As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect 3] Operation HEARTBREAKER. Feb 15th-17th. Ban(she)e's a maneater.

• HandfalconHandfalcon Registered User regular
    You sir, or madame, are a gentleman, or lady, and a scholar.

Got a Typhoon II in a spectre pack and wanted to see how happy I should be at improvement. Roughly 1000 more damage per clip. Not too shabby I suppose.

steam_sig.png
  • TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    having all of the characters unlocked is kind of killing my urge to play this game (even though several of them don't have max customization yet).

I'm assuming there's a challenge for this weekend? I need an excuse to put a couple more hours in.

PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Finally found a use for Explosive Ammo; works great against phantoms. Since their defense is cloaking and flipping sometime I look track of them on the battlefield. Explosive ammo worked great for showing me where they ran off too, sometimes breaking their cloak altogether.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Going online for some ME3 tonight.

I've collected all the characters I want, minus the n7 vanguard. However when I want him I'll have to delete all the other dlc as just hoping for him at this point will take forever.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Opening up the new packs really does seem to have speedtracked accumulation of everything I've wanted. I suppose this is natural as its life cycle draws to what seems to be a close, though I hold out hope that this is merely preparing for some future expansion of the MP where they take it in a new direction, and this is just allowing people to get past the accumulation phase of the game more quickly.

I'm a dreamer.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    If we're getting one more mp DLC I hope we get at least a new Salarian and a lady Turian (Turian Adept maybe?)

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Sure, why not. Turian Adept with Flare. Turian Vanguard - no Charge but she gets Nyreen's bubble power.

dN0T6ur.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    ...Vanguard...

No charge...

Get out of here, hippy.

Dragkonias on
    Played a great series of games with the PA crew tonight. Simply crushed platinum on white, but Wyborn totally dominated the score board haha.

Good times.

But

I unlocked my first Harrier, and then the Javelin 2! I played one more gold game after that platinum after everyone left. I joined an in-progress game on Rio Gold Reapers with two people, we never got a fourth. We all extracted. I was a demolisher with the Harrier and Javelin and topped the score board. The Harrier is the gun for the Demolisher, wow. It's great even at level 1! Granted I was using Warp ammo 3.

Javelin was unimpressive. Make sense, because when I actually compared stats my Widow X does the exact same damage.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Next thing you know, people will be wanting infiltrators without cloak

steam_sig.png
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    So how do I stop being the load? I've just been playing bronze and silver pub games as I try out the different characters, but even with the level 20 ones I feel are well specced, I'm usually coming in fourth with a third of the point score of the top guy.

Highlight was when searching for a bronze game, I was plunked right down into the first wave of a platinum match, not realizing anything was wrong until the banshee ganked me. And then the Geth showed up. WTF?

Fortunately, everyone else was good enough that they could rock platinum with just three guys, as I spent the first few waves mostly dead and after that, found a certain rhythm that usually kept me alive, not really contributing much as I sprayed Katana shots and concussive blasts everywhere. I even made it to the extraction point, literally dying with one second left on the clock.

So tell me, oh wise warriors, how I get the big points? I already do random maps and enemies, but how do I best wrack up the big points in game?

edited January 2013
    You must not lust after the Big Points and the Fat Credits in your heart; yea, these things shall not come to all, but each of us has a place to Serve in the machinations of her team.

Support your teammates. Do crowd control. Chain Overload, biotic explosions, tech bursts, whatever you can manage.

If you want to rack up the big points, get an asari vanguard (silver unlock), spec her for maximum power damage and maximum grenade damage and power synergy on her Charge and lob two or three grenades onto spawns agaisnt Cerberus, Geth, or Collectors. Reapers withstand this onslaught slightly better, but only slightly.

But early on you should be aiming for survivability first and points second.

Easiest way to learn it to play with good players. Xbox or Origin or PSN, find some people in this thread to play with and you will learn the ropes.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    yea, we will drag your ass to golden glory, though it may kick and scream

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I would be his mentor but I'm so hot that all the enemies would probably be dead before he learned anything.

edited January 2013
    Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Ok, there has been too much smack talk going on in this thread.

I come home in April/May, I am going to smack you guys with my slayer's penis.
    Just kidding.
    Or am I?
    Kidding, I miss you guys.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=AlbinoBunny&platform=pc

That's cool, now I can feel sad at all the stuff I don't have.

Bioware, next game, trading please, please please please god please.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    if they had trading all the spare raptors woul djust pile up in everybody's 'bank' or whatever until you eventually deleted them (if they even let you do that)

basically hey, it'd be ME1 all over again

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    If they had trading I'd gladly sell or even give away for free 90% of my guns cause they're crap.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    If that list included Phaestorm and any SMG that isn't the fucking 'feel like you're firing BB pellets' starter SMG I'd gladly take them, 'crap' or not.

edited January 2013
    Looking at your manifest, my guess would be your best bet is the drell infiltrator with your widow. I don't actually have him, but if you use the trick with cloak to make the recon mine cooldown 3 seconds, you could do a fair amount of damage even without relying on weapons.

