As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i wanna know what [chat] is

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    @thomamelas

were you the dapper gent looked like he came out of a steven king novel?

I was the one with the white hair and bomber jacket.
    sweet

did jake share his pix of me or no?

He did not!

make him!

alternatively, I'll be able to get on like saturday and show you

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    kaleedity wrote: »
    fuck man

egoraptor and jontron run this youtube channel called game grumps where they slack off and play video games and bitch about things

so jelly if this site is accurate

I mean it's three guys but they have their own channels too

I'd take a third of $538 - $5K /day in supplementary income playing vidya games.
    Get your ass over to DC and I'll play video games and make six figures with you.

Just come on over, and we can bro out, play some XBox, bro. Just ignore the gym bag full of giant black dildos.
    I'm not really sure why you do this.
    ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zvTRQr7ns8

No, I got the reference. I just don't get all the brogrammer stuff. I was in a fraternity... of the three times I visited during rush, one was for a LAN party and another was a D&D session. I wear polo shirts... because work doesn't allow t-shirts and polo shirts are a hell of a lot better than a button up shirt and tie. The only really bro thing I've done was that picture of me with the backwards baseball cap and dual popped collar swilling alcohol... which I took to poke fun at you.

I don't know if you're doing it as a running gag, or you honestly think I'm a brogrammer or what, it's just kind of random.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Broxigar wrote: »
    So I've made a list of papist, and antipapist, games.

The perfidy of the Papist establishment will be made as clear as day, I believe, by just a cursory list of them.

PAPIST GAMES

: A crap game, with much publicized gore and slaughter. The many executions, as it's reported, were the delight of the Pope.

Big Rigs: Made with slave labor. Financed by the Jesuit Order. Seven letters of its title = seven sacraments.

Indigo Prophecy: An astonishingly ridiculous story, which mocks the conception of a real conspiracy. Orange Clan, Purple Clan and Mayan magic (see? Pagans are behind all this! They must be converted!) are but an imaginary smokescreen to the real power of the Popish orders.

Dead or Alive series: With so much cheese, the only thing it needs to be a perfect example of Papist culture would be paedophilia.

Odin Sphere: The world ends with only two people left on Earth. Taken to its logic conclusion , incest would eventually become a commonplace occurrence - much to the delight of Alabama hillbilies and Popish nuns.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: No Russian. Not only that, evil Russians = Evil Orthodoxy = Good Popery.

Assassin's Creed 2: You get the chance to murder a Pope. You don't use it.

ANTIPAPIST GAMES

Mass Effect series: The Illusive Man doesn't get the chance to murder a Pope. He does it anyway. And he's proven right by the end of the series. Red and Green are a mockery of delirious Papist dogmas.

Medieval: Total War 2 : You're minding your own business, letting people preach whatever nonsense they believe, stocking money... and then a Popish inquisitor moves out and starts to murder your family. The only ways to prevent him from doing so is to kill brown people or slaughter "witches" or "heretics". If this doesn't show the evil of the Papacy...

Alpha Centauri: My pet theory is Miriam Godwinson is actually a Pope in disguise. She wants to murder everyone, hates research, and is the "daughter" of Hitler (Godwin - Son).

Final Fantasy Tactics/Tactics Ogre: The Church leaves a trail of bodies in both games.

A wild Lorc appears!

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Sparvy wrote: »
    First 3D movie I could completely enjoy the 3D in it without feeling distracted

If the Hobbit hadn't succeeded I would have given up on 3D completely

I found the 3D 48 FPS version to be really bright. It didn't seem to suffer as much from polarizing glasses.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    A hot chick smoking may still be hot but if she smells of smoke and I can taste it kissing her its like sex repellent.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    desk i'm sry but they're bad even if hot girls can still look hot while smoking them

even though they really totally don't

this can't planet earth we're talking about

must be some crazy place where the rules of the universe dont apply

smoke is grody

people smoking are grody, even if they are otherwise not grody when not smoking

Have you smoked in the past, el?

no

I can't

My lungs p much close up

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    First 3D movie I could completely enjoy the 3D in it without feeling distracted

If the Hobbit hadn't succeeded I would have given up on 3D completely
    Did you not watch Avatar in 3D?

I did, shit movie though.

