As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

i wanna know what [chat] is

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Let's get a [chat] Paranoia session going.
    Like, the PnP RPG?

Or is that a reference to something else? I didn't think brogrammers played PnP RPGs.

Yes, like the PnP RPG. I played a couple of sessions in college and had a lot of fun with it.

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I hate paywalls too.
    Totally wasn't behind a paywall when I posted it. Fuckers.

It's an article about how a bunch of Wall Street fuckface banks are suing the government because the terms of the bailout were "too harsh."

And the fuckface CEO of AIG is considering joining the rest of the fuckfaces.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    [chat], do you guys think if i start posting about my card art project for my game in AC's [chat] thread, i could score some art help?

because, fuck, i have too many cards and too much art to make.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Tarranon wrote: »
    I remain blissfully unaware of any of his political views not presented in that video, and the ones in there are hilarious.

But really the best part is that he's basically a closeted southern gentleman that somehow made it on to Fox News so that he could pimp True Blood

He's moderate right. He's clearly a conservative, but he's called out the extreme right on their bullshit plenty of times. IIRC he's strongly opposed to the drug war, so I kind of assume he just sits around and gets stoned and watches True Blood and animal videos all day.

Animal photos and videos are civilization.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    [chat], do you guys think if i start posting about my card art project for my game in AC's [chat] thread, i could score some art help?

Go for it. You got nothing to lose.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Hrmmm, used too much water so my ramen wasn't as flavorful of "beef" as it could have been. But the large amounts of vegetables I added more than made up for that slight disappointment.

Lh96QHG.png
    I have fucked up my shoulder somehow.

Ibuprofen seems to be helping minimally.

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    hah

xcom gets a patch which adds some "second wave" options.

I toggle most of them, including random stats for rookies.

One of them has 29 will.

I think he's going to be trouble.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I hate paywalls too.

It's an article about how a bunch of Wall Street fuckface banks are suing the government because the terms of the bailout were "too harsh."

haha, how could it be too harsh?

like there was this super nicve private bailout/takeover option that would have been so much better?

oh wait

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I have fucked up my shoulder somehow.

Ibuprofen seems to be helping minimally.

ibuprofen is one of the best medical inventions

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Not sure how should begin, however...

i don't want to come on too strong, ya know...

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    eest befast y u riotin

eest befast dis no put flag back

stahp pls

They generally expect remuneration for commissioned work.

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    These Belfast Flag Riots are giving me a sad. :(

Damn, now that is some fucked up flag related shit. And I thought the idiots who made such a huge deal over the Georgia flag change were crazy.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

start by negging everyone and asserting yourself as the alpha male

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Resurrect ancient chat topic go!

I still drink Mio. Mio is fucking delicious.

They just made a new Mio Called Mio Fit, which is basically zero calorie gatorade meets 5 hour energy, as it has a fuckload of B vitamins. Berry flavored.

It also makes you shit blue, so it has the childhood cereal dye nostalgia effect as well.

discuss.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    "Hey all, I am doing a card game and would like some help in creating art for some of the cards. I am willing to compensate you for your time. PM me with your price quotes and we can work something out"

Yeah i know... It's probably not a good idea to try that scheme on...

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Jerry's gf (Rachel Nichols) sells locally sourced produce that George refuses to buy. "Why does it cost so much? You grow it RIGHT THERE!"

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

They just made a new Mio Called Mio Fit, which is basically zero calorie gatorade meets 5 hour energy, as it has a fuckload of B vitamins. Berry flavored.

It also makes you shit blue, so it has the childhood cereal dye nostalgia effect as well.

discuss.

I am intrigued

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    When my back was killing me and I needed to work walmarts store brand headache relief pills worked wonders. It's like an NSAID/acetaphamine mix I don't know why but they worked.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I thought straight up "I gots a job for you" topics were kind of a faux pas.

I should have one of them do a super propaganda poster of a character that I am roleplaying.

They do not generally appreciate people coming in and asking others to do work for free, no.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    @Evil Multifarious on my second run through of dishonored, standing in front of the vice that has a bone charm in it, saving and reloading until I get a bone charm I like

thinking of you

:lol:

syndalis wrote: »

discuss.
    How does it taste?

I like the regular Mio quite a bit (the strawberry watermelon, anyway), but the Mio Energy tastes like ass.

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

Are you looking to go like single artist for all? Or would you care if different artists did different cards in different styles?

They do not generally appreciate people coming in and asking others to do work for free, no.

I need money to get art, but I need good art to get money. so what can i do here? I can't do the art by myself, I just can't... I don't have the know-how, the skill or the time to do so...

Wnhat would you suggest i do, Than?

cptrugged wrote: »

Are you looking to go like single artist for all? Or would you care if different artists did different cards in different styles?

Many artists in different styles. I like the variety. :)

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I have never seen a Mio.

Perhaps I haven't paid attention, but is it the type of thing that would be in a gas station energy drink case?

Psn:wazukki

I need money to get art, but I need good art to get money. so what can i do here? I can't do the art by myself, I just can't... I don't have the know-how, the skill or the time to do so...

Kidnap an artist, or sucker one into a relationship.

Save up money until you can afford to pay for the art?

Either that, or learn to art yourself. Or make friends with an artist with low self-esteem.

• TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    I hate paywalls too.

dam i feel like you see this kind of story more and more these days, like in movies like batman, and even the dark knight rises

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    Lure your artist with your lust log.

Save up money until you can afford to pay for the art?

Either that, or learn to art yourself. Or make friends with an artist with low self-esteem.

i guess i could post in the [chat] thread for tips and critiques?

I hate paywalls too.

dam i feel like you see this kind of story more and more these days, like in movies like batman, and even the dark knight rises
    It's a shame they'll probably never get what they deserve.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    which you define as years in pound-me-in-the-ass prison

A shame is stepping in dog shit. This is a fucking nightmare.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Artists are the meanest about free work on hobby projects. Probably because they get screwed into doing free work all the time on projects that other people profit off of.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    which you define as years in pound-me-in-the-ass prison
    That's really way too good for them.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I hate paywalls too.

It's a shame they'll probably never get what they deserve.

Forbes is calling out AIG and saying suing the govt would kill the company dead

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
This discussion has been closed.