As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

:: SOLID SAINTS 2013 :: $12,505USD went to Childs Play! Well done, everyone!

mullymully Registered User regular
edited April 2013 in Social Entropy++
ss_banner1.png
solidsaints.com
It’s that time of year again when everyone digs deep in their own way to give a little
or a lot of love to a charity that is near and dear to our hearts, Child’s Play. Last year
was the second year that we tried this and you all did incredible. You ended up raising
just over $17,000 for Child’s Play and made Solid Saints a Platinum Sponsor. Well
done, you!

auction.png

Auction Start Date: Friday, February 15, 2012; 6:00 PM PST
Auction End Date: Sunday, February 17, 2012; 6:00 PM PST

faq.png

But, What Can I Offer?

Here are some examples of things that have been offered in the past:

Custom art, statuettes, custom joysticks, Steam games, game merchandise, baked goods, jams, jellies, monthly care packages, lessons (guitar, resume writing, D&D, drawing, HTML, etc), website creation, marketing, taxes, songs, jewelry, expert advice, photo prints, photo sessions, make-up design, airbrushing, story writing, comic pitches, personal cheering squad... It is recommended that with any of these things, you put a limit on it. (Ie with website creation - say a certain amount of time you will spend, or be specific as to what you are willing to do.)

Not sure if it'll be allowed? As long as it's legal and worth more than $10, we'll list it! Just send me an email, we can talk.

GIFTING VIA STEAM

Want to add to our huge Steam Game Giveaway? Awesome! Here's how:

1) Add "SolidSaints" to your Steam friends list. I'll be signing on once a day to accept friend requests.
2) Login to www.steamcommunity.com or click on Community in the Steam client
3) Click on Inventory under the Actions portion on the right hand side of your Community page
4) Locate the gift you purchased and added to your inventory
5) Click on "Send Gift..."
6) Choose to send the gift directly through Steam
7) Click on Next
8) Fill out the message box and click on Send!

I Can Offer Something But Can't Send It Until May!

As many people know, the deadline for all items to be received by their winning bidders is APRIL 1ST, 2013. Have an item or service that will require more time? As long as your winning bidder okays it in writing (and lets me know), that's fine. HOWEVER! The winning bidder loses the right to request their money back in the event they never get anything.

I Won An Auction But The Donator Hasn't Contacted Me

Absent donator? No worries - let me know before April 1st, 2013 if you haven't heard back, and you'll get a full refund. If you do not let me know by then, you've given up your moneys to charity. Oh noes, charity!

bid.png

Bidding will open on the www.solidsaints.com website on Friday, February 15th, at 6:00 PM PST. The servers take a bit of a jostling at the beginning due to traffic, so be aware that it may be better to hold off a bit! The person with the highest bid by 6PM (PST) on February 17th wins that item. That person then has 48 hours to pay. If that person fails to pay in that time (or request a new invoice if they are having issues), the win is awarded to the next highest bidder. It is EXTREMELY important that you READ the entire posting before bidding - in some cases we may offer the prize to the top 5 or 10 highest bidders (in the example of "Get Out Of Jail Free" cards or Name Changes.

contact.png

rhia@solidsaints.com

Please do me a favour and do not PM me, if you can avoid it! I want to be able to keep track of the questions!

If you are submitting an item / service, please put the word "Submission" in the subject, and ensure you have a VERY detailed description (I'll edit it down, don't worry) and - WHENEVER POSSIBLE - images.

tube approved.

How You Can Help (Even If You Aren't Bidding or Donating) :

Use these in your sig, and post like a madman! Or, use my signature, and link it to my email. Thank you!

ss_ban2.png
ss_square1.png

We also have a FaceBook page ( https://www.facebook.com/solidsaints ) and a Twitter ( https://twitter.com/solidsaints ) -- know how to use these things to gain traffic and want to help us out? Please email me. I have no clue what I'm doing :)

mully on

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Very tempted to offer up a LP of some kind.

• mullymully Registered User regular
    I still think a custom LP Sims slot would be amazing. Top 10 bidders or so. With Sims 2, because yeah, Sims 3 would blow.

I've been playing Sims 3 with the Battlestar cast. Frustrating.

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Aw yeah
    Never got a chance to show off the lpm painting from last year since the thread closed:
    FKlQe.jpg
    Big thanks to @LewieP's Mummy for putting it up!

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Offering to DM a short 13th Age or D&D 4e campaign via Skype/Google+ Hangout!

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Here are some more ideas of things you can do:

- Don't have a Valentine? Put up an auction to win a romantic care package from you! Maybe you'll send cookies, maybe a drawing of the two of you snuggling, and a love letter for your lovely winner?
    - A Choose Your Own Adventure -- featuring your winning bidder, and their interests!
    - How about a customized fedora? We seem to be in the midst of many a fedora lover.
    - Perfume Advisor. This is a thing that exists, and I know many of you must be great at it; learn your winning bidder's personality, and custom choose a scent for them -- or even mix one up!
    - A mixtape (mixusb? mixFTP?) based on your winning bidders likes.
    - A full RPG game created based on your winning bidder's stories!
    - A nutrition review and menu plan.
    - Be your winning bidder's very own fan; follow them in the forums, laugh at their jokes, comment on how ravishing they're looking that day, etc.
    - Editing - school papers, books, comic scripts - whatever!