Think I might have been a bit annoyed because I didn't have contacts back then so I had two pair of glasses

but the movie sucked in any case

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    I've taken hour long showers after hanging out with smokers

they were long because I kept going back in to get the smell out

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    So i gave my class this assignment to draw a picture of a middle ages feudal setting, with like a manor, serf housing, hinterland, stuff like that

Some kids totally snuck in Pokemon into their drawing, so i was like, man, why is Garydos in this picture...is that Articuno up top...whose that, kabutops?

Kid: no that's kabuto

Me: no that's kabutops, kabuto evolves into kabutops son
    Where are you student teaching, @Element Brian? Down in O-town?

Nah I'm still just doing my student teaching in Utah

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Like gargle some mouthwash and take a shower and hot chick will totally be sexable again.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I really do appreciate Lorc's dedication

although I'm fairly certain he is mentally ill

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    soundcloud u butttttttttttttttt

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Vanguard, two questiones.

1 Why are you still festive?
    2 why does your title say robot when you're a spehss mehreen?

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2013
    Vanguard, two questiones.

1 Why are you still festive?
    2 why does your title say robot when you're a spehss mehreen?

1. I never know when to quit
    2. It's a disguise

Vanguard on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @thomamelas

were you the dapper gent looked like he came out of a steven king novel?

I was the one with the white hair and bomber jacket.
    sweet

did jake share his pix of me or no?

He did not!

make him!

alternatively, I'll be able to get on like saturday and show you

I will do so. And I got my side quest done. Bagged me a creepy frost spirit. Also gonna see if I can get a neat spirit butler.

• Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular

The perfidy of the Papist establishment will be made as clear as day, I believe, by just a cursory list of them.

PAPIST GAMES

: A crap game, with much publicized gore and slaughter. The many executions, as it's reported, were the delight of the Pope.

Big Rigs: Made with slave labor. Financed by the Jesuit Order. Seven letters of its title = seven sacraments.

Indigo Prophecy: An astonishingly ridiculous story, which mocks the conception of a real conspiracy. Orange Clan, Purple Clan and Mayan magic (see? Pagans are behind all this! They must be converted!) are but an imaginary smokescreen to the real power of the Popish orders.

Dead or Alive series: With so much cheese, the only thing it needs to be a perfect example of Papist culture would be paedophilia.

Odin Sphere: The world ends with only two people left on Earth. Taken to its logic conclusion , incest would eventually become a commonplace occurrence - much to the delight of Alabama hillbilies and Popish nuns.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: No Russian. Not only that, evil Russians = Evil Orthodoxy = Good Popery.

ANTIPAPIST GAMES

Mass Effect series: The Illusive Man doesn't get the chance to murder a Pope. He does it anyway. And he's proven right by the end of the series. Red and Green are a mockery of delirious Papist dogmas.

Medieval: Total War 2 : You're minding your own business, letting people preach whatever nonsense they believe, stocking money... and then a Popish inquisitor moves out and starts to murder your family. The only ways to prevent him from doing so is to kill brown people or slaughter "witches" or "heretics". If this doesn't show the evil of the Papacy...

Alpha Centauri: My pet theory is Miriam Godwinson is actually a Pope in disguise. She wants to murder everyone, hates research, and is the "daughter" of Hitler (Godwin - Son).

Final Fantasy Tactics/Tactics Ogre: The Church leaves a trail of bodies in both games.

A wild Lorc appears!

What's a Lorc?

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    kaliyama wrote: »

What's a Lorc?

An Orc

• Options

PAPIST GAMES

ANTIPAPIST GAMES

A wild Lorc appears!

What's a Lorc?

A troll that keeps coming back under different alts.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    don't watch this if you haven't seen sunday's American Dad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH3aUTDCZnY

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    fuck man

egoraptor and jontron run this youtube channel called game grumps where they slack off and play video games and bitch about things

I'd take a third of $538 - $5K /day in supplementary income playing vidya games.
    Get your ass over to DC and I'll play video games and make six figures with you.

Just come on over, and we can bro out, play some XBox, bro. Just ignore the gym bag full of giant black dildos.

No, I got the reference. I just don't get all the brogrammer stuff. I was in a fraternity... of the three times I visited during rush, one was for a LAN party and another was a D&D session. I wear polo shirts... because work doesn't allow t-shirts and polo shirts are a hell of a lot better than a button up shirt and tie. The only really bro thing I've done was that picture of me with the backwards baseball cap and dual popped collar swilling alcohol... which I took to poke fun at you.

