As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Warframe : Space Ninjas

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I could be very happy with them being cheaper. The game seems fairly fun so far, though the people I've played with just dash to the exit ignoring pretty much everything so its kind of sad. Guess I should solo. But then I die and you apparently have to pay for revives? That seems a bit sad.

I've had that problem too. At least hit the side rooms for the loot!

If you ever want to coop, you should add me to your contacts =). I'm vamenn in game. That goes for anyone!

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Okay, I just tried doing mission 3 like a real space ninja and I felt pretty fucking awesome.

Sneaking around as Volt, charge sword slashing any assholes who got to close. Got about 2/3rds of the way through the stage before I finally got detected and murdered. (Got swarmed from both sides.)

That was pretty amazing.

steam_sig.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I've started a clan just to see if it worked. Arcadians in Space is up. If you want in right now feel free to add me on CorriganX and ill invite you. I was just testing it out, so its not exactly super focused or anything. It appears to just be another chat.

once i've accepted your friend request, go to the Clan part of the contacts (It looks like a little crosshair) then accept from there.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    I could be very happy with them being cheaper. The game seems fairly fun so far, though the people I've played with just dash to the exit ignoring pretty much everything so its kind of sad. Guess I should solo. But then I die and you apparently have to pay for revives? That seems a bit sad.

I've had that problem too. At least hit the side rooms for the loot!

If you ever want to coop, you should add me to your contacts =). I'm vamenn in game. That goes for anyone!

The revives replenish every day, so dont be afraid to use them.

hLeTR.png
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    So, how hard is it to unlock the advanced frames? I'd like to give Ember a whirl for example.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    So, how hard is it to unlock the advanced frames? I'd like to give Ember a whirl for example.

@Viking just bought the blueprint for 25k. Its another 25k for the cost of putting it together, and you need to find 4 pieces (Ember helm, Ember Chassis, etc) to put the blueprint together into the other warframe. Its also a 3 day crafting time.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    Hopefully with it being a closed beta, they'll make the real world dollar prices less insane. The complaint has been fairly universal it seems.

They've still got time to learn.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    the crafting time on crafting, is dumb. What is the reasoning behind it? If I have the materials and credits to build a fancy new sword, I shouldnt have to wait 12 hours to use it.

(She/Her)
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Incentive for you to buy stuff, I guess.

Just signed up for the beta, still at work. Here is to hoping that it runs on my computer, and that I can get a decent ping. Looking forward to being a space ninja with you guys in the future.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »
    Btw, seeing how this is from the Dark Sector devs, this is old footage of what Dark Sector was originally supposed to be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mucf3kdVzes

See any influences on the new game? :D
    Hey look it's the trailer I mentioned above. Thanks for posting this! It clears up the mystery of wtf I was thinking about.

edited January 2013
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »

@Viking just bought the blueprint for 25k. Its another 25k for the cost of putting it together, and you need to find 4 pieces (Ember helm, Ember Chassis, etc) to put the blueprint together into the other warframe. Its also a 3 day crafting time.

I am attempting to make ember currently, below is how the warframe making works and I am currently about 1/2 done so far.
    Ok found out about crafting from both what I have acquired and the forums. Currently to craft a warframe you need a warframe blueprint which you buy with credits from the shop. Then you need 3 crafted components to complete it, and that requires getting the blueprints for the components and getting the crafting items. The component blueprints are boss drops from certain bosses, generally each boss can drop the components blueprints for 1-2 warframes. From what I have found so far each component blueprint requires a certain amount of common items and 1 rarer item that can only be found in certain planets levels. After the components and their blueprints are found and crafted you can then craft the warframe itself.

