As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

i wanna know what [chat] is

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Artists are the meanest about free work on hobby projects. Probably because they get screwed into doing free work all the time on projects that other people profit off of.
    It's what tech guys should be like with their friends except they don't have spines

or friends

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    The company might go under but all those asshole execs will land on their feet elsewhere.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    I have never seen a Mio.

Perhaps I haven't paid attention, but is it the type of thing that would be in a gas station energy drink case?

I've seen them in 7-11 but also in normal grocery stores, usually near where the crystal light and other magic chemicals you mix with water to make it taste yummy are located.

Cherry Mio Energy is pretty boss, haven't seen the fit stuff but I'd like to try it.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I don't actually have the guts to post in AC... My art is just, in no way, up to snuff.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    [chat], do you guys think if i start posting about my card art project for my game in AC's [chat] thread, i could score some art help?

because, fuck, i have too many cards and too much art to make.
    They generally expect remuneration for commissioned work.
    Yeah i know... It's probably not a good idea to try that scheme on...
    They do not generally appreciate people coming in and asking others to do work for free, no.
    I need money to get art, but I need good art to get money. so what can i do here? I can't do the art by myself, I just can't... I don't have the know-how, the skill or the time to do so...

Wnhat would you suggest i do, Than?
    Save up money until you can afford to pay for the art?

Either that, or learn to art yourself. Or make friends with an artist with low self-esteem.

Ensure the self esteem stays low with constant negging. The artist will then try harder to gain your approval.

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    The company might go under but all those asshole execs will land on their feet elsewhere.

Gotta love America.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    which you define as years in pound-me-in-the-ass prison
    That's really way too good for them.
    what do you want, drawing and quartering?

Cute-Puppies.jpg

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    I have never seen a Mio.

Perhaps I haven't paid attention, but is it the type of thing that would be in a gas station energy drink case?

I've seen them in 7-11 but also in normal grocery stores, usually near where the crystal light and other magic chemicals you mix with water to make it taste yummy are located.

Cherry Mio Energy is pretty boss, haven't seen the fit stuff but I'd like to try it.

Ah that'd be why. I'll have to take a look next time I'm out and about.

Psn:wazukki
    Do any of the Gundam shows hold up for adults? I've been playing Dynasty Warriors Gundam and I'm kind of interested in watching some of the earlier series from the 70s and 80s.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Do any of the Gundam shows hold up for adults? I've been playing Dynasty Warriors Gundam and I'm kind of interested in watching some of the earlier series from the 70s and 80s.

I hope you like filler.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular

Cute-Puppies.jpg
    Too fast.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013

SEED is good but it's pretty recent compared to like, G Gundam which is awful but kind of fun.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Resurrect ancient chat topic go!

I still drink Mio. Mio is fucking delicious.

They just made a new Mio Called Mio Fit, which is basically zero calorie gatorade meets 5 hour energy, as it has a fuckload of B vitamins. Berry flavored.

It also makes you shit blue, so it has the childhood cereal dye nostalgia effect as well.

discuss.
    How does it taste?

I like the regular Mio quite a bit (the strawberry watermelon, anyway), but the Mio Energy tastes like ass.

It tastes much closer to the non-energy flavors.

If you see it on shelves (it seems kind of rare, only one of the five stores I know that sell mio carry it yet) give it a shot.

Plus, whoa B vitamin rush.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Gundam Wing probably couldn't hold up for shit so much angst.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    When an executive plays a pivotal role in destroying a company over a certain size they should have a "fuck you" tax of 30% of their wealth and it all goes to the laid off employees of their company

override367 on

I tried watching the first episode recently and yeah... I don't know... even the animation seemed too dated

SEED is good but it's pretty recent compared to like, G Gundam which is awful but kind of fun.

G Gundam was one of the ones I saw as a kid. I liked it at the time, but I think I'd be bored if I watched it now. Wing was a bit better (hence my username), but I haven't seen it in years so it's tough to judge.

DWG is primarily the old old ones. Like Mobile Suit Gundam, Zeta Gundam, Gundam ZZ.

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular

They just made a new Mio Called Mio Fit, which is basically zero calorie gatorade meets 5 hour energy, as it has a fuckload of B vitamins. Berry flavored.

It also makes you shit blue, so it has the childhood cereal dye nostalgia effect as well.

discuss.
    How does it taste?

