3

Nono, like this. GAY-el-geh! GAY-el-geh!

• Options

cut that out

Uh..

I tell ya whut.

(Did I do that right?)

Nah

I don't have my table pics online unfortunately cause I think it's real nice, but I could email or text them

• Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    If anyone got anything they don't REALLY want, and think someone else may be interested in...

...You may want to check out my signature and watch for the thread to pop up in a few days.

• Options
    FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    i forgot my toiletries at my dad's house when i went to visit for christmas

they're in the mail, but my retainer hasn't been worn in a good week now and i can feel my teeth shifting very slowly

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I realized I had a bass tuner

This bass is so filthy I love it

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Dirtiest Cow king

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I got the rest of my cookbooks/cooking related books yesterday.

The Flavor Bible looks AMAZING.

The Deluxe Food Lovers Companion is a damn good resource for most food-related information.

India: The Cookbook looks really cool. I've heard some complaints about some of the ratios being off but honestly I like Phaidon's stuff for the sheer comprehensiveness of the recipes. It is fairly dryly written though - but at least it says what region of India each dish is from.

Cooking For Geeks seems really cool, though I am an avowed non-fan of calling alternate techniques 'hacks' and other assorted 'geeky' terms for shit I know better by its culinary name. Still, there's a lot of good info in there.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I can play all the metal now

although I started with the basics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf47DQj_2Gg

or well Master of Puppets but eh

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Hey loot thread!

So my birthday was Thursday, and we went out with the family and what not to celebrate.

Got a fat stack of cash, and both Sherlock Holmes (RDJ) movies from my girl!

Christmas was insanely good to me this year (@Stale)

Total haul:

futon
    floor lamp
    tv stand
    Castle Ravenloft boardgame
    Avengers and Philosophy (about halfway through this)
    Dark Knight and Philosophy
    Firefly TV series on DVD
    D&D 4e Monster Manual 3 (and about two dozen odd new minis)
    laptop fan/lap pad
    Avengers on DVD (completing the Phase 1 collection)
    Dark Knight Rises on DVD (completing the trilogy)
    Transformers: Dark of the Moon (completing that collection)
    curtains and rod for my apartment (which replaced a flannel bed sheet folded in half strong up with hair ties)
    Slap-chop style vegetable chopper
    cheese grater/veggie slicer
    Braun Series 3 electric shaver with cleaning/charging base
    Blue Ray player with wireless connection (hellloooooo Netflix!)
    One year paid subscription to Netflix (woohoo!)
    HP Deskjet 1000 printer

Plus another fat stack of cash that I already burned through taking my girlfriend out to dinners and movies for christmas and new years and such because seriously without here I don't even know you guys. Seriously.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I had a holiday/birthday where I was just so amazingly awesomely blessed. I feel like a kid again.

Yay LOOT!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I love getting socks.

I'll sock you.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    One of the things that my lady got me is a very simple thing that almost made me cry.

A round silver keychain with the longitude and latitude of a point in the city of Lancaster, PA about two blocks from where I used to live. Apparently I talk about it enough that yea. It's one of the simplest sweetest things.

Oh and she got me this print too:
    35f3f48e6995f0f081ef688cb1172a66.jpg

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Man, the empire state with a mushroom cap is, uh, kinda phallic. I can't help shake the feeling DK is standing atop Princess Peach's industrial-size vibrator.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    Man, the empire state with a mushroom cap is, uh, kinda phallic. I can't help shake the feeling DK is standing atop Princess Peach's industrial-size vibrator.

At least six cartoon porn images just popped into existence with this post