As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Deep Space [chat]

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I thought the last post he got infracted on was something like "Squatters should be put to death because if that happened to me I'd feel so violated."

He also made a comment about trespassers deserving prison rape.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    And some of one of the best episodes of DS9. There is a bit in the op but this has some Garak. Spoilered since I know some folks are watching it for the first time.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    huh i guess I will probably be moving in may or june!

where to

not sure yet but somewhere in NYC with my boyfriend

my parents might be picking a pretty sweet place that we would rent from them but if that falls through we'll probably go to astoria brooklyn or cheaper bits of manhattan

ooh do the parents thing, that's the best

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Ok excellent, TSW client acquired

• Options
    haha, Ducks score on the first play

12 seconds!

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

where to

my parents might be picking a pretty sweet place that we would rent from them but if that falls through we'll probably go to astoria brooklyn or cheaper bits of manhattan

oh believe me we'll be taking that if it works out

it's a pretty fucking sweet place

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I thought the last post he got infracted on was something like "Squatters should be put to death because if that happened to me I'd feel so violated."

He also made a comment about trespassers deserving prison rape.

That was it, it was prison rape not the death penalty.

And something about how he'd have to completely replace all his linens.

As if the notion that people who suffer a break-in feel unsafe, and violated is some great revelation.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Played in my first MTG Draft in over 4 years. Went 1-3 but I had fun, got a card that paid for the whole thing and traded for a card I needed.

Nice.

What kind of deck did you draft?

What money card did you pull?

Went with RGB Golgari/Rakdos. NOBODY went Selesnya because there was a centaur healer floating around at 13th pick.

The card I picked up was Hallowed Fountain.

Sweet. Golgari/Rakdos can be a potent combo.

Yeah, I just didn't get enough because everyone else went Rakdos. What are you gonna do when you open first pack Dreadbore though?

I am still floored that Centaur Healer basically went undrafted.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular

12 seconds!

Knuckle puck time!

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

where to

that would be the best

i wish my parents had a reason or money to own a place in manhattan but they have 0 reason

poo
  • Options
    its cold out

work sux

poo
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Played in my first MTG Draft in over 4 years. Went 1-3 but I had fun, got a card that paid for the whole thing and traded for a card I needed.

Nice.

What kind of deck did you draft?

What money card did you pull?

Went with RGB Golgari/Rakdos. NOBODY went Selesnya because there was a centaur healer floating around at 13th pick.

The card I picked up was Hallowed Fountain.

Sweet. Golgari/Rakdos can be a potent combo.

Yeah, I just didn't get enough because everyone else went Rakdos. What are you gonna do when you open first pack Dreadbore though?

I am still floored that Centaur Healer basically went undrafted.

Yeah, that's an odd card to circle around.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    its cold outside

maybe just a half a drink more?

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    a pair of terriers named barack and george would be good

BARACK

STOP FIGHTING WITH GEORGE

george stop pooping on the... goddamnit

naturecover.JPG

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    yeah it would be pretty amazing

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    its cold outside

maybe just a half a drink more?

most date rapey christmas song ever

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

12 seconds!

Knuckle puck time!

Nooo [chat] isn't supposed to make me feel sad about the lockout, that's what the nhl thread is for!

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    the double quoting thing is really starting to annoy me

• Options
    this cold is so awful

it's not a civilized way to live

hunched over, stuffing layers upon layers of clothes under my ridiculous coat

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

12 seconds!

Knuckle puck time!

Nooo [chat] isn't supposed to make me feel sad about the lockout, that's what the nhl thread is for!

kevin smith is making a hockey miniseries called Hit Somebody. Feel better.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Gotta click on the word quote sig, not the actual quotation marks

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Is this thread coincidental or did @Cambiata know that today is the 20th anniversary of DS9?

Jesus christ I am old

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    this cold is so awful

As a proud inuit I am deeply offended by this.

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

12 seconds!

Knuckle puck time!

I have a feel

It is not better.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Is this thread coincidental or did @Cambiata know that today is the 20th anniversary of DS9?

