As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Deep Space [chat]

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Boston has one of the highest per capita young people due to the colleges. maybe highest.

I met the best Harvard PhD student at a super awesome halloween party years ago. Man. I suck.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I should move to America, clearly

Listen to me

You would slay over here

It is impossible to overstate how correct this statement is.

SIMON

LISTEN

I understand! It is just not a thing that could happen in the foreseeable future, what with having zero marketable skills beyond waxing academic about media culture

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    accents are the key to an americans heart and pants

this is 100% true

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    hey SiG I did not know you live in portland

next time I am there we can hang out yes/no

100% yes

all the time

(maybe not but can you help with the ant problem in my house)

kidding

(no seriously fucking ants)

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    the only reason i talk to @surrealitycheck is because his dulcet tones make me wet

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I am beyond tired of the weather and the people

I lived in Boston for a year, and yeah I can understand both of those things.

You have to realize, though, that I've been living in Kentucky for 2 1/2 years.

Boston definitely seems like an upgrade to Kentucky, though I've never been so I can't judge too harshly

Boston has its charms but growing up here I have just had to interact with way too many "Boston kids"

It's different when you grow up in a place, that's for sure. I still think Los Angeles is a great city, but I'm ready to try something new.

I was really hoping to move to Boston or New York or something, because I don't have as much experience with the East Coast, and I hate literally every single West Coast [chat]ter.

I will murder you in your sleep you bastard!

where's my letter!

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    surreality actually only talks to me because my american tones make him wet

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Also I visited SF a few times and really liked it and now I just have it in my head that here sucks and there would be way better

San Francisco is shockingly similar to Boston in a lot of ways. I visited SF shortly after PAX East one year, and sometimes when I was walking through the city I'd get lost in thought, and when I snapped out of it I'd think for a few seconds that I was in Boston.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Boston has one of the highest per capita young people due to the colleges. maybe highest.

I met the best Harvard PhD student at a super awesome halloween party years ago. Man. I suck.

downtown truly is crawling with girls Thursday to Saturday nights

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

Boston definitely seems like an upgrade to Kentucky, though I've never been so I can't judge too harshly

Boston has its charms but growing up here I have just had to interact with way too many "Boston kids"

It's different when you grow up in a place, that's for sure. I still think Los Angeles is a great city, but I'm ready to try something new.

I was really hoping to move to Boston or New York or something, because I don't have as much experience with the East Coast, and I hate literally every single West Coast [chat]ter.

where's my letter!

Um, I don't write letters to people I hate.

Obviously.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

where's my letter!

Obviously.

COME HERE

• Options
    Also I visited SF a few times and really liked it and now I just have it in my head that here sucks and there would be way better

San Francisco is shockingly similar to Boston in a lot of ways. I visited SF shortly after PAX East one year, and sometimes when I was walking through the city I'd get lost in thought, and when I snapped out of it I'd think for a few seconds that I was in Boston.

that's probably what draws me to it, then - I have no problems with Boston the city, really
    I think I'm operating under the (false) assumption that people will be better elsewhere

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    I would live in either Boston or Sanfran

though Boston is too fucking cold

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Just got back from seeing Louis CK, this particular set is a pretty dang good one

I was ready and rarin' to go as soon as those tickets went on sale, and then I looked at the locations and remembered that I live in fucking Kentucky and nobody I care about wants to perform within a 200 mile radius of this place.

move to austin, doggle

I know Austin is supposed to be like an oasis of awesome in the desert of terrible that is Texas, but I just really don't want to live in that state.

Moving is definitely high on my priorities, though. It's looking like Boston, Chicago, or San Francisco, depending on how grad school applications work out.
    hey

HEY

MOTHERFUCKER

PORTLAND

SIG I have never even visited Portland.

Plus there are no Oregon schools with statistics programs as awesome as the ones in San Francisco and Chicago.

yeah well fuck you

our coffee is better

our hipsters are more hipster

our vintage is more vintage

and motherfucker I live here

I saw John Roderick live in Dallas a few weeks ago.

