As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i wanna know what [chat] is

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Finally out of tunnels/subway and in office and ready with my coffee and ready to post again

Summary: I still have no clue what I am doing and I know my desire for the iPhone is mostly just longing and not really based on any huge advantage over the much cheaper Nexus 4 SOOOO I'm taking this shit underground

Thanks for bearing with me [chat]

If the price for the phone and contract is within the realm of possibility with your current budget, you should get an iPhone. Otherwise, you'll find yourself becoming more and more annoyed everytime you look down at the non-iPhone knowing that you could have possibly had an iPhone (something you've wanted for a long time).

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I just bought this shirt, it glows in the dark

2nrq81e.jpg

What is Solaire doing on that shirt?

no idea but who cares

SUNBRO FUCK YEAH!

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Where did you buy that shirt?

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular

If g-men were real, I wish they would just bust into the homes of all of these AIG board members and murder them to death.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I got the HTC EVO 4G LTE 3D, and I hate it with the passion of 1,000 suns.

The battery life is terrible, the layout is inarticulate, it's always doing shit that I don't mean for it to do, and its media center is a broken dinosaur.

However, I am a fan of the "draw your word" utility in the text messaging. Apple needs to steal that one like right now.

This has been my experience with any of the droid based phones. I hate them. I usually am one to be polarizing in my views but god damn most of them suck ass. It's also why I am super hesitant to get an android tablet vs an ipad. Even though the price difference is huge.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    srsly though I have a burning desire right now to hunt monsters, take their stuff, and fashion intricate things out of the pieces

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    I tend to stick with the Nexus products directly from Google. Always a good time for me.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

The battery life is terrible, the layout is inarticulate, it's always doing shit that I don't mean for it to do, and its media center is a broken dinosaur.

However, I am a fan of the "draw your word" utility in the text messaging. Apple needs to steal that one like right now.

This has been my experience with any of the droid based phones. I hate them. I usually am one to be polarizing in my views but god damn most of them suck ass. It's also why I am super hesitant to get an android tablet vs an ipad. Even though the price difference is huge.

You also have a droid 4 which is possibly the worst 4G android phone I've seen. I probably had 8 or 10 of them in the field a few months back and I'd be surprised if more than 2 or 3 are out there still. I actually have 2 to replace today! Droid Razr MAXX hooooo

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    srsly though I have a burning desire right now to hunt monsters, take their stuff, and fashion intricate things out of the pieces

Sounds like you need to become a monster hunter.

What with the monsters and the hunting.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Finally out of tunnels/subway and in office and ready with my coffee and ready to post again

Summary: I still have no clue what I am doing and I know my desire for the iPhone is mostly just longing and not really based on any huge advantage over the much cheaper Nexus 4 SOOOO I'm taking this shit underground

Thanks for bearing with me [chat]

Hakkes, buy iphone.

If you have the cash to get an unlocked iphone, place that cash in an interest bearing account and buy a proper LTE ready iphone with contract. Use the $400 as a security against the additional contract price.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    buying an unlocked phone only really makes sense if you are like, tied to a carrier for reasons, or you plan on travelling internationally a lot, or something... cuz they so damn spensive

poo
  • Options
    wazilla wrote: »

You also have a droid 4 which is possibly the worst 4G android phone I've seen. I probably had 8 or 10 of them in the field a few months back and I'd be surprised if more than 2 or 3 are out there still. I actually have 2 to replace today! Droid Razr MAXX hooooo

I have since played with many android phones and have not been impressed with loljava :rotate: based OS.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    It is now time for the sombre, daily reflection on the fact that the man in charge of the NHS is actually Jeremy Hunt.

Bow your heads.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    http://imgur.com/a/REKeY?gallery

1) take the last name of comic book / tv show / movie characters
    2) put "House" in front
    3) add slogan based on the character
    4) ???
    5) profit

Tamin on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    For Christmas, a coworker gave me a small polished stone with the word CREATE carved into it.

I love it.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »

I have since played with many android phones and have not been impressed with loljava :rotate: based OS.

I dunno, I'm a fan of Android so far. I've had a Galaxy Note for about 8 months and I really like it. If the Nexus 4 had supported 4G LTE, I would I have bought it outright at launch and tried to craigslist my Note.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    phone discussion is boring

its the same thing over and over again

poo
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    This coffee.... is delicious.

I have noticed that the enjoyment obtained from coffee is proportional to how much you needed to have it.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    buying an unlocked phone only really makes sense if you are like, tied to a carrier for reasons, or you plan on travelling internationally a lot, or something... cuz they so damn spensive

I was able to sell my old contractless iphone for $200+ when I upgraded to the 5, so huzzah contractless secondary market!

Deebaser on
  • Options

I need to poop. The android battery life won't last long enough. First world problems.

• Options
    I don't even drink coffee.

I only eat fries.

LAY OFF ME I'M STARVING.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

The plus side though, is that I was able to sell my old contractless iphone for $200+ when I upgraded to the 5

I sold my locked phone for $300.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    eat the rich

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    YOU FUCKS ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT PHONES? GODDAMNIT

• Options
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Campus is dead because it's still the holidays. There was only one food place open. It was disappointing. Blah.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    It is now time for the sombre, daily reflection on the fact that the man in charge of the NHS is actually Jeremy Hunt.

Bow your heads.

Jeremy Hunt? More like Jeremy Cu-

Oh what's the point...

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

http://i50.tinypic.com/2nrq81e.jpg

What's the top right thingie?

Is the bottom central thingie the original Metal Gear? Doesn't quite look like it.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    John Cage is the best phone because he eats Wendy's off of his Nintendo, which he uses as a plate.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    The primary reason my ipad feels like an upgrade over my android phone is that it is prettier and the case is a work of art, the secondary reason is that it scrolls faster, the tertiary reason is that when I flip the ipad around the volume buttons flip too, and the quaternary reason is that I like the ping noise the ipad makes when you plug it in

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    when you english people describe nigella as saucy, are you saying caustic/willful/etc or do you mean flirtatious

• Options
    Where did you buy that shirt?

http://theyetee.com/shop/

• Options

Yeah let's talk about something new!
    BurgerHavenTRIO.JPG

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »

http://i50.tinypic.com/2nrq81e.jpg

What's the top right thingie?

Is the bottom central thingie the original Metal Gear? Doesn't quite look like it.
    Top right is Gigyas from Earthbound the bottom is the Shagohod from Snake Eater

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    when you english people describe nigella as saucy, are you saying caustic/willful/etc or do you mean flirtatious

2007-03-16hp-sauce.jpg

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/a/REKeY?gallery

1) take the last name of comic book / tv show / movie characters
    2) put "House" in front
    3) add slogan based on the character
    4) ???
    5) profit

MLOog.jpg

Uh. Hm.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    @gooey ^^^^^^

@desc :^:

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

there's a difference?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Funny, I had an iPhone but was upgraded to an HTC Evo when they were new. (Corporate testing phone) That thing has been a workhorse for me. I've had it for like 3 years and have only just now had it start getting twitchy.

This discussion has been closed.