As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i wanna know what [chat] is

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    Sleepwalking through life sounds familiar, I'm in a similar situation just a bit younger. I know it feels like you're the only person in the world going through this shit but you aren't. I've started to turn it around though mainly by just saying to myself that taking risk and failing isn't as bad as the horrible empty life I had before. My advice to you is; are you still living with your parents? If so move out. It's the best decision I ever made, I also started talking more with my Friends Friends getting a bigger social circle which also introduced me to some women. Now I know a couple of girls that I go to gigs and drink with. I know it sucks having to learn how to interact with girls at this stage in your life when it seems like everyone else mastered this crap years ago but its one of those things that you only loose your fear of by doing it more. Trust me when I say the only thing worse than learning to do these things at 23 is having to learn them at 28 or 36 ect. One trick that helps you with this is to stay the hell out of your own head when talking to new people. Like everyone else said going to clubs and taking up musical instruments is a good way of getting an excuse to talk to new people. :wink:

Allegedly. Located via interpolation on page numbers!

Ohhhhh shiiiiii

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna get me a sammach

in the meantime someone suggest a game idea that would be fun to play on a tablet and is pretty simple

Bullet hell shmup. In a space ship. Super generic, but fun.

I wonder how difficult D&D would be on a tablet. That seems like a fun pet project for me to fool around with.

A kind of mix-up of Sequence and Symphonica. Frantic RPG rhythm game using gestures.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

in the meantime someone suggest a game idea that would be fun to play on a tablet and is pretty simple

Battleship?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    speaking of showers one guy at school really should have taken one a couple days ago

he was a large fellow and I walked past him in the 8th floor stairs and it was like being punched in the mouth with sour sweat

another incentive for continuing with the new and better life of taking the stairs, because being caught in the elevator with him would have been... worse.

On the other hand going up eight floors of stairs might ripen you up some depending on your constitution.

can't do that much, can it?

and if it's really bad there's a nearby window to open/throw myself out of.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I'm struggling to figure out why @Broxigar didn't include the Assassin's Creed series in his list.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i am reading one of the earlier clancy novels (cardinal of the kremlin). this is so different from the later 90s stuff i've read.

I've gone through a lot of the Jack Ryan stuff, and it's funny how it works. The first few were very technically oriented. Then it pretty quickly turned into thriller pulp serving mostly to glorify the military and conservatism. <3 any scene involving Ryan as president, or the effects thereof. Flat income tax brings the nation into glorious economic paradise until a perfidious Democrat steals office (only winning because the Republican candidate was assassinated) and destroys the nation with his evil Marxist ways.

Forsyth was the same way. Day of the Jackal was an in depth look on how to assassinate world leaders. Dogs of War was meticulously researched, with Forsyth actually posing as a mercenary so he could personally work with arms dealers. By the 90s, he devolved into "rah rah West and Israel, boo Muslims" just like Clancy.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I'm struggling to figure out why @Broxigar didn't include the Assassin's Creed series in his list.

He did. There's a line about
    having the chance to kill the pope and not doing so

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    than's real name alone

*gasp*

is Than's name ChadBradVlad?!

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Battleship?

Paper Triangle Football.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Self-Portrait in a Convex Mirror

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    holy moly thanks @Donkey Kong this is piiiimp

• Options
    edited January 2013
    OH WAIT YOU SAID TABLET, NOT TABLE

Kingdom Rush.

spool32 on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Sleepwalking through life sounds familiar, I'm in a similar situation just a bit younger. I know it feels like you're the only person in the world going through this shit but you aren't. I've started to turn it around though mainly by just saying to myself that taking risk and failing isn't as bad as the horrible empty life I had before. My advice to you is; are you still living with your parents? If so move out. It's the best decision I ever made, I also started talking more with my Friends Friends getting a bigger social circle which also introduced me to some women. Now I know a couple of girls that I go to gigs and drink with. I know it sucks having to learn how to interact with girls at this stage in your life when it seems like everyone else mastered this crap years ago but its one of those things that you only loose your fear of by doing it more. Trust me when I say the only thing worse than learning to do these things at 23 is having to learn them at 28 or 36 ect. One trick that helps you with this is to stay the hell out of your own head when talking to new people. Like everyone else said going to clubs and taking up musical instruments is a good way of getting an excuse to talk to new people. :wink:

Ohhhhh shiiiiii

Hilariously page 211 only takes me to April of last year.

Fuck I need a life.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    dirty-humor-photos-6.jpg?w=500&h=666

I need this before I get guests.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    OH WAIT YOU SAID TABLET, NOT TABLE

Kingdom Rush.

You win.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

Ohhhhh shiiiiii

Fuck I need a life.

July for me :rotate:

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i am reading one of the earlier clancy novels (cardinal of the kremlin). this is so different from the later 90s stuff i've read.

I've gone through a lot of the Jack Ryan stuff, and it's funny how it works. The first few were very technically oriented. Then it pretty quickly turned into thriller pulp serving mostly to glorify the military and conservatism. <3 any scene involving Ryan as president, or the effects thereof. Flat income tax brings the nation into glorious economic paradise until a perfidious Democrat steals office (only winning because the Republican candidate was assassinated) and destroys the nation with his evil Marxist ways.

