As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All shall [chat] me and despair!

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Jessica Nigri the girl who did the official Lollypop Chainsaw cosplay did an Assassins Creed (not official) one.

NSFW

http://imgur.com/a/2dTdB

dont see why she needed to show off her midriff and push her tits up like that.

I think it is involved with having quite the midriff to show off.

This reddit comment sums it up well enough for me
    While I feel that women do not deserve to be shamed for their bodies or for flaunting their bodies or owning and profiting from their own security in their sexuality, I do feel like cutting away parts of a costume to expose cleavage and/or midriff ruins the costume that a wearer is recreating. There are sexy costumes and sexy and empowered characters to recreate, but it just comes off as disingenuous to take a character and transform it into the "sexy" version.

I am a female cosplayer. I have cosplayed a female AC3 character with great success and was covered from neck to ankle. I have cosplayed scantily clad characters with cleavage, legs and midriff showing as well. If you want to be a sexy image, choose a costume that's appropriate to that feeling and leave the non-sexualized costumes be.

Cutting away parts of a costume really just diminishes the effect in exchange for attention from masses who, most likely, don't really care about costume construction or screen accuracy.

tl;dr she wants to do sexy cosplay a sexy character, don't start cutting away fabric to make a "sexy" version of someone

I don't give a shit about accuracy, really. If you want to make a sexy version of a character then go ahead. Why not?

Back in the day DMC3 Dante was the guy to crossplay, as sexy and accurate went hand in hand there.
    it's like sexy nurse costumes.

And by jove if you are against sexy nurse costumes then you and me, sir, have a problem.

Are you implying, good sir, that our regular costumes are not sexy?

Mine has epaulettes

Nurses here wear the scrubs shape things. And although loose fabrics most definitely have their place as sexy clothing, they don't really compare to what the nursing students wore for the first week festivities.

Scrubs are so comfy

We only get to wear em during like a quarantine or if we go see dudes gettin' sliced up.

When I qualify and work my way up Highlander style to true king nurse I shall decree scrubs for all

Also from my facebook feed of nurse stuff;

543056_468706396500528_1430897205_n.jpg

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Protip*: In abortion debates, if you are in favour of it, refer only to your position as being "pro baby murder"

it usually neatly skips the first round of arguing.

*It is not a protip. I am not a politician mostly because of my tendency for stuff like this.

I am pretty sure that everyone who posts on these boards is ineligible to run for public office because of our posting histories

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    If you are dressed as a fictional character and are criticising another person dressed as a fictional character because they have somehow 'sexified' that fictional character, have a long, hard look at yourself in the mirror.

Unless that character is Pikachu, in which case stop criticising and go get some napalm.

bogart, this is the girl being discussed dressed as sexy pikachu. what is your reponse to this
    pikachu-cosplay-jessica-nigri1.jpeg

obF2Wuw.png
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Objecting to it because it's not canon is a very nerdy thing to do.

WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO PUT YOUR SMOKE BOMBS LADY YOU CLEARLY HAVEN'T THOUGHT THIS THROUGH.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Protip*: In abortion debates, if you are in favour of it, refer only to your position as being "pro baby murder"

*It is not a protip. I am not a politician mostly because of my tendency for stuff like this.

I am pretty sure that everyone who posts on these boards is ineligible to run for public office because of our posting histories

except me...

and skfm obvs

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    There are now twelve bottles in my drinks cabinet. Jesus.

I need to host a vorspiel.

ftOqU21.png
    Jessica Nigri the girl who did the official Lollypop Chainsaw cosplay did an Assassins Creed (not official) one.

NSFW

While I feel that women do not deserve to be shamed for their bodies or for flaunting their bodies or owning and profiting from their own security in their sexuality, I do feel like cutting away parts of a costume to expose cleavage and/or midriff ruins the costume that a wearer is recreating. There are sexy costumes and sexy and empowered characters to recreate, but it just comes off as disingenuous to take a character and transform it into the "sexy" version.

I am a female cosplayer. I have cosplayed a female AC3 character with great success and was covered from neck to ankle. I have cosplayed scantily clad characters with cleavage, legs and midriff showing as well. If you want to be a sexy image, choose a costume that's appropriate to that feeling and leave the non-sexualized costumes be.

Cutting away parts of a costume really just diminishes the effect in exchange for attention from masses who, most likely, don't really care about costume construction or screen accuracy.

tl;dr she wants to do sexy cosplay a sexy character, don't start cutting away fabric to make a "sexy" version of someone

I don't give a shit about accuracy, really. If you want to make a sexy version of a character then go ahead. Why not?

Back in the day DMC3 Dante was the guy to crossplay, as sexy and accurate went hand in hand there.
    it's like sexy nurse costumes.

And by jove if you are against sexy nurse costumes then you and me, sir, have a problem.

Are you implying, good sir, that our regular costumes are not sexy?

Mine has epaulettes

Nurses here wear the scrubs shape things. And although loose fabrics most definitely have their place as sexy clothing, they don't really compare to what the nursing students wore for the first week festivities.

Scrubs are so comfy

We only get to wear em during like a quarantine or if we go see dudes gettin' sliced up.

