As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i wanna know what [chat] is

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    My first comment (allegedly):
    That's not inflation - inflation is a general increase in prices across-the-board. Which happens a lot in MMO's with bad money management, I'll grant, but not so much in Oblivion.

The problem with Oblivion (specifically) is that one's ability to earn money increase roughly exponentially* with time invested. As such, prices pretty much have to skyrocket too. As things stand, with some care it's already possible to march into the Market District for the first time with enough moolah to buy Apotheosis, which is insanely overpowered at low levels.

*okay not actually exponential. Polynomial, degree five or thereabouts. But you get the idea.

This seems unlikely, so I'm guessing there are just some hidden comments.

The only way to be sure is to count your posts manually!

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    Sleepwalking through life sounds familiar, I'm in a similar situation just a bit younger. I know it feels like you're the only person in the world going through this shit but you aren't. I've started to turn it around though mainly by just saying to myself that taking risk and failing isn't as bad as the horrible empty life I had before. My advice to you is; are you still living with your parents? If so move out. It's the best decision I ever made, I also started talking more with my Friends Friends getting a bigger social circle which also introduced me to some women. Now I know a couple of girls that I go to gigs and drink with. I know it sucks having to learn how to interact with girls at this stage in your life when it seems like everyone else mastered this crap years ago but its one of those things that you only loose your fear of by doing it more. Trust me when I say the only thing worse than learning to do these things at 23 is having to learn them at 28 or 36 ect. One trick that helps you with this is to stay the hell out of your own head when talking to new people. Like everyone else said going to clubs and taking up musical instruments is a good way of getting an excuse to talk to new people. :wink:

Allegedly. Located via interpolation on page numbers!

Ohhhhh shiiiiii

Hilariously page 211 only takes me to April of last year.

Fuck I need a life.

July for me :rotate:

*cough* October 2012

I...

I need a full time job...

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »
    page 211 is also April 2011 for me
    No no page 211 gets me to April 2012. PAge 750 got me to like August 2010. I gave up there

The difference between 45 thousand posts and 11 thousand

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    My first post is lost to the ether. It was made over nine years ago.

Yeah, mine too.

Except I actually remember my first post on these forums. :P

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/08/whale-wars-lawsuit-ady-gil-paul-watson-crash-japanese-sea-shepherd-society/
    In his suit, filed yesterday in L.A. County Superior Court, Gil says his vessel was rammed by a Japanese whaling ship in 2010 ... and suffered damage to the nose ... but the damage was repairable.

According to Gil, Watson saw the collision as an opportunity to spin the incident into a major publicity and money maker for his organization ... so instead of towing the boat to port for repairs, he secretly gave an order to sink the ship "under the cover of darkness"

5 million dollars is a lot of dollars.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    My first post is lost to the ether. It was made over nine years ago.
    In the before time. The long long ago.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Man, I just have nothing interesting to say. That's why my post count is so low. That and I mostly lurked H/A for about 3 years. I only started posting in D&D a couple of years ago and [chat] only last year. I like to work my way into forum communities real slow like. I play the long game.

i, on the other hand, am working my way up to 90,000 posts

• Options
    Page 211 got me to Dec 2012 which I don't believe is possible.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Say whaaaaat, I've been here longer than Ronya! I though you were one of the elders man!

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    my first post is also lost in time. It was a "hey I'm new" (which wasn't against the rules then, there were basicially no rules then) because I loved this comic (which was still pretty recent) and wanted to post on the associated board

214654977_saNrK-L-2.jpg

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    My first post was me talking about how I wasn't sure of the direction they were taking Community in season 2.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

It scares me.

• Options
    edited January 2013

sure you have the 'p' in there? I'm seeing Dec 2011.

Tamin on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    9 years ago huh

thats when i joined these forums

jeez

jan 28th is my forum birthday

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I have no clue what my first post was. Probably back in the MMO forums in one of the WoW threads.

How you people looking this up?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    and i was an even more terrible poster than i am now, just a few short years ago

poo
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    This was apparently my first post:
    What's sad is that Arnold is one of the more reasonable Republican voices today.

