As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect 3] Operation HEARTBREAKER. Feb 15th-17th. Ban(she)e's a maneater.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Yeah, it will.

I tend to take level 4 in CLoak (damage), 4 in Fitness (health), then max out everything else. Maximum damage/headshot for the passive, and all damage all day on Homing Grenades.

For Recon Mine I take Radius, Damage, and Invasive Scan.

Widow will work fine, but - do you have a Claymore? Or a Piranha? Reload cancelled Claymore just feels so good, dog

dN0T6ur.png
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I don't like shotguns in this game, things never die when I use them.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    which ones are you using

the commons, uncommons, and disciple are all bad and should feel bad

the rest are pretty ace

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Want to snipe? Spec cloak for damage and sniper damage, recon mine for radius and invasive scan, and the passive for maximum weapon damage. How you want to spec out grenades and fitness is up to you. Keep in mind, drell have base shields of 250, so fitness is only worthwhile if you want the movement speed bonuses.

Lets see.

I unlocked the lighter weight 3 shot one that felt like shit.

Then there was the scimitar I think that fired faster.

Also shit.

I have an aversion to any gun class best used where the enemy instantly murder my shield.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Quarian Female Infiltrator is secretly pretty great.

those are the katana and scimitar and they are very bad

the geth plasma shotgun was the original Broken Gun, the graal is the same thing but even cooler, the claymore is the the most powerful weapon in the game (I think it outpowers the javelin?), the pirahna was completely broken when it came out, and nerfed back to Really Good, the Reegar Carbine is kind of a shotgun e.z. mode and inexplicably never seriously nerfed, the wraith is lightweight and punchy, and the talon, an honorary shotgun, has been buffed and buffed and buffed once more because why not

Dragkonias wrote: »
    i'm curious

sabotage is sabotage and i don't think i've ever heard anyone talk up sticky grenades

All these wonderful things I don't have D:

Game, if you let me just BUY a pack of stuff I want for a fiver done, dusted, fuck a tenner for some neat guns and the classes I want.

Fucking boosters D:

do you have the eviscerator yet? it doesn't compare to the rares i mentioned, but it's a fair cut above the non-rares

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Elendil wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    i'm curious

sabotage is sabotage and i don't think i've ever heard anyone talk up sticky grenades

Sabotage is a lot better than people give it credit for, at least the backfire tree the hack tree needs some work. Especially on QFI who gets the cloak damage bonus.

If you spec her for weapon damage bonuses, give her a high damage weapon like the Claymore, and go for backfire on Sabotage, she can pretty much stun and kill any enemy with low to average hp levels in one shot even on Gold. Enemies that aren't killed by Cloak-Claymore will more than likely die from the damage done by Cloak+Sabotage.

Also, Sticky grenades have been seriously buffed in the last few months to the point that they are probably one of the best anti-armor abilities in the game, allowing her to handedly deal with the enemies she can't just flat out kill with the Cloak-Sabotage-Shoot combo.

So, pretty good.

Dragkonias on

Shut yo' mouth

The Claymore is the shotgun equivalent to the Widow

They will die when you fire that shit from Cloak

dN0T6ur.png
    edited January 2013
    Also. One of the convenient things of using a shotgun over a sniper rifle on Infiltrator is that you only have to put 4 points in cloak.

I mean you only have to put 4 points into it if you use a sniper rifle to but why would you do that when you could put all 6 into it for moar damage.

One of the reasons all my infiltrators who use Sniper rifles have 0 in fitness while all the ones who use Shotguns have 4(except for the Shadow who has six).

Dragkonias on
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    cover

what is this cover you speak of

What classes that aren't sentinel or Vanguard use.

You know, those chest high walls that get in the way of manlier classes charges?

Yeah, thems my peeps.

Ohhhh.

Also, in response to an earlier question, Arrival is a DLC. It's a set up mission for ME3 and it is...

a bit on the difficult side.

On my VanSan run, it had the only fight I never got around to beating.
    Object Rho, man. If it wasn't for the long leadup cutscene and the glitches, maybe. As is? No.

gotta have QUADS OF STEEL :twisted:

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I never felt manlier than when I beat Object Rho on Insanity with my Vanguard.

Well, maybe the time when I used a Sentinel. It wasn't as difficult, but fuck that salarian charging noise. Gotta wade in there like a krogan and use nothing but armor, fists, and shotguns to get through the fight.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    You know, this is a long time coming, but seriously, who the fuck made the decision to tie shields/health to race instead of class? Why is a Krogan Adept so much better at being a front-line monster than a human Soldier? Why are there Vanguards that have literally 4x the effective HP of others in its class? You'd think that battlefield role would play a lot more into what kind of equipment someone would have. Like Soldiers, as front-line fighters, you'd think would all have basically the same kind of kinetic barrier, whereas Adepts you'd think would be more lightly armored, as having to burn calories moving around in a heavy suit - calories that should go towards their biotics - would be counter-productive.

You'd think that there would be a shield/health baseline per class, a value that humans get, and the aliens get a modifier based on that value. But no, we get 'sneaky' infiltrators that have the same HP - or sometimes 2-3x that - of dudes expected to tank enemies with their faces. Because that makes fucking sense.

