As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Deep Space [chat]

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    a lot of times i am the movers :(

I still don't see much of a difference between a used couch you buy or a couch you bought new but now has some wear and tear.

if you just don't like moving furniture and therefore want to sell it when you move that's another thing I guess. your loss margins might be lower on used stuff.

but then you gotta do the "checking craigslist everyday" thing.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the suggestion guys, we may just have to wait closer to the 85% deadline. I don't know how wise trying to play chicken with them is yet.

• Options
    post faster

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

I still don't see much of a difference between a used couch you buy or a couch you bought new but now has some wear and tear.

if you just don't like moving furniture and therefore want to sell it when you move that's another thing I guess. your loss margins might be lower on used stuff.

yeah

i move a lot though

3x while i lived in san diego, for example

we will probably move shortly within austin

• Options

yeah

i move a lot though

3x while i lived in san diego, for example

we will probably move shortly within austin

hire movers. if you can afford it, it is really nice.

if you are moving soon maybe wait on the furniture buying?

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion guys, we may just have to wait closer to the 85% deadline. I don't know how wise trying to play chicken with them is yet.

the good side is that if it's uber-bureaucratic hiring, HR will have much less leeway to cancel instead of just saying "sorry we can't give you a decision yet"

so just go ask

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I just had a conversation with an apparently functioning human being who was trying to claim the response to Katrina was great and the response to Sandy has been awful and therefore Obama should be "taking heat" at least as much as Bush did.

Other humans are turning me into a misanthrope.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    So I've talked about this recently but now we're to the point where it's going to really fuck us up so I'm asking about the feasibility/wording of asking a question that probably shouldn't be asked in a tactful society. My wife has a potential job offer, but she doesn't know for sure if they are going to offer her the job or not.

She had to register for school today. She has until..tomorrow for a 100% refund. The 14th for a 75% refund.

Is there any way at all to tactfully ask a potential future employer if they plan on extending you an offer because you are starting school and need to know something, or is there just no good way to do this?

weight the question so that the person answering it has their ass covered if they extend the offer on the spot, rather than cancelling the offer altogether

That, my friend, is the million dollar question. How do you weight a question that says "I'd rather work for you, but I'm going to school if you don't hire me, but school has a deadline and you haven't seen fit to let me know either way."

how big is the firm

subtly hint that someone else wants you employed

It's the US Government, so if you push them too hard they'll just higher a retired Air Force captain and tell you to stuff it.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    I just had a conversation with an apparently functioning human being who was trying to claim the response to Katrina was great and the response to Sandy has been awful and therefore Obama should be "taking heat" at least as much as Bush did.

Yes, let the hate pour in.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So uh

Why do tv producers still keep making super painfully awkwardly uncomfortable scenes in their shows. I have never met anybody who doesn't try to hide behind cover to not see them.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Oh man the new mech parts they are adding in border break look sick.

I wants them. I wants them all.

*eyes like saucers*

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    So uh

Why do tv producers still keep making super painfully awkwardly uncomfortable scenes in their shows. I have never met anybody who doesn't try to hide behind cover to not see them.

It's a whole genre of humor that some people seem to really like?

Not me though. Hate that shit.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    when had movers once when my wifes job moved us to tx

it was amazing

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Oh man the new mech parts they are adding in border break look sick.

I wants them. I wants them all.

*eyes like saucers*

your transition to an anime character is almost complete.

• Options
    So uh

Are they, though?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Yes, let the hate pour in.

I am in a Hate Jacuzzi right now.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    So uh

Its easy, cheap and gets good ratings.

• Options
    when had movers once when my wifes job moved us to tx

it was amazing

da best

why you moving again?

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2013

It's a question of who's sexy time was used to make that stain. Your own? Wonderful memento. Someone else's? Herpes virus just sittin' there. Staring at you. Asking you to watch Two and a Half Men.

moniker on
  • Options
    Then I will simply have to abstain from media forever.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Depends on which state you were in re: Katrina. Entirely different Regions handled 50% of that disaster. As far as Sandy, there are more people deployed for Sandy than the initial ramp up of Katrina. The housing mission in a highly urban area is a lot fucking harder to deal with though. You know what Louisiana and Mississippi has? Tons of open fucking land for travel trailers. You know what NJ and NY doesn't have? 3 guesses!

• Options
    So uh

Are they, though?

Everyone who liked this movie.

• Options
    The Other Guys is one of those movies that I have heard people defend vehemently while others trash it with abandon

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I've been in a chat with a cable technician customer care representative for like 2 hours now.
    None of your hatreds compare to mine.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

Depends on which state you were in re: Katrina. Entirely different Regions handled 50% of that disaster. As far as Sandy, there are more people deployed for Sandy than the initial ramp up of Katrina. The housing mission in a highly urban area is a lot fucking harder to deal with though. You know what Louisiana and Mississippi has? Tons of open fucking land for travel trailers. You know what NJ and NY doesn't have? 3 guesses!

A shoreline?

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Played in my first MTG Draft in over 4 years. Went 1-3 but I had fun, got a card that paid for the whole thing and traded for a card I needed.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    @jameskeenan

Whatever happened with that server issue you needed help with?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    moniker wrote: »

A shoreline?

Let me know when your nose starts bleeding please

• Options
    The Other Guys is one of those movies that I have heard people defend vehemently while others trash it with abandon

There are multiple scenes where Will Ferrell emotionally and verbally abuses the living shit out of his wife while Marky Mark stands there slightly dumbfounded and the wife acts like it's normal.

It's "funny" because it is so uncomfortable.

And by "funny" I mean people who write that shit deserve to be homeless.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Played in my first MTG Draft in over 4 years. Went 1-3 but I had fun, got a card that paid for the whole thing and traded for a card I needed.

Nice.

What kind of deck did you draft?

What money card did you pull?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options

I mean, I understand there are nuances to the respective responses, but Katrina is universally accepted as the blueprint for how to fuck up disaster response, and Sandy, barring the thoroughly Republican-created issue of funds distribution, has been generally considered a good response to a disaster, and it is due to more factors than "Bush bad, Obama is messiah".

• Options
    Ohshi

it is the sandman

sleep

:/

• Options

I mean, I understand there are nuances to the respective responses, but Katrina is universally accepted as the blueprint for how to fuck up disaster response, and Sandy, barring the thoroughly Republican-created issue of funds distribution, has been generally considered a good response to a disaster, and it is due to more factors than "Bush bad, Obama is messiah".

I was gonna say almost exactly this but then I was like "eh, he already knows"

• Options
    edited January 2013
    god that smiley is so wrong for the job, it should be fired

Honk on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

pretending to not pay attention

holding newspaper in front of myself and rustling it

listening intently

• Options

No, the Louisiana Response, specifically New Orleans may be that, but don't you put that voodoo on the rest of the disaster ricky bobby

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    god that smiley is so wrong for the job, it should be fired

:o also needs to clear out its desk

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @jacobkosh

Hey, I rolled a guy on Arcadia. Nickname Jerian.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    you Secret Worlders are making me want to get the game and make a character called Twenny Furst...

it would be an awful pun.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    a pair of terriers named barack and george would be good

BARACK

STOP FIGHTING WITH GEORGE

george stop pooping on the... goddamnit

obF2Wuw.png
This discussion has been closed.