As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Icemopper wrote: »
    mxmarks wrote: »
    This may not be the best place, but I didnt want to start a new thread without the ability to follow through, and I have no idea where else to ask...

who normally does the PA Game of the Year thread? I LOVE them, and look forward to it every year. I have all my results from previous years saved, and was excited to get to voting this year.

Any idea what forumer usually heads that up, and if we can get it started if they're no longer willing?

I only ask here because doing Secret Santa and voting in the GOTY usually happen around the same time for me, so it's linked in my brain...

The great MCC usually heads that up, even if it is the only time he ever posts.

You can see the results from 2011 here.

I've chatted with MCC and there should be a list up soon.

Oh good. MCC's list is the only way I remember what I played last year, usually. Standard nomination process to add games to the list and then voting?

I imagine so.
    Heh. I did a quick search for mcc because I presumed people might be asking about it. Yeah, same plan as normal, we've got a preliminary list going elsewhere which should cover most stuff, but life has been crazy for her lately and she hasn't had the time to put the whole thing together quite yet. Should be within the next day or two.

Also, I got permission to note this although there's not going to be a huge deal made of it - there is no reason to be embarrassed, because none of you were incorrect. mcc was going by "him" until relatively recently.

Jragghen on
  • Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    Just finished ME1 a few weeks ago for the first time ever, fired up 2 and the slight changes are annoying at first but loving the progression.

Worried about these "changes" haha.

Oh well, just gonna have fun with it and enjoy my time.

It gets more action-oriented is all, certain people didn't like that (you can't please everyone right?) but personally I prefer ME2 and 3 over one, I don't need a massive inventory to micromanage,But I get why some do, and I all the things I love are still there, The great story, interesting universe and characters.

6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • mccmcc glitch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Hello Jragghen said people were asking about the GOTY poll, the nominations thread is up, please do take a look because the nominations period may be slightly abbreviated this year

• UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    HORSE HEAD MAAASSSK.

I really need to get myself one of those.

I may not live much longer without one.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2013
    I think we are done for the season! We have just one deadbeat this year, tying our count with last year. It's really impressive when you consider the number of people doing this year after year. Hypatia will probably PM people that volunteered to be Easter Bunnie.

For this thread, however, we are OUT. Thread will remained unlocked so any last-minute giftage can be properly posted, but that is it. Thanks to everyone for making the 2012 G&T Secret Santa a bigger success than ever. We managed to wrap things up significantly earlier than normal, which is always nice. A big tip of the Santa hat to @Hypatia, who does 99.9% of the heavy lifting in this thread.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season, and look forward to doing this again in another 11 months!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    All right, next year if I get an international Santee for the fourth straight year I'm going to have to ship directly from somewhere instead of mailing it myself. I'd much rather have something get there before Christmas than have it be delayed for BS reasons.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    1 deadbeat?

250px-Cedric-Bob.PNG

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Nice work everyone :)

steam_sig.png
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    I still have no idea who my Santa was...

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »

That was me. Should probably have mentioned it at some point, but I haven't really kept up with the forums for a while.

Still don't know who it was that flooded me with Steam games.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    That was me

(No it wasn't)

I can't believe such an awesome Santa would remain anonymous

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular

Me either.

Who on earth shall I shower with thank yous!?

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Thank you @Hypatia

*clap-clap-clapclapclap*

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Still never saw any pics from my Santee. :( In his defense though he did try to post the pics, but they were all broken. Said he'd try later, but never did. Oh well. At least I know he got it.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Still never saw any pics from my Santee. :( In his defense though he did try to post the pics, but they were all broken. Said he'd try later, but never did. Oh well. At least I know he got it.

I remember that, and am also anxious for actual pictures! What was it?

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Some PC games from a bundle, and the thing he was received in the mail was Super Mario RPG Sticker Star.

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    That sucks :( I'm super glad my Santee posted pictures, especially of the letter because I turned that around from idea to finished in a stupidly quick time (for me) and am really proud of it.

forumsig.png
    edited January 2013
    And I'm not trying to get him in trouble or anything. He still seemed grateful to get it. I just wanted to see some pics. Also want to hear what he thinks of it. I love the Super Mario RPG games and I'm interested how this one turned out.

anoffday on
  • KiasKias Registered User regular
    Another excellent holiday gifting season! I don't post as much as I would like, but the overall classiness of everyone here exponentially increases my Christmas cheer!

steam_sig.png

• LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Well done, everyone!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

That was me. Should probably have mentioned it at some point, but I haven't really kept up with the forums for a while.

Oh hai.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    See you all next year! I may or may not have more fiendish puzzles to share.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »

Oh hai.

In retrospect, it seems so obvious.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    santa PM'd me that there's something else they've been waiting on for a while for me. Curse you ETSYYYYYYY!!!