Jesus christ I am old

DID YOU TAKE YOUR MEDICINE

JUST MAKING SURE YOU TOOK YOUR MEDICINE BECAUSE IT'S DINNER TIME

DO YOU NEED TO POO POO

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

psh

I'm an American. I have rights.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    ok i finished playing spec ops the line

i liked it and thought it's gameplay (certainly the pacing) was pretty good.

definitely my "dude with a hole in the back of his head and gives no fucks simulator" of the year for 2012

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

It's an awesome coincindence, I had no idea.

Now it is twice as necessary for everyone to watch DS9.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »

12 seconds!

Knuckle puck time!

I have a feel

It is not better.

Your mom

• Options
    this cold is so awful

you a babby

or you need a better coat

poo
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    apparently that Nature ad was a total accident and wasn't even sent to all Nature subscribers; it only turned up in the US one

it even got the tie right though...

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

That's not how it works.

If you click the link in the same window, it works.

If you right-click and have it open in a new window or new tab, you get double quotes.

If your browser automatically opens new links in a new window or tab, you get double quotes.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

It was a pretty instructive post actually. The reason we have such draconian prison sentences is this misguided notion that if you are the victim of a criminal act the response of the government should be to punish the offender to the extent that you, the victim, feel injured, rather than the extent of damage to society and future threat to society by the criminal.

Couple that with our cultural selfishness and belief in our own essential awesomeness and you wind up with everyone feeling that they are of incredible value and importance and therefore any offense against them is worthy of the harshest punishments society can mete out.

Now, the prison/law enforcement/political/corporate oligarchy is certainly the one passing the crazy laws and handing out the insane prison sentences, but they are doing it at the behest of regular old people.

Fortunately that will be more prone to change thanks to the massive dropoff in crime over the last couple decades, even with more stupid things being made illegal, or more harshly illegal.

blog_incarceration_rate.jpg

Given every other trend in most of society the future is going to be pretty kickass, aside from Climate Change. And even then, I live in the middle of the country next to the largest supply of freshwater on Earth and the breadbasket of the world. Sucks for the Maldives, though.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Man, you're really angry that people might have a differently designed bathroom than you and have grown accustomed to it.

OKAY I HAVE A BATHROOM LAYOUT PET PEEVE

split bathrooms where the toilet is in one room and the sink in another

Because then I have to touch doorknobs before I wash my hands! That is not hygenic!

My apartment senior year of college was like this. We had the toilet and the tub in one room and then the sink in an alcove by the hallway.

Sort of like this:

[_]
    [_]

I started keeping handsoap on the tub.

ALTERNATE POST

Maybe you should stop being such a stuck up little gumbucket, @Feral.

AManFromEarth on
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »

Jesus christ I am old

DID YOU TAKE YOUR MEDICINE

JUST MAKING SURE YOU TOOK YOUR MEDICINE BECAUSE IT'S DINNER TIME

DO YOU NEED TO POO POO

I did take it!

Also I often have to leave bed and pee!

Both statements true!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options

i don't have a problem, other people keep posting posts with double quote tags for some reason

• Options

That's not how it works.

If you click the link in the same window, it works.

If you right-click and have it open in a new window or new tab, you get double quotes.

If your browser automatically opens new links in a new window or tab, you get double quotes.

Whenever I click on the quotation marks it automatically brings me to a new page and if I click the word quote it doesn't, could just be a firefox quirk though.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ]Maybe you should stop being such a stuck up little gumbucket, @Feral.

I'm a little bit of a princess when it comes to bathroom hygiene.

When the apocalypse comes, I'm breaking into Walmart and I am stockpiling ammunition, cigarettes, antibiotics, and baby wipes.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Oh lord.

Customer has no internet. Ethernet light on the modem is not lit, so no connection to local network. The DSL modem has three receptacles in it: One for power, one for the phone cord, one for an ethernet cord.

I ask her how many cords are plugged in to the modem. She says two (2). A black power cord, a grey phone cord and another yellow cord. I ask her again how many cables are plugged in. She confirms there are two. I ask her to describe them. A black power cord, a grey phone cord and a yellow cord.

So there are two cords plugged in?

Yes.

O_o

• Options
    haha I don't see quotation marks cause I am running a skin because I hate the regular forum colors

This discussion has been closed.