To give some perspective on the time its taken, I have gotten around 75,000 credits since I started doing the boss runs and finding the other crafting items needed to make the components. Ember is easier to assemble it seems in part due to the fact that its an early boss so you almost always get teams going through it. Solo it would be close to impossible and I have 660 shields, 250 health and weapons in the high teens.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    This boss list from the Warframe forums seems pretty handy:
    Planet: Mercury
    Level: Tolstoj
    Boss: Captain Vor
    Faction: Grineer
    Drops: Cronus Longsword

Planet: Venus
    Level: Fossa
    Boss: The Jackal
    Faction: Corpus
    Drops: Rhino Warframe Bluprint Parts

Planet: Earth
    Level: Everest
    Boss: Counceler Van Dek
    Drops: Trinity Warframe Bluprint Parts

Planet: Mars
    Level: War
    Boss: Sargent Nef Anyo
    Drop: Mag Warframe Bluprint Parts

Planet: Jupiter
    Level: Themisto
    Boss: The Golem
    Faction: Infected
    Drops: Dark Dagger, Ceramic Dagger

Planet: Saturn
    Level: Thetys
    Boss: General Sargas Ruk
    Drop: Ember Warframe Bluprint Parts, Ash Warframe Bluprint Parts

Planet: Uranus
    Level: Titania
    Boss: Tyl Regar
    Drop: Ash Warframe Bluprint Parts

Planet: Neptune
    Level: Psamathe
    Boss: The Hyena
    Drops: Rhino Warframe Bluprint Parts

Planet: Pluto
    Level: Hades
    Boss: Arn Etina
    Drop: Dark Sword, Plasma Sword, Jaw Sword, Pangolin Sword, Heat Sword

Man I want Trinity.

steam_sig.png
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I would like to try Ash but it costs $texas. At least with that list I know where to start heading towards to make one myself.

(She/Her)
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Just curious but is there an ingame way to earn platinum or are we going to only be able to extend a warframe and a weapon before basically being required to pay for any item we use for an extended period of time?

• OrmussOrmuss Registered User regular
    I got a blueprint for a sword, but it costs ALL my monies to make, and I have no idea whether it is any good or not cause it doesn't display the stats. This annoys me.

Regarding drops, is loot handled Diablo 3 style (everyone gets their own stuff) or Borderlands style (one drop for everyone so first one to grab it wins!)? I haven't been able to tell when I've done coop.

• Xieflow2Xieflow2 Registered User regular
    Just curious but is there an ingame way to earn platinum or are we going to only be able to extend a warframe and a weapon before basically being required to pay for any item we use for an extended period of time?

I think the economy is getting some overhauls in the future, a lot of people don't like that you can only get Pro weapons with hard currency.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Xieflow2 wrote: »

I think the economy is getting some overhauls in the future, a lot of people don't like that you can only get Pro weapons with hard currency.

I guess because it is a cooperative and not competitive game this bugs me less but hearing this is aaaaalmost enough to make me not install the game when I get home from work today.

Inquisitor wrote: »
    Xieflow2 wrote: »

I guess because it is a cooperative and not competitive game this bugs me less but hearing this is aaaaalmost enough to make me not install the game when I get home from work today.

Its 20p to unlock the 'pro' spec of a frame/weapon. From the looks of it, you find a frame/weapon you like and level it for quite a damn while as the full grid would take quite a bit to level. So its probably not a very expensive thing, even if they leave it that way. As long as you aren't ADDing into 20 different weapons all the time.

steam_sig.png
    I don't mind having to unlock the extended tree. It's not an entirely terrible idea because it can force players to put points into useful stats they might neglect (like health).

I just think it should be unlockable with credits.

Heck have a boss drop be the ability to unlock one item.

Or at the very least let people sell their platinum or whatever its called for credits.

steam_sig.png
    Or at the very least let people sell their platinum or whatever its called for credits.

Yeah except that doesn't really make sense with in the context of the model.

Platinum is real world money, it can be exchanged for everything including some exclusive (as far as I can tell) weapons along with aesthetic stuff

Credits are F2P currency: In this model it should basically do everything that platinum can, just much slower. The only thing you shouldn't be able to unlock with Credits are the visual options.

Having a feedback loop between two sets of currency that work towards virtually the same goal is pointless and silly. The reason this works in Eve or GW2 is because the buy currency is purely used for either Game Time or Item shop services that are distinct and different to what the main currency achieves for the player in terms of character and item progression.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    They really should let you try all three of the initial warframes before you have to commit, what with you being stuck with that choice.

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Played one solo round of this yesterday night.
    Fun as fuck. I LOVE that they have the Lost Planet style of running while shooting in this.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    I agree honestly.

I came expecting it to be ME3 multiplayer with ninjas.

Then the game told me:

1) there's no cover for ninja's you pussy

2) your sword does roughly a bijillion more damage than the starter guns

And I knew, I understood, being a space ninja is about being able to do powerslide decapitations and 360 castrations.

