As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

pax east: trading / swap meet ...meet

sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
last year I attended a few diff meets and they were a blast, so i was wondering if any one wanted to meet up to swap... any thing, retro games, cards, legos , mini figs, home made geekery , hats, goggles, bit art, pins, so on and so on

so what does every one think?

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    There was a craft beer swap at the Westin that I apparently missed out on that I would like to go to this year.

• Options
    last year i did an international food swap that i had soo much fun at, met some great people and looking forward to that again

• Options
    <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    Ooh, we should do that again. Or at least, a regional snack swap. I'd love a chance to hand out Old Bay UTZ chips.

• Options
    vicechanvicechan Registered User regular
    Oh, the International Food Exchange will be on. :D If the thread does get created before then, I planned on starting it around January. Give us all some time to find stuff, put together a wishlist, and maybe post some wants.

Craft beer swap? That sounds interesting...

• Options
    CabadrinCabadrin Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I'd be down with a craft beer swap and a food swap - I have a lot of rarer stuff I'd love to share with fellow PAXers (Dogfish 120 min and World Wide Stout, Brooklyn Black Ops, aged Stone 08/08/08). Any excuse to get tanked with nerds!

e2TtnRd.png
  • Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    vicechan wrote: »
    Oh, the International Food Exchange will be on. :D If the thread does get created before then, I planned on starting it around January. Give us all some time to find stuff, put together a wishlist, and maybe post some wants.

The noms where indeed Epic.

I'm all about a swap meet though. Geek souvenirs are better when they have XP attached to it.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    I know that I have a bunch of incomplete trading card sets from the 90s that I'd be willing to shuffle around: Marvel, DC, Ninja Turtles, Gulf War.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I just started collecting the Lego minifigs, so maybe I would have a good amount of doubles by then. I have three different figure doubles. Might have some extra Ninja Turtles by then too to swap for some other good stuff.

I also get other blind box items here and there that I have some doubles of (Ninjatown, Street Fighter).

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    well i make alot of things for fun so my idea is to brings stuff i dont feel like selling and just swap them with other things people made or have. i have lots of odd thing like small zelda chests that play the you got something in a box music, musical snes and genesis controller belt buckles, the list goes on. we could also trade swag, but i would like the food and beer swapping to stay in their own threads/ meets UNLESS we would like to combine every thing

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Just one table where you bring anything and everything. Haha. That would be a site to see.

"I'll give you a beer and my PAX East 2010 trading card for two of your Lego minifigs!"

edit: Actually, that doesn't sound like a horrible idea. Maybe we could list what we are bringing for swapsies and just be like "meet at the TRADE ALL THINGS table." Of course, there could be issues like people not bringing what they are supposed to, etc etc. Just thinking out loud.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    yeah i dont want booze involved just because i intend trading to be all ages , although the food exchange had some Chinese booze really strong but only like one small bottle

also i have a few misc ds games, gameboy games, gameboys, sega controllers, model 3 genesiss, and just a ton of stuff, always looking for more gaming stuff

sillyzombie666 on
  • Options
    skipper307skipper307 ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Well I will be bringing my Magic the Gathering cards and I hope there will be more people that do likewise! If so, maybe we can get together a little friendly tournament? Just an idea. Can't wait for March!

PAX South 2016: Time off ( ) 3 Day Pass (X) BYOC Pass ( ) Hotel (X) Costume ( )
    PAX East 2013: Time off (X) 3 Day Pass (X) BYOC Pass (X) Hotel (X) Costume ( )

Alright. Off we go into the wild blue yonder!
  • Options
    Frugus wrote: »
    vicechan wrote: »

The noms where indeed Epic.

I'm all about a swap meet though. Geek souvenirs are better when they have XP attached to it.

o yes it was fun, i hope to see you again man and if the meet is on a friday again i will be there

• Options
    lutra_canadensislutra_canadensis Registered User regular
    skipper307 wrote: »
    Well I will be bringing my Magic the Gathering cards and I hope there will be more people that do likewise! If so, maybe we can get together a little friendly tournament? Just an idea. Can't wait for March!

I'm bringing my magic cards for sure, so you'll have at least one person to play!

• Options
    Tanner1495Tanner1495 Registered User new member
    The International Food Exchange sounds awesome, this is mine and my friend's first PAX and we are super excited to meet everyone and do some community activities!

• Options

I'm bringing my magic cards for sure, so you'll have at least one person to play!

Awesome dude! cant wait!

• Options
  • Options
    AboutLastNightAboutLastNight Whitney Registered User regular
    This sounds like a lot of fun. Where would it take place?

• Options
    This sounds like a lot of fun. Where would it take place?
    the food exchange is a different event but odds are this swap meet would be in about the same place food court at a random table

• Options
    Should we start a list of what people want vs. what people are bringing or want to bring?

• Options
    Should we start a list of what people want vs. what people are bringing or want to bring?

Like, a general list of things we would like to bring for trade? I'd be in for that just to see if anyone is up to swap thingamabobs of sorts.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I would try to stay away from "wants" and focus on what you have to bring.

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »

Sounds like a plan. I actually have a ton of Pokemon cards I've been trying to offload. First editions, holographics, original sets. I know they aren't popular anymore, but I can imagine there are still people who would be interested. In terms of food, I'll probably bring Rolos to start.

• Options
    Hyperion098Hyperion098 Registered User regular
    would any one be interested in trading some older ps3 xbox 360 games?

