As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Phallacian Complex - Silence Reigns

1242526272830»

• frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Last Son wrote: »
    Interesting factoid.

Ardor was the only person protected by the ISF and he was targeted by five(!) kills before finally dying.

And Ardor killed me the night I guarded him. It will definately be the last time I guard him ever.

Hey now, blame the RNG. It's not like I had secret information to work with on day 1 other than I could knife someone every night.

On the plus side, I did take out a bad guy too.

I just found it funny that at the same time I guard you, your killing me.

frandelgearslip on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Interesting factoid.

Ardor was the only person protected by the ISF and he was targeted by five(!) kills before finally dying.

And Ardor killed me the night I guarded him. It will definately be the last time I guard him ever.

Hey now, blame the RNG. It's not like I had secret information to work with on day 1 other than I could knife someone every night.

On the plus side, I did take out a bad guy too.

I just found it funny that at the same time I guard you, you end up killing me.

HB contacted me when he started leading in votes, claiming he was a guardian. I suggested he go public and see if any other guardians existed, since turning a bandwagon around on him at that point would've been suicide for both me and him in many ways.

I honestly just hit the RNG and that's how it went. Boy was my face red when I realized I killed another guardian like a retard.

On the plus side, I soaked up 5 bad guy attacks for the village because the guardians are awesome! My only usefulness is apparently in death these games. I guess I better start dying sooner.

Ardor on
  • ZepplinZepplin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    that was an awsome phalla, as my second, and i survived! wooo. i wish i had a little more time to post though.

Zepplin on
  • KoanKoan Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Well done all, great job last son.

Koan on
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Typhus733 wrote: »
    If we are going to reveal...

I am the milk man, I have the power to give delicious milk.

I am Grundlterror!

I am pretty!

And charismatic!

And I have good speaking skills!

Thorgot, Plutonium... how did you guys miss this? :(

It was quoted three times too!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Heh, thanks for the praise you guys.

One thing I was curious about, why did Lignisse out herself instead of Ardor? There wasn't really a lot of suspicion toward Lignisse at the time.

Last Son on
    edited August 2007
    Heh, thanks for the praise you guys.

One thing I was curious about, why did Lignisse out herself instead of Ardor? There wasn't really a lot of suspicion toward Lignisse at the time.

She came up with the plan, I told her I'm fine if she wants to take the lead.

Ardor on
  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Good work everyone. Awesome how we ended up winning because the bad guys killed each other.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Thank you, I got to laugh at your incompetence after you killed me, and now I get to join in the celebrations.

minigunwielder on
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Sorry minigunwielder, but killing you was the right move at the time. We had to figure out if any of the day 1 bandwagons had validity.

Anyway, it was pretty nifty getting to be part of the seer network, finally. jdarksun, I tried to bring you in, but Typhus was understandably reluctant. Anyway, it turns out you didn't fully trust me anyway, so boo. We would've used you as our mouthpiece if you'd lived a little longer, though.

Good game, all.

cheez on
  • ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Question to Bink: Where the hell did you go? Was the whole "didn't get our message thing" seriously a mistake?

Because, dang. If you're gonna ask for PMs... check em :D .

Also, some commentary on the game from the bad guys boards (I'm gonna PM B:L about it, I guess he's not paying attention at all). We went for Ardor the first night, and then held off on the second. I had a hunch he was lying about the guardian thing and I was right; I was on target for a lot of my guesses this game. And then it got really weird. Those of you worrying about bad guy manipulation? Didn't happen. I was just as mystified as most of you were, and if we had spoken up maybe the weird voting would have stopped, but since it was in our favor I kept my mouth shut. I still don't know what was going on, though.

Also, great job again to all the people who stepped up to try to break things down and out the bad guys.

Additionally, I was worried when Ardor jumped on me after I comented about his post; throughout the game in the main thread, I was acting as a good guy, not really manipulating or making things up. And I was seriously complimenting him, and then when I got jumped on it was kind of a "oh crap oh crap" moment, because the way he phrased it, it made me look bad. Ardor is quite good with words when he switches it on.

