As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect 3] Operation HEARTBREAKER. Feb 15th-17th. Ban(she)e's a maneater.

DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does StuffYou Know, There. Registered User regular
edited February 2013 in Games and Technology

cerberuslogo.png

unledpev.png
Mass Effect Wiki - Suicide Mission Guide (ME2) - Import Saves (ME1/2 PC & XBOX ONLY) -
Face Codes (ME2)

300pxme3logo.png
Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth. Available Everywhere NOW.

List of Origin/XBL/PSN names here! (Join here!)

Join the Steam group!

Xbox Metatag = PennyA ME3

ME3 Pre-Release Videos
Normandy Tour 2 - Normandy Tour - Hijacking an Atlas - Palaven Gameplay - Live Action Trailer - Mars Gameplay - Galaxy Map - CG Trailer - FemShep Trailer - Ruthless and Intelligent Enemies - Adrenaline-Pumping Gameplay - Integrated Storytelling - Customizable Arsenal - Voice Cast - Multiplayer Trailer - James Vega - Tuchanka Gameplay - Squad Leader Gameplay - E3 Trailer - Earth Demo - Sur'Kesh Demo - Reaper Base Demo - Kinect Demo

More Mass Effect

Games!
200pxmasseffectoriginal.jpg masseffectgalaxylogo.jpg
200pxfinalboxartme2.jpg

Comics!
180pxmasseffectredempti.jpg 180pxmasseffectevolutio.png 180pxmasseffectinvasion.jpg 73322203.png
200pxme2aria.png 43458948.png vegat.png

Books!
230pxmerevelation.jpg 190pxmeascension.jpg 190pxmeretributioncover.jpg 190pxmasseffectdeceptio.png

A motion picture! + An anime!

Community Sundries

@TychoCelchuuu has been kind enough to provide peeks at Commander Shepard's facebook page:
one |two| three | FOUR! | FIVE!!

@GoodKingJayIII provided the following way to skip much of the introduction for the PC version of ME2:
A lot of people don't like the opening 10 minute intro movie, but there is a way to get rid of it. Go to:

C:....mass effect 2\BioGameMovies

Change the extension of the following files to .bak:

Opening_End_Seq.bik

Opening_End_SeqFM.bik

Opening_Seq_INT.bik

ProCer_300_FirstFlight.bik

ME2_Opening_SunMid_INT.bak

ProNor_Pod2.bik

ProNorEscape.bik

ProNorEscapeAsh.bik

ProNorEscapeKaid.bik

ME2_Opening_SunMid_ESN.bik

ME_EAsig_720p_v2_raw.bak

BWLogo.bak

ProNor_Shepard_Rebuilt.bik

This will not get rid of everything, you still have to watch the non-CGI cutscenes and Save Joker. But it does cut down quite a bit. If you want those movies back just rename them to .bik again. If you're worried your renaming the wrong thing, you can download a BIK palyer and confirm the files.

3. For those who hate planet scanning and hacking, there is an easy ini file edit floating around. This is just a colaseced editor that you guys have already been playing with but this one seemed pretty idiot proof to me. This again needs an external program but is non-excutable.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yjjzlzzzmyj

This has all kinds of stuff like god mode, extra weapons, infinite ammo etc., but if you just want the money, just use it to get your resources, save, then exit the game and revert to the non-hacked state.

@korodullin has kindly offered some R&R with a wonderful game of bingo!

bingofinalv2.jpg

@Spoit has a far more simple variation:
me2bingo.jpg

@curly haired boy strikes back with awesome wallpapers taken from the ME2:
@Orca has kindly complied all of the shamelessly awful pictures posted in this thread.

@Orca explains how to transfer ME1 to Origin:
From the other thread, enter your info here: https://activate.ea.com/gameactivation.do

then create or link an existing EA classic account. Origin should figure out what's up without you doing anything more at that point.

*If buying ME somewhere other than Origin and it doesn't contain BDTS or PS, contact Origin CS and they can get it fixed for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG2mdZ23eP8
-Tal wrote: »

Massive. End. Spoilers. DO NOT CLICK. SERIOUSLY.