• Options
    was wondering when a mod would pop in lol, yeah i agree unless some one says i have this and looking for this / more of the same ...... unless thats a full forum rule then what i say doesn't matter

im interested in any thing gaming, i just got a pile of supplies so i think im mostly going to bring gameboy games/ sytems and things i've built to trade

• Options
    flubbedpythonflubbedpython Registered User regular
    I have a copy of Max Payne 3 sealed and Dungeon Siege 3 sealed.

• Options
    fynixfynix Registered User regular

Sounds like a plan. I actually have a ton of Pokemon cards I've been trying to offload. First editions, holographics, original sets. I know they aren't popular anymore, but I can imagine there are still people who would be interested. In terms of food, I'll probably bring Rolos to start.

I'm one of those people. Got a list of stuff? Feel free to PM to keep the thread on track. :)

• Options
    I kind of got back into Pokemon cards in the past year or so, but haven't really played (maybe a few times vs a friend). I still get packs from time to time because who doesn't like to collect? I already have billions of the old stuff (which I will gladly trade). If anyone is interested we could PM about what we have. I'm surprised there isn't some sort of card game forum meet-ups for trading and playing.

I have some extra Lego minifigs (Space Marine, Pirate, and, uhh, fancy Swordsman? I believe they are all from Series 7-8). I have others that I would part with too. Again, PM me.

I think I have an extra blue Blanka Kidrobot figure (with sticker card). I also have some Ninjatown figs too.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    CabadrinCabadrin Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I'll bring some stuff: a pile of Genesis games, some swag from last year's PAX, some shirts from work and whatnot.

e2TtnRd.png
  • Options
    i have pretty much all of the first 150 cards promos and all minus charizard if any one wants the entire collection, also i would love some sega games

• Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013

Awesome dude! cant wait!

Same here.

Just a side note, I noticed there were often some good trading / casual game opportunities at the Hotel Lobby of the Westin in the hours before PAX opens its doors. I know it sucks for people who are not at the Westin, but, just saying.

Also, not sure if it's inappropriate to ask, but seeing I stopped playing soon after Avacyn Restored was released, I would love anyone's trash cards from either Core 2013 or Ravnica. I will trade or compensate of course. Or maybe we need an MTG thread.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    i forgot to mention this, heres my etsy shop, any thing in the shop is up for trade www.etsy.com/shop/sillyzombie666 im also up for requests

• Options
    SchmulkiSchmulki Registered User regular
    I have a bunch of board games and probably some video games I'd be willing to trade, but honestly, I'm taking the train, so I'm not going to bring stuff up if I don't already know I have interest. I'll update later (if I remember) with the video games, but the board game list is:

Alien Frontiers
    Blokus
    Braggart
    Colossal Arena
    Dominion
    Dominion Black Market Promo
    Dominion: Cornucopia
    Dominion: Envoy Promo
    Dominion: Hinterlands
    Dominion: Stash Promo
    (would love to trade all the Dominion stuff in one shot)

Eminent Domain
    Eminent Domain: Bonus Planets
    (together as a set)

Factory Fun
    Get Nifty
    Glen More
    In a Pickle
    Kung Fu Fighting
    Puerto Rico
    Scattergories
    Thurn and Taxis (maybe, I'm on the fence about trading this one)
    Twister

I'll keep an eye on this thread or PM me if there's any interest, so I know what to bring.

• Options
    Frugus wrote: »

Awesome dude! cant wait!

Same here.

Just a side note, I noticed there were often some good trading / casual game opportunities at the Hotel Lobby of the Westin in the hours before PAX opens its doors. I know it sucks for people who are not at the Westin, but, just saying.

Also, not sure if it's inappropriate to ask, but seeing I stopped playing soon after Avacyn Restored was released, I would love anyone's trash cards from either Core 2013 or Ravnica. I will trade or compensate of course. Or maybe we need an MTG thread.

I dont have Ravnica because I didnt necessarily buy things from that set, but I have things from Gatecrash. I'll take a look at what extras I have.

• Options
    61Ranchero61Ranchero Registered User regular
    I'd be up for this. I've got a few older games for xbox and ps2, a MOGA controller and probably s bit of other stuff.

• Options
    yeah i have a few gameboys and games, a spare green gameboy pocket in great condition, an original gameboy with a few screen sratches, an in box gba sp blue front lite, a bunch of extra ds lites all broke and an original broke ds a pile of gba and gb games... i'm going to make a trade video on my youtube showing what i have

• Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    Cabadrin wrote: »
    I'll bring some stuff: a pile of Genesis games
    As a Genesis collector I look forward to this. now i have to find stuff to trade

• Options
    Cabadrin wrote: »
    I'll bring some stuff: a pile of Genesis games
    As a Genesis collector I look forward to this. now i have to find stuff to trade

as of now i have aladin for genesis, a model 3 genesis, a bunch of extra 3 button controllers and i think i have more

• Options
    ArcadiaExeterArcadiaExeter Boston MARegistered User regular
    so will a time and place be chosen later?

7US7VWW.png
  • Options
    so will a time and place be chosen later?

im kinda waiting to see offers made but i just haven't seen enough activity in here yet, i've seen people saying ill do it but not much substance.

also theres no pannel schedual out yet so usually people wait until that so i can pick a time with the least conflict, since i will be attending the food exchange, going to the mega 64 pannel and the power glove show(if those are on friday)