As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Phalla Arcade Expo: MAFIA VICTORY (Also B:L and Langly)

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I wanted to play in Ardor's insanity, but there's no way because of this. :(

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Well if I don't get Day 1'd for being a thrall that achieved nethead, I could step out if DA finds the time to play.

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Has someone called @TheLawinator yet?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    !Sign up!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    @MrTLicious didn't sign up?!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd we're done.

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    thorgot wrote: »
    Singing up.
    The hills are alive with the sound of Phaaaaaaallaaaaaa

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    hey Locus is still alive :mrgreen:
    Alive and lurking... always lurking...

• Options
    edited January 2013
    PMs going out now.

For my sanity, please do not comment on them or ask for clarifications on them until either a day 0 narration or a placeholder for the same is posted.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    YOUR FLESH SUSTAINS ME

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Puny flesh creature.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Obviously Fiaryn just received his role PM.

He is Fiaryn.

Or is it FIARYN?

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Well if I don't get Day 1'd for being a thrall that achieved nethead, I could step out if DA finds the time to play.

The offer is appreciated but there is practically no chance of that happening. I'll just steal moments to watch the awesomeness without having to worry about playing well.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    Thorgot!!!! <3<3<3<3

hi!

campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Day 0: The Experiment Begins

The room was oddly quiet. It was one of those things where everybody knows that they know everybody else, but that’s all on the computer and this was real life. And what if people are really weird in real life? Weirder than online? Everybody was milling around and it looked like everybody was going to be super duper uncomfortable when Tarranon stepped up onto the small stage.

“Hellllllo Phallateers. My goodness. You are all quite different than what I expected. Right, so here is the situation. Each of those chairs there are attached to a virtual reality simulator that I’ve been working on over the last four years. If everybody could just climb into one, yes. That’s good. Once you put your helmets on and get yourselves strapped in, the fun can begin.

“What is going to happen is simple. Your physical bodies are all going to go into a deep and dull sleep which will be continually monitored by myself and my assistants back here. What happens in the world that you are going into is something completely different. During the booting up process you will be given the identity of one of your fellow players, as well as something that reflects who they are within our own little game world. Upon awakening in the other world, you will have completely assumed that role and persona. Try to not let this freak you out. And for those of you lucky ones who end up as one of our favourite ladies, please try to not spend too long playing with your own breasts. They’re not as real as you want them to be.

“ Essentially what is going to happen is you are all going to be placed into a virtual village, and there are members of the Mafia in all of their different forms scattered amongst you. There are also others with additional and possibly similar goals amongst you as well. And at this point, you all know the name of the game. For the Village, get rid of the mafia and live happily ever after. For the Mafia, take over the world, outnumber the village and be prosperous and evil.

“Everybody clear? Yes? Excellent. We will boot up the system then and get started!”

Tarranon climbed down from the stage, nodded to his assistants and the room went black. The machines booted up and they brought a faint blue glow to everything around them, and a collective gasp filled the air as the participants were plunged into darkness and a new life.

It was a beautiful day in the Village and everybody was gathering in the marketplace as they always do in order to exchange services such as bread and eggs and cheese and cloth. A good old fashioned marketplace. Everything was on barter and nothing was handled with money or cash. You trusted your neighbours completely and even left your doors unlocked. But this morning was slightly different. As the gentleman smoothed out the waistcoats and adjusted their cravats and the ladies fiddled with their hats and readjusted their bosoms, a scream ripped through the marketplace.

Everybody turned to look and there, hanging from the Village’s eldest tree were the bodies of two of the founding members of the village. Ardor the Librarian and Hylianbunny the Fletcher. They had been bound together and left dangling high above the market, with a sign hanging from their ankles. “Some Nice People You Got In This Here Town. Be A Shame If Something Happened To Them.”

The sign was written in a childlike scrawl in some red paint, it was obviously not blood, and it was simply signed “The Mafia”

Well, the people of Wangshire knew what to do. It wasn’t the first time they’d been threatened. This was almost their whole reason for existing. To remove the mafia everytime it came up. Veterans and new recruits the lot of them, they did not even stop to pause, just gathered around in the town square to discuss the next step. It was time to play Phalla.

PMs are out. I think. If you did not get a role PM, PM me. I think I got them all, but it was 50 of them. That's a lot of PMs!

Day 1 has begun, it will end at 11 PM EST Monday. Or in 26+ hours.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Clarifications already requested:

1) The "playstyle" section of the role PM is not game relevant. If you have a post condition, it will be listed under "abilities." If you would like to role play and are not familiar with your player, this is a rough guide and/or justification for your ability, whatever it may be. Flavor is fun.

2) If it looks like we're trying to tell you you're masoned with someone, the names are those in the player list, not the names of the role you are masoned with.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Alright, which son of a bitch got the Maximus role so I can day 1 vote them to hell?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Jdark confirmed village.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    or thrall

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    or vig

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Jdark is village because he's hiding behind a bush, and bushes represent Nature, and Nature is inherently good

so

Q.E.D

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    OK, first thing we need to do is figure out whoever got the role of me and kill them dead.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    No, right Jdark, let's just be obtuse and post images. That will really help the village.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    It look like, a tough case to crack
    but I hate to see good friends fight
    so I decide to take the case

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    CesareB wrote: »
    No, right Jdark, let's just be obtuse and post images. That will really help the village.

It actually would, seeing as it led to a pretty strong village victory before.

Who are you to say otherwise?

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    jdark got the B:L role?

• Options
    B:L wrote: »

I'm sure lots of dumb ideas ended up working because other, smarter people figured out what was going on. Doesn't make them any better.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Anialos wrote: »
    jdark got the B:L role?

if some people are unfamiliar with All-Stars, it was actually the "Burnage" role that was a thrall-vig as played by B:L. :whistle:

Egos on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    jdark

Because keeping B:L around has never ended well for me.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

Is MacSpectre on the case?

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular

Theesh soundsh rethart rord.

• Options
    eithart rord*

• Options

I'm sure lots of dumb ideas ended up working because other, smarter people figured out what was going on. Doesn't make them any better.

I certainly don't see any smarter people than B:L.

Or are you proclaiming yourself to be smarter than everyone, !CesareB? Because if you're so smart, then why haven't you provided anything useful so far?

• Options
    Osh fuck it.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    hi alegis

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

Is MacSpectre on the case?

stealing my thunder ;-)

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    69f4eo.gif

• Options
    edited January 2013
    shalmelo wrote: »
    OK, first thing we need to do is figure out whoever got the role of me and kill them dead.

It wouldn't surprise me if they made my role mafia because of the bizarro-ness in Ahava's last game.

edit: If I was included.

Egos on
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    69f4eo.gif

Because if they didn't do that the first time, they're sure as hell likely to do it the second?

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna