As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Call of Duty] Free K-9 Unit w/purchase of a Care Package!* (YMMV)

1939495969799»

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Some people use them. Most of us don't.

It's supposed to work pretty good nowadays.

Also, it's cheating.

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Also, it's cheating.

Yeah, acidboogie!

And that attitude about "I would be unstoppable!" is shitty.

Anyway, I wonder if the gun in the new DLC will be usable in non-DLC playlists. I'm a pessimist so I'm betting it won't be, but I hope I'm proven wrong.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    rorr wrote: »

I think it works well, even with all my wallbanging and prefire I never see people with higher accuracy than me

Where are you seeing your accuracy at? You know, that stat that isn't actually recorded in this game.

I don't recall seeing an overall accuracy stat, but there are per-weapon accuracies listed in the weapons section of the combat record.

• Options
    Yes

• Options
    hjparcinshjparcins Registered User regular
    Oh it's definitely a form of cheating. No argument there.
    And that attitude about "I would be unstoppable!" is shitty.

I guess so, but it's entirely accurate. A controller is 9 times out of 10 more comfortable than KBAM, so the only reason to go through the trouble of jacking in a KBAM setup is to wreck fools with superior mouse control.

So is it really as responsive as a mouse on PC? I'm a long range fighter usually - the pinpoint accuracy of a mouse would really be rad. Honestly, if it's that good, it really makes me wonder how many of these badass YouTube dudes are rolling with it and just brutalizing console controller guys for their vids.

• Options
    rorrrorr Registered User regular

I think it works well, even with all my wallbanging and prefire I never see people with higher accuracy than me

Where are you seeing your accuracy at? You know, that stat that isn't actually recorded in this game.

There's accuracy for each gun, it's not too difficult to aggregate them. I guess that's too much for you?

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Yeah I decided I should finally link my XBL tag back to elite so I can somewhat easily view stats, if whichever one of you is handling things gets around to logging in to check the group status and accepts it that would be swell.

Also I have a 1.98 KDR with the LSAT with a 15% accuracy rating. Stat tracking is borked, I have a 4% accuracy with it.

iRevert on
  • Options
    Does Black Ops 2 have the Elite clan challenges? I completely forgot about those.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    iRevert on
  • Options
    iRevert wrote: »
    Yeah I decided I should finally link my XBL tag back to elite so I can somewhat easily view stats, if whichever one of you is handling things gets around to logging in to check the group status and accepts it that would be swell.

Also I have a 1.98 KDR with the LSAT with a 15% accuracy rating. Stat tracking is borked, I have a 4% accuracy with it.

Yeah, it seems when there's a host migration the rest of the game isn't tracked on elite...or something

• Options
    Or in theater mode either.

• Options
    SecretagentmanSecretagentman Registered User regular
    Dashui wrote: »
    Nocren wrote: »
    What's the consensus on the M27?

Best gun in the game.

I must be doing it very wrong, because the M27 seems to lose me gunfights on a regular basis. Maybe it's the lag, but the bullets just seem to do nothing more than be hitmarker bait.

Then again, I was having games last night where all my guns where shooting marshmallows and I was getting consistently 1-hit-uMadBro? from the 870 from far, far away.

PSN: matter_ic
    Professional forum lurker
  • Options

There's accuracy for each gun, it's not too difficult to aggregate them. I guess that's too much for you?

Seeing as how 'aggregating' a bunch of percentages can only give you a completely false idea of someones accuracy, so, yes, it is 'too much' for me.

• Options
    edited January 2013

Seeing as how 'aggregating' a bunch of percentages can only give you a completely false idea of someones accuracy, so, yes, it is 'too much' for me.

You really don't want to argue this with me. Obviously you can look at the number of kills and calculate a weighted average, look at the most used guns, and make some inferences from there. So, yes, too much for you. Stop being inflamatory

rorr on
  • Options
    That isn't how math works, no.

• Options
    I mean, if you want to say "Just look at a few guns, then make up whatever you want to about a persons total accuracy" than, yeah. You can do exactly that. But I mean, I already said its easy to come up with a completely false idea of someones accuracy, so....

• Options
    I mean, if you want to say "Just look at a few guns, then make up whatever you want to about a persons total accuracy" than, yeah. You can do exactly that. But I mean, I already said its easy to come up with a completely false idea of someones accuracy, so....

I'm really confused how you're struggling with obtaining a reasonable assessment of someone's accuracy, but feel free to PM me if you'd like some help--I'd rather not spam this thread

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    My BLOPS1 accuracy average was horrifically skewed in the positive direction because I used shotguns and semi-auto weapons so much more often than the full-auto high RoF ones. Specifically, shotguns with ~70% hit rates and handguns/FAL/M14 with ~40% hit rates. My overall accuracy was nearly 30%, which makes me look like either an aimbot or an asshole.

