As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The One [chat]

• CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Good morning [chat]. How goes?

We're all looking at the past and regretting our dissipated forum youths.

Ah, is that why the forums are acting funny?

I am enjoying orange chocolate black tea :)

工事中
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    This is pretty true.

sick_day.png

u7stthr17eud.png
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    i feel like i am going to throw up from anxiety because i ordered food when my dad was home and that is the most unforgivable thing ever according to him

=/

That's a pretty shitty thing for him to do.

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    i feel like i am going to throw up from anxiety because i ordered food when my dad was home and that is the most unforgivable thing ever according to him
    Cass, you do have your money in a bank account that your parents don't have access to, right?

And have you looked into getting a credit card? I don't know if a credit history is as big a deal for finding an apartment in Canada as it is here, but getting a card, paying your expenses with it every month, then paying it down creates a history for you down here, and is a good idea to do while saving up for your apartment.

• JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    2 more days in camp and I'm free!

Free to go buy some games and some booze and hide from the winter. I also need new shoes and new glasses.

At some point I will hit the loneliness wall. At least this year it won't hurt as bad because at least I know the wall is coming so I can prepare myself for it. Last year, I didn't even want to acknowledge the existence of the wall.

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    if you want to draw your cards draw your cards

we're not dealing with a contract here right? you want to make a game?

draw the pictures first second and third if you want

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    I just ran the numbers.

if I do 2.5 pieces of art per day, it will take me precisely 100 days before I'm done with the art.

That means I will be done by April 18th... Joy...

Well, some of the Adobe products are now free. So there's that going for you.

Bah, I doubt it'd help me much.

i'm doing just fine with GIMP. The problem here isn't the tools.

Actually, since this is just to get the play-testing looking a bit more formal, how do you feel about copyright infringement?

Edit: Also the problem can be narrowed down to one tool. :P

yeah, no.

Not doing that, I feel very strongly on the matter.

Okay cool.

If I had an iota of drawing skill I'd offer to help, but all I can do is offer terrible advice from the sidelines.

How do you feel about kidnapping and slave labour?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    if you don't have a credit card in America you are an unperson to the corporatocracy and have to live in the forbidden zone

override367 on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Cass, you do have your money in a bank account that your parents don't have access to, right?

Fuck, I didn't even think about this, but this is a good call.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    btw 21st, the friend in question tends to use printed text pieces of paper slipped into a sleeved CCG card when he is working on card based stuff (he works for the L5R people quite a bit).

ie: get a stack of free magic cards (land or trash or whatevs) and sleeve em. Then print the text rules for your cards and cut out the paper. Put those in with the sleeves. That way they feel like sleeved cards and have consistant backs.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    if you don't have a credit card in America you are an unperson to the corporatocracy and have to live in the forbidden zone

Molly Ringwald Forbidden Zone or Danny Elfman Forbidden Zone?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Hey, quick question for Anno 2070 players: Is it worth it to choose a little island to turn into a toxic sludge pile by moving all your heavy industry there?

eh, kind of.

Keeping industry on a different island works. But you can't just turn it into detroit without consequenes. There are some disasters that are more likely with high pollution.

Also high pollution kills the production of any farms so you'd have to keep it to production / mining only.

Well, I have an island with +150 eco score, so I do only farming there. Nothing else. Another island right now just has a couple mines. I thought I'd move industry over there to reduce the amount of weather stations my main island requires.

btw 21st, the friend in question tends to use printed text pieces of paper slipped into a sleeved CCG card when he is working on card based stuff (he works for the L5R people quite a bit).

ie: get a stack of free magic cards (land or trash or whatevs) and sleeve em. Then print the text rules for your cards and cut out the paper. Put those in with the sleeves. That way they feel like sleeved cards and have consistant backs.

mtgcom_daily_mr96_pic3_en.jpg

This is what Magic cards look like when they're in playtesting.

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I want to thank Jacob for giving me a reason to listen to the Hobbit soundtrack some more. I loved it and bought the album, but it's currently at work because it's my "Go away, my headphones are on" music.

