As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] The most realistic MOBA out there.

• Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Nunu is incredibly annoying to play as support in pubs as you are very reliant on having an AD who plays well. With someone who utilises his aspd/mspd buff correctly he is amazing, but if they don't it's really boring.

unless your playing a can-carry support this is true for most mainline supports. Taric depends on your adc following your burst dives, nunu depends on adc positioning and skill and cs'ing, leona relies on proc'ing all the sunshine. If you're looking for "oh shit my carry sucks" champs, try kayle, lulu. or zyra for support.

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Joe K wrote: »
    Nunu is incredibly annoying to play as support in pubs as you are very reliant on having an AD who plays well. With someone who utilises his aspd/mspd buff correctly he is amazing, but if they don't it's really boring.

unless your playing a can-carry support this is true for most mainline supports. Taric depends on your adc following your burst dives, nunu depends on adc positioning and skill and cs'ing, leona relies on proc'ing all the sunshine. If you're looking for "oh shit my carry sucks" champs, try kayle, lulu. or zyra for support.

The others can do stuff together with the rest of the team though. Bloodboil really is a "makes the adc carry harder" spell, and if your ADC isn't carrying, it's not very good. And Leona/taric at least show the pub that "I AM MAKING SURE THIS GUY STANDS STILL, YOU CAN BLOW HIM UP NOW PLEASE". Nunu literally does nothing apart from his little iceball, which won't hit hard as you level bloodboil first. It is literally all up to the carry to do all the heavy lifting without any prompt from you.

• MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    Yea Nami was pretty passive yesterday and even in team fights I would stun/shatter/ult and our lee sin/yi would do nothing half the time.

That makes sense and probably why i do well with Lulu/sona.

Kayle looks pretty fun, think I have her unlocked from a pack already.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek

The others can do stuff together with the rest of the team though. Bloodboil really is a "makes the adc carry harder" spell, and if your ADC isn't carrying, it's not very good. And Leona/taric at least show the pub that "I AM MAKING SURE THIS GUY STANDS STILL, YOU CAN BLOW HIM UP NOW PLEASE". Nunu literally does nothing apart from his little iceball, which won't hit hard as you level bloodboil first. It is literally all up to the carry to do all the heavy lifting without any prompt from you.

I've got to say that Blitz, Taric and Leona are the most obvious "SHOOT THIS MAN NOW" supports. If your adc can't follow the simple rule of "follow the support killing someone" with the visual cues of solar flare, rocket fist, or a man mode combo, i don't know what will.

and i had an ashe last night that couldn't follow the dotted line to target.

• Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Normal match making is just silly sometimes. Just had a game where our AP mid and ADC each had about 200 wins. The enemy team had no player with less than 1200 wins. Of course those two will get crushed in lane, what the hell.

Edit: That game was I jax vs GP. He went bankplank and by the end of the game we were even in kills, but I had 70 more CS than him. He had 1.3k more gold than I did. We were even on towers and dragons. Dammit.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Madpanda wrote: »
    Tried Taric out last night. Seems pretty solid but I had a bad team comp, which usually isn't that bad in non 30's but we had -

Taric/nami(who said she was going to go top) bot
    YI mid (did fine)
    Lee Sinn/Ariva (who dc'd at level 5) top.

We managed to last until 40 mins but the other team stopped pushing, minions took most of the towers down. I tried surrendering at 25m but they thought we had a chance cause we got a few kills, this seems to be a common theme.

Wasn't really sure how to build Taric so I went ward stone -> philo stone cause we were doing bad in lane -> boots -> spirit visage -> Aegis -> we lost by this point.

Will give nunu a try tonight, i've lost the last 5 games.

Building supports is something you're going to get a lot of talk about here but the standard build on support is as follows:

Support Build:
    Start: Faeri Charm, Wards and Health pots

Build that Faerie Charm charm into a philosopher' stone asap, to get that gold rolling.

