As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i wanna know what [chat] is

1939495969799»

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Man, we destroying the forums. It went boom again.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    my first post on PA
    Ok, just a quick background. i build a "budget" computer about a year ago when i had little money to spend on it and now that i have money i want to upgrade my system and i was doing it bit by bit. i started with perepherals since they were easy and cheap and now i want to get to the meat and bones. my budget is around 500

current set up
    Processor - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+
    MoBo - Abit NF-M2S Motherboard (similar to the link but older)
    video card - NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT / 256MB
    power supply - 450W
    HD - 250GB SATA-3G HD 7200/16MB/SATA-3G
    RAM - 2GB
    OS - Vista32

I am really looking for a new video card

currently my mobo doesnt have SLI support and it only has 1 PCI-Ex16 slot anyway. I am looking at grabbing a good video card that can carry my computer for a couple of years. the problem is that i dont want to order a card only to find out i have to get a larger power supply different mobo as well. if i have to ill just upgrade other parts first but my video card is really the limiting factor on my computer atm.

currently looking at 9800 GX2 or GTX vs 8800 ultra to eventually go for SLI once mobo gets replaced vs 3870x2. ive also just seen the new GTX 280 but im not really impressed with it and its not much of an upgrade over a GX2 to justify the extra money.

my question is 1: will i have any problems with the GX2 with my set up? 2: is it better to just go with a lesser card for SLI once i can get the new MOBO, cost and performance wise?

Those are some sweet specs.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    god damnit you fucks stop it with the searches

vanilla is held together by chicken wire and bandaids

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    chat what are you doing

chat

stahp

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    wait are we posting our first posts

wut
    i apparently can't post my first post

it's a load-bearing post

edit: for clarification i gave up the first time we broke the forums

Elendil on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    how're you all finding first posts?

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    How do you even see your first post without scrolling forever

how are you magicians doing this

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    wait are we posting our first posts

wut
    i apparently can't post my first post

it's a load-bearing post

edit: for clarification i gave up the first time we broke the forums

i have such a structural engineering boner for this post

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

first we tear down the forums brick by brick

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    people who can't pay attention to detail are the worst

especially when you are filing documents on one subsidiary of many that are similarly named

i just dug through like 10 boxes of documents to find a thing i know i sent to our file room a few weeks ago because apparently some idiot doesn't think it really matters if the name i write out on the post-it when i drop it off to be filed matches the exact name on the box you put it in

dlfkjasldkfjasjkl;fhasl;hfasl;hgaskl;

all you do is file things

how can you be terrible at that

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Lego Logan is adorbs

downloadE3F866493160E469CD928EF80F0515E2.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

I'm definitely doing this the scrub way, but searching from around the page number where I joined, around 150 or so.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

In the posts section, add "/p100" or whatever. Increase by 100 until it goes blank, then go down by 50, then up or down as necessary until you find it.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

you can put /p and then a number to go back pages, keep testing until you go all the way back.

This may be causing vanilla to explode, who knows, but somebody needs to varnish these servers apparently.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Damn Anne Hathaway is so cute. Just watched her interview on the Daily Show. And I was all, d'awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    than's real name alone

*gasp*

is Than's name ChadBradVlad?!

wtf do i hav u on gtalk

No :(

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Can I just say that I don't think Tolkien's really all that great? I mean, he had some great ideas, especially considering that he had few (or no) previous fantasy authors to draw from, but frankly I find a lot of his writing to be rather stale and boring. In some places he's downright clumsy, if I recall. I remember that I managed to make it through Lord of the Rings based on the story alone, but the second time I tried to read it, many years later, I couldn't make it through the second half of The Two Towers. He spends way too much time on imagery, if you ask me. I mean, I like having a picture in my mind about what's going on, but when you start filling several pages with it, it gets old really fast.

Am I the only one who thinks Tolkien wasn't a great writer?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Gooey wrote: »
    people who can't pay attention to detail are the worst

especially when you are filing documents on one subsidiary of many that are similarly named

i just dug through like 10 boxes of documents to find a thing i know i sent to our file room a few weeks ago because apparently some idiot doesn't think it really matters if the name i write out on the post-it when i drop it off to be filed matches the exact name on the box you put it in

dlfkjasldkfjasjkl;fhasl;hfasl;hgaskl;

all you do is file things

how can you be terrible at that

gooby i'm sure the lowlings try hard : (

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    i now have activated photoshop yeahhhhh

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

With Ronyas arcane voodoo. But we mustn't carry on using such dark powers! The veil between realities wears thin, and the immiterium begins to seep through, the forums are starting to get sucked into the deamon realm! We must stahp!

But seriously, so many people trawling through the archives at once seems to be shafting vanilla.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, close the thread

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.