He noted that Dallas is becoming more and more like Portland. To quote him:

"Portland is not the answer, Dallas."

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

Booking my flight over right now

• Options
    I'm really ready to move back to a liberal city. It's not that Lexington is full of hardcore conservatives (we have a gay mayor and Lexington voted for Obama in the election both times), but even the liberals here have somewhat old-fashioned values.

I really miss my crazy polyamorous bisexual nerdy friends in Los Angeles, and I feel like I'm a lot more likely to find people like that in San Francisco or Boston than here in Lexington.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Just got back from seeing Louis CK, this particular set is a pretty dang good one

I was ready and rarin' to go as soon as those tickets went on sale, and then I looked at the locations and remembered that I live in fucking Kentucky and nobody I care about wants to perform within a 200 mile radius of this place.

move to austin, doggle

I know Austin is supposed to be like an oasis of awesome in the desert of terrible that is Texas, but I just really don't want to live in that state.

Moving is definitely high on my priorities, though. It's looking like Boston, Chicago, or San Francisco, depending on how grad school applications work out.
    hey

HEY

MOTHERFUCKER

PORTLAND

SIG I have never even visited Portland.

Plus there are no Oregon schools with statistics programs as awesome as the ones in San Francisco and Chicago.

yeah well fuck you

our coffee is better

our hipsters are more hipster

our vintage is more vintage

and motherfucker I live here

I saw John Roderick live in Dallas a few weeks ago.

He noted that Dallas is becoming more and more like Portland. To quote him:

"Portland is not the answer, Dallas."

no, because they would never be as great

get over it Dallas, and become San Antonio already

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

100% yes

all the time

kidding

leave them some bread

eventually you will gain their trust, and then you will have a new network for you to solve crimes with

(this is how criminal justice works, I am sure of it)

• Options
  • Options

where's my letter!

Obviously.

COME HERE

ew no

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    i miss iowa city. i had it all. i just didn't know it.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I got one of these tvs for $250 today

http://store.vizio.com/e422ar.html

am I a fool deserving of mockery or am I shrewd jewy consumer

• Options

100% yes

all the time

kidding

leave them some bread

eventually you will gain their trust, and then you will have a new network for you to solve crimes with

god dammit Arch

I want them ERADICATED

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Check out my ultra-cute, recently married niece, ya'll!

602930_903788129188_666965608_n.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options

did I say girls? I meant rats

There are a lot of rats

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

where's my letter!

Obviously.

COME HERE

ew no

you are the worst

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

This is 'the sad' talking.

Austin is awesometastic. Get out there and get weird, dude.

• Options

100% yes

all the time

kidding

leave them some bread

god dammit Arch

I want them ERADICATED

Yeah, well I want them EDUCATED

• Options

where's my letter!

Obviously.

COME HERE

ew no

you are the worst

the worst

at being awful

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    I killed myself jumping off a wall in WoW and now my spirit can't get back to my body

fuck you WoW

• Options

This is 'the sad' talking.

Austin is awesometastic. Get out there and get weird, dude.

Indeed

• Options

There are a lot of rats

Beggars can't be choosers

• Options
    I killed myself jumping off a wall in WoW and now my spirit can't get back to my body

fuck you WoW

Rez sickness GO

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    I got one of these tvs for $250 today

http://store.vizio.com/e422ar.html

am I a fool deserving of mockery or am I shrewd jewy consumer

tvs are all the same now. the stats are only to get you to buy more expensive ones. you got a great deal.

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Check out my ultra-cute, recently married niece, ya'll!

602930_903788129188_666965608_n.jpg

ten hundred props to the dress

five points to Griffindor as well

• Options

There are a lot of rats

I'm not gonna lie, there are some sexy rats in Boston.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Austin isn't that weird.

• Options

There are a lot of rats

there are kind of a lot of beggars, too

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    i'd hit it

• Options
    though in these winter months they tend to hibernate at night

C8Ft8GE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.