By that, I don't mean he's the most liberal Republican today, but rather that he knows each and every thing he says is going to be scrutinized by his state's large and often incredibly famous liberal population. So, as a conservative, he can't just blurt out the typical talking point bullshit. Everything he says needs to be well thought out and logical. Otherwise, he'd be eaten alive.

I sort of wish every politician was required to be is such a situation. Got elected in Georgia? Congrats, enjoy your governorship in the great state of Vermont!

The best part is that I don't remember making it at all. It reads like it was written by someone I don't know and kind of agree with.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

sure you have the 'p' in there?

Oh, that's probably the problem.

EDIT: Okay, December 2011.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Well, this is not what I was expecting to read first thing in the morning today.

Apparently I am being extended an offer to work as a content writer at JPL, mostly working in the web development section and making complex scientific ideas understandable to 4th-6th graders. It would be a full time position on the JPL campus.

I mean, it's not for sure, and I am not even 100% sure that I want the job, they would need a writing sample and other things but. Wow this totally came out of the blue.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    my first post is also lost in time. It was a "hey I'm new" (which wasn't against the rules then, there were basicially no rules then) because I loved this comic (which was still pretty recent) and wanted to post on the associated board

214654977_saNrK-L-2.jpg

214651069_MkdpT-L-2.jpg

Mmm, 1998.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Now some may have more posts than me but they've made some bonds here that I have not. Which is kinda the underlying statement of my life.

Or maybe I'm just rationalizing my pessimism who knows.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I only go back to page 90
    Well, I've read all the EVE threads on and created a trail account. I hope you're happy D:

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Well, this is not what I was expecting to read first thing in the morning today.

Apparently I am being extended an offer to work as a content writer at JPL, mostly working in the web development section and making complex scientific ideas understandable to 4th-6th graders. It would be a full time position on the JPL campus.

I mean, it's not for sure, and I am not even 100% sure that I want the job, they would need a writing sample and other things but. Wow this totally came out of the blue.

hey fuck you thats awesome

poo
  • Options
    seems I have about 381 total pages

• Options
    hmm, so that means some time later this month or early next I will reach my 13th PA boards anniversary.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options

I will kill you and take your skin so I can work at JPL.

Mostly because SPACE!

http://youtu.be/BVn1oQL9sWg

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    After nearly nine years on this board, I have less than 18k posts.

I make up for the lack of quantity with the amazing quality of my posts.

• Options

:lol:

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    God damn. Other than the people who have been here since 2003 I'm one of oldest accounts here. Was there some sort of Stalin like purge between 2004 and 2008 that killed off most the old guard?

• Options
    Mazz: Well the tricky bit is this. I have not yet signed up for another year at JET. However, I don't think I will know if I am in or not for this JPL gig before I sign up or not for JET. It's an awkward situation to be in.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i think im going to get fish and chips for dinner

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    There are apparently 487 pages of comments for my account.

And my first comment was:
    Seems to me like the real problem with America isn't lack of trust with the government but the really sad state of affairs regarding distribution of wealth. The middle class is eroding away and it's not because they're moving on up.

• Options
    TWW
    Josh and Toby having a knock-down, drag out fight. Wow

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Say whaaaaat, I've been here longer than Ronya! I though you were one of the elders man!
    Ronya is a noob, he just talks a big game.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    I always felt bad killing GLaDoS' curiosity it was so naive and innocent sounding and curious.

• Options
    Mazz: Well the tricky bit is this. I have not yet signed up for another year at JET. However, I don't think I will know if I am in or not for this JPL gig before I sign up or not for JET. It's an awkward situation to be in.

Whelp it doesn't hurt to send in the stuff to JPL. Options are better than no options.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Oh god, I have become a chat "elder" haven't I?

What have I been doing with my life?

• Options
    Inquisitor, that is awesome.

Also, you have to check out High Frontier. It was made by a mad genius from JPL

if nothing else just check out the rules PDF from here: http://www.sierra-madre-games.com/conflict-simulations/downloads

(the High Frontier living rules)

it's amazing. Like a third of every page is explaining the physics behind the rules on that page.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Oh god, I have become a chat "elder" haven't I?

What have I been doing with my life?

Teaching english to japanese kids

21stCentury on
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

:lol:

Be you laughing at me, good sir?

I will not stand for this impertinence! Pistols at dawn!

This discussion has been closed.