After that get your boots. Then get a Sightstone.
    At this point you're left with 2 options. Builds towards a Aegis. OR if someone else on your team is building the aegis. Then you need to build towards another utility item. On taric I pretty much always take the Shurelya's for the movement speed for getting away or chasing.

all the while during this time you want to be warding.

After that Initial build, You build depending on who you're going up against. You can build health/armor or magic resist.

Depending on who you're facing.

Heavy AD:

Randuins

Frozen Heart

Heavy AP

Negatron Cloak on its own is great.

Twin Shadows on too and fun.

Heavy True Damage

Locket great item I wish i could build it more.

Zeke's great if you have a heavy AD team.

THE MANLY TARIC BUILD.
    Manly Taric involves building all AP items like Deathcap, DFG and The Pimp Cup. Then doing the old Razzle Dazzle (DFG + R + W combo to kill people)

Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    Renewable mana/hp pot + 3 wards is my typical support start, i then save for sightstone first back then work on philo/boots. To aegis or w/e

camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    All supports should be building Sunfire Cape to be part of team Sunfire Bros.

I've started going health regen thing (for making emblem of valor/aegis eventually) 2 wards, 1 pink ward, 2 pots as a start for Leona. for nami I run bottle+2 wards/pink ward, and others faerie charm, 2 wards, pink, 2 pots.

Not sure which one I prefer. I have discovered that phillo is hardly needed any more unless you are rushing shurelias, getting sightstone first is actually better.

• RedThornRedThorn Registered User regular
    Yeah, Sightstone before Philo saves you a bit of money in the long run because it takes like 5 minutes for the Philo to pay for the 2 wards you need to buy without a Sightstone.

League of Legends: Drokmir
    Steam: Drokmir
    edited January 2013
    RedThorn wrote: »
    Yeah, Sightstone before Philo saves you a bit of money in the long run because it takes like 5 minutes for the Philo to pay for the 2 wards you need to buy without a Sightstone.

Sight Stone: 700g - for 4 wards only 2 down at a time.

Sight stone requires you to place 9 (9.33 recurring but I am rounding down), before it pays for itself. That requires you to go back 3 times before you're able to make it worth its gold. Considering you let 2 of them go their max duration of 3 min means that before the sight stone pays for itself it takes 15 min to pay itself back.

Philo stone and wards and getting a sightstone later allows you to have more staying power which is arguably more important in lane. health and mana regen and gp/5. is a good combo to be able to pick up at 5:20ish into the game

To me the Sightstone is an item you should be buying a little later because its meant to be slot efficient by giving you wards and also giving you health.

Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
    The health on sightstone is generally better than the health regen on phillo, especially as I play kinda allinnish supports most of the time.

edited January 2013
    The health on sightstone is generally better than the health regen on phillo, especially as I play kinda allinnish supports most of the time.

It depends. Honestly if it works for you, it works for you. I prefer specifically on Taric taking the mana regen, for sustain in lane even though his heal is meh its still a heal and it allows me to force lane engagements not all ins more often.

What I am saying is that saying getting a sight stone first over a philo saves you money in the long run is not an accurate assessment.

Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I hate buying wards all the time, feels like I'm wasting gold, so I have been playing pretty much every game as support with Flask first, Sightstone first back. I hardly ever buy GP10 anymore.

i find myself rarely building a philo anymore, even for shurelya's. Now, a Mana Manip and Kage's Lucky pick, sure, goes great with a flask and ruby sightstone.

Aegis->Bulwark are really really core support items. I do find myself building an early emblem of valor (yay aura items), just in case I need to force the whole "btw we're supposed to be taking towers" thing and turn it into a banner. The Ghost hunting item is cool, the slow around your target is lackluster at best.

If you have an self-healing effects at all, you need to buy an SV.