• RenardmonRenardmon Registered User regular
    Man I want Trinity.

I think it is currently bugged, at least on the forums people say that the boss who is supposed to drop the Trinity chassis right now due to a bug drops the Rhino chassis, but I'm sure it will be fixed eventually.

as for platinum I do recall on the forums a dev mention that you will have a chance to get platinum from just logging in (random generator reward) plus from some alerts you will be able to do so as well. They do seem to listen to feedback.

darksoulssiggy_zps85c5e1b7.jpg
    Renardmon wrote: »
    Man I want Trinity.

I think it is currently bugged, at least on the forums people say that the boss who is supposed to drop the Trinity chassis right now due to a bug drops the Rhino chassis, but I'm sure it will be fixed eventually.

as for platinum I do recall on the forums a dev mention that you will have a chance to get platinum from just logging in (random generator reward) plus from some alerts you will be able to do so as well. They do seem to listen to feedback.

That's awesome, now all they need to do is about half the price of stuff and I'll be down with this game so badly.

Fuck I didn't even know you could slide and then do a special melee attack.
    I need to change my keybindings around.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    Klyka wrote: »
    Fuck I didn't even know you could slide and then do a special melee attack.
    I need to change my keybindings around.

You can also do special backflips for extra movement if you crouch in the air I think.

• GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    The proper way to go anywhere is to sprint for a second, crouch to slide, jump to flip and then roll out of it (which is kind of random and automatic and janky). This is literally faster than sprinting and does not use up your stamina.

Garthor on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I'm a little confused. I've signed up for an account, got the game installed and got a key, but I can't find where to enter the key.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. https://warframe.com/activate

Peewi on
    Yeah, btw, is the only way to get power back through power orbs?

Yeah, btw, is the only way to get power back through power orbs?

There is an artifact that I think gives power when an enemy is killed or potentially damaged. I've gathered from the forums that artifacts are random rewards from alert missions. Besides that yes the only way to get power back is from the orbs that drop.

hLeTR.png
    That's a pain. Makes me care less about not having trinity though.

I'm probably going to hang onto energy way too hard now.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I don't know if I'm just imagining it, but I think energy orbs drop more often if you're low on energy.

Echo wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm just imagining it, but I think energy orbs drop more often if you're low on energy.

I've definitely gotten the same feeling, and when I do run out of energy it never seems that I am out for long. Having a higher power maximum alleviates some of those issues since it takes you longer to run out in the first place.

hLeTR.png
    Ormuss wrote: »
    I got a blueprint for a sword, but it costs ALL my monies to make, and I have no idea whether it is any good or not cause it doesn't display the stats. This annoys me.

Regarding drops, is loot handled Diablo 3 style (everyone gets their own stuff) or Borderlands style (one drop for everyone so first one to grab it wins!)? I haven't been able to tell when I've done coop.

I would make the sword asap, its a strictly better version of the skana and leveling up melee weapons usually takes longer then guns.

As for the loot it is sort of a blend. For credits only 1 person needs to pick them up for the whole group to get them. For mods each person needs to go over and pick it up, but it exists for every person, so make sure to waypoint mod drops so the other people in the group can know where to grab them. The crafting drops I think operate like the mods, where to collect them you need to walk over them, they look like orangish vaguely cube shaped things.

hLeTR.png
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Maybe there's somethign wrong on my end.

But the lack of mission information is kind of disturbing.

For example, I was on the first mission trying to find a reactor to kill. After 10 minutes of wondering around, it turns out I was on the complete opposite of the where I'm suppose to be. Then when I'm suppose to escape, I was completely lost again and the mission timed out.

I mean, would it hurt to put in some waypoints or something?

Maybe there's somethign wrong on my end.

But the lack of mission information is kind of disturbing.

For example, I was on the first mission trying to find a reactor to kill. After 10 minutes of wondering around, it turns out I was on the complete opposite of the where I'm suppose to be. Then when I'm suppose to escape, I was completely lost again and the mission timed out.

I mean, would it hurt to put in some waypoints or something?

Waypoints are on your minimap.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    Gonna play this for a bit now. Anyone up for playing Mercury?

This discussion has been closed.