As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] The most realistic MOBA out there.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    So, my bitching about Riot stealing 85 Elo from me has been put in perspective:

Due to a software issue, this guy started Season 3 at 0 Elo, despite being plat from season 2:
    h5olx.jpg?1

Look at his win/loss compared to Elo.

Edit to add: A plat Twitch in sub-1K games has to be brutally unfun. Back when I was pre-30, I sucked badly at countering Twitch, and even to the extent I was better than other people in my team, they had already fed him.

how did you not feed the old twitch

he was the literal push one button and get pentakills champ

• BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    k0g stream is up.

He frequents this forum and is a solid and fun player to watch. He is currently doing work on riven.

K0g sure is legenDAIRY

Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    BillGates wrote: »
    k0g stream is up.

He frequents this forum and is a solid and fun player to watch. He is currently doing work on riven.

K0g sure is legenDAIRY

Don't have a cow Bill.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
    k0g stream is up.

K0g sure is legenDAIRY

Don't have a cow Bill.

I don't play Alistar, sir.

Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    k0g stream is up.

K0g sure is legenDAIRY

Don't have a cow Bill.

Right, you play Teemo.

:rotate:

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Naphtali wrote: »
    k0g stream is up.

K0g sure is legenDAIRY

Don't have a cow Bill.

Right, you play Teemo.

:rotate:

FFFFFFF...not by choice, goddammit.

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Mahnmut wrote: »
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    APs are not dying out at all. Thing is, while AD casters/assassins are now very strong and work well against AP mids for the most part as counterpicks, there's also the fact that MR is a bit more annoying to come by in S3, with the removal of FoN.

AP champs are not in any way bad now, it's just they're easier to counterpick with your Talons, Pantheons, etc. That being said, you can still play APs into any of these matchups, you just have to change how aggressive you play in some matchups.

You still lose something if you pick somebody like Pantheon for your mid over somebody like Orianna or even a Katarina. You gain lane bullying advantage and lose out hugely in aoe team fight potential and utility.

It's a good thing that AD casters are far more relevant now than they were in S2, but people want to make it out to be like just because AD mids are good now it means AP mids are totally worthless, when it's just not true.

I don't think the bolded is right -- removal of niche FoN is easily outweighed by the addition of ubiquitous Runic Bulwark.

You only get 60 MR if you are the one carrying the bulwark. Bulwark is amazing, and the new Spirit Visage is very nice too, but the people who an AP mid wants to blow up are generally not wearing any MR items, outside of maybe an abyssal on the enemy AP.

People act like AD mid is OP because of the penetration from BC and LW, but watch me build first 3 item sorc shoes/haunting guise/abyssal scepter Katarina and do near true damage to at least 3/5ths of the enemy team for not even that much gold.

Also have to agree about not worrying about split pushers when you're ahead. Like, people always want to go stop the split pusher, and every time I'm like look they just want us to waste time. Just stomp down mid lane and if they want to fight for the tower it's going to be a 5v4. It's so bizarre to me how often people don't want to just do this, the easiest thing there is.

Joshmvii on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    you don't start out with a LW if the enemy team has no armor obviously. you can always buy a second brut

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Been having a lot of fun trying new champions and wacky builds in bot games recently. Dont have to deal with people because fuck it its bots the other people can do whatever they want.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    @Sampsen, I call upon you to make us a new thread, before Echo gets here and tells us to do the same thing!

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    This is how all Malphites should play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxhmskeCZJs

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    @Sampsen, I call upon you to make us a new thread, before Echo gets here and tells us to do the same thing!

You are more than welcome to do it yourself, sir.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    29IkCuC-IRc.jpg

obF2Wuw.png
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    No, no, no no no, no no, NO.

GP/10 quints/yellows are bad, you will never get enough gold out of them to make up for the lost stats. The armor from Armor Quints is nearly a chain vest worth, it will take you 16 minutes from the quints to buy you that chain vest.

I am super drunk but "You will never get enough gold out of GP10 quints to make up for the lost stats" and "You will get enough gold out of them after 16 minutes to make up for the lost stats" seem like fairly contradictory statements

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    With sightstone now in the game its better to have the armor yellows for early trades then the gp/10 yellows, IMO.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    The thing is, remember that at those 16 minutes you are equivalent to the lost stats, and only from that point on are you gaining an advantage (And it's not a straight advantage, it's an advantage at the point where you buy something you couldn't have with that gold earlier). By that point the game could be half over.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Burnage wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »
    No, no, no no no, no no, NO.

GP/10 quints/yellows are bad, you will never get enough gold out of them to make up for the lost stats. The armor from Armor Quints is nearly a chain vest worth, it will take you 16 minutes from the quints to buy you that chain vest.

I am super drunk but "You will never get enough gold out of GP10 quints to make up for the lost stats" and "You will get enough gold out of them after 16 minutes to make up for the lost stats" seem like fairly contradictory statements

The raw gold gain is about 15 minutes to break even. But you have to play the first 15 minutes at a disadvantage for that to happen.

