As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The One [chat]

JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp.I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I was trying to make a snarky post about the vBulletin days, but vanilla ate it.

I think Vanilla knows.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    *casts black magic*

AA-VarnishRemover.jpg

aRkpc.gif
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I was trying to make a snarky post about the vBulletin days, but vanilla ate it.

I think Vanilla knows.
    geth does not intentionally eat seditious posts

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Kraken rum looks like a joke, but it's serious business.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I bet the girls would play a tabletop RPG based on Lord of the Rings.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    My first post, re:Breaking Bad OST:
    Just bought the new OST, pretty excited to listen to it all the way through.

Edit: "Crawl Space" is giving me a panic attack. I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSN9IZ0i-Y8

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    http://youtu.be/wC-JOW2YafM

Still love this.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    I am definitely missing posts in my history... and I'm okay with that. My 2006 and 2007 posting was atrocious, even compared to my 2010 and 2011 posting.

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I can't do the page number thing. It says user not found :(

Psn:wazukki
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    *casts black magic*

AA-VarnishRemover.jpg

YOU!

*points finger*

Forum wrecker!

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gooby wrote:
    people who can't pay attention to detail are the worst

especially when you are filing documents on one subsidiary of many that are similarly named

i just dug through like 10 boxes of documents to find a thing i know i sent to our file room a few weeks ago because apparently some idiot doesn't think it really matters if the name i write out on the post-it when i drop it off to be filed matches the exact name on the box you put it in

dlfkjasldkfjasjkl;fhasl;hfasl;hgaskl;

all you do is file things

how can you be terrible at that

boxes of documents?
    Hey grandpa, tell me more about what life was like before networked copy machines enabled filing drones to just park shit in the motherfucking cloud.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    @jacobkosh
    jabob that looks really cool

I am hell of interested in that box. Despite the rules system (which was a version of the infamous but well-named Rollmaster) I loved the hell out of Middle Earth Roleplaying.

Anything you can post about the game mechanics I would like to hear. Also what the game suggests a "normal" adventure is like.

I understand it is set in Rhovanion in the 80 ish years between The Hobbit and Fellowship but would like to know what the game suggests as things for the players to do

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/profile/comments/25514/wazilla/p500

aRkpc.gif
    are

are you talking about your boobs

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2013
    I have to say, normally my attitude to RPGs as physical objects is a sound ]whatever, but this is a really gorgeous and solid-feeling box set and I think it will be fun to own as an object irrespective of its virtues as a game (which are nonetheless, I am told, considerable).

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif

Again, you're another person who I thought had been around forever but you're really new.

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    production values matter, yo

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Aha! 1027 pages back! November 28, 2006! In a thread about education privatization

Oh my god

I can't even post it

I was so young

my youuuuuth :cry:

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    My first poast was in fact about Elona.

"Goff wrote:
    I got the sense from the reading this thread that the game was just all wacky hijinx (little girls as pets! get people drunk and sleep with them! alien impregnation!)

But now that I've actually played it a while, I realize that the wacky fun is part of it, but mostly it's just an awesome, awesome game. Seriously, this thread needs to make this more explicit. This game is bloody amazing.

Yeah, I got sucked in yesterday by the promise of "it sure is /b/ in here" but then the game delivered harder than most new jack roguelikes. This really is a good game.

After a few characters who all got annhiliated, I rerolled a female human claymore and made a beeline to Derphy. Anyone picking this up and getting smacked, besides getting a little girl (actually a good pet), save up 1500-2000 gold or so, head southwest to Derphy (it's off the road) and get a slave. My level 7 juere slave is dual wielding a claymore and some battle axe and doing pretty good damage.

This game will hurt your face over and over, but it delivers enough "lol marryin' my cat brb" moments to soothe the pain."

July 2008!

Since then I have gotten dumber because I forgot the value of buying slaves right away in Elona.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I have to say, normally my attitude to RPGs as physical objects is a sound ]whatever, but this is a really gorgeous and solid-feeling box set and I think it will be fun to own as an object irrespective of its virtues as a game (which are nonetheless, I am told, considerable).

have you ever seen a physical copy of the Planescape box set? Gorgeous.

the Birthright one is pretty impressive too.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Aha! 1027 pages back! November 28, 2006! In a thread about education privatization

Oh my god

I can't even post it

I was so young

Were you against education as a whole because homework sucks?

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    wazilla wrote: »

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/profile/comments/25514/wazilla/p500

weiiiiirrrrrd

Psn:wazukki
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

Again, you're another person who I thought had been around forever but you're really new.

I'll take that as a compliment!

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hello folks

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    because wazilla chadbradvlad is my gtalk name LOL

obF2Wuw.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Wtf no @ for me, Jacob?

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    My first post was in a recruitment thread for a D&D4E game in Critical Failures

This is because I joined the forums explicitly to play elfgames while I was on exchange in Japan

how times change

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Well, by my maths, that works out to EXACTLY 1850, though, as Utsanomiko says, the icons on the havoks are basically wasted points. Additionally, you're doing yourself a disservice by not giving your raptors special weapons, say, flamers or meltas.

My first post

Incidentally, by my second post I was arguing with @Katchem_ash

fuck gendered marketing
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    My game will come with tons of feelies if It ever gets funded.

Gold coins, scrolls, dice that aren't used by the game... just for the sake of having tangible shit on top of cards.

Oh my god

I can't even post it

I was so young

You know we're just going to go back and search it. And then the forums will assplode.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Apparently I registered in May 2009. Am I "old"?

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    Eddy wrote: »

in anime years, yes.

You're like a 30-year old anime, Eddy. so old!

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Gooby wrote:
    people who can't pay attention to detail are the worst

especially when you are filing documents on one subsidiary of many that are similarly named

i just dug through like 10 boxes of documents to find a thing i know i sent to our file room a few weeks ago because apparently some idiot doesn't think it really matters if the name i write out on the post-it when i drop it off to be filed matches the exact name on the box you put it in

dlfkjasldkfjasjkl;fhasl;hfasl;hgaskl;

all you do is file things

how can you be terrible at that

boxes of documents?
    Hey grandpa, tell me more about what life was like before networked copy machines enabled filing drones to just park shit in the motherfucking cloud.

blame the government. we have to keep physical copies of everything.

@organichu

trying hard doesn't get it done

this ship doesn't run on feelings

919UOwT.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Wait your first post Ell was about 40k? Chaos none the less?

u7stthr17eud.png
    Elendil wrote: »
    are

are you talking about your boobs

Yes.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    my first post was about privateer apparently

919UOwT.png
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

in anime years, yes.

You're like a 30-year old anime, Eddy. so desu!

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    My first post?, I dont even want to know

you are young

set the forums on fire

This discussion has been closed.