Threelemmings on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    He passed it on, but I'm a jerk and just used it as a name for my last kill.

All or nothing baby. :D

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, but according to what I've read he didn't check until after voting was closed :P

Threelemmings on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    No internets since last night. :cry:

Boards are open.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Victory

oh, we won a while ago, didn't we

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Infidel wrote: »
    I had a feeling you were going to kill me as I killed you, so I requested that since he made me so maniacal (after a little comment in day 5's kill orders) that if that happened that I take us out in glory. No way was I getting killed. :D

Infidel. You. Me. We know how to make a village win in style.

Anthrax! Please. on
  • zalzal Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Thank you, I got to laugh at your incompetence after you killed me, and now I get to join in the celebrations.

Well, by night #2 I was going to write you off as an innocent just like HB and Niceguy, but after all the more obvious suspects have been killed, I simply had no clue where to start next. I should've just went with Anaximander who was both present in the Evarial and Vorial list I made up, but I can't really remember why I didn't. I think playing villager is more often than not harder than specials.

zal on
    edited August 2007
    Jdarksun hates me. All I've ever done was be nice to him too! If he tells you any differently, it's because he's lying and evil.

Ardor on
  • BinkBink Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hey, didn't realize the game was over. Well played by all. There are a couple things in the last two pages I want to respond to.

-Yes, this is my first Phalla. I'm happy that it worked out the way it did, but I recognize I made a couple mistakes and hopefully that won't happen again.

-To the Vorials: I was seriously interested in the alliance thing, but I was definately going to get voted off so I left it to Infidel's descretion. He didn't want to reveal himself (because then Evarial would have CERTAINLY lost) so instead he kept your proxy in his pocket for the last Vorial kill. I actually did get your PM earlier, but it was better to pretend I didn't than to respond and make you think something fishy was going on.

Bink on
    This post in no way reflects the views, opinions, thoughts or beliefs of anyone at all, and these forums take no responsibility for the actions or subsequent consequences of the author during his attempts to "Maek poast".
    edited August 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Jdarksun hates me. All I've ever done was be nice to him too! If he tells you any differently, it's because he's lying and evil.
    Aw, I don't hate you. Can't claim not to be lying and evil though.

You played pretty straight-arrow this game. I'm not sure I would have done anything differently.

Typically, bad guys in most of these games try to not associate with each other. Sadly, that was the only card I had to play this time around, so I did my research and gave it out, hoping it would help out.

I didn't steal anyone's items, I didn't double cross anyone and I wasn't a bad guy!

I'd say I'm improving. The 3 step program is helping out a lot.

Step 1: Stop being dumb.
    Step 2: ????
    Step 3: Success!

Ardor on
  • Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Bink wrote: »
    Hey, didn't realize the game was over. Well played by all. There are a couple things in the last two pages I want to respond to.

-Yes, this is my first Phalla. I'm happy that it worked out the way it did, but I recognize I made a couple mistakes and hopefully that won't happen again.

-To the Vorials: I was seriously interested in the alliance thing, but I was definately going to get voted off so I left it to Infidel's descretion. He didn't want to reveal himself (because then Evarial would have CERTAINLY lost) so instead he kept your proxy in his pocket for the last Vorial kill. I actually did get your PM earlier, but it was better to pretend I didn't than to respond and make you think something fishy was going on.

Search our boards for your name Bink.

Also, Ardor. I left a few comments for you in Day One, Ardor.

Anthrax! Please. on
  • BinkBink Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Bink wrote: »

Search our boards for your name Bink.

Also, Ardor. I left a few comments for you in Day One, Ardor.

Drama queen ;0)

Bink on
    This post in no way reflects the views, opinions, thoughts or beliefs of anyone at all, and these forums take no responsibility for the actions or subsequent consequences of the author during his attempts to "Maek poast".
  • FembotFembot Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Thanks for the fun, Last Son :^:

Fembot on