As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect 3] Operation HEARTBREAKER. Feb 15th-17th. Ban(she)e's a maneater.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I really don't like the Javelin myself.

I usually use the Widow over it just because the shot is instant.

• TerribleMisathropeTerribleMisathrope 23rd Degree Intiate At The Right Hand Of The Seven HornsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    What is the weekend challenge this weekend? I can't find any info on it and my Origin is glitching out.

Edit: Nevermind: http://blog.bioware.com/2012/12/18/winter-break/

TerribleMisathrope on
    Mostly Broken

try this
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    No challenge this weekend. They'll probably start back up next week through.

• TerribleMisathropeTerribleMisathrope 23rd Degree Intiate At The Right Hand Of The Seven HornsRegistered User regular
    Thanks. Now why is it I can get online and do this, but Origin won't let me out of online mode no matter what I do?

You having this problem too, @Dragkonias?

Mostly Broken

try this
    I'm not on Origin.

edited January 2013
    I'm not on Origin.
    OK. Just wondering if I'm the only one having a problem, or if there's a server issue. Doesn't much matter, but if it was just my system I could try a few things.

TerribleMisathrope on
    Mostly Broken

try this
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    I'm not on Origin.
    OK. Just wondering if I'm the only one having a problem, or if there's a server issue. Doesn't much matter, but if it was just my system I could try a few things.

Having the same problem. EA servers have been dodgy for a couple of days for me, not sure what they're up to.

Grog wrote: »
    I'm not on Origin.

Having the same problem. EA servers have been dodgy for a couple of days for me, not sure what they're up to.
    Yeah, me too. Oh well, I guess I'll play something else.

Mostly Broken

try this
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    what the hell is the ammo capacity on the javelin

i can carry fewer than ten shots at level IV

• AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    finally tried out the slasher the other night, quite liked a 6/5/6/5/4 build. falcon for stagger so lash is undodgeable, brings folk right to your feet for falcon punching. warp->clusters for big armoured targets. some kind of featherlight sidearm that gives you better dps than the falcon against hard targets between warps (eg tempest/pred with ulm)

not a worldbeater but good fun

am so bad with the javelin

i don't know what i'm doing

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    if bubble was added to MP you'd still be able to get insta-killed while doing it

nothing a phantom likes more than a stationary target

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Even if you couldn't get sync killed while the bubble was active, I picture it like Elendil mentioned- bubble goes down only now you're surrounded by two guardians, two dragoons and a phantom just waiting to bludgeon/stab you.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Maybe they could re-do it to allow movement only while active. That would sort it without breaking it right? So Vanguard walks up to dude, blows it the fuck away, bubbles while reloading.

• HandfalconHandfalcon Registered User regular
    Done all the reaper challenges, except that I am on Husks 2 and Ravegers 2. Ugh, this is going to take a while.

steam_sig.png
  • FinalSoundwaveFinalSoundwave Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    how weird would it be to run geth soldier without flamer

i mean, it's flamer

on the other hand, he could have a ton of shield recharge delay reduction, hella weapon damage, accuracy, and fire rate, and the ability to not give two fucks about cooldown

this sounds kind of appealing

i never actually use my geth trooper because in practice i die all the time trying to set people on fire, and i still have my vorcha

But the Four Geth of the Apocolypse and the awesomeness therein cannot be described in words! Reegar things with shields/barrier and then burn all things. Burn them to the ground. Seriously though, awesome.

XBL: Final Soundwave
    I have to say, ME2 feels much more RPG than ME3.

Also I honestly rarely notice the lack of mobility on my character.

This is because, and Curly can verify, I play like a pussy. If I have my bit of cover it is mine and I shall cherish it forever and call it steve.

So the game making movement so stiff that trying to do anything so exciting as GASP switch cover is usually a bad idea is great. Now I can sit back and play shooting gallery 2350: WubWub stealth edition (also cloak is great as a mobility tool)

Cover.

I played Vanguard in ME2 so I don't know what it is.