I mean, why don't Mid/Top/Jungle/ADC run GP/10 quints? If they're valuable on a support they're just as valuable on someone who has to scale hard into the lategame right since they help you complete items sooner.

But in order to do that you have to give up your ability to fight the enemy and giving up your ability to fight the enemy means giving up gold for you and giving your opponent gold. Think about every time you almost escape within the first 15 minutes of the game. If you had armor you likely would have survived and denied the enemy 450+ gold (kill+assist gold, not counting any snowball that may cause*). Think about every time you have to go back because you're harassed out of lane, think about every time you're unable to harass someone out of lane.

If you didn't have GP/10's you'd be pushing them out of lane and denying their ADC or not getting pushed out of lane and getting your ADC more gold.

So the raw gain is 15 minutes, but you're never really going to make it up because it only takes a 10 CS swing for your ADC (or you) to make up the difference, and those small advantages will give you that advantage.

*E.G. the other day, i lost a game because my ADC didn't start with a longsword. Vayne started with boots and their Draven started with the longsword. I was taric and we level 1 ambushed roka... She got out with 10 hit points. Then draven kills vayne and when he does so he was at ~50 hit points. Had vayne bought 10 ad we would have a double kill and massive snowball lane. Instead we had the opposite happen.

Edit: Half my fault for not realizing that vayne didn't start damage.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    The idea with gp10 runes is that you're giving up valuable stats for earlier utility purchasing power. You're buying gold with stats so you can spend it on helping your AD out with wards and faster aura items.

Don't use gp10 runes if you plan on fighting a lot or you're planning on hitting super late game.

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    That's assuming that you get your money's worth with the armor quints. That's not necessarily the case for supports, you're gambling that you will be able to accomplish those things, while you get a benefit from gp/10 quints no matter what. However, I would never run gp/10 yellows.

Coinage on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Mine support page is gp/10 yellow and quints armor reds mres per level blues

• MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    eeSanG wrote: »
    The idea with gp10 runes is that you're giving up valuable stats for earlier utility purchasing power. You're buying gold with stats so you can spend it on helping your AD out with wards and faster aura items.

Don't use gp10 runes if you plan on fighting a lot or you're planning on hitting super late game.

That's why I feel bad most of the time when I run them -- bot lane is pretty much the Thunderdome IME.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Xagar wrote: »
    vHD5z.jpg
    Carryin' hard. Our team was way stronger in fights but they had almost killed all our towers. Finally we all went mid due to them all chasing Wukong and won.

But why'd you shit talk the Teemo?

Also, Phantoml0rd's team got DQ'd for taking a sub that wasn't on their roster because their top laner got in a car accident, and their normal subs were unable to make it, AND their captain got banned, making him unable to add another person to the roster.

:(
    1. It's Teemo.
    2. I give advice while being mean at the same time. It's a win-win.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I should probably try armor quints on Taric and Sona, though, I just don't feel like buying them at the moment.

• JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if Vayne starting with a long sword would have won the lane. Draven against Vayne is uh...painful for her. To say the least.

butts
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Yeah to imply all that Vayne needs, as one of the weakest early game carries, to snowball against Draven, the best early game carry, is a long sword is pretty goosey.

But then again that applies to any statement that treats LoL like a turn based board game.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Yeah to imply all that Vayne needs, as one of the weakest early game carries, to snowball against Draven, the best early game carry, is a long sword is pretty goosey.

But then again that applies to any statement that treats LoL like a turn based board game.

No, we had the fight. We would have had a double kill if vayne had a longsword. This is not a "oh we might have won the lane if vayne had a longsword" but "we had a fight and they came out within margin such that the longsword would have won it.

Two kills on vayne with taric vs Draven/Soraka will snowball. Not even draven can straight up fight against a taric and a lane partner when the enemy is ahead of them.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    I learned a lot the last game I played this afternoon. I had never played against a Shaco, Sion, or even a Nami before. Jungling Vi vs. Shaco wasn't very fun, especially because in Season 3 the only person who is supposed to buy wards is the jungler.

Or so I was led to believe.

I think I'm having fun jungling, but maybe it's the Hextech Gauntlets punching things really hard. I'd like to try it in a game where my team would communicate a little better, maybe help with the warding (I'm looking at you, support, mid, and top), and coordinate on ganks.

Is jungle the most fun in league? If so, is there any reason Vi isn't a good jungler? I know there's better, but I think she's enough bruiser to be fun without being constantly banned (Amumu, Shen, etc).

Also I can't wait for a sale on Rune Pages. I guess I can just save up the 6300 IP for a new one so I can have an AD, AP, and Jungle page.

SrUxdlb.jpg
    edited January 2013
    I learned a lot the last game I played this afternoon. I had never played against a Shaco, Sion, or even a Nami before. Jungling Vi vs. Shaco wasn't very fun, especially because in Season 3 the only person who is supposed to buy wards is the jungler.

I think I'm having fun jungling, but maybe it's the Hextech Gauntlets punching things really hard. I'd like to try it in a game where my team would communicate a little better, maybe help with the warding (I'm looking at you, support, mid, and top), and coordinate on ganks.