Miniwolf wrote: »

Sight stone requires you to place 9 (9.33 recurring but I am rounding down), before it pays for itself. That requires you to go back 3 times before you're able to make it worth its gold. Considering you let 2 of them go their max duration of 3 min means that before the sight stone pays for itself it takes 15 min to pay itself back.

That isn't all that relevant to the order you buy them in though. If you're going to buy both and don't have a compelling reason to want the health regen, it's objectively more gold efficient to buy the Sightstone first over buying Philo and wards.

thing with ward stone is that i'm starting to really consider it on my jungler. which then means that i need to buy pinks in another slot.

i don't see the point of an oracles anymore, unless you really want to be positive that an objective is clear. Pinks at the right spot are more gooder i find, so at least as support i end up witha ruby sight stone and a handful of pinks at all times.

actually, this is the biggest change about s3 so far. you were supposed to play like everything was warded before, now, if you don't play like everything is warded and the entire team isn't in that bush you are about to facecheck, you are very very dead.

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    I hate buying wards all the time, feels like I'm wasting gold, so I have been playing pretty much every game as support with Flask first, Sightstone first back. I hardly ever buy GP10 anymore.

Once you get off the GP/10s you'll move on to kill supports. Then you'll rush Frozen Fist/Sunfire Cape and graduate the big leagues of TOTAL CARRY SUPPORT!

TCS combines the cold fisting power of FF with the hot burning sensation of SF to create an Icy Hot combo that is sure to melt your opponents, and freeze their ashes.

*DISCLAIMER* Only recommend for lifters.

edited January 2013
    thing with ward stone is that i'm starting to really consider it on my jungler. which then means that i need to buy pinks in another slot.

i don't see the point of an oracles anymore, unless you really want to be positive that an objective is clear. Pinks at the right spot are more gooder i find, so at least as support i end up witha ruby sight stone and a handful of pinks at all times.

actually, this is the biggest change about s3 so far. you were supposed to play like everything was warded before, now, if you don't play like everything is warded and the entire team isn't in that bush you are about to facecheck, you are very very dead.

Oracles is still useful for instances where you would have to drop multiple pinks to clear out the wards around an objective or something.

EDIT: Also dicking over stealth champions.

RedThorn on
    Roz wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »

Once you get off the GP/10s you'll move on to kill supports. Then you'll rush Frozen Fist/Sunfire Cape and graduate the big leagues of TOTAL CARRY SUPPORT!

TCS combines the cold fisting power of FF with the hot burning sensation of SF to create an Icy Hot combo that is sure to melt your opponents, and freeze their ashes.

*DISCLAIMER* Only recommend for lifters.

I've been running Leona out of the Jungle and rushing a FF on her.

Because she needs more slows and AOE. I guess that a sunfire would make it even funnier. Have to try that!

(Aegis for MR? Leona can't really use a SV properly)

How the hell do you jungle Leona without having the other guy invade and murder your shit constantly.

That isn't all that relevant to the order you buy them in though. If you're going to buy both and don't have a compelling reason to want the health regen, it's objectively more gold efficient to buy the Sightstone first over buying Philo and wards.

You where talking about gold efficiency. you brought it up. I just pointed out that it didnt seem to add up. Sometimes I am wrong, sometimes other people are wrong. But arguing that its not relevant to the discussion when you brought it up seems silly. :P

I am always one to say 'whatever works for you'. If thats what works for you, thats what works for you.

I find warding the entire map and holding off on a sight stone for 3-4 min whilst having extra mana regen in lane to be a better tatic then getting an early extra 100 health on an item that takes 15min to pay its self back. Thats just how I play.

Other people are welcome to play however they want. Hell I could be wrong starting flask might be better then I play with certain players. Builds are not set it stone (yey puns), I just find my one to be useful for warding the map and preventing successful ganks and allowing for good lane sustain and harass, because you cant go all in all the time.