From @Yougottawanna a Brilliant dissection as to why the ending is so bad in Red Letter Media Style:
And a followup:
From @manwiththemachinegun SECRET TRUE ENDING HHEYYYYAAA!!!!!

True Last Boss!

Bioware Blog Where official announcements about pending Multiplayer weekend events are made.
MP Build Simulator
Mass Effect 3 MP Weapon Data
Mass Effect 3 MP Wave Composition Chart
For a list of your obtained equipment and their respective levels, check your Bioware Social account. Go to "My Games" and click Mass Effect 3 in the pop-up box and then choose Multiplayer Manifest.

Special thanks to @-Tal for putting together an awesome OP.
The OP has been stolen so many fucking times. We're gonna fill up the OP with credits. :D
OP Shamelessly stolen from @forar who stole it from @The Dude With Herpes who stole it from @jdarksun who stole it from @forar who stole it from @jdarksun who stole it from @-Tal
Taramoor wrote: »
The following was posted by a BioWare mod as an apology for the online pass issue, which they're working on.
tumblr_m28k0axzRD1rq5i6do1_500.jpg
830pxinterrupticons.png
And last, but certainly not least: The TRUE Hero of Mass Effect
u8BWP.gif

Dragkonias on

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Video games are all right.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Quads.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Kill all humans.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    Does the OP need the Mako gif? Is it too outdated?
    Fuck you. I'm the Mako.

mako.gif

One of the things I missed in ME3 was the vehicular combat from 1 and 2. In the mass effect universe, the goomba stomp is a very advanced and effective mobile weapons platform combat technique.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Well...we would need somewhere to put it.

The OP was already taken apart once because it was too big so I'm weary about adding too much stuff to it again.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Mass Effect: Too much awesome for one OP.

• DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    lets talk about the ending.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    It was an ending.

• BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    *exits room*

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I liked the ending. A lot.

• envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    All this talk of ARs in the previous thread makes me miss the ME2 collector rifle. It was an awesome adept weapon - no recoil, just powers, run and gun gun gun. Once I unlocked the ME3 collector AR I took one look at the weight and lamented the death of the awesomeness of my ME2 caster gun.

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I laughed when the krogan in Mass Effect: Paragon Lost said "quads."
    Because quads are funny, you see.
    They're like balls, but there are four of them.

Four balls you say?

That's about 2 times as many balls as I'm accustomed to.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Man, I miss the buffed Acolyte. This charging shit is for the birds.

I might have to go back to the Talon or Eagle.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I don't understand why people like the Valkyrie AR.

It seems like poop on a stick to me whenever I use it for anything other than close range engagements.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Four balls you say?

Thus in one post my entire image of Dragkonias was forever changed.

the Valkyire is probably a good weapon with more levels? idk. I'm all about the BEAM RIFLE if I'm using an AR.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    ...hehe...
    Orca wrote: »

I've actually gone back to using the Scorpion on some of my classes for Phantom staggering.

I forgot how much I liked the Scorpion.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

It seems like poop on a stick to me whenever I use it for anything other than close range engagements.

It's a very reliable, well rounded rifle. It doesn't really excel at anything, but it also doesn't have any glaring weaknesses. Very accurate three round burst, decent reload speed, decent recoil, decent power, decent clip size. It's honestly one of the best all around ARs. Balanced in almost every way.

Of course, none of that matters since the Harrier wins the game.

• ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular

This. This right here.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular

I've actually gone back to the Acolyte on every class I used it on when the charge was removed. I thought the need to charge would make it big difference when using it as a primary weapon but so far no problems. The only class that was hurt was the Brawler, but even then I find the Acolyte preferable to other options.

• HandfalconHandfalcon Registered User regular
    Um, poopsacks?

