As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All shall [chat] me and despair!

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    how fast can someone beat mario rpg!?!?!? that has to take so long

• Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013

Mario RPG up next

Tuned in and immediately saw someone just run right out a window, then the Die Hard stuff was over. Oh, well.

Edit: While it was on, it looked like someone was piloting Link's boomerang around an empty Pac-Man level.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    how fast can someone beat mario rpg!?!?!? that has to take so long

Estimate: 3 hours and 10 minutes, apparently.

Guess there are some crazy sequence breaks?

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

Mario RPG up next

Tuned in and immediately saw someone just run right out a window, then the Die Hard stuff was over. Oh, well.

he died on the last boss so he went for a frame perfect instant bad ending loss as a followup

you can lose that quick in the game

it was a joke

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

Ugh this chat is going to be rough, people are so fucking crass towards trans people

is the guy playing trans?

Cygher is fucking godlike at this if you have the time I suggest watching the whole thing

he died on the last boss so he went for a frame perfect instant bad ending loss as a followup

you can lose that quick in the game

it was a joke

Ah, now I get it. TY.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
    god i want to play super mario rpg

is the guy playing trans?

Well not playing but commenting yeah, that's Withelde

Ugh this chat is going to be rough, people are so fucking crass towards trans people

This is why there is a hide chat button :D

i always hide twitch chat unless i'm watching friends play magic

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    I don't understand how the rest of the people in that room manage to stay awake.

Maybe I'll put that on to fall asleep to tonight.

Thanatos wrote: »
    I don't understand how the rest of the people in that room manage to stay awake.

I have it on in the background, basically, I can't imagine actually just sitting in a room watching though.

edited January 2013
    Thanatos wrote: »

No doubt its the hype also people come and go all the time, they are at a hotel and I bet there are tons of games/socializing going on in other peoples rooms.

But Im also the guy who regularly watches 4.5 hour Wind Waker runs or 10 hour FF9 runs.

bloodyroarxx on
    it's fun to watch if there with friends

basically our sports

it's fun to watch if there with friends

basically our sports

#esports

I am excited to go back to work tomorrow :D

This break was really nice but, I have had my fill of it.

Yay, Oglaf is back! Newest one is very much NSFW, as a heads up.

Inquisitor wrote: »
    Yay, Oglaf is back! Newest one is very much NSFW, as a heads up.

the faces are great

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I am excited to go back to work tomorrow :D

This break was really nice but, I have had my fill of it.

I'm feeling the same way about my break from school. Gonna be good to start again.

ftOqU21.png
    I wish I had breakfast in my apartment. Hm. I do have time to buy some before school.

Also, my place is a bloody mess. Gonna clean it up good.

ftOqU21.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I am annoyed with myself for not starting the install of Darksiders 2 earlier today

Abdhyius wrote: »
    I wish I had breakfast in my apartment. Hm. I do have time to buy some before school.

Lately, I've just been picking up a quarter-gallon of skim milk and a $1 cup of dry Special K at a convenience store on my way to work. Not only hits the spot, it gives me milk for coffee the rest of the morning. Beats the shit out of McD's/Jack in the Box.

Lately, I've just been picking up a quarter-gallon of skim milk and a $1 cup of dry Special K at a convenience store on my way to work. Not only hits the spot, it gives me milk for coffee the rest of the morning. Beats the shit out of McD's/Jack in the Box.

I don't think I have something like that beetween here and school.

Also why do you put skim milk in coffee

y u do dis

ftOqU21.png
    I am annoyed with myself for not starting the install of Darksiders 2 earlier today

don't expect too much from it :(

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    What does one do with summer sausage

Do I eat it like a salami, do I cook it a little

this is entirely new to me

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, I'm going to go down to the store tomorrow and see if they need shifts covered. Problem is it's already after the holidays, they probably could have really used me two weeks ago when everyone wants some vaca but I was too busy making pies for sport.

In other news, finally bookmarking reddit was such a bad idea.
    Oh dude fuckin' Chrome is

Like I love it but

Having immediate access to forums or reddit when I open a new tab is like death for productivity

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

Put it on a cracker with cheese.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Sounds delicious

I will acquire crackers

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Abdhy, do you recognise the TV show this was done for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PBISfxoORj0

Tav

Trygdekontoret, which is Thomas Seltzer's (of Turbonegro) strange sort of talkshow

EDIT: a yt comment explaining it:

ToBeVerified for 2 måneder siden
    [...] The TV show is a somewhat satirical debate and talkshow (with a bureaucracy theme, hence the archives and such). It's a rather popular and much loved show that many young people (16-35) watch. The show probably gathers very few straight pop music fans. [...]

@Abdhyius

Ah, thanks. I saw the comment but was wondering as to how true it was. Such a bizarre video.

edited January 2013
    Also why do you put skim milk in coffee

y u do dis

Because to my palate, skim milk isn't all that different from 2%. And whole milk is just not an option, since I'm all about a sustainable diet that won't turn me into a balloon these days.
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Or cut the summer sausage and the cheese into cubes, and enjoy them together, sans crackers. There's no wrong way. But don't ever feel obligated to cook something that's already been smoked.

Zoku Gojira on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2013
    @simonwolf jewcar is correct. Summer sausage is meant to keep in hot weather so it requires no cooking or anything. If you're feeling really decadent, you can just straight-up gnaw on the thing, but it goes particularly well with cheese, crackers, and some sort of boozy beverage.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    Fantastic, I will have a delicious evening of cheese, crackers, and elk sausage

edited January 2013
    Fantastic, I will have a delicious evening of cheese, crackers, and elk sausage

You didn't let on that it's elk sausage.

The best way to enjoy elk sausage is to overnight it to a friend/casual acquaintance/complete stranger on an internet forum.

Zoku Gojira on
    Abdhy, do you recognise the TV show this was done for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PBISfxoORj0

Tav

Trygdekontoret, which is Thomas Seltzer's (of Turbonegro) strange sort of talkshow

EDIT: a yt comment explaining it:

ToBeVerified for 2 måneder siden
    [...] The TV show is a somewhat satirical debate and talkshow (with a bureaucracy theme, hence the archives and such). It's a rather popular and much loved show that many young people (16-35) watch. The show probably gathers very few straight pop music fans. [...]

@Abdhyius

Ah, thanks. I saw the comment but was wondering as to how true it was. Such a bizarre video.

The show is generally pretty kind of weird. Seltzer is a strange man.

ftOqU21.png
    elk sausage you eat out while out in the woods.

ftOqU21.png
    also fair enough re: coffee. I prefer it without milk anyway.

ftOqU21.png
    edited January 2013
    also fair enough re: coffee. I prefer it without milk anyway.

Normally I'm the same way, but occasionally my stomach decides to be a whiny little bitch, and if I drink black coffee in the morning, I won't hear the end of it until lunchtime. So I lull it into a false sense of security by adding milk, then put it in its damned place with a vindaloo around noon.

Edit: or some chicken teriyaki with sriracha applied liberally as a dipping sauce. IMO, spicy food is humanity's way of reminding ourselves that we're no longer hunter-gatherers eating whatever shit happens along.

Zoku Gojira on
    That feeling when you muck up the spelling of a word so bad that even spell check goes "lol not touching that bro"

This discussion has been closed.