As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i wanna know what [chat] is

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    I'm supposed to take an antibiotic every couple hours or so. I can't remember whether I just took one.
    The fuck?

Do you have some sort of horrific tropical bacterial infection?

No, I'm just too just-woke-up my for short-term memory to kick in.

I'll just postpone this one to the next meal.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I'm supposed to take an antibiotic every couple hours or so. I can't remember whether I just took one.

small_Doctor_Who_amy_pond.jpg

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Freelancing is nerve-wracking!

Got no savings left, scrabbling to pay the bills. Holidays trashing my income, people canceling classes coz they're busy, which reduces my income catastrophically. And then within minutes of cancellations, other people wanting new lessons.

And then just now, someone asking if I'd like to work essentially full-time as a consultant at Price Waterhouse Coopers! No idea if that will work out or fall through, but right now I'm just exhausted from the emotional roller coaster.

I don't think I could cope with the instability of such things. You're a braver man than I.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I would have thought this impossible. It is a great rant though. We live in a police start plagued by violence, Bogart. Only gun violence can set us free. Or we'll invade America. Again.

It's a series of bold, fearless statements that we can all learn from.

Am also enjoying the occasional tweets from similar visionaries to the effect that anyone who thinks this guy is crazy does so because that's just what the government want them to think. Statues should be erected to such paragons of logic.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Kalkino wrote: »

Oh dear. Maybe make some time labeled or numbered pill boxes so you can be sure in future

Every couple hours? You're probably okay either way. If two pills in the same two-hour period would be harmful, there's no way they'd prescribe a regimen like this, knowing that food intake and other factors will affect the absorption rate. And if missing a pill once would give the bacteria the foothold they need to steamroll your immune system, you'd probably be under supervision with a nurse making sure you're taking your meds.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options

Oh dear. Maybe make some time labeled or numbered pill boxes so you can be sure in future

Every couple hours? You're probably okay either way. If two pills in the same two-hour period would be harmful, there's no way they'd prescribe a regimen like this, knowing that food intake and other factors will affect the absorption rate. And if missing a pill once would give the bacteria the foothold they need to steamroll your immune system, you'd probably be under supervision with a nurse making sure you're taking your meds.

Oh, yes. I meant, like, I was warned not to overdose by taking two in an hour, but I'm sure staggering them apart is fine.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Wait. Forget David Bowie.

Suede have popped out their first single in ten years too.

This is like musical Christmas.

• Options
    Alex Jones has three million listeners, apparently.

• Options
    edited January 2013

Oh, yes. I meant, like, I was warned not to overdose by taking two in an hour, but I'm sure staggering them apart is fine.

Should be fine. Just try not to get in the habit, as the only thing worse than overdoing the antibiotics and killing off all the harmless (and therefore beneficial) bacterial flora in your gut is giving yourself sub-therapeutic dosage, which is like rolling out the red carpet for virulent, harmful strains of bacteria.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    In a surprising development my lost gloves were found in the fridge in a supermarket bag alongside homemade chickpea salad.

I have no idea how this happened

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Freelancing is nerve-wracking!

Got no savings left, scrabbling to pay the bills. Holidays trashing my income, people canceling classes coz they're busy, which reduces my income catastrophically. And then within minutes of cancellations, other people wanting new lessons.

And then just now, someone asking if I'd like to work essentially full-time as a consultant at Price Waterhouse Coopers! No idea if that will work out or fall through, but right now I'm just exhausted from the emotional roller coaster.

I don't think I could cope with the instability of such things. You're a braver man than I.

I can't either. I was just forced into this by the shit salaries of full time work in my field, and now I am like Born Free or something - I have tasted the sweet sweet freedom of not having a boss and now I can never go back.

Never!

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    In a surprising development my lost gloves were found in the fridge in a supermarket bag alongside homemade chickpea salad.

Hopefully with no blood on them.

• Options
    beware those meat chunks in the salad

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular

Hopefully with no blood on them.

The chickpeas are very good at absorbing liquid

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    beware those meat chunks in the salad

This. Especially any boney chunks. Check for rings in the salad before taking a bite.

• Options
    When is Obama going to start locking up these fearless truthtellers that endanger their New World Order? Surely the longer Alex Jones is free the more damage he's doing to their plans for world domination?

It's a schoolboy error.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Obama is simultaneously the all-powerful enemy and the impotent fool to the truth-tellers of the world

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    By Christ my parents will throw pills at anything. I have a cough and my mother's first reaction was to offer me some antibiotics her doctor gave her two years ago. She doesn't understand why this is horrifying.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Obama is simultaneously the all-powerful enemy and the impotent fool to the truth-tellers of the world

Obama is George W. Bush II: Bush Harder.

But he's black and Democrat, so the people who loved Bush and by extension, should probably love his even more extreme successor, hate his guts instead.

Zoku Gojira on
  • Options
    Tav wrote: »
    By Christ my parents will throw pills at anything. I have a cough and my mother's first reaction was to offer me some antibiotics her doctor gave her two years ago. She doesn't understand why this is horrifying.

Because her Doctor is a meaniehead, and meaniehead-prescribed medication is 36% less effective!

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

Hey, that MRSA isn't going to proliferate itself.

• Options
    l4o89.png

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Whenever I have even the slightest amount of illness I just take one of everything in my medicine cabinet

It's shotgun-style medical care, you see

not the horse kind though

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Whenever I have even the slightest amount of illness I just take one of everything in my medicine cabinet

It's shotgun-style medical care, you see

not the horse kind though

I just cut my ankles and let all the diseased blood out.

• Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAF-PlqzWXE

oh, old forum battles

what became of you

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    92emH.png

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Tarranon wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAF-PlqzWXE

oh, old forum battles

what became of you

I maintain that one was never topped. Ever.

• Options
    Latest PVP is apropos.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Damn, that pizza looks good.

Think the local place is doing a dinner buffet tomorrow. I'm there.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    If I could post every new Oglaf comic into chat the way people do with Whomp, I totally would.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Jesse's old girlfriend from Breaking Bad is on Craig Ferguson.

Apology girl's even hotter now than she was back then. Damn.

Zoku Gojira on
  • Options
    I think that one will always be the iconic classic

but Chico's collective works own my heart <3

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Chico def had some masterwork material too

But that one just works so flawlessly from a forum battle standpoint

It's like SE++ from that time period, distilled into a 1:50 flash video

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Ooh, new Justified today.

Cannot wait.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I think I am going to stop telling people when I am going to the gym.

The 30 minutes I had the gym completely to myself were amaaaaaaaaazing!

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Supposedly David Bowie wanted to play the role of Elrond in the LotR trilogy but he wasn't offered it.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Whichever forum battle had rice city detective stories is my favorite.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Last time I ate at this place they gave me free coffee. This time free desert! I was about to say I will be sad when I leave Japan and stop getting special treatment. But I have always gotten special treatment.

You all should try being ridiculously good looking, it's rad!

• Options
    I have £15 to spend at Waterstones, the local Bookshop chain.

Recommend some books!

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Man I sure hope the new starcraft game carries on the proud writing tradition blizzard has established for itself recently. Maybe a zerg overmind will taunt me to overcome his ultralisk hordes, implying that my struggle is futile. Wouldn't that be something?

RMS: Red Plenty

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
This discussion has been closed.