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
    How the hell do you jungle Leona without having the other guy invade and murder your shit constantly.

you carry around a minimum of 30-70 extra armor/mr, an AOE slow, a stun/flash skillshot and a low cooldown nuke stun. Throw in your Ult for extra reasons to not show up in Leona's jungle. If your team has any map awareness at all, the invader may just be able to move before they show up and murder them.

Leona jungle is pretty damn strong...

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Please don't play Kayle as a support. :(
    i find myself rarely building a philo anymore, even for shurelya's. Now, a Mana Manip and Kage's Lucky pick, sure, goes great with a flask and ruby sightstone.

Aegis->Bulwark are really really core support items. I do find myself building an early emblem of valor (yay aura items), just in case I need to force the whole "btw we're supposed to be taking towers" thing and turn it into a banner. The Ghost hunting item is cool, the slow around your target is lackluster at best.

If you have an self-healing effects at all, you need to buy an SV.
    Yeah, maybe it's because I generally play Sona and Taric, but I find myself getting bulwark and ruby sighstone as fast as possible, and then Zeke's. I do sometimes miss Shurelya's, but when I do get it I rarely seem to use it effectively anyway. It's a little boring just tanking up, but I find it to be the most effective.
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    I see you miss the point of GP. He is not a bruiser. He is a skirmisher. He is there to poke you, kite you, shoot you from afar, farm while you can't stop him. He isn't there to fight you. That's not the pirate way. He will tire you out before shooting you in the kneecap and finishing you off. His Parrrley is no different mechanically than a ranged autoattack except with a CD and bonus damage (and extra gold attached) Why is it so overpowered? You don't think his short CD Cleanse is OP? Or his global AoE slow ult?
    You're talking about critplank, which I think is gimmicky. That's different from Atmog's bruiser, which was how people generally used to play him until it got nerfed. Parley is stupid because it's the only ability in the game that crits for the entire damage, so depending on the RNG it can do an absurd amount of damage, or not much at all. Its applying on-hit effects that were intended for melee at range is problematic but I'm not sure how much it matters. His ult is stupid, especially since (again depending on the RNG) it can do a lot of damage or almost nothing, but I'm biased against global ults generally. I don't think he's OP, but he's basically unbalanceable in his current state.

• VizardObserverVizardObserver The Duke of Ridiculous Poppycocky Registered User regular
    Sightstone is basically a gp10

Coinage wrote: »

Kayle is my support when I've made the decision in champ select that there are a couple bads/trolls/what have yous, and i need to be able to transform into another carry.

(yes, she's a bad support, but not a bad carry backup)

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

Kayle's a fine support, why not?

she really needs a decent income to show her strength. That being said, I take her as a backup ADC when I get the screaming heebie jeebies from champ select.

• SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Kayle support is gimmicky and falls off hard without items. I understand the premise with the slow, the +ms heal and the invulnerability, but she just feels so meh. Other supports do the job better, safer.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
    kayle's a support, see it even says so on lol.coms champion page, how dare you think you could run her as a jungle, top, mid, or god forbid an ADC!

riot's descriptions are never wrong and you must always follow them.

• SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I think her best spot is top as a counterpick. She shits all over some of the common picks.

Sampsen on
    Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Jookie wrote: »
    I thought they were fixing the tooltip to state that it did?
    The tooltip already states that enemies are unable to attack or move. According to RoG it was changed to state that it roots.

I just played Singed top against WW by accident, Warwick's sustain is really quite irritating. I guess you can't play passively against him. Also, Rammus is the best on TT.

Oh damn, Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent and ROBERTxLEE disqualified from the S3 tournaments

Can you paste/summarize what they did for those of us at work?

For those at work here is the copy/paste
    1 of 1 Riot Posts 14 Hours Ago
    Hi, Summoners –

The ruling below is the result of our investigation into the facts surrounding a ghosting incident at the recent IPL Season 3 Qualifier Tournament for the League of Legends Championship Series (LCS). The tl;dr version is that we’ve disqualified the players involved from the remaining LCS Season 3 qualifying events in North America.