Oh the ideas. SO MANY IDEAS.

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Aw crud, I'll be in China when this is going on...

Maybe I can wrangle some bids on the hotel wifi...

Nothing. Matters.
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    yesssss my favorite thread returns

i'm so happy

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    So I was thinking of offering up giant sums of the Albanease Worlds Greatest Gummys as a thing. Is that a thing I can do?

I have no clue what that is - but yes, probably!

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Basically there is a candy factory near me that makes these gummy candies that have won a world wide candy contest the last several years in a row. They are amazing.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Oh damn, I've never really had any disposable income to throw at this. Definitely gonna try and throw some cash at this whole thing this year. Verrrry excited!

• ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be short on cash but have lots of free time and writing a choose your own adventure for someone sounds like a blast. What to do...

I see @bucketman

that's a good point - if your city (or one near you) has something remarkable or hard to get (or even your country!), that can be a greeeeeat thing to auction off
    americans love british (and canadian) candy, for example
    or wacky japanese things

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    I will gaze longingly in to the winners eyes to the music of their choice

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I will gaze longingly in to the winners eyes to the music of their choice

I choose 'I Like To Move It' by Reel 2 Reel.

Just giving you advance warning

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Second most requested song after the 10 hour version of making bacon pancakes

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Aw yeah
    Never got a chance to show off the lpm painting from last year since the thread closed:
    FKlQe.jpg
    Wow @BlueBlue that painting is very blue!
    What game is that from, if any? I can't place it.

I am excited about this starting up again.

steam_sig.png
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    If I could draw better I'd offer art for auction. Sadly as it is I have no talents of value.

I guess I could offer to proofread some stuff. Or help someone make a budget. But I dunno.

Oh well one more reason to make 2013 the year I finally learn to draw good.

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Aw yeah
    FKlQe.jpg
    Wow @BlueBlue that painting is very blue!
    What game is that from, if any? I can't place it.

I am excited about this starting up again.
    It's from Cave Story!
    While the credits roll you get to see a bunch of scenes from the game drawn out:

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Hooray! I got a bunch of stuff last year. While the Steam sale is going on, remember you can gift Steam games to solidsaints!

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    All of my donations will be custom items because I don't have anything ready just yet

But I don't think anyone will mind, right

edited January 2013
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Hooray! I got a bunch of stuff last year. While the Steam sale is going on, remember you can gift Steam games to solidsaints!

Do we need to add it as a friend or is there a particular email we can sent them to?
    Also, man I wish I'd realized there was an actual Steam user. I'd have mentioned it in my plug in the G&T steam thread.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    I'm in! A single A4 painting on canvas board of a character image or scene from wherever, my normal rules apply.

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

Do we need to add it as a friend or is there a particular email we can sent them to?
    Also, man I wish I'd realized there was an actual Steam user. I'd have mentioned it in my plug in the G&T steam thread.

@mully

There is a user, I don't have the link right now though.

I found the user and shot a friend request at it, just didn't know if there was a better way to go about it so you didn't have to deal with a whole bunch friend requests and such just to manage the games.

steam_sig.png
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    Yeah, I might be down to do this thing.

now to figure out how to set up a kissing booth via the internet...

ETqXK.png
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I really want to donate something but I have no idea what. I have zero creative skills beyond some slightly above-average writing ability.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    I have a ton of animes anyone wanna bid on that.

• skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I really want to donate something but I have no idea what. I have zero creative skills beyond some slightly above-average writing ability.

maybe you could do a beauty consultation over skype?
    makeup or fashion help

skettios on
    edited January 2013
    I see @bucketman

that's a good point - if your city (or one near you) has something remarkable or hard to get (or even your country!), that can be a greeeeeat thing to auction off
    americans love british (and canadian) candy, for example
    or wacky japanese things
    M.D. wrote: »
    I have a ton of animes anyone wanna bid on that.

I am sure people would as long as they are in boxes!

Also Steam people -- solidsaints just friended you back, thanks!

mully on
  • ZapRatZapRat Mage of Mind A place apartRegistered User regular
    If @tynic is drawing I'm bidding on it. Her talent and professionalism are most impressive.

CYDUJ.jpg
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    As long as 'professionalism' is code for 'shitty at deadlines', then you're bang on the money.

Also yeah I should be able to throw in a commission this year.

• ZapRatZapRat Mage of Mind A place apartRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    As long as 'professionalism' is code for 'shitty at deadlines', then you're bang on the money.

Also yeah I should be able to throw in a commission this year.
    Well you were a litte late, but I was referring to the back-and-forth creative process that led to the final product.

CYDUJ.jpg
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I don't know if I'll be able to make anything this year.
    I do have a couple games to throw in if we do the pool of steam games again though.

Aaaand the Steam games are starting to pour in! And they aren't even all DOTA2!

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    This is the lovely drawing which Mully made of one of my characters.
    asmallerimageforplatypu.png

man that feels like forever ago
    i guess it was like ... a year ago.

anyway i had another idea:

MINECRAFT SLAVERY.

Vivixenne wrote: »

Auction off coming to PAX again this year and getting really drunk with someone.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    mully wrote: »
    man that feels like forever ago
    i guess it was like ... a year ago.

anyway i had another idea:

MINECRAFT SLAVERY.

holy shit