That, or just use the volus adept to keep teammates shields recharged on gold/plat.

I understand the need to get more rares, but it might be worth it to just get all your basic weapons up to X level with recruit packs

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Sure, why not. Turian Adept with Flare. Turian Vanguard - no Charge but she gets Nyreen's bubble power.
    heavens no

i could not for the life of me figure out a point for nyreen's bubble

so glad we got flare and lash instead

• AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    aye i dinnae see nyreens bubble really working for a human player - does it not just make you immune to damage but also means you cannae do anything at all? makes sense for a minion but less so for the player theirself

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    heavens no

50% more weapon damage for 10 seconds and you say there's no point to it? Kay

If it's comming to MP it's gonna get nerfed, but even 25% more weapon damage for 10 seconds AFTER a free period of invulnerability would make this THE top power on the class it's on, period.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

heavens no

Makes you invulnerable to all damage for a certain number of seconds, then gives you either 50% damage reduction or 50% weapon damage bonus for ten seconds.

I think your shields can even regenerate while the bubble is up.

It would be an incomparable power with a lot of weapon load-outs.

dN0T6ur.png
    edited January 2013
    okay, if it could let you recover your shield gate under fire it would probably be broken, not just good

and yeah, that 50% weapon damage is gonna get knocked way down to probably 25% which, from my experience with havoc and vanguard, is not terribly awe-inspiring

and what you get is a power that makes it so you can't move or shoot or do anything useful but not die for a few seconds

meh

it won't be completely useless the way it is for companions (because why do i give a flying fuck if Nyreen goes down?); might be mildly useful as a panic button (i doubt a few seconds of immobile invulnerability are going to do you much good in a phantom/dragoon dogpile)

the only defense that's actually any good in the long-term is getting the fuck out of wherever you currently are and biotic protector doesn't enable that at all

Elendil on
    i mean if you want to use some class with a heavy weapon damage bonus and strong defensive skill

may i suggest literally every infiltrator*

*except the asari

Yeah.

Asari Infiltrator only gets a strong weapon damage bonus and a strong power damage bonus.

I thought the huntress didn't get the weapon damage bonus because bugs

Oh. I guess she does. Oh well.

• amiweamiwe Registered User regular
    Feel free to add me, by the way. amiwe on origin. My microphone died, so I can't communicate with you other than running around you hitting the melee button... but I have a good attitude. :3

Dragkonias wrote: »
    Oh. I guess she does. Oh well.
    I actually don't mind because now she's at least different from the other tactical cloak weapons platforms we already have

her and the shadow make for some nice variations

edited January 2013
    I'm surprised because I've been just demolishing with her and I didn't even know she wasn't at full strength.

Dragkonias on
    I heard the damage bonus for the Asari only works for Powers, its on of the patch notes I think.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/9544143/2#15251310

• HandfalconHandfalcon Registered User regular
    Liking cryo ammo on the demolisher with a falcon. Bomb the spawn a couple times, toss an arc grenade. Things cryo splode good.

steam_sig.png
    how weird would it be to run geth soldier without flamer

i mean, it's flamer

on the other hand, he could have a ton of shield recharge delay reduction, hella weapon damage, accuracy, and fire rate, and the ability to not give two fucks about cooldown

this sounds kind of appealing

i never actually use my geth trooper because in practice i die all the time trying to set people on fire, and i still have my vorcha

how weird would it be to run geth soldier without flamer

i mean, it's flamer

on the other hand, he could have a ton of shield recharge delay reduction, hella weapon damage, accuracy, and fire rate, and the ability to not give two fucks about cooldown

this sounds kind of appealing

i never actually use my geth trooper because in practice i die all the time trying to set people on fire, and i still have my vorcha

Spec fortification for damage reduction except for the fifth evolution in it where you want the power bonus. 40% damage reduction isn't too shabby. Make all of HV's specs for power damage, as well as the geth passive.

This is one of my best classes on Gold, but I do take a cyclonic modulator on him. And you can take the Shield Booster gear if you want, but I usually take multicapcitors for recharge and flamer damage.

He's not a tank, but he isn't a glass cannon as other geth classes.

4 Geth Pyros.

Gold Collectors.

Reegars only.

Final Destination.

edited January 2013
    it's not so much that i can't use the flamer build, than that the idea of a more mobile, high shield regen destroyer sounds kind of nice

i wish i had two of these guys

i don't want to give up the flamiest flamer in existence, either

Elendil on
    edited January 2013
    i mean i have a javelin iv i'm not even using

and before you go "geth infiltrator!" i'll have you know i'm never going into a game with just the javelin and i still care about infiltrator cooldowns a little

edit: i'm gonna do it

i'm gonna do it

i need to play vorcha to get the bloodpack banner anyway so i might as well do my flaming with them

Elendil on