Is jungle the most fun in league? If so, is there any reason Vi isn't a good jungler? I know there's better, but I think she's enough bruiser to be fun without being constantly banned (Amumu, Shen, etc).

Also I can't wait for a sale on Rune Pages. I guess I can just save up the 6300 IP for a new one so I can have an AD, AP, and Jungle page.

Who on earth told you that? EVERYONE wards, EVERYONE, and in S3 it's common that the map is lit up like a damn Christmas tree at the 3 minute mark.

Vi is a great jungler with fantastic ganks. I've heard she is meh in lane due to her inability to stick to people, but hopefully they fix that, cause she is a ton of fun and I don't jungle.

And as far as I know, there has only been one sale on rune pages ever, and that was Christmas 2011. It would be nice, but I wouldn't count on it any time soon.

Sampsen on
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Non-utility junglers like Yi, Riven, Jax, and Vi need to get kills and farm well to stay relevant. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just something you have to keep in mind; carry jungle is never as safe as cc tank jungle.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Or pony jungle.

just sayin.

steam_sig.png
  • BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Armor over GP/10 is only an advantage if you plan on getting hit by stuff, and that's just not in the gameplan for me personally.

PSN: thewheelz
  • TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    My support page that I run and like is
    Armor reds and yellows, flat mr blues, and GP/10 quints personally.

• Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I should probably try armor quints on Taric and Sona, though, I just don't feel like buying them at the moment.

No and yes respectively. You can get away without armor whatevers for Taric, Sona needs them cuz she's squishy, and not man mode.

Joe K wrote: »

No and yes respectively. You can get away without armor whatevers for Taric, Sona needs them cuz she's squishy, and not man mode.

Also despite getting more gold from hitting champions taric is going to be doing it a lot, lot less.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Sampsen wrote: »

Who on earth told you that? EVERYONE wards, EVERYONE, and in S3 it's common that the map is lit up like a damn Christmas tree at the 3 minute mark.

Vi is a great jungler with fantastic ganks. I've heard she is meh in lane due to her inability to stick to people, but hopefully they fix that, cause she is a ton of fun and I don't jungle.

And as far as I know, there has only been one sale on rune pages ever, and that was Christmas 2011. It would be nice, but I wouldn't count on it any time soon.

Yeah, I know we should all be warding, but repeated reminders to the rest of my team was met with silence. They were happy to bitch at people for getting caught out in ambushes or when the other team kept getting Dragon and Baron, but they relied completely on me to ward anything, anywhere.

I thought I had seen some official post on the forums about how their past sales had gone, and which ones would be returning and which ones wouldn't. Maybe pages were one of the ones that didn't work, I forget now. Anyway, might try Maokai jungle as well, since I have him already.

Tribunal update! I'm right under 90%, with a 4700+ rating, almost 500 toxic days prevented, and 8 players permanently banned. I also have two cases that have been "Pending" for around a week now. Wonder if it's another case of pro players possibly being permanently panned. Er, banned.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    For my supports I've actually changed over to movespeed quints.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • redxxiiredxxii Persona Non Grata Registered User regular
    I'd like to apologize to my teammates, who I let down. To my family, who I disappointing, and to Baron Nashor, who's buff I threw aside.

Serious bad games tonight, just got out-played and ganked at every attempt to farm. Think I need to work on my decision making skills or something.

LoL: Handweasel
    Sampsen wrote: »

Yeah, I know we should all be warding, but repeated reminders to the rest of my team was met with silence. They were happy to bitch at people for getting caught out in ambushes or when the other team kept getting Dragon and Baron, but they relied completely on me to ward anything, anywhere.

I thought I had seen some official post on the forums about how their past sales had gone, and which ones would be returning and which ones wouldn't. Maybe pages were one of the ones that didn't work, I forget now. Anyway, might try Maokai jungle as well, since I have him already.

Tribunal update! I'm right under 90%, with a 4700+ rating, almost 500 toxic days prevented, and 8 players permanently banned. I also have two cases that have been "Pending" for around a week now. Wonder if it's another case of pro players possibly being permanently panned. Er, banned.

Just remember that not every game is winnable and that you can mute people. Seriously, mute anyone you even think will start to bitch and moan at you, you don't need that.

As you level (you're sub-30 right? I have trouble keeping track sometimes) and get better at the game, you'll see teams like that less and less.

Yep, sub-30. I know I wasn't perfect either, it was my first non-bot jungling attempt. Also, we didn't have an ADC, they started 2 top, 1 mid, 1 bot, then had the lanes be incredibly... fluid, I want to say. Other than our Katarina in mid, who I felt really really bad for. Well, almost. I would have if she bought any wards. She did great in 1v1, great in team fights, just great all around, but her shoulders were not strong enough for the rest of us.

Also, I can't figure how to mute players. Anytime I try to type the command, it just says there is no such player in the game. If they have a space in their name, do I need to put quotes around it?

SrUxdlb.jpg
    Much simpler than that. Just press tab and click on the little speech bubble beside their creep score (not 100% of the location, but it's there).

This discussion has been closed.