Feral wrote: »

Fuck, I didn't even think about this, but this is a good call.

indeed. Come to think of it might want to start moving any irreplaceable posessions or in general anything you would be just screwed without to someplace safe out of the house. Maybe choco's place?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Where is my goddamn flying car?

Got hit by laser cannons.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

And have you looked into getting a credit card? I don't know if a credit history is as big a deal for finding an apartment in Canada as it is here, but getting a card, paying your expenses with it every month, then paying it down creates a history for you down here, and is a good idea to do while saving up for your apartment.

Have a credit card, saving money, doing all that good stuff.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Huh, so a town had a violent video game buy back where you could get $25 for a violent video game. Hrm, would Madden have counted for that? Because if so then you could have made a killing by making a quick stop at Gamestop.

"I need all of your copies of Madden 08 and 09."

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Mmmm, bacon.

Move to New Zealand
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I think re-contract for JET and explore this JPL offer at the same time is the only choice that does not lead to me kicking myself in the future.

Okay, shutting up on this topic for now, I need time to just let it mull around in my brain. :D

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Your father is an asshole.

• TaminTamin Registered User regular

my argument is always that people have enough trouble thinking in two dimensions; I don't want to see a world where every driver is expected to think in three.

edited January 2013

Molly Ringwald Forbidden Zone or Danny Elfman Forbidden Zone?

Detroit.

Detroit.jpg

They would film every post apocalyptic movie ever in Detroit without any dressing instead of using sets, but they'd get killed by real life raiders, feral ghouls, supermutants, etc

override367 on
    Wait, new plan.

How many teachers are on this board that'll be willing to turn making card drawings into a class assignment?

Move to New Zealand
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Tamin wrote: »

my argument is always that people have enough trouble thinking in two dimensions; I don't want to see a world where every driver is expected to think in three.

Some people on the road barely manage one.

Mmmm, bacon.

Every Magic set is codenamed during design.

Mirrodin was Bacon. The following two sets were Lettuce and Tomato.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I forgot how sexy Castle's ex-wife is.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

Mmmm, bacon.

by that logic the next set was called Rutabaga, right

Have a credit card, saving money, doing all that good stuff.

Seems like you're in the end game then, just hang in there a little while longer. Keep your sights on the light at the end of the tunnel.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Wait, new plan.

How many teachers are on this board that'll be willing to turn making card drawings into a class assignment?

Hahaha oh man I do not think you would like the results of my students trying to interpret the english names of these cards.

Also I don't know if 21st wants to say his card art was one by jr. high slave labor. :P

Mmmm, bacon.

by that logic the next set was called Rutabaga, right

Well, sets come in threes, so the next three sets were Huey, Dewey, and Louie.

Inquisitor wrote: »
    Wait, new plan.

Hahaha oh man I do not think you would like the results of my students trying to interpret the english names of these cards.

Also I don't know if 21st wants to say his card art was one by jr. high slave labor. :P

It's not slave labour if it's over international borders!

The Niké sales person told me.

Move to New Zealand
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I just entered into season 2 of Cheers.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    i mentioned it before, but for Playtesting, i'm using a computer program, LackeyCCG. it lets me play the cardgame over the internets.

It's handy because i don't have a board game group to play with.

21stCentury on
    Tamin wrote: »

Completely agree. Obviously the era of flying cars will be the end of humans driving themselves around. It'd have to be all auto pilot.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    who puts rutabaga in BLT

aRkpc.gif
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Elki wrote: »

:^:

rRwz9.gif
    edited January 2013
    i mentioned it before, but for Playtesting, i'm using a computer program, LackeyCCG. it lets me play the cardgame over the internets.

It's handy because i don't have a board game group to play with.

heck that's even easier then

no need to print and cut out the text and stuff em into sleeves

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    Elki wrote: »

What like physically?

I suppose there are worst settings to be trapped in, Kirstie Alley is still pretty hot so there's that, but you have Reagan's presidency to live through

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    They are currently playtesting "coolness" "vagina" and "a satisfied woman"

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.