We’re disappointed in the decisions made by these players and believe that there are no excuses for breaking the rules in order to gain a competitive advantage over an opposing team.

Clean play and good sportsmanship are mission-critical for players seeking to compete in the LCS and for the entire LoL community.

League of Legends Competition Ruling

Region: North America
    Players: Johnny “Unstoppable” Tran, Nicholas “Nubbypoohbear” Harlan, George “Zekent” Liu, and Robert “ROBERTxLEE” Lee
    Date of Ruling: 01.02.13
    Subject: Unfair Play; Violations of Summoner’s Code

Facts
    On December 23, 2012, at the IPL Season 3 Qualifier Tournament (the “IPL Tournament”), Absolute Legends (“AL”) played Team Dynamic (“TD”) in the final match of the tournament.
    The players for AL and TD played Game 1 of the Bo3 match with spectator functionality enabled.
    During Game 1, AL player Cruz “Cruzerthebruzer” Ogden allegedly experienced a series of online game disconnections, which led to several lengthy game pauses.
    During the pauses, a spectator in the game communicated via Skype with AL players Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent and ROBERTxLEE.
    They requested information from the spectator about TD’s player positions and ward placements, among other things, and she provided such information to them.
    AL ultimately lost the match to TD.
    Since the incident, several of the players in question have publicly and privately confirmed that the actions of Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent and ROBERTxLEE were intentional and done for the purpose of gaining an unfair advantage over TD.
    Zekent posted a statement online here.
    Screenshots of the Skype chat can be seen here and here.

Relevant Rules
    The IPL Tournament rules (here) defer to Riot’s Season 3 Qualifier rules (here), which prohibit and establish the penalties for unfair play in Section 3.

In addition, The Summoner’s Code establishes the general standards of behavior for all League of Legends players.

Analysis
    The actions of Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent, ROBERTxLEE and their confederate are commonly known as “ghosting,” which is when a game spectator illegally provides information about an opponent’s positions and/or movements.

This type of intentional behavior is a quintessential form of unfair play and the players involved do not dispute the relevant facts. They are, however, publicly remorseful about their actions and do not defend their conduct.

Ghosting also violates the Summoner’s Code, which guides players to exercise good sportsmanship and uphold high standards of behavior.

Ruling
    On December 23, 2012, Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent, and ROBERTxLEE engaged in unfair play against TD by ghosting Game 1 of their match at the IPL Tournament. These actions also violated the letter and spirit of the Summoner’s Code.

Penalties
    Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent, and ROBERTxLEE are each disqualified from participating in the:

1. LCS Season 3 North American Online Tournament, scheduled for January 4-6, 2013;
    2. LCS Season 3 North American Qualifier, scheduled for January 11-13, 2013.

These disqualifications shall be effective, regardless of the current or future team affiliations of any of the players.

Future violations may result in additional penalties.

The key part is
    During Game 1, AL player Cruz “Cruzerthebruzer” Ogden allegedly experienced a series of online game disconnections, which led to several lengthy game pauses. During the pauses, a spectator in the game communicated via Skype with AL players Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent and ROBERTxLEE.
    They requested information from the spectator about TD’s player positions and ward placements, among other things, and she provided such information to them

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Registered User regular
    I agree that one of the biggest changes is the prevalence of pink wards now; they're much more common, than in season 2. I also have been primarily supporting with FB and an all-in in mind, since I usually get forced into support and haven't been grouping at all lately because I am impatient and usually only have time for 1 game, barely..

I like to get mostly Utility masteries, and then offensive with CD and AP valued.. Then run some standard AP penetration masteries, or adjust a page to give you GP quints with more offensive stats and less regen. I buy an ability tome, and make it into kage's my first trip back.. I adjust my ward buying depending on who I'm with, and if I have better uses for things.. Sometimes I go for the bonus gold to start, sometimes I go biscuit and short ward, sometimes both if they have a real snowbally champ, or one that relies on hard farming to be relevant.