• 12gauge12gauge Registered User regular
    So does that men that I was the only one that got a deadbeat?

davidoc0.jpg
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    annddd i just found out a game i got my santee is the middle game in a trilogy... i'm a bad santa.

what game?

edited January 2013
    I also still have no idea who my SANTA is?

Edit: Cause my Santee was the very patient ThePain73 :)

Angel177 on
  • MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »

Me either.

I coulda swore I had my initials in one of the notes, but upon review -- oops.

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Angel177 wrote: »
    I also still have no idea who my santee is?

I think you mean Santa. Your Santee is who you sent presents to. And hopefully you knew that part. ;p

Also, is the final link up for this year's gift wall? I'd like to look over that.

ArcticLancer on
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Madpoet wrote: »
    darunia106 wrote: »

Me either.

I coulda swore I had my initials in one of the notes, but upon review -- oops.

So YOU'RE the one!

Thank you so much for the gifts!

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • KitsunekariKitsunekari Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    GiftGet4b.gif

So over the last 2 days I got 2 more packages in the mail from my Santa! I guess he was mildly delayed by stuff, but I have no complaints lol.

For starters, I got this in the mail yesterday. I'd seen it occasionally on the shelves of Card Kingdom, but never really looked into it. @Evilbadman and I played a few games last night, it's fun! I also kicked his butt, bwuahahahaha!
    photo1_zps2f43a346.jpg

Then, early this morning (Ok so more like...9am, but that's early damnit!) my doorbell rings with another package. There was a box, and as I opened it I was greeted with this ominous note.
    photo2_zps6346dd8b.jpg

Inside was another note...
    photo5-1_zps41241353.jpg

And a....present?
    photo4-1_zps7b72fef5.jpg

That beef jerky seems...familiar....
    AaronKI wrote: »

I hope you like beef jerky, bleach, and books!
    Mmmmm......beef jerky....

Nice, Troll Santa. I see you're pretty smart about your stalking process.

Underneath all that was a totally-not-terrible-false-bottom of the box.
    photo12_zps8c2fa722.jpg

I lifted that up to find another note.
    photo22_zps0d77d514.jpg

Under the note was a code that...I'm not entirely certain if this was Troll Santa screwing with me again or not.
    classified_zps572ad6cd.jpg
    On the back of the paper, another note!
    photo32_zps062a0f8a.jpg

And actually, the note was more like a LOT of papers printed on with pictures of games. A LOT OF GAMES.
    photo52_zps2e378937.jpg

Edit: Badman made a good point, I'd like to thank @Frem for being insanely awesome and giving me a fun and prosperous Secret Santa gift! This was definitely a good first year, and something that will be hard to top :)

Kitsunekari on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    GiftGet4b.gif

So over the last 2 days I got 2 more packages in the mail from my Santa! I guess he was mildly delayed by stuff, but I have no complaints lol.

For starters, I got this in the mail yesterday. I'd seen it occasionally on the shelves of Card Kingdom, but never really looked into it. @Evilbadman and I played a few games last night, it's fun! I also kicked his butt, bwuahahahaha!
    photo1_zps2f43a346.jpg

Why the shit is your Christmas tree still up?

Also, @frem for visibility

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
    GiftGet4b.gif

photo1_zps2f43a346.jpg

Because Christmas ain't over until it's my birthday! :P

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    annddd i just found out a game i got my santee is the middle game in a trilogy... i'm a bad santa.
    Which one?

Bit.Trip Core isn't the first game, but they haven't been released in the proper order on Steam. Layton is, I think, the fourth in the series. I played 1, skipped 2 and 3, and am loving Miracle Mask. To The Moon is stand-alone (I think). Gemini Rue (which is next on my list) looks stand-alone, and Spec Ops feels like a complete story, too.

All that aside, I think you did a fantastic job, and I love my gifts to death! Thank you thank you thank you. :)

camo_sig2.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    GiftGet4b.gif

photo1_zps2f43a346.jpg

At which point in time, that becomes a birthday tree and gets to stay up another 6 months, just in time for Christmas decorations to start making their way into retail stores. Then, the magnificient birthday tree molts, returning to it's previous state as Kits' Christmas Tree.

Its a glorious cycle.

Did you not get a gift?!

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Edit: nothing to see here #whistle#

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »

Did you not get a gift?!

I got The AssCreed 3 art book but no note, and no post to tell me after I posted pics....

see317 wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif

photo1_zps2f43a346.jpg

At which point in time, that becomes a birthday tree and gets to stay up another 6 months, just in time for Christmas decorations to start making their way into retail stores. Then, the magnificient birthday tree molts, returning to it's previous state as Kits' Christmas Tree.

Its a glorious cycle.

BRILLIANT! I love it, now to just get the tree to not die a slow and horrifying death over the next year...