Forsyth was the same way. Day of the Jackal was an in depth look on how to assassinate world leaders. Dogs of War was meticulously researched, with Forsyth actually posing as a mercenary so he could personally work with arms dealers. By the 90s, he devolved into "rah rah West and Israel, boo Muslims" just like Clancy.

oh shit, really? i knew he was conservative but none of the books i've read so far alluded to it

i picked this up in a used bookstore:

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Jihad-Political-Thrillers/dp/0765346435

not knowing it was meant to be super religious- thinking it might dabble in there since it talked about israel and such, but didn't expect anything past that

by the end (spoilers, but you probably don't want to read this piece of shit)
    there is literally fire and brimstone coming from the sky that destroys the communists and arabs

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Ohhhhh shiiiiii

Fuck I need a life.

December for me.

• Options
    @desc have you read it?

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    sample-c2ada1af957d8ef14a105e074367.jpg

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    @desc have you read it?

I thought we were talking about mc Escher

What's going on

• Options
    Oh American Dad!. It still it has its moments.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    desc wrote: »
    @desc have you read it?

What's going on

Wazilla's new avatar reminded me of John Ashbery's book Self-Portraint in a Convex Mirror

is good

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

oh shit, really? i knew he was conservative but none of the books i've read so far alluded to it

i picked this up in a used bookstore:

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Jihad-Political-Thrillers/dp/0765346435

not knowing it was meant to be super religious- thinking it might dabble in there since it talked about israel and such, but didn't expect anything past that

by the end (spoilers, but you probably don't want to read this piece of shit)
    there is literally fire and brimstone coming from the sky that destroys the communists and arabs

Yeah. The books start getting less and less technical and more and more political as Ryan becomes more powerful. He stepped down after one term, then there were a couple of books about his son that didn't have much politics (but were still pulp) and now he's president again. Haven't read the latest book yet, but I assume it's more of the same.

Clancy clearly tries to make Ryan only a moderate conservative, close to center, but Clancy is conservative enough himself that it doesn't mean much.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    page 211 is also April 2011 for me

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Eddy wrote: »
    than's real name alone
    If I were as bro-y as my name implies, I'd be wearing five polos with popped collars every day.

I actually saw a dude walking around with three popped collars the other day. I'm not sure whether or not he was doing it ironically, but it looked a little too real to be entirely ironic.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    I just caved and made a LinkedIn account.

Am I a grown up now?

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    sammach obtained.

Thanks for all the suggestions! This is indeed for programming. I was working on a heavily 4th-ed D&D influenced SRPG but that ended up being too complicated as I am also trying to get up to speed on C++11. So need something simpler to do first.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Ohhhhh shiiiiii

Fuck I need a life.

You are now a scary man with voodoo powers who can look up my past.

You may have to be disposed of.

Casual on
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    My first comment (allegedly):
    That's not inflation - inflation is a general increase in prices across-the-board. Which happens a lot in MMO's with bad money management, I'll grant, but not so much in Oblivion.

The problem with Oblivion (specifically) is that one's ability to earn money increase roughly exponentially* with time invested. As such, prices pretty much have to skyrocket too. As things stand, with some care it's already possible to march into the Market District for the first time with enough moolah to buy Apotheosis, which is insanely overpowered at low levels.

*okay not actually exponential. Polynomial, degree five or thereabouts. But you get the idea.

This seems unlikely, so I'm guessing there are just some hidden comments.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Man, I just have nothing interesting to say. That's why my post count is so low. That and I mostly lurked H/A for about 3 years. I only started posting in D&D a couple of years ago and [chat] only last year. I like to work my way into forum communities real slow like. I play the long game.

• Options
    @desc have you read it?

What's going on

Wazilla's new avatar reminded me of John Ashbery's book Self-Portraint in a Convex Mirror

is good

Words are for scrubs

Pictures 4 lyfe

• Options
    I have nothing to say and I am saying it.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    @desc have you read it?

What's going on

is good

Words are for scrubs

Pictures 4 lyfe

desc

these words

they create

mind pictures
    image]

Vanguard on
  • Options
    Man, I just have nothing interesting to say. That's why my post count is so low. That and I mostly lurked H/A for about 3 years. I only started posting in D&D a couple of years ago and [chat] only last year. I like to work my way into forum communities real slow like. I play the long game.

No way. just start running your mouth off without stop.

• Options
    I have said over 47k post of nothing.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »
    page 211 is also April 2011 for me
    No no page 211 gets me to April 2012. PAge 750 got me to like August 2010. I gave up there

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I have said over 47k post of nothing.
    I post to prevent myself from thinking.

My thoughts are equally insipid.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    My first post is lost to the ether. It was made over nine years ago.

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    2 hours until they take my laptop away. Then I'll have an hour and a half to so something cool in downtown anchorage

This discussion has been closed.