So in talking of the Falcon and ammo powers, what would the power to put on for the Demolisher? Incendiary to set up splosions from arc grenades, or disruptor to set off homing grenades fire evo? Or some other option?

steam_sig.png
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    New thread already! New DLC out yet? No? Aight, back to Dishonored
    Hopefully it'll come out sometime soon, January or early February

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Let's talk about endings some more.
    Mass Effect sure had a fantastic end sequence. Virmire to the Citadel to Ilos, then back to the Citadel, spacewalking up the elevator up to the council chamber. The music when Shepard rises from the wreckage gets me everytime.

• VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Four balls you say?

Do you think it's uncomfortable for Krogan to sit in chairs?

You know.

Because of the *tail*.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Man there is still a lot of weird cheating going on. Joined a Geth game on wave 2.

The Hunters were completely invisible until they fired.
    Bombers were always invisible. Apparently only the host could see them
    Primes had 2 turrets and a drone and their blasts could sometimes spawn grenades when they hit you
    Missile Geth fired 2 at a time
    No Pyros.

I assume the Krogan Vanguard was the host but no way to be sure.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
    Arteen wrote: »
    Let's talk about endings some more.
    Mass Effect sure had a fantastic end sequence. Virmire to the Citadel to Ilos, then back to the Citadel, spacewalking up the elevator up to the council chamber. The music when Shepard rises from the wreckage gets me everytime.

Couldn't agree more. One of my favorite end sequences in gaming ever.

steam_sig.png
    New thread already! New DLC out yet? No? Aight, back to Dishonored
    Hopefully it'll come out sometime soon, January or early February

Amen. We need new DLC post-haste. Or at least guaranteed URs.

Still waiting for this generation's Shadowbroker, yo.

Also considering an Adept run at some point.

With Flare I imagine it would be disgusting.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Honestly Leviathan added as much as Shadow Broker did, or more

It just didn't have the same emotional resonance

We need some serious squaddie-centric DLC. We've only had one, and it's still the best.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Played ME2 a bit tonight.

Omega's done, Garrus's section was bad ass, Modrin less so (but the guys fun).

Did Okeers section, got Grunt, haven't field tested the psycho yet.

Would Infiltrator, Modrin/Garrus + Grunt work? I haven't looked at Grunt's abilities at all.

Played ME2 a bit tonight.

Omega's done, Garrus's section was bad ass, Modrin less so (but the guys fun).

Did Okeers section, got Grunt, haven't field tested the psycho yet.

Would Infiltrator, Modrin/Garrus + Grunt work? I haven't looked at Grunt's abilities at all.

Try it, pretty much everything "works" in ME2. Don't worry too much about min-maxing, just go with a squad you want to bring along. Don't let abilities or synergy get in the way of fun, which is what ME2 is really good at. Besides, there's also cool dialogue from the different squadmates.

edited January 2013
    Yeah, there is no "wrong" set of squaddies in ME2. They can make your life more or less easy, but even on Insanity you can still bring anyone to the party you like. If you're having difficulty, just crank the difficulty down a little bit and enjoy the banter. If you're going for the insanity achievement, then you might need to worry about min-maxing if you're having problems--but when you get used to it, you'll be able to clear the whole game without squaddies anyway..

Orca on
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I'm playing on Veteran. Honestly my biggest problem is running out of ammo for guns that aren't the starter SMG. Because fuck that SMG.

Be aggressive. Often if you push past an invisible line on the ground, enemies will stop spawning in.

It also brings you that much closer to more ammo.

• BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    I'm playing on Veteran. Honestly my biggest problem is running out of ammo for guns that aren't the starter SMG. Because fuck that SMG.

What class did you settle on?

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Grunt has an ammo power that sets people on fire. So he has that going for him.

Gold...I forgot how annoying Gold is when you play with bad people.

"Yes, pub guy, it is a really good idea for you to run all the way across the map by yourself and get yourself killed."

"Yes, pub guy #2, you should do the same thing even though it just got that other guy killed."

• Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    I typically take Grunt on nearly every mission partly because he's my favorite, partly because 'RIGHT ON YOUR ASS" and "ON THE GROUND, NOW" never gets old to me.

I was always hard for me to not take Mordin. Love that guy.

steam_sig.png
  • EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    A thread sequel? But how will our previous choices affect the story of this one?