When I qualify and work my way up Highlander style to true king nurse I shall decree scrubs for all

Also from my facebook feed of nurse stuff;

543056_468706396500528_1430897205_n.jpg

Where is she studying so I can make sure never to stop breathing there.

ftOqU21.png
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

except me...

and skfm obvs

SKFM is the most likely presidential candidate the boards have ever seen

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I just noticed the guy in the cape behind her in that picture.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    SRC, I topple my king and leave the board.

Table-Flip.gif

obF2Wuw.png
    I would however point out that her 'costume' is basically some ears, and the rest of it is just yellow. I had some terrifying nightmare vision of someone really going for that hawt Pokemon hybrid look, all fur, a coy smile and hideous yellow bloat.

That costume doesn't really look like pikachu much, which is a good thing in this case.

Also her bra seems to be a very good fit from what I can see and I think noticing that is a sign that I am becoming a soft man as we say.

ftOqU21.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    At PAX East I saw an incredibly asthmatic black guy with a gheri curl. You could hear his breathing from a distance that precluded any chance of this guy working covert ops. He was dressed like Ash from Pokemon. He was not handsome. Attached to his person by a thin leash- the sort where you hold a plastic casing and thin cord is measured out at the press of a button- was a hot Asian girl dressed as Pikachu.

It's a sight I don't think I'll ever forget. It was even more memorable than the guys in bolo suits- of which there were several.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    steam mover is so convenient

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Organichu wrote: »
    At PAX East I saw an incredibly asthmatic black guy with a gheri curl. You could hear his breathing from a distance that precluded any chance of this guy working covert ops. He was dressed like Ash from Pokemon. He was not handsome. Attached to his person by a thin leash- the sort where you hold a plastic casing and thin cord is measured out at the press of a button- was a hot Asian girl dressed as Pikachu.

It's a sight I don't think I'll ever forget. It was even more memorable than the guys in bolo suits- of which there were several.

I hate this guy a little, I feel. Good thing I'm not christian because envy is a sin.

ftOqU21.png
    Variable did you see Django? I liked it. :v

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I went to the dentist today. I need a filling. :(

I don't think I feel envy anymore

Just a deep, unremitting sadness

Oh! Thanks for reminding me.

ftOqU21.png
    edited January 2013
    I would however point out that her 'costume' is basically some ears, and the rest of it is just yellow. I had some terrifying nightmare vision of someone really going for that hawt Pokemon hybrid look, all fur, a coy smile and hideous yellow bloat.

ah i see

going for the old appeasement strategy are we? letting them salami slice away the shreds of your dignity? saying this far but no further as they gradually erode your pride and your manhood until you are a cold shadow of a man sitting atop his onyx throne surrounded by decay and the remnants of his servitors?

i will not stand for this

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    Goddamn Earl Grey is delish

Oh brilliant
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular

NSFW

oh my god who gives a shit

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    and here I am at work again.

I should have said Charmander or something.

best i could do

pikachu_and_charmander_2_by_insane_pencil-d4jsusx.jpg

also u probably shouldnt google sexy charmander just a warning

obF2Wuw.png
    i stopped looking up sexy charmanders in grade school

now i'm all about the maturely defined charizards

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    sounds a lot like 'i'm a feminist unless you're a vapid slut', which is obviously terrible. who cares what she sexualizes? that there's even a 'position' to be taken here, an analysis to be rendered, suggests to me an underlying discontinuity in terms of basic decency

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Goddamn Earl Grey is delish

If Earl Grey damned by our Lord and Saviour remains delicious, how awesome is the Earl Grey that he approves of and blesses?

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    yes and yes

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    sexy jynx cosplay go

ftOqU21.png
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    RARELY in this fractious holy city do clerics cede rights for which they used to wage holy wars. But from the Abbey of the Dormition to Jesus’s resting place in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the bell-ringers of Jerusalem are abandoning their ropes after a century and a half, and installing automated timers instead.

[T]imes and technology change. The churches now compete for the latest mod cons, including manpower-saving bells that chime at the touch of a button. “The old way was kind of a hassle,” sighs Athanasius Macora, a Franciscan friar whose church was the city’s first to automate its bells. “You had to be there on time.” Moreover, with their bells on auto-pilot, the churches can compete with the mosques and the air-siren that Israelis use to call in the Sabbath.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
    Variable wrote: »
    yes and yes

re: S.L.J.
    he played the fuck out of that role. igor meets uncle ruckus from the boondocks? so, so good.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    SRC, I topple my king and leave the board.

Table-Flip.gif

Judge. Judge.

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Tarranon wrote: »
    i stopped looking up sexy charmanders in grade school

now i'm all about the maturely defined charizards

you turn on your charmander pants come off

2013-01-07-The-Sad-Tooth.jpg

that last panel hahaha

this year I had resolved to try all the different teas and not just stick with PG tips cause it's what I like

but man it's gonna be hard not to pick up another box of Earl Grey

Maybe Lady Grey next.

Oh brilliant
    this year I had resolved to try all the different teas and not just stick with PG tips cause it's what I like

Maybe Lady Grey next.

live dangerously

obF2Wuw.png
    I need to hatch a cunning scheme to see that girl with the pretty eyes again.

ftOqU21.png

Maybe Lady Grey next.

live dangerously

if we push ourselves we can really make it a YOLO year

2YOLO13

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
This discussion has been closed.