Kage's is the best GP booster in the game, and Philo is good only because of Shureyla's for the most part.. I recommend AP over regen as AP makes your abilities more relevant.. The biggest decision is whether to go with penetration or something more defensive/sustain.

Oh, also remember to re up you sightstone wards before you make trips b/hard engage, as the refreshing of the timer/better efficiency really adds up.

Also, Joe, definitely use Zyra in that instance. She's surprisingly strong, even from support.. And you can always just really outfarm and pick up CS from bad ADC's rather easily, which is nice.

What I like most about sightstone is on the fly rewarding. I keep lanewards up, but we are doing a dragon attempt I can just reward around dragon and then b for new ones.

Naphtali wrote: »
    Jookie wrote: »
    I thought they were fixing the tooltip to state that it did?
    The tooltip already states that enemies are unable to attack or move. According to RoG it was changed to state that it roots.

I just played Singed top against WW by accident, Warwick's sustain is really quite irritating. I guess you can't play passively against him. Also, Rammus is the best on TT.

Oh damn, Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent and ROBERTxLEE disqualified from the S3 tournaments

Can you paste/summarize what they did for those of us at work?

For those at work here is the copy/paste
    1 of 1 Riot Posts 14 Hours Ago
    Hi, Summoners –

The ruling below is the result of our investigation into the facts surrounding a ghosting incident at the recent IPL Season 3 Qualifier Tournament for the League of Legends Championship Series (LCS). The tl;dr version is that we’ve disqualified the players involved from the remaining LCS Season 3 qualifying events in North America.

We’re disappointed in the decisions made by these players and believe that there are no excuses for breaking the rules in order to gain a competitive advantage over an opposing team.

Clean play and good sportsmanship are mission-critical for players seeking to compete in the LCS and for the entire LoL community.

League of Legends Competition Ruling

Region: North America
    Players: Johnny “Unstoppable” Tran, Nicholas “Nubbypoohbear” Harlan, George “Zekent” Liu, and Robert “ROBERTxLEE” Lee
    Date of Ruling: 01.02.13
    Subject: Unfair Play; Violations of Summoner’s Code

Facts
    On December 23, 2012, at the IPL Season 3 Qualifier Tournament (the “IPL Tournament”), Absolute Legends (“AL”) played Team Dynamic (“TD”) in the final match of the tournament.
    The players for AL and TD played Game 1 of the Bo3 match with spectator functionality enabled.
    During Game 1, AL player Cruz “Cruzerthebruzer” Ogden allegedly experienced a series of online game disconnections, which led to several lengthy game pauses.
    During the pauses, a spectator in the game communicated via Skype with AL players Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent and ROBERTxLEE.
    They requested information from the spectator about TD’s player positions and ward placements, among other things, and she provided such information to them.
    AL ultimately lost the match to TD.
    Since the incident, several of the players in question have publicly and privately confirmed that the actions of Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent and ROBERTxLEE were intentional and done for the purpose of gaining an unfair advantage over TD.
    Zekent posted a statement online here.
    Screenshots of the Skype chat can be seen here and here.

Relevant Rules
    The IPL Tournament rules (here) defer to Riot’s Season 3 Qualifier rules (here), which prohibit and establish the penalties for unfair play in Section 3.

In addition, The Summoner’s Code establishes the general standards of behavior for all League of Legends players.

Analysis
    The actions of Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent, ROBERTxLEE and their confederate are commonly known as “ghosting,” which is when a game spectator illegally provides information about an opponent’s positions and/or movements.

This type of intentional behavior is a quintessential form of unfair play and the players involved do not dispute the relevant facts. They are, however, publicly remorseful about their actions and do not defend their conduct.

Ghosting also violates the Summoner’s Code, which guides players to exercise good sportsmanship and uphold high standards of behavior.