I like the regular Mio quite a bit (the strawberry watermelon, anyway), but the Mio Energy tastes like ass.

If you see it on shelves (it seems kind of rare, only one of the five stores I know that sell mio carry it yet) give it a shot.

I saw it at Target yesterday. I didn't buy it because it was the same price as the regular stuff, but only has 75% as many doses.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    i recall really liking that one gundam movie but being confused why the one had wings

Didn't watch the series

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

I think so yes. Gundam 0080 and 0083 were both really solid. Char's Counterattack was pretty awesome as well.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular

Cute-Puppies.jpg
    Too fast.
    Let the hatred leave you, Than. Let the puppies soothe you.

column_Dogue-de-Bordeaux-2-picture.jpg

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

You have not be shit to begin with to "hold up".

I hope you like filler.

I think most iterations of Gundam have a similar overarching plot with different characters/details/set in different worlds each with giant robots. I didn't think any of them were really long enough to have filler.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Tarranon wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-Yy4SfJksU

this guy makes me want to watch true blood

I knew he was different but I didn't know he was the greatest ever

wow

"well that's silly, that's over for the season. True Blood is just beginning."

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    i recall really liking that one gundam movie but being confused why the one had wings

Didn't watch the series

Here's the Qubeley (not from Endless Waltz, but still with wings):

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQI1Uw4a3LfYTc1yTbQA0aLD2wxCzWAHfLr6dicTy27npGqhXIh7qbRAfIV

Some of the designs are so silly.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

discuss.
    How does it taste?

I saw it at Target yesterday. I didn't buy it because it was the same price as the regular stuff, but only has 75% as many doses.

well, you should absolutely drink less of it than regular Mio, because of all the B vitamins in it.

A full 16oz glass of water, properly flavored, will keep you going for 4-6 hours.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Robotech
    Voltron

The superior robot animes.

BIG O, IT'S SHOWTIME

cptrugged wrote: »

I think so yes. Gundam 0080 and 0083 were both really solid. Char's Counterattack was pretty awesome as well.

I missed Char's Counterattack when I was a kid, that's one of the ones I'm thinking about checking out.

I hope you like filler.

I think most iterations of Gundam have a similar overarching plot with different characters/details/set in different worlds each with giant robots. I didn't think any of them were really long enough to have filler.

Yeah. A decent number of them are movies, too. The ones I'm familiar with are a few dozen episodes each, enough for some filler, but it's nothing like Naruto.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    @Evil Multifarious on my second run through of dishonored, standing in front of the vice that has a bone charm in it, saving and reloading until I get a bone charm I like

thinking of you

:lol:

while this is hilarious, I think it isn't too bad because you aren't really undermining the weight of your own decisions. plus some of those bone charms are hella useless and I don't blame you for wanting a good one.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I don't actually have the guts to post in AC... My art is just, in no way, up to snuff.

post in the critical failures forum instead, then

I just want to be able to still like all the things I liked as a kid. :(

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    G Gundam is the best Gundam.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Supposedly David Bowie wanted to play the role of Elrond in the LotR trilogy but he wasn't offered it.
    Necroosting from where i left chat fo sleep

That just asploded my brains with how perfect it would have been

The one big thing jackson consistently got wrong in all his lotr/ hobbit movies is the elves. Bowie would be the best man on earth for elrond

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

you can't

many of them suck

on the upside, you can continue to like the kid things that were good, and you can add the adult things that are good too

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    hah

xcom gets a patch which adds some "second wave" options.

I toggle most of them, including random stats for rookies.

One of them has 29 will.

I think he's going to be trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

cptrugged wrote: »

I missed Char's Counterattack when I was a kid, that's one of the ones I'm thinking about checking out.

I hope you like filler.

Yeah. A decent number of them are movies, too. The ones I'm familiar with are a few dozen episodes each, enough for some filler, but it's nothing like Naruto.

I may also not notice it because I have an innate liking for filler since it was the only good part of Evangelion.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

Dude if I can post my crap in the AC so can you.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    BIG O, IT'S SHOWTIME

One of my favorite avatars that I've made:
    beckVictoryDeluxe.gif

Just like our discussion of 80s cartoons. Some things truly are best left to nostalgia.

But, hey, its always fun just to see if they are still cool. Some won't be, some may still make you smile. No harm in throwing one up to see how it plays out.

This discussion has been closed.