Is that the stuff that gets in your way while you're charging stuff?

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Handfalcon wrote: »
    Done all the reaper challenges, except that I am on Husks 2 and Ravegers 2. Ugh, this is going to take a while.

Tell me about it. Some of the challenge tallies are a bit extreme. Still got like 90,000 points in Husks to go...

Still wishing they would reduce wave required from 200 to 100. I swear have to play over 100 games just for the "Monster" banner.

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Cover.

I played Vanguard in ME2 so I don't know what it is.

Is that the stuff that gets in your way while you're charging stuff?

CAN'T GET A MOTHERFUCKIN' GODDAMN LOCK

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Handfalcon wrote: »

Tell me about it. Some of the challenge tallies are a bit extreme. Still got like 90,000 points in Husks to go...

Go into Wave 1 of a Solo Gold Reapers on a small map like vanilla Glacier. Take your kroguard. Kill nothing but Husks until they stop coming. Die. You get about 12000 Husks poitns in 4-5 minutes this way.

dN0T6ur.png
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Farming Husks is not my idea of time well spent.

I'm sure I'll get there some day.

Fair enough. Just saying, if you want to kill thirty minutes, it can get you the banner.

dN0T6ur.png
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Still wishing they would reduce wave required from 200 to 100. I swear have to play over 100 games just for the "Monster" banner.
    I've been playing quite a bit the past few weeks and I still haven't gotten a waves completed challenge with my most used characters.

So I keep seeing this Omega DLC ad, and it keeps making me go back to playing the game.

Mainly because the music in it is wicked sick and the imagery is awesome.

This excludes default male shepard who is the dullest thing in the trailer by a factor of about 1 space unit.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    After you 'beat' the Omega DLC, is Omega still a travel location or does it disappear from the map?

sig.gif
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    disappears completely, never to be seen again.

omega is never actually on the map

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Out of curiosity, has anyone had a glitch like the one I went through earlier, where despite having the settings looking for a bronze game, I ended up in the middle of a platinum one?

• Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    It'll look for what you tell it to, but sometimes it drops you elsewhere. I've set it for a specific enemy or location (usually during challenge weekends), and it ignores me if there's no games of that type going on. I've had it happen with difficulties once or twice, but that's much more rare.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    A pubbie gold?

Fer Chrissakes!

Come play with me or some of the other Xbox bros, we'll get you through four or five Gold games lickety split

I've had some pretty good pubbie golds of late, surprisingly. In and out, easy peesy. I am insisting on searching for the Reapers though, so that probably helps...

Still I'll add the PA tag, thanks for the invite. I just don't want people to think I'm standoffish when I'm playin' ZOE HD or Walking Dead or whatever and don't wanna MP.

edited January 2013
    i don't do collector gold pubs anymore

it's not worth the consumables

Elendil on
    so i just tried out the revenant for the first time in forever

turian ghost

it's still pretty much shit

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I dig the ol' Rev on my Destroyer.

It's not the best thing since sliced bread, but it's still reasonable. And I've seen Blackbird do some serious damage with it using a vanilla Turian Soldier.

edited January 2013
    i could see it being more manageable with those classes, but those classes can make any POS manageable

the chief problem is the accuracy

not the recoil, and the damage is actually pretty solid at this point, even without the cloak bonus

but the spread gives it an effective range that's only slightly longer than the reegar

Elendil on
  • HandfalconHandfalcon Registered User regular
    I find the Rev is good on the TurSol thanks to Marksman. Keeps it steady enough output bunch of lead on target.

How about the Turian Saboteur? Just unlocked. Anything to know about building this guy?

steam_sig.png
    I'll show you, El

I'll show you good

dN0T6ur.png
  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Turian Saboteur was pretty underwhelming for me.

Going online, xbox, right now.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Sabotage still sucks, so only put 3 ranks in it, if any. Feel free to bring a heavier weapon since you don't have to worry too much about cooldowns. Grenades aren't affected, and sentry turrets don't need to be deployed every three seconds.