Ruling
    On December 23, 2012, Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent, and ROBERTxLEE engaged in unfair play against TD by ghosting Game 1 of their match at the IPL Tournament. These actions also violated the letter and spirit of the Summoner’s Code.

Penalties
    Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent, and ROBERTxLEE are each disqualified from participating in the:

1. LCS Season 3 North American Online Tournament, scheduled for January 4-6, 2013;
    2. LCS Season 3 North American Qualifier, scheduled for January 11-13, 2013.

These disqualifications shall be effective, regardless of the current or future team affiliations of any of the players.

Future violations may result in additional penalties.

The key part is
    During Game 1, AL player Cruz “Cruzerthebruzer” Ogden allegedly experienced a series of online game disconnections, which led to several lengthy game pauses. During the pauses, a spectator in the game communicated via Skype with AL players Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent and ROBERTxLEE.
    They requested information from the spectator about TD’s player positions and ward placements, among other things, and she provided such information to them

Man, criminal masterminds these weren't.. I wonder if they didn't shit the bed, and make it so blatantly transparent/obvious, if this would've been resolved so fast and easily. This really reminds me of the kinds of guys you see that try to steal or cheat at a casino.

MadCaddy wrote: »
    Also, Joe, definitely use Zyra in that instance. She's surprisingly strong, even from support.. And you can always just really outfarm and pick up CS from bad ADC's rather easily, which is nice.

yeh, zyra is another that works in that spot. there's a good collection of supports that can carry that i break out in case of derp detection, like selecting ashe.

MadCaddy wrote: »

yeh, zyra is another that works in that spot. there's a good collection of supports that can carry that i break out in case of derp detection, like selecting ashe.

Yea, she's my goto, and I usually waste a ban on her when I go top/jungle now, just in case my team is bad.. I don't fear her from mid much, actually.. Her starting skills just have good power, and man is she fun when you go Kage's, boots-Sorc's after Mejai's.. I've been getitng Soulstealer on a lot more of my APs lately. It just feels about right, and the +8 ap for an assist in bot lane makes it very nice.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

Building supports is something you're going to get a lot of talk about here but the standard build on support is as follows:

Support Build:
    Start: Faeri Charm, Wards and Health pots

Build that Faerie Charm charm into a philosopher' stone asap, to get that gold rolling.

NO! Full stop. Do not build Philo Stone on Taric in S3.

You only ever build Philo Stone if you need the MP5. It has half the HP5 that it did in season two, it was typically a bad option in S2 (unless against Sona), AND in Season 3 there are better first items (like sight stone/ ruby sightstone)
    Roz wrote: »
    All supports should be building Sunfire Cape to be part of team Sunfire Bros.

Its not bad if you're going to be in the middle, but its expensive and you won't really get there in time to make use of it.

If you're looking for a HP supporting item, look at the locket. 10 less armor and 25 less HP than the Sunfire Cape. But 10% CDR, 10 HP 5, a great active and its 500 gold cheaper.

In addition if you have it in lane it may nick CS from your carry.
    Sight stone requires you to place 9 (9.33 recurring but I am rounding down), before it pays for itself.

You're not counting the health. Sightstone comes with 100 HP and 2 wards to place, which means you instantly get 413 gold worth of stats with 563 gold 3 minutes later (GP10 rate is 8.3). It costs 700 gold which means that it pays off after 6 wards, or about 6 minutes.

It upgrades easily to Ruby Sightstone after getting a Ruby Crystal, Ruby Sightstone costs 125 gold over the Cystal and sightstone, gives you another 4 GP/10 and 20 HP. (the only reason you would not upgrade to the ruby asap is if you couldn't use the 3 wards in lane).

Philo takes a lot longer to pay off, especially considering that it doesn't have any now stats which means that if you get Philo first and the other guy gets the more gold efficient sightstone first you can't fight them in lane.

wbBv3fj.png
This discussion has been closed.