This wasn't for lack of sample size, either. I was 15th prestige.

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps_r0ZNPoOQ

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013

I'm really confused how you're struggling with obtaining a reasonable assessment of someone's accuracy, but feel free to PM me if you'd like some help--I'd rather not spam this thread

tumblr_mdd46e5AAV1qmy8hdo1_500.gif

iRevert on
  • Options
    I'm really confused how you think you can come up with a percentage while knowing neither the number of shots fired nor the number of shots that hit.

You know, literally the only two numbers that would give you an accuracy stat.

So my accuracy is 100% with my 870, and 50% with my SVU. My SVU has 3 kills and my 870 has two kills. What is my total accuracy? Don't read the spoiler until you 'aggregate' these numbers and come up with an answer for me.

I mean, I fire ten shots, get ten hit markers with a shotgun, and walk away with two kills, then switch to my SVU fire 6 shots, get 3 hit markers and get another 3 kills. Did you guess 81%? Cause I mean, going with the above info, it would be a complete shot in the dark guess. Using the actual numbers, you can get an actual stat instead of just making things up.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Sadly I'm with brutle on this, number of hits does not equal kills or vice versa, it is very hard to even get a weighted average off of those figures.

I have 38 kills with a crossbow and 182 hits with it, please feel free to establish my accuracy based off these figures.

Alternatively I have 15 kills with the XPR-50 and only 8 shots fired with it.

iRevert on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

You can't figure out somebody's accuracy that way. The math on that isn't even close to working for a real number.

• Options
    My BLOPS1 accuracy average was horrifically skewed in the positive direction because I used shotguns and semi-auto weapons so much more often than the full-auto high RoF ones. Specifically, shotguns with ~70% hit rates and handguns/FAL/M14 with ~40% hit rates. My overall accuracy was nearly 30%, which makes me look like either an aimbot or an asshole.

Also:

That is an absolute headache.

• Options

Also:

Focus on the dot, the dot never shifts and you only have a curved line that is added. Besides you can just macro it and hit MB6 or something to do it automatically for you.

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular

Also:

Focus on the dot, the dot never shifts and you only have a curved line that is added. Besides you can just macro it and hit MB6 or something to do it automatically for you.

huehuehue bindon aiming concept

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options

Also:

huehuehue bindon aiming concept

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpGSKKgWWks&feature=player_embedded

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Yes.

That.

Literally every ACOG and red dot in cowerdooder.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    I'm quite aware though most people in here have no idea what that was, thus me posting that.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    So I'm going to head out to the gym and will be on later tonight (~9pm or so PST) to shoot mans. Some of you better be on!

Also, I'll make the new thread if no one else does it while I'm gone. Get your DSR-50 out and snipe me!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    So I'm going to head out to the gym and will be on later tonight (~9pm or so PST) to shoot mans. Some of you better be on!

Also, I'll make the new thread if no one else does it while I'm gone. Get your DSR-50 out and snipe me!

I'll be on in about 45 minutes.

Keep in mind everyday is a leg day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OlA1xjI0Wk

• Options
    MoogleofdoomMoogleofdoom Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I also forgot that a new phrase was coined today: an "image".

Example: "Damn, I just laid down an image." or "That hellstorm just got me a sweet image!"

An image is when you get three kills in a row, via any means, also referred to as a "3-piece" on tryhard youtube videos. Our version is in honor of Image84 asking for positive reassurance today. We obliged by complimenting every damn thing he did and dropping Image bombs on all multikills.

PA community = the best, and often times most abusive, community.

Wait, what? Have you been calling me "Image" for the last week? My gamertag is Mirage84!

I may need more positive reinforcement after this...

Sometimes magic sounds like tape, Robert.
    xbl: Mirage84
  • Options
    fearsomepiratefearsomepirate I ate a pickle once. Registered User regular
    I have almost golded the MP7. Bloodthirstys are taking me forever because I seem to be entirely unable to get 5 kills without dying. Revenge didn't take long because I die constantly. If I go 36-18 in a match, it's because I got two kills and died 18 times in a row.

I've got to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I used to be able to consistently get the 7-streak in MW1 and WaW, but beginning in BlOps1, I seem unable to survive more than about 10 seconds before either getting shot in the back by the guy camping that little spot I just ran by, or getting blasted in the face by the guy who's running around the corner I'm about to run around.

I could blame my connection (consistently 3 bars, so if I try to ambush someone at a door, he just walks up to me and calmly blasts me in the face while the killcam insists I never even reacted), but sometimes I manage to pull out a good game.

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood...nobody.
    PSN ID: fearsomepirate