(Sorry, I just had a frustrating match with a Human Soldier after tons of fun with my Krogan Adept and I needed to vent.)

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    edited January 2013
    Umm...

On the health side of things it makes sense of HP to be tied to race.

As for shields I would think that would moreso be tied to the quality of armor.

But even then Krogan would still win out since they could probably wear the heaviest stuff.

That said I don't make to big of a deal about it because its usually for the sake of gameplay.

I mean if anything Krogan should regen health by default.

Really, I would say the only place it bugs me in MP is that I believe that like you said, Human Soldier and Human Vanguard shield value should be a bit higher by default but otherwise...not so much.

Dragkonias on
    If we go by lore, krogans should have vorcha bloodlust-style regeneration, and be able to regenerate after they've been downed unless sync-killed...which might just be a little gamebreaking. :D

They should also be able to instantly proc Rage once their HP reaches a certain threshold.

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    don't you think you should be getting angry, grunt?

that's my secret

i'm ALWAYS KROOGANNNNNN

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    Man even when they're sync killed they should be able to get back up

The only real danger to krogan should be getting shot at by like half a dozen marauders or just slugging it out with a brute

dN0T6ur.png
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Man even when they're sync killed they should be able to get back up

The only real danger to krogan should be getting shot at by like half a dozen marauders or just slugging it out with a brute

When a Banshee rips out a krogan's spine, it's ok

they still have the backup liquid nervous system

• FinalSoundwaveFinalSoundwave Registered User regular
    Bunny, you make me sad saying such hurtful things about my beloved shotguns. My first thought when speccing a class is what shotgun could I use and do I need a choke. Unless I'm a Turian Ghost, then screw that shotgun noise.

XBL: Final Soundwave
    edited January 2013
    gold geth

i'm on fire

my team goes down and i clutch the wave like i never clutched before

get a message when i'm almost done

yeaaaaah, i'm gonna get some kudos

don't have time to read it because i'm too busy being a boss

finish out the wave

read it

"lose on purpose plz ig2g"

half my team suicides as soon as the next wave starts

Elendil on
    incidentally this message was written by a volus vanguard who contributed roughly what one comes to expect from a pub volus

(nothing)

Orca wrote: »
    If we go by lore, krogans should have vorcha bloodlust-style regeneration, and be able to regenerate after they've been downed unless sync-killed...which might just be a little gamebreaking. :D

I think the most amusing thing for me was when ME2 when I did the Grunt mission and didn't bring anyone with inferno ammo.

I was like "Man...I never knew Krogan took this much to kill."

You poor xbox people

I've found pub voluses either topping the score charts with recon mines or healing like a raid-specced human priest in vanilla wow

the really good ones somehow manage to do both

edited January 2013
    Orca wrote: »
    You poor xbox people

I've found pub voluses either topping the score charts with recon mines or healing like a raid-specced human priest in vanilla wow

the really good ones somehow manage to do both
    i swear to god most of the volus i've run into don't spec shield boost

i never see them use it

edit: this was one of those dudes where he bleeds out and suddenly the whole wave goes smoothly

Elendil on
    I will say that the only Volus class I've ever seen top scoreboards is the Engineer and that's mainly because of how abusable Recon Mine is.

That said I've found most of my Volus experiences to be 50/50. Either they're competent or at least they stick to the healing roll. Or they don't heal at all and constantly run off and get themselves killed.

anyway i also ran a quick silver to try out the collector rifle and raider

my thoughts on both: eh, not bad

raider's a bit awkward to use for my tastes but did excellent damage when i got a solid hit with it

I miss when the Destroyer's mag boosting ability was over 50%.

I like being able to shoot the Raider 3 times.

• TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    I don't recommend playing a no points in finess vorcha soldier after playing 4 rounds as various krogans all specced for health and damage reduction.

my teammates must have thought I was fucking terrible. I went down in wave 1 on silver (though to be fair I was triple shot by a single geth rocket trooper). still topped the scoreboard though. flamer is a retarded awesome power.

PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
    i just played a round as a vorcha

scions trip me up so bad

you can walk through so much shit, but i have to remember that scions. will. fucking. kill you.

I really want a krogan who is basically Grunt. Not named Grunt, but he has Grunt's power set.

Fortification, Bloodlust, Concussive Shot, Krogan Passive, and Rage.

Just

Punch everything

dN0T6ur.png
    Bloodlust and Rage

why would you even need Fortification

do you want the bullets to slink away with their casings between their legs after hitting you or what

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Man.

I just reinstalled ME1 to do a full completist play through of the series.

The RP elements are OK. But combat? I'm setting this to easy, not because it's hard, but because it's just so annoyingly bad.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    Yay I unlocked the Turian soldier, and I already had the Revenant so much dakka. Had some fun with the Striker on my human soldier too.

Oh btw, what's the pistol Nyrene is using in the Omega trailer? It looks awesome.

• Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular

Give it time.

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    cover

what is this cover you speak of

It's something that lesser mortals require to survive. It's quite cute how they cling to physical barriers in order to continue living.

The Pantheon of Vangods take pity on lesser beings.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.