I don't know if you're doing it as a running gag, or you honestly think I'm a brogrammer or what, it's just kind of random.
    I am just fucking around, dude. I am probably at least as brotastic as you are.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    speaking of showers one guy at school really should have taken one a couple days ago

he was a large fellow and I walked past him in the 8th floor stairs and it was like being punched in the mouth with sour sweat

another incentive for continuing with the new and better life of taking the stairs, because being caught in the elevator with him would have been... worse.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    I just had a weird moment of curiosity where I wondered what my first post here was. Turns out I can't find a way to go that far back in my posting history, couldn't even do it with a google search. Kinda glad about that in some ways. I've probably said a lot of retarded stuff.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

PAPIST GAMES

ANTIPAPIST GAMES

A wild Lorc appears!

What's a Lorc?

Lorc will be known as history's greatest freedom fight who sacrificed life and limb against the papist conspiracy and...

Yeah, Lorc the Orc is a former user who went on crazed rants against the pope and papacy. He has been banned...

Several times...

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Oh hey, AVGN was unbanned from Youtube.

I wonder what happened.

• Options
    fuck man

I am just fucking around, dude. I am probably at least as brotastic as you are.

That's what I figured. I wasn't offended or anything, just confused as hell.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Casual wrote: »
    Sleepwalking through life sounds familiar, I'm in a similar situation just a bit younger. I know it feels like you're the only person in the world going through this shit but you aren't. I've started to turn it around though mainly by just saying to myself that taking risk and failing isn't as bad as the horrible empty life I had before. My advice to you is; are you still living with your parents? If so move out. It's the best decision I ever made, I also started talking more with my Friends Friends getting a bigger social circle which also introduced me to some women. Now I know a couple of girls that I go to gigs and drink with. I know it sucks having to learn how to interact with girls at this stage in your life when it seems like everyone else mastered this crap years ago but its one of those things that you only loose your fear of by doing it more. Trust me when I say the only thing worse than learning to do these things at 23 is having to learn them at 28 or 36 ect. One trick that helps you with this is to stay the hell out of your own head when talking to new people. Like everyone else said going to clubs and taking up musical instruments is a good way of getting an excuse to talk to new people. :wink:

Allegedly. Located via interpolation on page numbers!

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options

PAPIST GAMES

ANTIPAPIST GAMES

A wild Lorc appears!

What's a Lorc?

Lorc will be known as history's greatest freedom fight who sacrificed life and limb against the papist conspiracy and...

Yeah, Lorc the Orc is a former user who went on crazed rants against the pope and papacy. He has been banned...

Several times...

To be fair, he's only been banned because the penny arcade staff is part of the papist conspiracy.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    than's real name alone

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    I'm gonna get me a sammach

in the meantime someone suggest a game idea that would be fun to play on a tablet and is pretty simple

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i am reading one of the earlier clancy novels (cardinal of the kremlin). this is so different from the later 90s stuff i've read.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    comic.php?date=09262005

That last panel is so good

ONSTAAAAD

I know similar feels. Giving someone a ride and I happened to be at the end of King of Carrot Flowers pt 1, leads into pt 2.

I LOOOOOVEEE YOU JEEEEESSUUUSSSSSS CHHRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSST

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSUSS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIST I LOOOOOOOVE YOU YESSSS I DOOOO

They were not familiar with NMH, it was a bit awkward.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited January 2013

in the meantime someone suggest a game idea that would be fun to play on a tablet and is pretty simple

tic tac toe

solitaire, variants thereof

checkers

(I assume you mean as programming exercise?)

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Oh hey, AVGN was unbanned from Youtube.

I wonder what happened.

Rabid fanbase cried foul en masse, I'd imagine.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    oh no

i think i'm infected with

the poops

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    speaking of showers one guy at school really should have taken one a couple days ago

he was a large fellow and I walked past him in the 8th floor stairs and it was like being punched in the mouth with sour sweat

another incentive for continuing with the new and better life of taking the stairs, because being caught in the elevator with him would have been... worse.

On the other hand going up eight floors of stairs might ripen you up some depending on your constitution.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    oh no

i think i'm infected with

the poops

good luck getting it out of your system

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options

Bullet hell shmup. In a space ship. Super generic, but fun.

I wonder how difficult D&D would be on a tablet. That seems like a fun pet project for me to fool around with.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Several times...

Did you know 'LorcTheOrc' is actually an anagram for 'HerColorCot'? The conspiracy is deeper than you think.

This discussion has been closed.